Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-07-2008, 02:22 PM   #106
godfrey
You're kidding me, right?

You have some really lovely pics. Thanx
Old 05-07-2008, 04:24 PM   #107
podsnel
just skippin' around, amusing myself...

Hi Dawn! I'm so glad you're writing about another trip- I've been enjoying your girls trip, it's getting me psyched for my girls trip on June 1st- at SSR....so I'm getting a LOT out of BOTH of your vacays this year!! Love the way you write, and I can't WAIT to read more....
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-07-2008, 04:49 PM   #108
MAF
DIS Veteran

This is off-topic, but I LOVE your hair cut. It's cute.
Old 05-07-2008, 04:52 PM   #109
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAF View Post
Us too! My DIL had me save a pic of yours, cuz hers didn't turn out quite right, and she wants to show the stylist next time!
Old 05-07-2008, 07:12 PM   #110
nateryan
Mouseketeer

Great Job! I can't wait to hear about SSR! There is no such thing as taking too many pictures at Disney!!!

Oct 98 - CBR - Honeymoon * Dec 00 - CBR & CS * Dec 01 - CBR * Dec 03 - Poly * Dec 04 - BCV * Nov 05 - CBR * Nov 07 - CBR * Nov 08 - CBR * Dec 10 - CBR
Old 05-07-2008, 07:13 PM   #111
MadiMouse
Member of the 2011 WDW Moms Panel

Great update! I always take pics like that, too. So does DH.
Keep it coming!

2011 - 2012 Walt Disney World Moms Panel

I am not a Disney employee. The postings here are my own and do not represent the positions or opinions of the Disney Company.
Old 05-07-2008, 08:05 PM   #112
VandyFan10
GoDoReS!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkin413 View Post
i don't know....i think you and i would probably end up leaving matt and ray behind just because we are more disney crazy! this whole vacation ray was wanting to rest or sit or just chill out and i was always ready to go! but i let him rest - it was his vacation too! (i guess. )
Disney would be cool....but I was just thinking b/c of the similarities we all just need to go SOMEWHERE!!

I think it would be fun

Maybe someday
May, Oct 2011 - Off Property
May, Sept, Dec 2012 - Off Property
Jan 2013 - Polynesian!
March, Sept, Dec 2013 - Off Property
Jan 2014 - Animal Kingdom Villas
**I really think I'm missing one or two

The Vandy Girls are BACK!!
MY FIRST TR!!!!! Our Christmas Trip in PICTURES!!!! ~~Oh...and I'm obsessed with the Castle~~
Old 05-08-2008, 08:43 AM   #113
AussieAngel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
are you scared of birds, too???? if so, you and my best friend from high school are the only other people i know who are. i have a completely irrational fear of them! and yes, there is a bird section on the pangani trail, but they don't fly at your head or anything. the netting is really high, so they're all really far away.
Ooh my goodness Dawn! You're scared of birds too?!!!

I don't think it's an irrational fear at all! I've always been absolutely petrified of moths. Moths make me panic and hyperventilate in a non-funny way, if they're anywhere near me.

Anyway, I took a while to realise it was the moths' wings I didn't like. Moths are so flappy and jumpy and have big, heavy, furry, disgusting wings. Eugh.

And birds!? Birds are a bit different because they don't fly into my house (!!), so they're not so much of a problem. But I really hate if a brave bird gets too close to me. It's the wings!

And bats!? Bats are pure evil. They're like giant moths, but with horns and sharp teeth. But again, they don't come into my house either, so I don't need to worry about them so much.

So um, yeah. I have a fear of anything with wings! I think I'll just skip the Animal Kingdom trails altogether!!

That's my rant, over!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My 2006 trip report - Two Aussie First-Timers in Disney!
My 2009 dining report - Our delicious Disney deluxe dining adventures!
My 2009 trip report - Laughter, Tears & Screams - Two Aussies in Disney World!
Old 05-08-2008, 08:55 AM   #114
hlrababy
Disney Princess ~Tinkerbell, sprinkle me with your pixie dust~ That castle is mine!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieAngel View Post

I don't think it's an irrational fear at all! I've always been absolutely petrified of moths. Moths make me panic and hyperventilate in a non-funny way, if they're anywhere near me.

Anyway, I took a while to realise it was the moths' wings I didn't like. Moths are so flappy and jumpy and have big, heavy, furry, disgusting wings. Eugh.

And birds!? Birds are a bit different because they don't fly into my house (!!), so they're not so much of a problem. But I really hate if a brave bird gets too close to me. It's the wings!

And bats!? Bats are pure evil. They're like giant moths, but with horns and sharp teeth. But again, they don't come into my house either, so I don't need to worry about them so much.

So um, yeah. I have a fear of anything with wings! I think I'll just skip the Animal Kingdom trails altogether!!

That's my rant, over!
Oh my gosh!!! I am scared of moths too!!! I freak when they get near me!! That is too funny!! And low flying birds do me in!!
Old 05-08-2008, 09:25 AM   #115
winkers
I was stuck in that position and ... It took 4 strapping young boys to hoist me back on my feet
Personally, I'm a popper! I love me some black heads.

ewww....bed music next door! The only thing worse is when it's people in the same room as you.

I love the pic in your siggy of you and peter pan! It's so cute!
Old 05-08-2008, 09:47 AM   #116
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by winkers View Post
ewww....bed music next door! The only thing worse is when it's people in the same room as you.

That sounds like a story....
Old 05-08-2008, 04:35 PM   #117
DisneyLaura
A Dream is A Wish Your Heart Makes

Quote:

Old 05-08-2008, 06:59 PM   #118
punkin413
feel the magic, dang it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyJo View Post
Hi Dawn, welcome home

What a horrid first night, not nice to listen too at all!!!!!

SSR looks lovely, I hope you get the room you want and what a pain about the bus. Loving all your photos though
hey, jo! thanks for coming over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by godfrey View Post
You have some really lovely pics. Thanx
thank you!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by podsnel View Post
Hi Dawn! I'm so glad you're writing about another trip- I've been enjoying your girls trip, it's getting me psyched for my girls trip on June 1st- at SSR....so I'm getting a LOT out of BOTH of your vacays this year!! Love the way you write, and I can't WAIT to read more....
cool! i know you'll just love SSR - it's so nice being close to DTD. request congress park if you like to shop! it's literally a 10-minute walk. i hope i get to my tuesday morning update before you leave so you can see all the wonderful pics i took of the resort. if not, PM me and i'll e-mail them to you! and thanks for your sweet compliments!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAF View Post
thank you! i like it too. my hair was getting really long and all that underneath on my neck was driving me nuts! my hair grows really fast though so now i have to get it cut like every 3 weeks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICFOR2 View Post
Us too! My DIL had me save a pic of yours, cuz hers didn't turn out quite right, and she wants to show the stylist next time!
awwwwww....that's so sweet! thank you! tell her to come to winder, georgia for my stylist. she's awesome - she cuts my hair for like $25 and the highlights she gave me only cost me $40. of course i didn't get that many, but you'd pay at least $60 easy anywhere else!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateryan View Post
Great Job! I can't wait to hear about SSR! There is no such thing as taking too many pictures at Disney!!!
thanks! the majority of my SSR pics will be in my day 3 update. that's a good ways away considering i'm not even halfway done with day 1 yet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadiMouse View Post
Great update! I always take pics like that, too. So does DH.
Keep it coming!
thanks, cas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VandyFan10 View Post
Disney would be cool....but I was just thinking b/c of the similarities we all just need to go SOMEWHERE!!

I think it would be fun

Maybe someday
oh, okay. sounds good to me! we love savannah - we should all do a long weekend there someday. it's a great place to just relax and have fun and people watch......and drink.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieAngel View Post

That's my rant, over!
moths don't bother me. neither do bats, although i've never been really close to a bat. it's the beaks and claws that bother me with birds. i was attacked by a blue jay when i was 9 years old and that's what tainted me for life! i have to have an extra chair if i eat anywhere at disney that has a duck/bird problem so i can put my feet up in the chair. and i pretty much have to close my eyes when walking through frontierland in the late afternoon - it seems like that area is ALWAYS full of those big, scary white birds during that time of day. they're planning an invasion, i tell you!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlrababy View Post
Oh my gosh!!! I am scared of moths too!!! I freak when they get near me!! That is too funny!! And low flying birds do me in!!
see above.

Quote:

so do you want to elaborate on that for us?

thanks about the pic. i couldn't believe i met him. we had just got finished meeting captain hook on friday morning and i look around the corner and there he was. i've NEVER seen him in the parks (other than parades) and i was so excited because he's my favorite character! i cropped wendy out of the pic - we don't like wendy. she's a homewrecker - she stole tink's man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICFOR2 View Post
That sounds like a story....
EXACTLY!
Old 05-08-2008, 07:17 PM   #119
winkers
I was stuck in that position and ... It took 4 strapping young boys to hoist me back on my feet
Personally, I'm a popper! I love me some black heads.

Quote:
so do you want to elaborate on that for us?
It was a friend of mine. A few months after she got married they went on a vacation with another couple. On the first night they shared a hotel room with 2 queen beds. Not long after they checked into the room, the other couple went into the bathroom............not long after there was ALOT of noise. They then had to look at this couple when they came out and spend a whole week vacationing with them .

Quote:
thanks about the pic. i couldn't believe i met him. we had just got finished meeting captain hook on friday morning and i look around the corner and there he was. i've NEVER seen him in the parks (other than parades) and i was so excited because he's my favorite character! i cropped wendy out of the pic - we don't like wendy. she's a homewrecker - she stole tink's man.
I'll never think of Wendy the same again!
Old 05-08-2008, 07:57 PM   #120
punkin413
feel the magic, dang it!

Quote:
It was a friend of mine. A few months after she got married they went on a vacation with another couple. On the first night they shared a hotel room with 2 queen beds. Not long after they checked into the room, the other couple went into the bathroom............not long after there was ALOT of noise. They then had to look at this couple when they came out and spend a whole week vacationing with them .
um......slightly awkward, i would say.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: