Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-01-2008, 03:28 PM   #106
BabyFavorite
Mouseketeer

Love your trip report!!! We're going on our first cruise on the Magic in August, we're from California, and our kids are an 8yo girl & 12yo boy, too!

Susan, mom to Chad (12.5) and Erin (9)
BabyFavorite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 04:15 PM   #107
CruisinEars
Engaged at WDW 8/23/95!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamcometrue View Post
I will have my next installment up soon.

CruisinEars, my last installment was St. Thomas. We didn't actually spend a lot of time ON St. Thomas, since our excursion took us to Tortola, but St. Thomas was beautiful!! I could definitely see us spending a week or vacation there. Between St. Maarten and St. Thomas, St. Thomas was by far the more beautiful island!
Sorry, should have made myself more clear. I had to stop reading at your st. thomas day because I had to go to bed. I just finished reading and it sounds wonderful. I actually want to go to Tortola, but the only excursion is the dolphins. My dh balked at the cost though.

Number of Trips:
WDW=7
DL=7
DCL=1
CruisinEars is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-08-2008, 12:43 AM   #108
dreamcometrue
Laughed on her wedding night
I was so excited that I could not sleep

Day 6... Day at Sea and character breakfast.

I didn't do my daily coffee run and walk this morning, I slept in till about 7:15. I was so exhausted. We had to be in Parrot Cay at 8:15 for Mickey's Island Jam. It was a bit disappointing that the characters didn't come to the table and just danced with all the kids but the kids had fun. I do think that this is more for the younger crowd, my kids aren't the "get up and dance" type, but our table was right by the aisle so we had a great view of everything going on without having to participate.

Here are a few pictures of Mickey's Island Jam. I quite enjoyed Luke dancing around in front of us, thank you very much!!

After breakfast, we headed up to deck 9. Kaylee had a hair braiding appointment at 10am. They really hurt going in, and she cried. She kept asking me every 2 seconds how many there were and how much longer to go! The girl putting them in worked really fast and it only took about 15 minutes for a half head of corn rows. I think Kaylee got 10 or 11 rows.

We just hung out at the goofy pool. Josh and DH watched Cars on the Dumbotron and I took Kaylee went down to change into her bathing suit so she could swim.

kids got a virgin pina colada

At noon, I went to the stateroom to get a lithograph for captain Tom to sign. There was a Captain signing in the Treasure Ketch. I got there early so I was only the 4th or 5th in line. DH stayed up at the pool with the kids. After I got back we had lunch at Topsider. They had a great seafood buffet today with a nice Sushi bar!! My dream come true!

I wanted to include this picture too, I think it's one of my favorites that I took. It just seems like the ship is neverending, doesn't it?

After lunch, Kaylee was a bit tired so we went back to the cabin and I started to pack a little. Stuff I knew we didn't need anymore. Kaylee ended up not going to sleep after all, but watched a movie on TV. Around 3, Kaylee went to the lab and Josh to Ocean Quest. Today was the kids club graduation. DH and I did some more packing while they were there, then went down to the Walt Disney theater. There was still bingo going on, so we shopped around for a while before going in. The kids club graduation
was pretty short but nicely done. The kids got a graduation hat with Mickey ears and a t-shirt.

Here's a little clip of the graduation: (click to play)

We went to dinner right after it was over and we checked the kids out of the lab. Today was semi formal night and we were in Animator's Palate. I had a shrimp appetizer, wild mushroom soup, lobster tail (I had 2 actually. I told Dobi how much I liked lobster and she just brought 2 out for me, on one plate!), and a chocolate lava cake for dessert. As always, everything was absolutely delicous.

After dinner we stood in line for Mickey in the Atrium and then went to the show. Today was Disney Dreams, and we absolutely loved it. I really can't decide which one out of Golden Mickey's, Twice Charmed and Disney Dreams I like best, they are all so good! As always, we were really tired after dinner. I took the kids to the gift store and they picked out 2 DCL pins each and then we headed to the room. They fell asleep pretty quickly again. The dessert buffet was also tonight, starting at 11pm, but we never made it up there. I had every good intention, but was just too tired!

Tonight's towel animal was a stingray!

Tomorrow... Castaway Cay!!

dreamcometrue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 08:40 AM   #109
poffles
Dreamin' Disney

Oh I so want to be there! I love the "never ending" picture of the ship too, the overall blue color of the picture is also pleasing to the eye.

Looking forward to Castaway Cay!
Old 06-08-2008, 08:57 AM   #110
wilma-bride
Would love a diet on Cadbury Flakes
Admits she's strange when it comes to eggs

DISboards Moderator

I am absolutely loving your trip report. I dream of being able to do a 7-day cruise but, for now, I'll make do with the 3 day and live vicariously through other people's reports

Your kids look like they're having a blast.
wilma-bride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 07:13 AM   #111
zerog
DIS Veteran

Welcome back Kay. I thought you were never going to finish your TR. Who am I to talk since I didn't even post a report.

As always, reading your TR takes me right back to the cruise. You took great pictures and your write-ups are very interesting.

I took my DS to the desert bar at 11pm (DW and DD were too tired). They had a nice set up on the table followed by 2 chocolate fountains. I didn't really care much for the table deserts but the stuff dipped in chocolate (fondue style) was great. The only problem this nite was that people were lined up on both sides of the desert table and then merged into one line for the chocolate fountain. There were no clear lines where this happened and we were on the wrong side. Somehow we managed to merge in and get desert. Always the messy one, my DS managed to get melted chocolate on everything.

Can't wait to read your report on CC.

Premier - Big Red Boat, 1991
Carnival - Fantasy, 1995
DCL - Wonder 3-nite, May 2007
DCL - Magic 7-nite Eastern, April 2008
DCL - Magic 7-nite Western, May 2009
DCL - Wonder 4-nite, Nov. 2010
RCCL - Enchantment of the Seas, July 2013
RCCL - Enchantment of the Seas, Oct 2013 (Furlough getaway)
DCL - Dream 4-nite, Nov. 2013 (Thanksgiving)
Carnival - Breeze 6-day, Dec. 2013 (New Years)
zerog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 03:51 PM   #112
Suzanne Place
Earning My Ears

aww brilliant...Your trip report is really good, and we got to grab another picture with our kids in....on your graduation pictures our baby girl was on the front row near Mickey...she has ginger curly hair with a crown (that she made!! - not a graduation hat - she obviously wanted to be a princess) and on the video clip we can see both Ben & Millie...im with everyone else - your trip report is absolutly fabulous and really takes you back as your pictures are really good!!...thanks Suzanne..
Suzanne Place is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 09:30 PM   #113
goofygal1975
DIS Veteran

Quote:
it was Dolphin Discovery. It's an excursion we booked through DCL. You can probably get it cheaper booking with them directly, but I am not sure how it would work since when we were there, there were only people from our cruise. They put us in several groups. We were in group A and did the dolphins first, then lunch at the facility, then the island tour. Not excactly sure how many groups there were, I know there was a group B but don't know beyond that. All I know is when we ate lunch, group B was in the water with the dolphins, and we only ever saw people from Disney so I am not sure what the time schedule would be like if you booked through them directly. This was our first cruise and we just felt better booking our excursions though DCL directly!
Thanks for all the info!!! And pictures of Tortola. I'd also feel better doing the excursion with Disney!!!
5/23/09 Magic Tortola

New Member 1/21/09
goofygal1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 07:08 AM   #114
chepic
I tear up whenever I hear "Welcome Home." Some people say I have "issues."

Great report, helps me to remember our trip not so long ago. Great pictures too; nothing better than a TR with super pictures.

cheryl
Old 06-22-2008, 10:16 AM   #115
Goanyerself
Earning My Ears

This is a shameless bump to see if we can get that Castaway Cay report. I have been lurking for months and finally joined and have been loving this report.
Old 06-23-2008, 02:09 AM   #116
dreamcometrue
Laughed on her wedding night
I was so excited that I could not sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goanyerself View Post
This is a shameless bump to see if we can get that Castaway Cay report. I have been lurking for months and finally joined and have been loving this report.
sorry everyone! I promise Castaway Cay is coming! I finished work, it was crazy these past few weeks with end of the year stuff (I work in an elementary school office). Now I am off until August and have lots of time on my hands!

dreamcometrue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 06:12 PM   #117
Disney Brat
DIS Veteran

I followed you from the randomites board!! Great TR! It is my dream to do a Disney Cruise at some point too!! Looks so amazing!!
March 2010 DLR
Disney Brat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 08:07 AM   #118
kvaday
Mouseketeer

I am loving your TR!!!! We will be on our first disney cruise for halloween this year! Your kids sound like mine. No matter where we go they always want to swim. I'm sure we will be spending a lot of time at the pools.

After reading your TR I cant wait for ours! i am so excited now! your pictures are great, you have such a beautiful family!

Cant wait to read the rest!

kvaday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 04:29 PM   #119
disneyfav4ever
No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep on believing, the dream that you wish will come true.

Quote:
Got boarding pass 3 and PLAPLAP dining roation, which is what I really hoped for since it will put us in Lumieres for formal and Parrot Cay for Pirates night!!!
That's the rotation I want too, for the same reasons.
disneyfav4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 06:53 PM   #120
Disney Brat
DIS Veteran

We need more!!!
March 2010 DLR
Disney Brat is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: