Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-14-2008, 06:28 PM   #76
vriecke
Earning My Ears

Great Trip Report!

Thanks so much for posting your trip report. It's like being on the cruise all over again! We enjoyed meeting everyone, and had a really great time. We drove back to New Orleans (again with a van full of luggage), and got home on Sunday evening. Every day I say, "Two weeks ago today we were doing this, and this....." Post-cruise depression I guess.

Ginny
vriecke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 02:29 PM   #77
philatiger
Just Goofin Around......

Quote:
Originally Posted by vriecke View Post
Thanks so much for posting your trip report. It's like being on the cruise all over again! We enjoyed meeting everyone, and had a really great time. We drove back to New Orleans (again with a van full of luggage), and got home on Sunday evening. Every day I say, "Two weeks ago today we were doing this, and this....." Post-cruise depression I guess.

Ginny
3 weeks later just like you, I am still doing the "we were doing this..." and to think I have to wait a year and a half till the next one..ugh Unless some kind soul gives up their spot on the DVC member cruise in September.
philatiger is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-15-2008, 07:20 PM   #78
binky1
DIS Veteran

Just wait until you have a 1 year anniversary of the last time you cruised and your DD7 says - Mom, what would we have been doing today? and unfortunately, you remember exactly what port you were in, etc.
10/1998 Disneyland, California - Before Kids, 04/2005 Disney & POFQ - 1DD & 1 on the way, 01/27/07 7 Day Western - Totally Wicked!!, Christmas Break 2007 - Disney & Off-site with the whole famn damily!!, 11/14/09 - 7 Day Double Dip
binky1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 09:47 PM   #79
dreamcometrue
Laughed on her wedding night
I was so excited that I could not sleep

Day 4...land at last!! St. Maarten! (warning, lots of pictures ahead!)

This morning I woke up, showered, and walked on deck to see us approaching St. Maarten. It was good to see land after 2 days at sea.

I went back downstairs to wake everyone up and DH went up on deck to videotape the docking while the kids looked out the window. We ordered roomservice breakfast the night before and it arrived in our cabin a little before 7. Alan showed up right after it and we ate and then got ready to go. Our excursion met in Rockin Bar D. Can I just say how inconsiderate I find it of people to show up late to a thing like that? People strolled in at 8:15,
coffee and danish in hand, like they did not have a care in the world. Our meeting time was 8am. Everyone was waiting for them. It just irriates me. We booked the St. Maarten Island Tour & Butterfly Farm excursion. We were taken to a bus by the dock and drove around the Island. Our tour guide Jimmy was great and slowed down a lot for everyone to take pictures and let us get off the bus for about 10 minutes at a scenic spot.

We then proceeded to the Marigold shopping area where we had 45 minutes to spent. I found that time frame to be a bit short, we felt a bit rushed. There was a great flea market there and we got some shopping done.

After that, we continued on to the butterfly farm which my whole family just loved. There were hundreds of butterflies there and we spent another 45 minutes there. Also included was rum and juice or just plain juice for the kids

We drove back to the dutch side of St. Maarten where the ships are docked. There were 3 other ships in port and can I just say that the Magic was the only one that made my heart skip a beat

We strolled around the dock area for a bit since there are some shops there, then we all decided we were hungry and went back onboard to have lunch at Topsiders.

Kaylee decided she wanted to stay on the ship, so I took her to the Lab. Josh, Alan and I got off again and took a water taxi to the main shopping area. A lot of shops were closed since there was a big parade that day, but a lot were still open, especially around front street and where the beach was. We didn't bring our bathing suits, so we just got our feet a bit wet and then just strolled around and looked around and enjoyed the caribbean atmosphere.

I got a bit nervous leaving Kaylee on board. I don't know how people go on whole excursions with their kids in the club, I was nervous after about 2 hours. We headed back, and she paged us about an hour later. We just hung
around the room and relaxed a bit until it was time to dress for dinner. Tonight was pirate night and we were in Parrot Cay. I had some sort of shrimp appetizer again (love the shrimp) gumbo soup, and some seafood dish with pasta. White chocolate cheesecake for dessert. It was delicous as always. There was also a little show the servers put on and almost everyone participated in.

Kids had their picture done with pirate Mickey and pirate Minnie after dinner and I went to the rebooking agent and booked our next cruise for December 2009!!! Western Itiniary this time. So I was giddy all night after that, knowing we'd be back on the Magic!

We went back to the cabin because Kaylee wanted to change into different clothes. Our towel animal for tonight was a monkey!

Josh with his fake pirate teeth

our awesome stateroom host Marilyn!

We just strolled around and eventually grabbed some good seats up on deck 10 and waited for the pirate party to start. It was a great show and the fireworks were awesome, but by the end, the kids were completely exhausted, we didn't even make it to the buffet on deck 9. As soon as we went back to the stateroom, and they changed into their pajamas, they were
out like a light.

I managed to snap a picture of the buffet as we walked by it!

Tomorrow... St. Thomas and dolphin encounter

dreamcometrue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 12:28 AM   #80
Nftysqrt
Mouseketeer

Completely awesome pictures of Pirates night! I loved the butterfly pictures as well. Thanks for sharing with us!
Nftysqrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 06:04 AM   #81
poffles
Dreamin' Disney

Another great installment!

Old 05-16-2008, 09:13 AM   #82
Karen Mouse
resiurK deknoK

Great trippie - loving it so far
Karen Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 09:32 PM   #83
zerog
DIS Veteran

Great photo's Kay. I recognize your stateroom hostess, since we must have walked by your room at least 100x. I knew it was your room because I knew your door signs (from Kristin).

Next cruise, it's going to be nice being directly below Topsiders. Remember, we've got your room on our next cruise. BTW, we didn't plan it that way. It was odd because Kylie (I think that was her name) booked us in 2610. As we sat there asking questions, she goes 'oh, 2608 just opened up.' So we took it since it was that much closer to the mid. Even then, it didn't occur to me till later that was your room.

Premier - Big Red Boat, 1991
Carnival - Fantasy, 1995
DCL - Wonder 3-nite, May 2007
DCL - Magic 7-nite Eastern, April 2008
DCL - Magic 7-nite Western, May 2009
DCL - Wonder 4-nite, Nov. 2010
RCCL - Enchantment of the Seas, July 2013
RCCL - Enchantment of the Seas, Oct 2013 (Furlough getaway)
DCL - Dream 4-nite, Nov. 2013 (Thanksgiving)
Carnival - Breeze 6-day, Dec. 2013 (New Years)
Carnival - Sensation 3-day, Apr. 2014 (Easter)
DCL - Dream 4-nite, July 2014 (Independence Day)
zerog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 09:42 PM   #84
dreamcometrue

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerog View Post
Great photo's Kay. I recognize your stateroom hostess, since we must have walked by your room at least 100x. I knew it was your room because I knew your door signs (from Kristin).

Next cruise, it's going to be nice being directly below Topsiders. Remember, we've got your room on our next cruise. BTW, we didn't plan it that way. It was odd because Kylie (I think that was her name) booked us in 2610. As we sat there asking questions, she goes 'oh, 2608 just opened up.' So we took it since it was that much closer to the mid. Even then, it didn't occur to me till later that was your room.
you will love MY room Randy!! It was really really nice to be so close to the aft elevators, it's just a short trip up to deck 9 which is nice esp when you get thirsty at night, and also so close to most restaurants. We have the same room again for our next cruise! It was also very quiet, we never heard a thing!

Old 05-17-2008, 08:01 PM   #85
pierresgirl
DIS Veteran

Great installment! Love the butterfly pics! Can't wait to hear about the dolphin encounter. I really want to do that!

2007 CBR
2008 AKL and DCL Wonder

2010 DCL Wonder

Upcoming 2015 DCL 5 night Wonder
pierresgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 10:03 AM   #86
Tonyspad
Disney or Bust for us!

Waiting for day 5!!!
Old 05-18-2008, 12:38 PM   #87
JDBlair
DIS Veteran

There are a lot of similarities between our TR's! We were in room 2606 (awesome location - rebooked it for our next cruise), we had Sylvester in Palo, it was our first cruise! I'm enjoying your TR!!!

Future runDisney races:
Dumbo Double Dare Challenge August 2014

Follow me as I train for these races!

Previous runDisney race recaps:
Princess Half February 2013
Tinker Bell Half January 2013
Disneyland Half 9-2-12
JDBlair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 01:26 PM   #88
dreamcometrue

I am hoping to have day 5 up tonight! Thanks for all the nice comments! We can't wait to go back!!

Old 05-18-2008, 07:36 PM   #89
MsLeFever
WPASADI II Co-Winner
Wants to be the #1 WPASADI!
Won't beg for a tag but will rewrite disco songs!
Eating chocolate is a good cure for anything and everything!

great reading!
Old 05-18-2008, 09:19 PM   #90
DundasDad
Mouseketeer

Wow ... loving your trip report. Absolutely fantastic!

Hoping to book our first cruise for early next year ... fingers crossed!
Port Orleans Riverside March 2009
Kissimmee Condo (Grumpy's Villa) March 2010
Western Magic March 2011
Eastern Magic & Port Orleans Riverside March 2012
Double Dip on the Dream July 2015

DundasDad is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: