Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-24-2008, 10:16 AM   #751
MA pigletfan
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the terrific update! i love your dress! i am looking forward to being able to rock a dress like that some day! lol!
That lady and the Tramp topiary is TOO CUTE!
Can't wait to hear AND SEE Narcoosees!
Old 06-24-2008, 11:12 AM   #752
disneyfav4ever
No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep on believing, the dream that you wish will come true.

I would love to go to Disney during the Flower and Garden festival, that's the one time of year I'd really like to visit that I haven't been able to fit a trip into yet. I love the toperaries (sp?) of the characters.

I can't wait to hear about Narcoossee's, I'm eating there for the first time this fall, so am excited to hear any review about it, especially ones with pictures, and I know you take pictures, so I'm looking foward to it.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-24-2008, 11:22 AM   #753
Marjol
DIS Veteran

So, did Ray like Epcot this time?
Visited Disneyland Anaheim: once (may '09)

Read all about my very first trip to WDW! May 5-18 2007
Our honeymoon trip to Orlando, april/may 2008!
Old 06-24-2008, 11:43 AM   #754
Lovemy3babes
Is always in need to get herself and her children back to our "Happy Place"!

Really, really pretty pictures in Epcot! Your dress is beautiful! I hope that that night changed Ray's opinion about Epcot in general.

Just me and my girl…a very special 13th Birthday trip!
(updated 2/20/14)
Old 06-24-2008, 02:19 PM   #755
my2boysrtwicethefun
DIS Veteran

Finally, I'm all caught up. Great updates. I loved all of the pictures.
*Sept 28th-Oct. 5th, 2012: Pop Century *Next trip: Sept 28-Oct 6, 2014

Old 06-24-2008, 03:33 PM   #756
DisneyJo
TGJ
Lost another competition
It's absolute bliss

It sounds as though Ray liked Epcot

I really need to go at that time of year as all the topiarys and flowers are just beautiful
Old 06-24-2008, 08:33 PM   #757
punkin413
feel the magic, dang it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlrababy View Post
Aww, great update Dawn!! You and Ray look so cute all dressed up!! You look adorable in your dress!!! It is so cute!!
thanks! got that dress at marshall's for $30!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottny View Post
great update and pics

the pics are gorgeous.

you are both so strong holding up that spaceship.

great update, look forward to hearing about dinner.
thanks! yeah.....i've been working on my shoulders and biceps a lot lately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwg1969 View Post
Yeah! I checked your TR before bed and there was an update!

I missed the candy lady in Japan. I guess we weren't there at the right time. That area in France was great for the F&G festival. We spent some time there at night enjoying some pastries! They were sooo good.

I saw your comment about being away from family at Christmas. A few years back I went on a cruise with a friend the week of Christmas. Not to take anything away from my family, I love them very much -- but that was a GREAT Christmas! I'm glad you will get to see your family at Thanksgiving.

I'm happy Ray decided to give Epcot another try. I really enjoy the WS -- there just aren't many places that have such varied architecture. I love just walking around. We stayed there late on an EMH day and when we were leaving we were some of the last people in WS. So pretty and peaceful at night.

Hope all is going well. Can't wait for more updates!
i can't wait to go there at night when i go back in september! and i want one of those "things" from france in my back yard! it was so neat and relaxing to just sit back and enjoy ourselves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by End_User-X View Post
I'm really liking this TR. Especially the photography. I probably took about a million photos my last trip. Ok, maybe more like a thousand . I noticed in your last TR (last anniversary?) that Ray's first name is William. That's my late grandpa's name! William Ray. I thought that was cool. If you get ADRs at restaurant Marrakesh in Sept. or Dec. try the Baklava and Moroccan coffee if you get a chance!
yep, that was our 5-year anniversary (my other TR you're referring to). how funny that your grandpa was named william ray! some of ray's friends call him willie! it's just a little joke. most people call him ray-ray.

we're not eating at marrakesh in september or december, but i do plan on doing a CS for dinner there in december and i'm thinking i want to try the tangerine cafe. can you get the morrocan coffee there? i know you can get the baklava. i've had the pistachio baklava and it was very yummy!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by winkers View Post
Looks like you had a nice stroll around the world. I like the pictures of you "holding" spaceship earth.

Dawn, that dress is so pretty! I always feel so sloppy walking into the nice restraunts there in my capri's and drenched in sweat.
thanks! well, i knew we were just walking around WS for a little while and then going to dinner at narcoosee's, so not riding anything. and it was almost 6:00 by the time we got to WS, so i knew the hottest part of the day was over. i'd never dress up otherwise!

Quote:
Originally Posted by timandlesley View Post
Great update, you look so pretty all dressed up. That drink looks super yummy. Pretty Epcot pics, don't you just love that place!!! Love the "holding the ball" pics, we attempted those this year, yours look great. Jealous you got to meet the Genie, we kept missing him!
Can't wait to read more!!!
Lesley
thanks! can't wait to see your SE trick shots! i bet they're funny with the kids. oh, i didn't meet genie that night. we didn't want to wait in lines......just walk around WS for a little bit. i met him last year at MK though and he gave me a kiss!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICFOR2 View Post
What a fun, romantic evening you had - Ray's a smart guy! That Grand Marnier slushie looks good - maybe I'll try that one next time instead of the grey goose.

How long does it take to walk through the IG from BW?
both the slushies are good......you can't go wrong. just depends on your mood!

the walk isn't long. i'm thinking like 10 minutes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by micandminforever View Post
I am glad to read EPCOT was more enjoyable, and peaceful the second time around.

Loved the dress.
yeah, definitely. we didn't encounter any psycho parents this time!

thanks about the dress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aristomommy View Post
I just started reading your TR and I just love it. Your Epcot pictures are great, can't wait to read more.
thanks for joining us! glad to have you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwwi View Post
I just love your dress, perfect for your walk around the WS. I still have never seen the candy lady, maybe next trip.

To answer your question re parking at WL and taking the boat to MK. Just let them know that you are going to be eating at WL, or stopping for drinks usually works too. Shouldn't be a problem, although I have not stayed off site in years, so not sure if my resort parking pass helps.
thanks! i got it for like $30 at marshall's!

thanks for answering the parking question. i'm hoping that will work. it would be really cool to end our vacation seeing the WL all decorated for christmas at night on the way back to the car after MVMCP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LISAMWDW View Post
Great update! Adorable dress! Looks like you had a relaxing visit! Great photos!

Well? What did Ray think about Epcot this time? He likee?
thanks! yep, i think ray actually enjoyed himself somewhat this time! i was just as floored as you guys are!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by twob4him View Post
Wha hoooo another great update with lots of pics!!! How sweet that you went to WS! A wonderful way to begin the evening!
thanks! i loved that night - so relaxing and fun! i can't wait to do it again some day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieAngel View Post
Ray looks like he's using the drink as a microphone!

So did he like Epcot?

Another great chapter! Can't wait to hear about your nice dinner!
that's so funny about the microphone.....and true!!!

i think he actually did enjoy himself at epcot this time! even though we were only there for a little while, it was still great to walk around and take in the sights!
Old 06-24-2008, 08:43 PM   #758
hlrababy
Disney Princess ~Tinkerbell, sprinkle me with your pixie dust~ That castle is mine!!

Are you serious!!! I never find good deals like that!
Old 06-24-2008, 08:53 PM   #759
punkin413
feel the magic, dang it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FauntleroyFAN07 View Post
i love seeing pics of ther other areas at the countries, we never take time to see them, i want to do that this year.
erica and i are determined to take our time in WS in september because our DH's never want to take their time there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Awww, you and Ray look so spiffy all dressed up for dinner! Love the dress!!!

Those pics of you guys holding up SSE are too funny!
thanks! it was so nice out that evening.....why can't we rewind and relive stuff like that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyLaura View Post
Cute picture, love the dress. I remember way back when you took a picture of your clothes hanging up and seeing that dress.
thanks! yeah, i got a great deal on that dress! the great part is that i can throw a cardigan on over it and wear it to work.

Quote:
that's looks really good, is it a strong taste or more orangey? Is that even a word?
if it's not a word, it should be! it's not too terribly strong. i mean, you do taste the alcohol. but it's not overpowering. REALLY GOOD!

Quote:
I think Ray should definately buy or build you ones of these.
i agree.

Quote:
Fun to wiggle their little feet

Quote:
Great pictures. I love the Snow White and The 7 dwarfs topiary. Can't wait for dinner
thanks! yeah, that was an awesome topiary! it was hard to get a picture of the whole thing without someone jumping in front of you though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aldisneygrl View Post
Ok, now I LOVE that!!! That is my favorite movie!!

Ray looked like he was enjoying himself in Epcot!
i love that movie, too!!! it's in my top 5.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatGarcia View Post
So Ray was enjoying Epcot, at least it looks that way! I can't wait to get a grand mariner slushie, i love those!
yeah, i think he enjoyed himself that night! i love those grand marnier slushies, but i think i'm gonna try that pink sparkling vodka they have now. looks sooooooo good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MA pigletfan View Post
Thanks for the terrific update! i love your dress! i am looking forward to being able to rock a dress like that some day! lol!
That lady and the Tramp topiary is TOO CUTE!
Can't wait to hear AND SEE Narcoosees!
thanks!!! you SO can rock that dress now. it's great because it hides my problem areas (read: hips/thighs!) and it's not tight in the tummy so i could pig out at narcoosee's!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfav4ever View Post
I would love to go to Disney during the Flower and Garden festival, that's the one time of year I'd really like to visit that I haven't been able to fit a trip into yet. I love the toperaries (sp?) of the characters.

I can't wait to hear about Narcoossee's, I'm eating there for the first time this fall, so am excited to hear any review about it, especially ones with pictures, and I know you take pictures, so I'm looking foward to it.
oh, i loooooove me some narcoosee's! that and kona cafe are my two favorites (so far at least). and definitely try to go in april/may some day. just be sure to avoid spring break crowds. the crowds this year were good after the first 2 days. last year we went may 6 - 10 and didn't experience ANY crowds!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marjol View Post
So, did Ray like Epcot this time?
i think he actually did!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovemy3babes View Post
Really, really pretty pictures in Epcot! Your dress is beautiful! I hope that that night changed Ray's opinion about Epcot in general.
thank you! well, epcot's not his favorite park or anything, but he doesn't LOATHE it now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by my2boysrtwicethefun View Post
Finally, I'm all caught up. Great updates. I loved all of the pictures.
thanks! glad you're caught up. it's so hard to keep up with all the TRs sometimes for me......so i understand!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyJo View Post
It sounds as though Ray liked Epcot

I really need to go at that time of year as all the topiarys and flowers are just beautiful
can you believe it!???!!!??? i'm glad though. now i don't feel like i'm torturing him when i mention it!

oh, that time of year is really nice crowdwise and with the weather, as well! just great! you should definitely look into it.
Old 06-24-2008, 08:54 PM   #760
punkin413
feel the magic, dang it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlrababy View Post
Are you serious!!! I never find good deals like that!
yep! i'm so thrifty (another word for cheap!). i love me some marshall's or nordstrom rack!
Old 06-24-2008, 08:57 PM   #761
VandyFan10
GoDoReS!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkin413 View Post
did you even know that you could still buy monchichi's???

Quote:
wow.......those shoulder exercises are really working!!!

What a great pic! That dress is SO cute!!

We are definitely going to have to get one of those slushes on our trip!!
May, Oct 2011 - Off Property
May, Sept, Dec 2012 - Off Property
Jan 2013 - Polynesian!
March, Sept, Dec 2013 - Off Property
Jan 2014 - Animal Kingdom Villas
**I really think I'm missing one or two

The Vandy Girls are BACK!!
MY FIRST TR!!!!! Our Christmas Trip in PICTURES!!!! ~~Oh...and I'm obsessed with the Castle~~
Old 06-24-2008, 09:02 PM   #762
Lifelong_Dreamer
DIS Veteran

Great update, can't believe Ray suggested Epcot!

I laughed at your monchichi comment. There is a store up here that sells them, I didn't realize they were rare until people started commenting on them in trip reports.
Old 06-24-2008, 09:07 PM   #763
punkin413
feel the magic, dang it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VandyFan10 View Post
What a great pic! That dress is SO cute!!
thanks! $30 at marshall's, baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VandyFan10 View Post
We are definitely going to have to get one of those slushes on our trip!!
only one??????? um......i plan to get much more than one, just FYI.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifelong_Dreamer View Post
Great update, can't believe Ray suggested Epcot!

I laughed at your monchichi comment. There is a store up here that sells them, I didn't realize they were rare until people started commenting on them in trip reports.
thanks! i know...i was in shock for a little while, too!

the last time i saw a monchichi before going to epcot this year was when i was like 7 years old! they may be around and i just don't notice them or something.
Old 06-25-2008, 02:28 AM   #764
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
there were so many cool things in this store! i loved the dinner ware and the tea sets and things! i didn't think to take a picture........sorry memom!!! i know how you love your shopping pics!

we also went into the tin toy museum or whatever it is. ray LOVED this too! he made me take TONS of pictures from in there to show his nephew. here's one of them.....

ray's got the whole......um......spaceship earth.....in his hands!

and this roof is just unbelievable.

a very cute lady and the tramp topiary we passed somewhere along the way out of the park.....

[/SIZE][/COLOR]
Don't you know that lady underneath SSE is hoping Ray's not going to drop it on her head?!?!

I have that roof picture, too. It is beautiful and just so massive when you are standing underneath it.
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
Old 06-25-2008, 02:28 AM   #765
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
there were so many cool things in this store! i loved the dinner ware and the tea sets and things! i didn't think to take a picture........sorry memom!!! i know how you love your shopping pics!

we also went into the tin toy museum or whatever it is. ray LOVED this too! he made me take TONS of pictures from in there to show his nephew. here's one of them.....

ray's got the whole......um......spaceship earth.....in his hands!

and this roof is just unbelievable.

a very cute lady and the tramp topiary we passed somewhere along the way out of the park.....

[/SIZE][/COLOR]
Don't you know that lady underneath SSE is hoping Ray's not going to drop it on her head?!?!

I have that roof picture, too. It is beautiful and just so massive when you are standing underneath it.

The Lady and the Tramp topiaries are very cute!

I don't know why this went through twice. Oh, never mind, yes I do. I remember the computer doing something weird as I was writing that last sentence. Okay, that's kind of weird, so sorry for the (kind of) double post.
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.

Last edited by MeMom; 06-25-2008 at 07:27 AM. Reason: to apologize on behalf of the weird computer glitch

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: