DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-22-2011, 05:29 PM   #1501
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMrules View Post
I saw on line there are savanna rooms available for cash. Can I get upgraded when I check in? (If I offer to pay the difference??)
Those rooms are held in different inventory than rooms for points, so even if they are available when you check in they can't upgrade you to the cash rooms.
Alison ~~~~ She said it wouldn't be Boring! | Our Disney Dream Home|Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine |Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 08:43 PM   #1502
Doug7856
DIS Veteran

Two more sleeps until Jambo!!!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-22-2011, 09:13 PM   #1503
Donald is #1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepops View Post
Recently got back from a 2 day stay in a 2BR dedicated room at Kidani. All I can say is WOW is that place HUGE! We had lots of room and the balcony overlooking the savana was huge as well. What a great place to call Home!
Did the 2nd bedroom have 2 beds or was it 1 bed plus a sofa bed?

I have only stayed in a lock-off at AKV and and trying to figure out whether I will book a lock-off or dedicated for a family trip next year.

Thanks Kimmar
Go Red Sox & Patriots!
Donald is #1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 09:31 AM   #1504
MMrules
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
Those rooms are held in different inventory than rooms for points, so even if they are available when you check in they can't upgrade you to the cash rooms.
Bummer....well my fault for wanting to go so soon after my last vacation and not planning further out. At least I got a room

97-CBR, 98-CBR, 03-BC,04-DCL, 06-CBR, 07-AKL, 09-CBR, 11-WL (solo trip) BCV (1st DVC member trip) AKV, 12-WL, BCV, BWV 13-BWV 14-VWL 15-AKV

MMrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 11:03 AM   #1505
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald is #1 View Post

I have only stayed in a lock-off at AKV and and trying to figure out whether I will book a lock-off or dedicated for a family trip next year.
I'm pretty sure our dedicated had two beds on the 2nd room.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMrules View Post
Bummer....well my fault for wanting to go so soon after my last vacation and not planning further out. At least I got a room
Exactly! : Any room at AKL is better than not being there!
Alison ~~~~ She said it wouldn't be Boring! | Our Disney Dream Home|Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine |Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 05:39 PM   #1506
Donald is #1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
I'm pretty sure our dedicated had two beds on the 2nd room.
Awesome thanks! I think that means I will try for a dedicated 2 BR next year. That way, my sister can have a real bed.

Thanks Kimmar
Go Red Sox & Patriots!
Old 07-24-2011, 08:45 PM   #1507
Steamboat Girlie
I WANT TO BE LOCKED IN THE DISNEY VAULT! "Huh-huh. Up and at 'em, pal. Oooh boy, are we glad you're here, big doin's goin' on, so let's get started! See ya real soon!"

Quote:
Oh and with DW and 3 DD, all I can say is for the folks that designed in 3 bathrooms!
Me too! I think the 3rd bathroom (or second if your in a one bedroom) is ingenious! I just assumed that the one bedroom at Aulani would have 2 bathrooms as well. But I saw on youtube a video of an actual one bedroom at Aulani (not the model room) and it only had the one bathroom. They went back to the design of the bathroom that's in VWL/BCV/BWV. To me the configuration is weird, you know, with the window from the tub that opens into the bedroom, and all the doors, kind of like a small maze! Give me a one bedroom in Kidani any day. The design is perfect!

1976; 85; 86; 88; 96; 04; 08 - off site, 1983 - Disney's Polynesian Village, 2000 - Disneyland Resort, 02 - Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa, 02 - Walt Disney World Swan, 02 - Disney's Coronado Springs, 04 & 09 - Disney's Wilderness Lodge and Villas Resort, 05 - Disney's Pop Century Resort, 08, 09 & '12 - Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas, '11 & '13 - Disney's BoardWalk, '12 - Disney's Old Key West, 13' - Disney's Bay Lake Tower

Steamboat Girlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 10:38 PM   #1508
DizDays
DVC & D23 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steamboat Girlie View Post
Me too! I think the 3rd bathroom (or second if your in a one bedroom) is ingenious! I just assumed that the one bedroom at Aulani would have 2 bathrooms as well. But I saw on youtube a video of an actual one bedroom at Aulani (not the model room) and it only had the one bathroom. They went back to the design of the bathroom that's in VWL/BCV/BWV. To me the configuration is weird, you know, with the window from the tub that opens into the bedroom, and all the doors, kind of like a small maze! Give me a one bedroom in Kidani any day. The design is perfect!
I couldn't agree more! Kidani and Bay Lake have the best 1 bedroom configurations. I've always felt with each new resort they learned and improved. I'm surprised Aulani isn't the AKV/BLT design. That was the best yet!

DizDays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 10:58 PM   #1509
LisaS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steamboat Girlie View Post
They went back to the design of the bathroom that's in VWL/BCV/BWV. To me the configuration is weird, you know, with the window from the tub that opens into the bedroom, and all the doors, kind of like a small maze! Give me a one bedroom in Kidani any day. The design is perfect!
I prefer the VWL/BCV/BWV/OKW/etc. configuration with the jacuzzi tub in a separate room from the shower stall. I can have a quiet relaxing soak in the tub in privacy while DH uses the big shower stall (or vice versa).

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizDays View Post
I couldn't agree more! Kidani and Bay Lake have the best 1 bedroom configurations. I've always felt with each new resort they learned and improved. I'm surprised Aulani isn't the AKV/BLT design. That was the best yet!
My biggest complaint with the design of Kidani is that they have eliminated much of the closet space. Instead of a separate closet for the washer/dryer, they put it in the front hall closet where it takes up most of the space. The high chair no longer fits there so they put that in the master closet which is already cramped due to the pedestal safe. That doesn't leave much room for clothes and suitcases. On our most recent stay, the high chair had not been cleaned. It was very sticky -- not something I want sharing space with my clothes!

I love the big closets at OKW, BWV and VWL. We put jackets, suitcases, and our Owners Lockers in the front closet and have plenty of space for clothes in the large master bedroom closets. I really miss having all that storage space when we stay at Kidani.
Old 07-28-2011, 02:12 PM   #1510
joech
Mouseketeer

We just came back from a 2 weeks trip staying in 7308 Studio and 7310 1 bedroom for the last few nights. Currently I am suffering from PVD.

1st DCL Oct 13-17
2013 Oct 12 -26 AKV Kidani (1st DCL Oct 13-17)
2012 Dec 22- Jan 3 AKV Kidani
2011 July 13-27 AKV Kidani
2010 Dec 25-30 Disneyland
2009 July 12-24 AKV Kidani
2008 Dec 25-Jan 4 AKV (1st trip home)Christmas 2008 AKV First Trip Home Report with Pictures
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2036527
2008 May 23-26 DVC Getaway Days Travel Expo
2007 Dec 15-29 AKL
2007 March 29-Apr 4 AKL/Contemporary

Last edited by joech; 07-28-2011 at 02:37 PM.
joech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 02:32 PM   #1511
mamaprincess
DIS Veteran

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

The 1 br's at Kidani are the best! We put my mom and the grand kids in one while we stayed in Jambo. We were in awe of Kidani's 1 br. I loved everything about it. We booked one for our upcoming trip. There is no way I would do a 1 br anywhere else except BLT which we have stayed in. Those are also superior to the other dvc 1 br's. We are a family of 5 so these are perfect and a Kidani standard saves us points over any other location. If we wanted a 2br we'd go with a value for the points savings since we are just a family of 5. Jambo and Kidani are so gorgeous and amazing.
mamaprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 01:02 PM   #1512
thepops
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald is #1 View Post

the 2nd had 2 beds. The living area had the pullout couch as well as the sleeper chair. LOTS of room for all of us.
Old 07-29-2011, 05:41 PM   #1513
MMrules
DIS Veteran

Just called in my flight info today ....

Now the wait for the Magical Express packet to arrive

97-CBR, 98-CBR, 03-BC,04-DCL, 06-CBR, 07-AKL, 09-CBR, 11-WL (solo trip) BCV (1st DVC member trip) AKV, 12-WL, BCV, BWV 13-BWV 14-VWL 15-AKV

MMrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 09:35 PM   #1514
Donald is #1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
the 2nd had 2 beds. The living area had the pullout couch as well as the sleeper chair. LOTS of room for all of us.
Awesome thanks! I'm sure that my sister will prefer the bed to a pull out sofa. (Though she will be getting a pull-out sofa during our F&WF trip this fall.) The kids aer going to get the pull-out sofa & chair in the living room.

Thanks Kimmar
Go Red Sox & Patriots!
Old 07-30-2011, 08:49 AM   #1515
moviekid21
Earning My Ears

I'll be checking into a Kidani Studio SV Sept 26-28!! Never been to AKV, is there any tips for a great SV Studio? My younger brother and sister are coming and I'm surprising them with this stay. They've always wanted to stay here, and I really want to WOW them. Any help appreciated!!

moviekid21 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: