Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-09-2008, 02:23 PM   #61
dreamcometrue
Laughed on her wedding night
I was so excited that I could not sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobbitmomma View Post
Keep it coming! Our trip isn't until Dec.'09, so I'm living vicariously through the trip reports! Love the pictures.
I think we are on the Western before you. Are you going Dec. 26th? We are going on the 12th! Looking at Western excursions already!

I hope to have the next installment up tonight. DD and I have a cough/cold and I have been tired! But it's Friday!!

dreamcometrue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 03:12 PM   #62
Hobbitmomma
Frodo Lives

Yep, we're going Dec. 26th. We are surprising the kids. They will find out that Christmas morning! We are also looking at excursions already. I can't believe we have a year and 7 months to think about this.
"All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, a light from the shadows shall spring; renewed shall be blade that was broken, the crownless again shall be king.” - J.R.R. Tolkein

2006 2011
Hobbitmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-10-2008, 04:30 PM   #63
dreamcometrue

Day 3 another day at sea and Palo Brunch!

I was up again today at 6:30, showered and up to the Cove Cafe for a mocha. It is so interesting to see the CM in the morning, getting the ship ready for the day. Mostly adults out and about this time of day, probably doing the same I am doing... getting some peace and quiet before the kids wake up. I just walked around for a bit after sipping my coffee while laying on one of the loungers near the cove cafe, did a lap on deck 4, then headed back up to the room and fell back asleep until around 9ish. Got the kids and DH up and got dressed for Palo brunch. While Alan showered and got dressed, I took the kids up to Topsiders for some breakfast. I love that they have a kids buffet line at Topsiders!

Mickey waffles!

After the kids had breakfast, I took Kaylee to the Lab where they just got started making Flubber and Josh's age group was at the stack this morning so he went up there. Then I went and picked DH up in the stateroom and we went up to Palo. We really really enjoyed our brunch. Our server was Sylvester and he was awesome!! I really cannot say enough good things about him. He was very attentative, took his time walking us through the buffet line explaining everything and very friendly all around! We had
champagne and the buffet was soooo delicous. We also ordered sausage pizza, eggs benedict and some other egg dish that I can't remember the name of now. We ate soooo much and it was all so delicious! We were there from 10:30 until noon.

I can't remember what the dessert on the right is called, in the little glasses, but oh my god.... heaven on EARTH!! I think I had one and then Sylvester brought me about 4 more!

After brunch, we headed down to Shutters. I initially purchased the 5 8x10 pictures. We are not very big on purchasing pictures when we go to the parks, so I never thought we'd buy so many!!! But we were already up to 4 8x10's and had a 6x8 in our hands, so we upgraded our package to the 5 6x8 and 8 8x10. Who can resist the pictures though, they are all so great. We bought quite a few from formal night. We don't get family portraits done too often, so this was well worth it!

Then DH and I took a stroll around deck 4. Got a page from Josh that he checked himself out of the Lab and was heading to the Mickey Pool. Shortly after, we got a page that Kaylee wanted to be picked up from the Lab, so we went down there. They were at Ocean Quest and we checked her out. She wanted to go swim so we went to the cabin so she can change. DH kind of dozed off while there, I guess all the yummy Palo food got to him. Josh showed up in the room too. I guess he was waiting for us at the Mickey pool and we never showed up so he came to find us. I took both kids up to the pool and sat there for a few hours reading while they played. Kaylee got tired around 2 or so, and wanted to rest in the cabin, so we told Josh who was playing with some kids. We went to the cabin and Kaylee watched TV and never fell asleep. Me on the other hand, laid down on the bed and fell asleep until 5pm!! Yikes!! Josh showed up sometime while I was asleep.

We all got ready for dinner after I woke up. Dinner today was at Animators Palate. I had some sort of shrimp and crab with avocado apetizer, some sort of salmon salad and beef tenderloins for dinner, and a sundae for dessert. I am sorry, I can't remember the exact name of what I had. It's all a blur already. The light show was great and Sorcerer Mickey came out at the end along with all of the servers. It was a fun show!!

After dinner, we headed down to the Atrium for pictures. I wanted to get Kaylee with Minnie but the line was way too long, and we couldn't do both Minnie and Sorcerer Mickey before the show, so we stood in line with Mickey and had both kids pictures taken with him. We also ran into Brent. I love Brent. I think he should make a CD of just him talking. I would totally buy that.

Tonight's show was Twice Charmed. I made DH stand in line while I was in the line with the kids for Sorcerer Mickey. After the picture, Kaylee decided that she wanted to change out of her dinner clothes. I left Josh with DH and ran down to the stateroom with her in record time since it was already close to 8pm and I knew they would open the theater doors soon. I made her change in record time and up again we went. The doors were open by then
and DH and Josh managed to save 2 spots for us pretty close to the front. I know, I know, saving seats... BAD!! The show was really great, Kaylee
enjoyed it a lot and even Josh did even though he isn't into princesses for obvious reasons We went to the gift shop after the show. Seems like we are there every day spending money, but it's not REAL money when you use your KTTW card right? We had to get DH a shirt for pirate night tomorrow, and well, some other things!

We went down to the room after, I wanted the kids to shower before bed since there would be no time tomorrow morning. I ran back up
to Shutters and picked up the Sorcerer Mickey photo (told ya, Shutters is like an addiction!). I also went and got my nightly tea and a soda from the soda station on deck 4. I love being aft, because it's only a short elevator ride up to the drink station. I went up there in my pajamas and was afraid that I would run into Brent!

We had a pretty low key, relaxing day. Our towel animal tonight was a turtle!

Tomorrow... land at last!! St. Maarten!

Old 05-10-2008, 04:49 PM   #64
TotallyAngelic
Disney Addict

Great photos - I especially like the one of your two kids with Mickey - it looks amazing with the white background!
TotallyAngelic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 04:59 PM   #65
WDWLVR
DVC @ The Boardwalk
Have veranda will cruise
We cruised under a DVC flag - how cool is that?!?

We love Sylvester! He was our server back in May of '03 and it was great to see him at Palo!

As for saving seats...who would ever do that.
Old 05-10-2008, 06:07 PM   #66
pierresgirl
DIS Veteran

Great pics and the Palo desserts look SOOOOOO yummy!

The Boss is Back Onboard! Trip Report still in session! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2546146

pierresgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 07:46 PM   #67
dreamcometrue

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWLVR View Post
We love Sylvester! He was our server back in May of '03 and it was great to see him at Palo!

hahaha Mary!!! Yeah one night, this lady that looked vaguely familiar saved 4 (FOUR!) seats!! The nerve! And people wonder why I stick my tongue out!

Old 05-10-2008, 08:53 PM   #68
zerog
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamcometrue;
[B]

After brunch, we headed down to Shutters. I initially purchased the 5 8x10 pictures. We are not very big on purchasing pictures when we go to the parks, so I never thought we'd buy so many!!! We don't get family portraits done too often, so this was well worth it!
Ditto on the family portraits. We've got a ton of school pictures and photo's of DS playing baseball, but nothing professional of the family. I purchased the (5) 8x10 and (10) 6x8 package - I had a really hard time putting the rest of the photo's down the shoot. It's tough to just throw away great photo's of your kids. Disney knows this!!

Kay, another great addition to your trip report. I check every few hours to see if there are any updates. I'm really glad I got to meet you!!

Premier - Big Red Boat, 1991
Carnival - Fantasy, 1995
DCL - Wonder 3-nite, May 2007
DCL - Magic 7-nite Eastern, April 2008
DCL - Magic 7-nite Western, May 2009
DCL - Wonder 4-nite, Nov. 2010
RCCL - Enchantment of the Seas, July 2013
RCCL - Enchantment of the Seas, Oct 2013 (Furlough getaway)
DCL - Dream 4-nite, Nov. 2013 (Thanksgiving)
Carnival - Breeze 6-day, Dec. 2013 (New Years)
Carnival - Sensation 3-day, Apr. 2014 (Easter)
DCL - Dream 4-nite, July 2014 (Independence Day)
zerog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 08:59 PM   #69
philatiger
Just Goofin Around......

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWLVR View Post

Yea, we ran into a woman the first night who saved five seats and got pretty nasty with us and another family when we tried to sit in them. We stayed clear of her the rest of the week. She saved those same seats for every show. It was actually great pre-show entertainment watching her for 20 minutes fighting off the hungry masses...lol

We had Sylvester for Dinner at Palo. I agree, he was wonderful. He just kept bringing food to the table. Just "try it" he kept saying....lol...by the end of dinner all I could think of was I need to get out of my tux.

As much as we loved dinner at Palo, I have to say, Mary was right....brunch is a definite "do not miss". We will be booking brunch before dinner, that's for sure. And if Sylvester is still there we will ask for him.

New to the boards so I can not post any pics until my post count goes up. I took some really good pictures at the shows that I think many will enjoy. My avatar is a pic I took at CC.

that's all for now.

Chuck

Last edited by philatiger; 05-10-2008 at 10:08 PM.
philatiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 05:45 PM   #70
Hobbitmomma
Frodo Lives

OK, so my husband and I weren't much interested in brunch at Palo until we saw your pictures! We thought that we didn't want to spend that much time out of our sea day in a restaurant, but we are having second thoughts now. It looks amazing. Can't wait to hear the rest.
"All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, a light from the shadows shall spring; renewed shall be blade that was broken, the crownless again shall be king.” - J.R.R. Tolkein

2006 2011
Hobbitmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 07:25 PM   #71
dreamcometrue

Quote:
OK, so my husband and I weren't much interested in brunch at Palo until we saw your pictures! We thought that we didn't want to spend that much time out of our sea day in a restaurant, but we are having second thoughts now. It looks amazing. Can't wait to hear the rest.
you should definitely do brunch!! It's amazing. It's only an hour and a half out of your sea day and WELL worth it! We didn't do dinner because it was important to us to eat dinner as a family each night. We will do brunch again for sure on our next cruise! I wanted so badly to take more pictures of the whole buffett but my DH was embarrassed by me taking pictures so I didn't!

Old 05-11-2008, 07:28 PM   #72
dreamcometrue

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerog View Post
Ditto on the family portraits. We've got a ton of school pictures and photo's of DS playing baseball, but nothing professional of the family. I purchased the (5) 8x10 and (10) 6x8 package - I had a really hard time putting the rest of the photo's down the shoot. It's tough to just throw away great photo's of your kids. Disney knows this!!

Kay, another great addition to your trip report. I check every few hours to see if there are any updates. I'm really glad I got to meet you!!
hey Randy, maybe we can have a mini DIS meet when we come in Dec. 09.

I know, it was very hard throwing away the pictures. Especially since Kaylee wanted to buy them all!! She was always the one posing with the characters, Josh is not into all that anymore, so I didn't want to end up with 10 pictures of her with characters and none of him. I bought a few of her, but mostly pictures of the whole family and the kids together!

Old 05-14-2008, 01:06 AM   #73
dreamcometrue

sorry guys. I didn't abandon my trip report, just been busy with work and family stuff. I will have a new installment up asap!

Old 05-14-2008, 08:18 AM   #74
chepic
I tear up whenever I hear "Welcome Home." Some people say I have "issues."

Quote:
I agree with Dreamcometrue....the brunch is the best.

cheryl
chepic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 01:54 PM   #75
zerog
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamcometrue
sorry guys. I didn't abandon my trip report, just been busy with work and family stuff. I will have a new installment up asap!
Whew. I was suffering withdrawal pains. :-) I love me some Trip Reports!

Premier - Big Red Boat, 1991
Carnival - Fantasy, 1995
DCL - Wonder 3-nite, May 2007
DCL - Magic 7-nite Eastern, April 2008
DCL - Magic 7-nite Western, May 2009
DCL - Wonder 4-nite, Nov. 2010
RCCL - Enchantment of the Seas, July 2013
RCCL - Enchantment of the Seas, Oct 2013 (Furlough getaway)
DCL - Dream 4-nite, Nov. 2013 (Thanksgiving)
Carnival - Breeze 6-day, Dec. 2013 (New Years)
Carnival - Sensation 3-day, Apr. 2014 (Easter)
DCL - Dream 4-nite, July 2014 (Independence Day)
zerog is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: