DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-01-2012, 04:56 PM   #1636
heathers4um
DIS Veteran

ooooooh congrats!! And Welcome Home!

I am looking into adding on this week! Before DVC, AKL was always my favorite. We currently are OKW'ers, and I LOVE it there. It makes sense to round ourselves off with AKV now!

So here's the age old question: Jambo or Kidani, and why?

I love the idea of 2 bathrooms and the overall new-ness in Kidani. BUT I adore the Jambo House and the surroundings there, the pool and the Mara. We walked around Kidani last time we were home and I THINK I remember us leaving saying we still preferred Jambo (I wonder if thats just because we have never stayed in Kidani?) but that was a year ago and because we are so close to being owners there ourselves, I am re-visiting the whole debate. Plus, I want to know which one to make our upcoming July reservation at!

Quote:
Originally Posted by neonatalicurn View Post
My DH and I are brand new owners at AKV. I've learned so much from y'all's posts!! One thing I'm not familiar with is the medallion rubbing. Would someone enlighten me? Thanks!

"While Eeyore frets ...and Piglet hesitates...and Rabbit calculates...and Owl pontificates...Pooh just is. "
heathers4um is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 11:35 PM   #1637
rbcheek
Just A Little Goofy

Wow, been away from the DIS way too long. We ave been AKL owners since the points became available and we still have not had a chance to stay there until this upcoming Oct. (besides a 1 night stay in a studio room before a cruise)
We used the on-line reservation method and was completely surprised that we got a 2-bedroom savanah view within 10 minutes of logging on. Quick and simple.
Jambo house is awesome - Kidani is quaint. A little more personal. So I would say Kidani would be better if you want to stay away from the hustle of the bigger house. Of course if you want, Jambo is not really that far of a walk unless you have a room farthest from the lobby.
VB member since '02 - AKLV member since '07 2530 miles from house to home PO - '98 (1st WDW trip), AKL - '02 (Best resort - ever), OKW - '03 (1st DVC Trip), DCL & VB - '05 (1st Cruise), BCV - '06 (1st w/out kids)BCV- '07, AKV - '08 (1st time back as owners)
rbcheek is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-08-2012, 11:13 AM   #1638
majortom1981
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by heathers4um View Post
ooooooh congrats!! And Welcome Home!

I am looking into adding on this week! Before DVC, AKL was always my favorite. We currently are OKW'ers, and I LOVE it there. It makes sense to round ourselves off with AKV now!

So here's the age old question: Jambo or Kidani, and why?

I love the idea of 2 bathrooms and the overall new-ness in Kidani. BUT I adore the Jambo House and the surroundings there, the pool and the Mara. We walked around Kidani last time we were home and I THINK I remember us leaving saying we still preferred Jambo (I wonder if thats just because we have never stayed in Kidani?) but that was a year ago and because we are so close to being owners there ourselves, I am re-visiting the whole debate. Plus, I want to know which one to make our upcoming July reservation at!
You can always have your room at kidani but spend your time at jambo. When we go we stay at kidani but eat lunch at the mara at jambo house and hang out at jambo. By staying at kidani you get first crack at the buses and get a quieter resort for when it counts. I dont mind the walk to jambo , plus you can always take a park bus over to jambo from kidani.
majortom1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 11:35 AM   #1639
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

I LOVE both but if I had to pick it would be Jambo .... I really like being in the middle of the action!
Old 03-12-2012, 01:52 PM   #1640
ajf1007
DIS Veteran

I have to pick Kidani. I love the laid back quiet quality of Kidani mixed with the quick walk to Jambo when I need my Boma breakfast or a quick meal at Mara. I totally prefer the Kidani pool over the Jambo pool though. I think it has a better slide and all around better atmosphere. If only there was a Mara at the Kidani pool, I'd be in heaven!

Last edited by ajf1007; 03-12-2012 at 01:53 PM. Reason: spelling
ajf1007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 09:25 AM   #1641
Kathymford
A little obsessed is ok....right?

Just wanted to join in and say hello! This isn't our home resort, but it is our first stay here. We just arrived yesterday at Jambo, and I think I'm in love. This place is amazing!! And we haven't even explored much yet. Even DBF is shouting "we need more points!!"
Old 10-11-2012, 09:30 PM   #1642
rusafee1183
DVC Owner Since 2012!

Wow, it took a while to find this thread.

We are first time owners and joined in May. We are the very excited owners of 120 points at AKV!

Sadly, we have never stayed here - but have been to AKL several times for dinners and was always floored by how beautiful it is.

Just wanted to say HI!
Old 10-11-2012, 10:40 PM   #1643
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Welcome!

We don't own at AKV, but we've stayed at the AKL/AKV more than any other WDW resort and will be upping those odds this January when we go back again. It's a wonderful place and I'm sure addonitis will set in after your first stay!
Alison ~~~~ She said it wouldn't be Boring! | Our Disney Dream Home|Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine |Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 11:06 PM   #1644
goofygurlie
Wag and the world wags with you...Howl and they put you outside.

We are new owners at Kidani and our first trip is May 2013. I am so excited!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Old 10-11-2012, 11:39 PM   #1645
rusafee1183
DVC Owner Since 2012!

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
Welcome!

We don't own at AKV, but we've stayed at the AKL/AKV more than any other WDW resort and will be upping those odds this January when we go back again. It's a wonderful place and I'm sure addonitis will set in after your first stay!
Thanks!!

Well, between the time I posted that and now - WE BOOKED A TRIP!

I saw a post about cheap flights, so I checked and sure enough they were CHEAP! We will be staying at AKV for the first time in January now!

Visa loves me
Old 10-12-2012, 01:10 AM   #1646
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusafee1183 View Post
Thanks!!

Well, between the time I posted that and now - WE BOOKED A TRIP!

I saw a post about cheap flights, so I checked and sure enough they were CHEAP! We will be staying at AKV for the first time in January now!

Visa loves me
When in January are you going? We arrive on the 30th for 5 nights and then we switch to BLT for three nights. It's kind of a best of both worlds trip. first we are away from the hubub, then we are right in the middle.
Alison ~~~~ She said it wouldn't be Boring! | Our Disney Dream Home|Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine |Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 07:30 AM   #1647
rusafee1183
DVC Owner Since 2012!

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj

When in January are you going? We arrive on the 30th for 5 nights and then we switch to BLT for three nights. It's kind of a best of both worlds trip. first we are away from the hubub, then we are right in the middle.
Sounds like a great trip! We stayed at BLT last year and it was great!

We booked Jan 20th - 25th! We will stay at SSR the 1st night because of availability and then switch to Kidani for the rest of the week!! So excited!!!
I think I am most excited because we are able to take my sister with us and she hasn't been there in years!
Old 10-13-2012, 09:21 AM   #1648
ChesapeakeTechie
Mouseketeer

We are heading down to AKL - booked a 2BR Savannah View room and will be there tomorrow!! It's our first time and have some questions:

-Any recommended restaurants for dinner there with kids?
-We ordered some groceries through the DVC member site and faxed in the form, when are they usually delivered?
-Any reason to do online check in?

Thanks!
ChesapeakeTechie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 09:01 PM   #1649
jennifer in canada
Mouseketeer

newbie questions

Just a question or two...

Is it correct that to book a special safari in AK you have to be staying club level, either on a cash reservation or using points?Just being a DVC member does not count?Does CL use only apply to those booked CL?We stayed club level before and i could have sworn at the time if you were DVC you could access the lounge.I know only those staying on those floors had key access to the elevators?

Want to do a club level stay for the safari and if not available am i able to book just one night of a cash reservation so i am able to do this?
What kind of rate do members get on making cash reservations and does it actually have to be the members staying in the room?
jennifer in canada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 09:23 PM   #1650
pixie08
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennifer in canada View Post
Just a question or two...

Is it correct that to book a special safari in AK you have to be staying club level, either on a cash reservation or using points?Just being a DVC member does not count?Does CL use only apply to those booked CL?We stayed club level before and i could have sworn at the time if you were DVC you could access the lounge.I know only those staying on those floors had key access to the elevators?

Want to do a club level stay for the safari and if not available am i able to book just one night of a cash reservation so i am able to do this?
What kind of rate do members get on making cash reservations and does it actually have to be the members staying in the room?

CL level is just for people staying CL (wether on points or cash) no one else can access it. As of now the wynamara safari, and the other is just for CL guests. Yes you can book CL on a cash rate IF it is available. It is a hard ressie to get. DVC members get 25% off cash reservations in a DVC room.

pixie08 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: