Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-06-2008, 07:02 PM   #76
MadiMouse
Member of the 2011 WDW Moms Panel

Quote:
Originally Posted by VandyFan10 View Post

YEAAAAAAA

I hope you guys have a wonderful time!!

Yes...you need to just change your plans

Glenda will be there too!!!!!
Heyyyyyy!!! Yes, we will have a good time. I cannot wait to read all of the TR's in Sept. I will do one on DLR, too!!

I still love ya'll!!

2011 - 2012 Walt Disney World Moms Panel

I am not a Disney employee. The postings here are my own and do not represent the positions or opinions of the Disney Company.
Old 05-06-2008, 07:40 PM   #77
punkin413
feel the magic, dang it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienBrain View Post
I am smack dab in the middle ... Midtown by Georgia Tech. I am a researcher/PhD student at Georgia Tech and like being able to walk to work.

So you live near Athens ... that's in Bulldog country. Any ties to UGA or Tech? I see your DH is wearing a Tennessee hat so I am assuming you probably aren't UGA fans.
yes, we live 20 miles from athens and let me tell ya......it's no fun when you're not a bulldog fan. oh, except when they lose!!! i wouldn't call myself a tech fan but i definitely do cheer for them when they play UGA!!! and as erica told you, i'm a vandy girl. i grew up in the nashville area and was brought up in a vandy household and have held true to my upbringing. DH is a tennessee fan. go figure!

i've shown this to tunajr. and erica, but i wanted to share it with you, too. in fall 2006 when vandy beat UGA at their homecoming football game, i was THRILLED, as you can imagine. a couple weeks later i decided to be a "winner" for halloween!

i really had nothing against UGA until i moved to georgia and red, black and white got SHOVED into my face. it's considered sacreligious around here not to be a bulldog fan, especially where i live! and i'm not saying all bulldog fans are this way, but most of them are TERRIBLE losers and EVEN WORSE winners!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbell87512 View Post
Joining in on your trippie.

Sorry about your...ehmmm...noisy neighbors. Thats never a good thing
thanks for joining in!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beana9802 View Post
I'm here! I am goin' back to read...

Okay...great update! I am so happy Mattica and Beana were good. Thanks for bucklin' us in! We tend to "fly around" if not properly strapped in!
i took care of you guys the whole time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleeping*Beauty View Post
Can't wait to see all of your pictures!!
i can't wait to show you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
Yeah, hurry up and get us under that Disney World arch so we can get the 'hotel neighbors episode' out of our minds!!!

Tap on my computer when you're ready to start. Until then, I'm just going to keep my hands over my ears.
i'll be tapping soon hopefully. i'm gonna try to get another installment out before i dive back into work full force just so you guys get a disney fix!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmillercrew View Post
Subscribing so I don't lose you amongst all the other posters. Can't wait to see and hear more.
thanks for joining us!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadiMouse View Post
Hey Punkkiiiinnnnn gyrl!

I am ready to hear about another adventure!

Cas
hey, cas!!! glad you made it over here. i'm so excited for you and your upcoming trip......you guys are gonna have a blast! and definitely write about DLR! we plan on making it there one day!

Quote:
Thanks for getting us buckled in I told MeMom he drove crazy!!!
no problemo.

Quote:
Ewwww....but I'm glad it was ok....and sorry about the extra noise ....I sleep with a fan and that's one of the reasons I bring it even on trips....you ok sleeping with 'fan noise' in the background??
my sister used to sleep with a fan so no, that doesn't bother me at all!

Quote:
I miss Joe's....we had one in Cool Spgs but it's closed now
we have one about 30 minutes away but we hardly ever go there. don't know why.....we always end up at PF chang's!

Quote:
Really??!!?? Matt was excited that the man was taking on a 12 pack on the first night!!
well, all that beer was his and i think he bought more on tuesday. so it lasted him a couple of days!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TunaJr View Post
Oh! I'm crushed....now I have to wait longer for the disney part....it like now I only have 39 days before we checking in at SSR....it can't come soon enough...I looking forward to hear about what you guys thought of SSR the good and the bad......we're going back in October and staying at OKW for the first time....nothing like a ice cold miller lite on the balcony at WDW .......Life is good...
well, i'll go ahead and tell you since you leave in 39 days and i KNOW i won't be to my final thoughts by then! SPOILERS AHEAD!!! SSR was beautiful. the service was good and it was very clean. the one complaint i have is with the buses. it seems like we waited LOTS of them. getting to the parks from SSR wasn't bad. that part was a breeze. but it seems like when we were waiting on buses at the parks to come back to SSR, it took FOREVER. we waited for almost 40 minutes at epcot! other than that, the resort was AWESOME. we were in congress park and it was a 10-minute walk to DTD. we loved that! oh, and the one other wierd thing - our maid came on wednesday and she left new towels and emptied the trash, but she didn't change the sheets. i found that kinda odd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAHokie46 View Post
Great start Dawn, I've subscribed to this thread!

I'm still new to DisBoards and hoping to go sometime in 2009 for the first time since I was a little kid (and don't remember much at all) with the wife. I've been reading trip reports to hear all the stories, see all the pictures of the resorts, food, rides, and everything else. But I didn't realize how fun reading other peoples' trips and seeing their pictures was until I began reading them.

I've read your other trip reports and tons of other peoples' too! Excited to see what happens on this trip, keep it coming! Hope all is well since your return from WDW.
thanks for reading my TRs! you'll have so much fun as an adult at disney!!! you just have to know your stuff and know the "secrets" of the DIS and you'll have a blast.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-06-2008, 07:46 PM   #78
punkin413
feel the magic, dang it!

Quote:
LOL I just saw your the pic on the first page of your TR. Vandy and UT ... haha. U know I just changed my sig to add a little school spirit ... go jackets!!
Quote:
Hi AlienBrain,

Good to see fellow ATLiens. We have a lot in common...Georgia Tech. My husband's alma mater...Class of 1998 (BSEE).

Cas
Quote:
Nice ... I was class of 2006 BSNRE (Nuclear and Radiological Engineering) ... I am such a masochist that I decided to come back and get me PhD.

I hope you and your husband will be paying attention to Tech football this year with our new coach. I am excited for the season to start in a few months .
Quote:
I noticed that so I figured Dawn will like you b/c you are not a Dawgs fan

Now every time I see GT I'll just be thinking I'm glad I didn't go down for the SEC tourney this year like I usually do
Quote:
Congrats!!

Yes, we are ready for the season. Last year at the Tech vs. UGA game, we were cold and sad when we lost. We had talked trash with my cousins (all UGA grads). They were calling us while we were still in the stadium.

Sorry, Punkin Gyrl, didn't mean to hijack your thread with this "Ramblin" talk.

I am ready for the next update!!!!

P.S.

Punkin, you know my trip with Glendamax is coming up in four weeks. I will do another food report and Glendamax will do a TR. I hate that I won't get to see you at WDW in September since we are going to Disneyland!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by hlrababy View Post
Eek!! GT fans!! Just kidding!! I have a lot of friends who are Tech fans and I have a lot of family members who are dawg fans. I like to go the opposite direction......I am a Tennessee fan!! It makes family and friend get-togethers extra fun!!! I am about 30 minutes west of Atlanta,.
Quote:
We are thinking about having a big tailgate party at our house with all GT decorations and inviting our "UGA" family.
Are you in the Carrolton area? I am 5-10 mins from the airport!
Quote:
I live in Dallas, so probably about 45 minutes from Carrollton. I actually worked out there for about 3 years.
Quote:
Looking forward to October 25th when my Hoo's take on Ga Tech in Atlanta...sorry, but that's one home loss for you....just kidding.....I have a feeling it's going to be a long year for UVA.....anyway, nothing but respect for Georgia Tech, I can't say the same for UGA and there fan's......Peach Bowl a few years back.....

Good Luck this season except when playing the Wahoo's and take care of Virginia Tech......Also Go Dores!!!!!!!
Quote:

HEATHER......Ewwwwwwwww

GO DORES!!!!

YEAAAAA Tuna!! How are ya????
Quote:
LOL. Some UGA fans are rude.

I don't know if you have been seeing this or if it just because I am a current student, but VATech and GATech have been becoming more and more like sister schools over the past few years ... yet I don't have any explicit examples of why I (and others I have talked to) feel this way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aldisneygrl View Post
Glad to see all you ATLANTANS talkin' trash. I grew up in Atlanta, and was a Dawg fan growin' up. Now not so much. My son is now an AL fan, and his best friend is a TN fan, so that makes their friendship interesting during Football season. I grew up in Dunwoody, but lived in L'ville for 10 years before moving to AL. Hi Y'all!

Sorry for hijacking your thread Dawn, but you know this GA Peach had to chime in.
Quote:
Yes, I have......I think the events of April 16th changed things around here....and I have family and friends who went to and currently go to Va Tech...we have fun with the games and root hard for our teams...at the end of the day it's all good.....I'm glad they are in the ACC....

Oh! back to Dawn and her trip to the World!!!!
Quote:
C'mon Dawn, your TR is being hijacked and only you can set it straight again ... LOL

Sorry for the temporary highjacking that involved college sports and the great state of georgia.
Quote:
I know, but the sad thing is I usually cheer for whoever everyone else is playing against!! I like to make em mad!!!!!

Sorry for the hijack Dawn!!!
you guys can hijack my thread any time!!! it's just more bumps for me.
Old 05-06-2008, 07:58 PM   #79
hlrababy
Disney Princess ~Tinkerbell, sprinkle me with your pixie dust~ That castle is mine!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkin413 View Post
yes, we live 20 miles from athens and let me tell ya......it's no fun when you're not a bulldog fan. oh, except when they lose!!! i wouldn't call myself a tech fan but i definitely do cheer for them when they play UGA!!! and as erica told you, i'm a vandy girl. i grew up in the nashville area and was brought up in a vandy household and have held true to my upbringing. DH is a tennessee fan. go figure!

i've shown this to tunajr. and erica, but i wanted to share it with you, too. in fall 2006 when vandy beat UGA at their homecoming football game, i was THRILLED, as you can imagine. a couple weeks later i decided to be a "winner" for halloween!

i really had nothing against UGA until i moved to georgia and red, black and white got SHOVED into my face. it's considered sacreligious around here not to be a bulldog fan, especially where i live! and i'm not saying all bulldog fans are this way, but most of them are TERRIBLE losers and EVEN WORSE winners!

Dawn, that is such a cute picture!!!!
Old 05-06-2008, 09:00 PM   #80
TunaJr
Life's a Brick!

Quote:

GO DORES!!!!

YEAAAAA Tuna!! How are ya????

Hey! I'm doing great......I'm still in a little shock how Vandy's season ended in the first round of the tournament..........I know it's time to move on....

Anyway! is it true that my two favorite... Vandy women are going to WDW.... Life at Disney will never be the same.....

Have a great one.....now back to

Old 05-06-2008, 09:14 PM   #81
punkin413
feel the magic, dang it!

Day 1 - Sunday, April 27th

just a little note before i continue. this will be our first day of getting photopass pics taken. obviously i don't have my CD yet. so i'll add in any missed photopass pics when i get it and then i'll just include them in my TR from that point forward.

-----------------------------------------

when i last left you we were on our way to check in at SSR after our wonderful night at the hojo. we passed under those glorious "welcome to disney" arches and, yes, i'm ashamed to say i didn't take a picture. i was driving and ray was busy trying to get the right amount of sugar and cream into my coffee from the BK lounge! we arrived at SSR around 8:00. WE WERE HERE!!!!!!!

the guard at the entrance asked for ID and then looked on his little list, then gave us directions to the carriage house and said, "welcome home." SO COOL!!!

this place is GORGEOUS!!! the main area before you get to the carriage house (around the pool) looks like a little town or something. i'd definitely stay here again! i took LOTS of pics, but i want to save those for my tuesday morning installment since that's when i took them. i got up early that day and just strolled around the resort - just me and my camera.

anyway, we parked the car and went into the carriage house to check in. we got helped immediately and got our "welcome home" packet. the CM said that our room was ready. REALLY???? i asked if we got congress park and she said no, we got the carousel. she said that if we wanted to wait until later in the day, she could check on getting us a room at congress park instead. i opted to do that because i really wanted to be close to DTD and we were going to AK anyway. she told us to park in the congress park section and gave us a card to call later to check on our room number.

i took this picture of congress park when we parked. although this didn't end up being our building!

we grabbed the backpack and we were on our way to our first disney bus stop!!! it was only like 8:20 and i couldn't believe we could possibly make a rope drop on our first day! totally unexpected. well, i thought we'd make a rope drop. we ended up waiting about 20 minutes for an AK bus. oh, well! we got there just a few minutes after the park opened.

as soon as we got through the gates (and my heart did a little cartwheel! ) i went to the guest services area to the left and purchased my DDE card and picked up our P&PP tickets and we were on our way!!!!!!!!

we decided to head towards the safari first since we had never been on it in the early morning.

continued in next post......http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...9&postcount=82

Last edited by punkin413; 06-29-2008 at 08:09 PM.
Old 05-06-2008, 09:16 PM   #82
punkin413
feel the magic, dang it!

we got to the safari and there was already a 40-minute wait. so we grabbed fastpasses and headed towards the pangani forest trail.

i got better pictures of these guys last year......

i was so happy to see the okapis out and about. both times i've been here before they were hiding. they were so cool! they have these long creepy tongues and when they walk they resemble a giraffe....

next up was the timons.......the meerkats! i love watching these. they're so funny! these two were taking turns watching for enemies while the other one ate. at least that's what the all-knowing meerkat lady said.

next was my favorite - the gorillas. i could seriously stand here for hours and watch these beautiful creatures. i wonder if ray would buy me a gorilla???

ray got AWESOME video of this gorilla. he was just standing there like he is in the picture, looking at all the people looking back at him, probably thinking, "WHAT are you looking at?????? i'm just having a little breakfast. geez." then he finally turned around and walked away.

when we were finished our fastpasses still weren't ready, so we headed towards it's tough to be a bug. ray has never done it and i knew he would love it after i did it last september!

we passed a couple more wild animals on the way......

ray already started complaining about the amount of pictures i was taking. so i took a picture of him to shut him up.

i love this picture of the tree of life through the other trees!

we made it to ITTBAB and there was like a 5-minute wait. i love this poster!!

don't we look super cool in our bug glasses???

the show, of course, was a hit! ray loved it. we sat pretty close and it was WAY better than when i did it in september. i don't remember the smoke....maybe because we were sitting in the back last time. anway, i'm glad he got to do it because he really liked it!

after the show our fastpasses for the safari were almost ready, so we headed that way.

up next.......we ride the safari......OR DO WE???????

Last edited by punkin413; 05-07-2008 at 12:34 PM.
Old 05-06-2008, 09:34 PM   #83
VandyFan10
GoDoReS!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkin413 View Post
they have these long creepy tongues and when they walk they resemble a giraffe....

I think they said these were related to the Giraffe

Quote:
Just like mine.....this picture cracks me up!!!

Quote:
ray already started complaining about the amount of pictures i was taking. so i took a picture of him to shut him up.

I seriously think we ALL 4 need to take a vacation together

Quote:
don't we look super cool in our bug glasses???

SUPER COOL!!

Great update keep them coming!!
May, Oct 2011 - Off Property
May, Sept, Dec 2012 - Off Property
Jan 2013 - Polynesian!
March, Sept, Dec 2013 - Off Property
Jan 2014 - Animal Kingdom Villas
**I really think I'm missing one or two

The Vandy Girls are BACK!!
MY FIRST TR!!!!! Our Christmas Trip in PICTURES!!!! ~~Oh...and I'm obsessed with the Castle~~
Old 05-06-2008, 09:43 PM   #84
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

Dawn! I'm so glad you loved SSR! We're going to try BW in March, but I just keep thinking we should just stick with SSR.

Fun update at AK - I'll be anxious for more....you always have so much fun!
Old 05-06-2008, 10:11 PM   #85
MA pigletfan
DIS Veteran

I am so excited to see SSR...we drove around it on the bus on our way to DTD last trip and it seemed so pretty and HUGE!!
LOVE the ITTBAB glasses...stylin'
Old 05-06-2008, 11:08 PM   #86
scottny
You better have crackers
I heard of light reading, never wet reading
I still won't go in the ocean because of

great update and pics.

sounds like a great start to your 1st day.
Old 05-07-2008, 12:41 AM   #87
dwheatl
DIS Veteran
Can you tell I'm a dyed-in-the lime-green-wool DL fan?

Is that a hidden Mickey on Ray's ear?
WDW trips1985 Newlyweds offsite 1987 With MIL offsite 1993, 1997, 2002, 2006 WDW Dolphin 2012 - Art of Animation
Old 05-07-2008, 05:13 AM   #88
mkluvsmickey
DIS Veteran

Great start to your WDW trip!

SSR looks really pretty. Looking forward to the other pictures you took of the resort.

Love the AK pics from Pangani forest trail - we've never done that trail but the animals look so cool. Love the meerkats and gorillas!

By the way, I love your hair! The last report I read of yours it was much longer.
Old 05-07-2008, 05:45 AM   #89
Eventer98
DIS Veteran

Great update Dawn...glad you liked SSR! You can see why we got the timeshare...it's so peaceful there isn't it? Hope you get Congress Park..we got it by accident. I had requested The Grandstand b/c it was the newest and ended up with CP. Glad we did (views of DTD are awesome as I hope you now know!!) and I have it requested on our next two reservations. Can't wait for more!!

(me) (DH) (DS)(DD) (DD)
I miss you Chris 6/23/75-10/14/12
Old 05-07-2008, 06:26 AM   #90
LMO429
DIS Veteran

Great update dawn! love all the pics keep them coming

Animal kingdom looked kinda of crowded before the rope drop, I think you were at the tail end of our sprink break in nyc, maybe that was why EE was a 90 minute wait?

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: