Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-03-2008, 11:57 PM   #1501
punkin413
feel the magic, dang it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
What's with the pregnancy talk?
oh, girlie, you are so behind! ray is just full of surprises. neither ray nor i wanted kids when we got married. not that we didn't love kids - just didn't see the good in bringing another person into this insane world. but that has slowly changed over the years for both of us. this past march we're sitting there talking about maybe adding me to his insurance plan because the insurance i pay out of pocket for (i'm self employed) doesn't have maternity coverage. so he goes, "well, if we add you to my plan, when do you want to start trying?"

excuse me? what? i don't think i heard you right.

but that's really what he said. we talked about it and we both agree that the positives of procreating are starting to outweigh the negatives and we think we'd be good parents. so we have decided to start trying once i get appointed to my own judge, which should be by the end of 2009. so that's what all that talk is about! don't get too excited - it's still a long way off! we haven't told our parents yet because if we do they'd ask us every time we see them, "so are you pregnant yet????" i just can't deal with that all the time. but i figure it couldn't hurt telling thousands on the internet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
It's beautiful -- restored and one of the special features is a song that the Cheshire Cat sings called, "I'm Odd." You can just imagine what that's like!
oh, i gotta get it now! a new song to look forward to!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFairy66 View Post
I missed alot of your TR, I was on vacation in Naples. But im all caught up YAY! I love your countdown it is sooo cute, I need to make one for my sept trip. Your doggies are the cutest things...Im sad your TR is coming to an end but you better do one for your Sept Trip lol, I will subscribe for sure.
oh, we will do a TR for sure. we're not doing an official pre-TR other than just posting updates here and there throughout this one. hope you had fun in naples!!!! sounds like a great place to vacation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArielSRL View Post
I didn't know you didn't know! If I had known, I would have told you. I knew b/c they went up around this time last year, so I bought my AP and Mom bought her ticket the day before the increase. Also, they mentioned it on the EarstoEars group I belong to. Ughhhh. I though for sure someone had mentioned it on the Dis. Good thing about Mapleleaftickets though.

Oh and thanks for the info on the Melatonin. I got some at Wal-Mart today. Of course they had 3mg and 5mg and I wasn't sure so I asked the pharmacist and he said 3mg is all I need. He saidit is great stuff and "no hangover" like other sleep meds.
it was on the news updates on the main page of the disboards, but i generally don't go to that page unless i'm logging in and that only happens when i shut down my computer, which is only when i have to take it to work with me. so i haven't shut it down since friday afternoon. it must've been updated since then. and i generally don't look at other threads other than the ones i'm subbed to.....just don't have time! i bought tickets this time last year, too, but for some reason i thought it was early september instead of early august. duh! hope the melatonin works for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwheatl View Post
I just got caught up on a bunch of pages, since I'm still on my trip (we're in Gettysburg now). Loved your video of rope drop, especially since I will probably never make it to that. the time change is just too hard to adjust to. And although I love everything Disney, some of that stuff gets a little too corny for me. Last time we were in MK, there were singers "walking right down the middle of Main Street USA" and I thought, "Well move, because some of us are trying to get to Space Mountain!"
Love the picture of Ray with the "baby." And I saw the info about Princess Di. Thanks for "yelling" out to me on the peeps page. I'm behind there too.
that is so funny about the singers! i enjoy anything like that but it can get kinda corny sometimes. we're going to see hoop de doo review this trip and i hear it's really corny, but if you know that going in you'll have a great time. i'm excited about it!
Old 08-04-2008, 09:42 AM   #1502
FauntleroyFAN07
Commander of Donalds Crew Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy

Location: Indiana, but still Bears, Cubs, and Bulls Country...Go Bulls

very cool looking count down calendar, i am going to make one when our trip gets closer for december, i think parker will be old enough to pull them off.

i might steal a few of your ideas, hope you dont get mad.

Brand Spanking NEW Art of Animation TR new 11-7

82-01 12 trips w/ parents FW~'06 Sept CBR 8 Nights(HoneyMoon)~'07 Sept AS Sports 9 Nights 1 Year Anv~~'08 6 night Christmas Trip to CSR~~'10 FW 12 nights~~'12 AoA 12 nights
Blessed by the Best
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-04-2008, 10:35 AM   #1503
punkin413
feel the magic, dang it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FauntleroyFAN07 View Post
very cool looking count down calendar, i am going to make one when our trip gets closer for december, i think parker will be old enough to pull them off.

i might steal a few of your ideas, hope you dont get mad.
oh, you're welcome to steal ideas! no problem. by the way, instead of spending loads of money on stickers (if you use them on your countdown) i just go to the dollar store and buy them. they're cheap there and they're just as good!
Old 08-04-2008, 11:02 AM   #1504
punkin413
feel the magic, dang it!

when i left you i was on cloud nine after riding the teacups with alice and her friend the mad hatter. it was around 9:45 at this point so we decided since we were right there to head over to toon town for rope drop. on the way over ray was trying to convince me to meet the princesses. i'm not much of a princess kinda girl.....i like the villians better! but i wouldn't mind meeting belle again since she is my favorite princess. he kept telling me that we'd never been to toon town this early and that the line for the princesses was always SO LONG, so i might as well do it now while i had the chance to jump in a short princess line, something that you rarely ever see! so i decided i'd go ahead and do it and hope that belle was there!

while we were waiting for rope drop i heard my cell phone ring and it was anna. they had gotten to SSR and were on the way to the room. yay!!!!

not long after we got there here come pluto and donald.....

there really was no ceremony. they just sort of walked up and waved to everyone, then a CM dropped the rope and everyone walked in with them.

i really wanted to get a picture of donald from behind because i love how he waddles and shakes his little feather when he walks!

he's so cute!!!!!

ray videoed the whole thing. at one point you'll hear ray say, "17". that's because we were still keeping count of disney meltdowns and you can hear a kid screaming nearby. i think when we left (the next day) our count was at 21. you can also hear me going on about how cute donald is! right at the end of the video you see a little boy come run up in front of donald and scream at him, "donald, i saw you last night!!!!" it was so funny!

we made our way to the princess line and were in within 5 minutes. i think we were like the 3rd people in line. when they let us in the room i was very happy to see belle in her yellow dress. there was also cinderella and sleeping beauty.

i thought this little girl was so cute with cinderella....

as i watched the little girls in front of me meet the princesses i noticed how sweet they were with them. most of them would go up to them and hug them and put their head on their chest. i looked at ray and said, "do you think i'd get thrown out of disney world if i nuzzled my head into belle's chest???" okay.....i know disney world brings out the kid in all of us but that may be a little extreme!

first i met princess aurora a/k/a sleeping beauty a/k/a briar rose. with all those names, maybe she's a schizo???

i don't remember what we said to each other but i do remember thinking that i really wanted to tell her how awesome i think maleficent is. i didn't though because i didn't want to offend her!

next was cinderella. she was really sweet. she said she loved my tinker bell necklace and asked me if my fairy godmother gave it to me. i told her that i had actually met her fairy godmother a couple of days ago and then i told her that i also had seen her stepmother and stepsisters that day. she got a horrible look on her face and asked if they were nice to me. i told her that i didn't talk to them but that her stepmother wasn't very nice to the little girls she was with. she said she'd have to talk to her about that, but she doubted it would do any good.

next was belle, and this belle was BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!! she was the prettiest belle i've ever seen, even from all the pictures i've looked at on the disboards.

as i handed her my autograph book i told her she was my favorite princess and she said, "that's because we're so alike. we could be sisters, you know. i've always wanted a sister." yeah, right. i wish!

she looked at ray and said, "you know, you're going to have a hard time keeping gaston away from your beautiful princess today, so be careful! he's just a dreadful man!" this belle was so awesome! she just kept talking about all kinds of things, like how she and the beast danced and asked me if my prince ever danced with me and how the beast was bad at it at first but now he's pretty good. she was just really cool!

this is one of my favorite pictures from the trip....

continued in next post: http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...postcount=1505

Last edited by punkin413; 08-04-2008 at 11:11 AM.
Old 08-04-2008, 11:03 AM   #1505
punkin413
feel the magic, dang it!

i was glad ray had convinced me to meet the princesses. they were all very nice and that belle was just the best!

we poked around the gift shop for awhile after that. i thought ray looked so handsome in this hat!

after that we caught the train back to main street. we didn't really have anything in particular in mind for that morning.....just to enjoy our last moments alone in magic kingdom together! we were coming back tonight for the pirate and princess party but we'd be with anna, chris and luke.

here's what the crowd looked like as we pulled up to main street. this was taken at 10:17, so not too bad!

we headed up main street and just sort of followed our noses. here's ray taking it all in.....

we decided to head towards adventureland to see what was happening there. we stopped in front of crystal place on the way to get some photopass pictures....

i can't decide which one i like best!

i visited with tinker bell again.....

MEANWHILE, BACK AT SSR......

of course anna is the picture queen (even moreso than me) so she took lots of pictures and i have her permission to use them here. so i figured i'd update on what they were doing while i was meeting princesses and we were strolling along main street.

she said they had no problem getting our room key from the from desk. i had dropped it off the night before and told them she'd be picking it up. she said when they walked in the room luke paused and looked at her and said, "i smell dawn!!!" i'm guessing my perfume was still lingering in the room. either that or i stink!

anyway, they got their bathing suits on and headed for the main pool.....

looks like so much fun!!!!!! i wish i could've spent some time there, but i had loads of fun nonetheless. i'll have more of their pool pics later.

up next........

Last edited by punkin413; 08-04-2008 at 11:18 AM.
Old 08-04-2008, 11:03 AM   #1506
FauntleroyFAN07

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkin413 View Post
oh, you're welcome to steal ideas! no problem. by the way, instead of spending loads of money on stickers (if you use them on your countdown) i just go to the dollar store and buy them. they're cheap there and they're just as good!
that sounds like a good idea, i will do that...thanks.

82-01 12 trips w/ parents FW~'06 Sept CBR 8 Nights(HoneyMoon)~'07 Sept AS Sports 9 Nights 1 Year Anv~~'08 6 night Christmas Trip to CSR~~'10 FW 12 nights~~'12 AoA 12 nights
Blessed by the Best
Old 08-04-2008, 11:10 AM   #1507
FauntleroyFAN07

hey i am first and second....great update, very nice princess pics...that was the same cinderella that we had last year.

the pool does look like a blast i hope we get to use ours this year when we go.

Blessed by the Best
Old 08-04-2008, 11:13 AM   #1508
KatGarcia
Just Keep Swimming.

I love the up next teaser pics!

My Disney Princess, Lily

Mission:Visit Disney Once a Month for a Year. A Florida Newbie's Tales.

Trips: Nov 09~POFQ {as a CM!}*Nov 08~ASMu*Aug 08~Pop (1st Solo Trip) & POR*Jan '08~ASMusic Suite/BWV*
Oct 07~CBR {F&W/MNSSHP}*June '07~Disneyland*Dec '06/Jan '07~Pop/CSR*Feb '05~POFQ*June 1996*Several trips as a kid*

Old 08-04-2008, 11:17 AM   #1509
disneyfav4ever
No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep on believing, the dream that you wish will come true.

I love meeting the princesses, they are also so nice. I really like Malificent too though, and you're right, I doubt Aurora would like to be told how awesome she is, LOL.

I can't wait to hear about the Pirate and Princess Party, that is one of my favorite events.
Old 08-04-2008, 11:27 AM   #1510
KristinAnne
DIS Veteran

Great update! I like the picture of you two in front of the castle that is in color. I wish I had been able to meet Belle. I saw her and the Beast in Epcot, but they left as soon as we got there. Just an excuse to go back! I am working on convincing DH we need to go in December 2009...he keeps asking me to plant the money tree! Hahaha

Old 08-04-2008, 11:41 AM   #1511
hlrababy
Disney Princess ~Tinkerbell, sprinkle me with your pixie dust~ That castle is mine!!

Great update!

We had that same Belle last November and she was just beautiful!!!
Old 08-04-2008, 11:52 AM   #1512
Eventer98
DIS Veteran

I always thought it would be weird to meet the face characters but I guess not huh? We are doing CRT and Akershus for breakfast in Dec so I won't have a choice!

(me) (DH) (DS)(DD) (DD)
I miss you Chris 6/23/75-10/14/12
Old 08-04-2008, 12:26 PM   #1513
troobabiee7
The core of man's spirit comes from new experiences

Great update! The princess pictures are so cute. I haven't been back there since our first trip in '92 so I'd love to check it out next time. And I really like the pictures in front of the castle... they're both gorgeous!

Looks like Luke's already having a great time!
Old 08-04-2008, 12:34 PM   #1514
BrooklynnsMommy
DIS Veteran

Hey Dawn and Erica! I can't believe you guys have less than a month to go! I'll be living through you guys until John, Brooklynn, and I leave in October for my birthday.
Old 08-04-2008, 01:01 PM   #1515
Camster0307
DIS Veteran

Belle is right - you two could be sisters!

We love meeting the princesses too - of course, I have 2 daughters; but we love how they totally stay in character and really have conversations with you! My kids would be so mesmerized by them!

And, I like the color photo of you and Ray best too!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: