Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-05-2008, 01:22 PM   #16
Travelbee
DIS Veteran

My family was also on this cruise and I think we were on the same flight to Orlando from LA. Did you fly American Airlines? It took half an hour before the bags started to show up on the carousel. My DH and I celebrated our 10th anniversary on the 4/25 before boarding the ship on the 26th. Everything on the cruise was perfect. Our DD5 discovered karaoke and wanted to go every night. It was a hoot! We had such a great time and glad to hear you did too!
Travelbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 02:37 PM   #17
dreamcometrue
Laughed on her wedding night
I was so excited that I could not sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelbee View Post
My family was also on this cruise and I think we were on the same flight to Orlando from LA. Did you fly American Airlines? It took half an hour before the bags started to show up on the carousel. My DH and I celebrated our 10th anniversary on the 4/25 before boarding the ship on the 26th. Everything on the cruise was perfect. Our DD5 discovered karaoke and wanted to go every night. It was a hoot! We had such a great time and glad to hear you did too!
yes!! We were on American Airlines flight leaving LAX at 8:35am. It took FOREVER for the bags, and the kids were tired and grumpy (ok, so was I!) My birthday was 4/25! Glad to hear you guys had a great cruise too!

dreamcometrue is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-05-2008, 03:01 PM   #18
chepic
I tear up whenever I hear "Welcome Home." Some people say I have "issues."

O.K., I'm in....keep it coming

cheryl
chepic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 03:13 PM   #19
dreamcometrue

I should have the next installment up tonight!

Old 05-05-2008, 03:33 PM   #20
AirTita
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamcometrue View Post
Looking forward to it!

Disney Fantasy 8/12
Radiance of the Seas 3/10
Disney Magic 6/08
Vision of the Seas 4/08
Adventure of the Seas 8/07
Carnival Destiny 4/06
Radiance of the Seas 7/05
Carnival Glory 3/05
AirTita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 05:30 PM   #21
wdwluvrs
DIS Veteran

Kay nice to read about the cruise again as we were also there with you keep posting... Mike
90 Contemporary
91 Polynesian
92-95-96 Port Orleans French Quarter
97-98-2000 Beach Club
2003 Disney Wonder and Beach Club
2006 Disney Magic western and Polynesian
2008 Disney Magic eastern and Polynesian
2010 Disney Wonder Western and Port Orleans French Quarter
2012 Disney Fantasy Western and Port Orleans French Quarter
wdwluvrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 06:21 PM   #22
Googelibear
Every day is the dawn of a new error, hehe

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamcometrue View Post
Ok, I am in Michigan, it's "night" now
Old 05-05-2008, 06:27 PM   #23
ohiominnie
It's interesting when you google yourself
I'd rather be at WDW
Spent all day at an amusement park yesterday
My DH gets kitty litter kidney stones

Hey! Aren't you the lady who stuck her tongue out at me after the farewell show?????
Old 05-05-2008, 06:40 PM   #24
dreamcometrue

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiominnie View Post
Hey! Aren't you the lady who stuck her tongue out at me after the farewell show?????
no, I stuck it out at Mary! Didn't I? coughsavedanentirerowinthewaltdisneytheatercough well aren't YOU the lady who laughed at me because I cried during the farewell show?? Because if you are, you deserved it!

Old 05-05-2008, 06:51 PM   #25
zerog
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamcometrue;
I cried during the farewell show
The farewell show was kind of sad!

Premier - Big Red Boat, 1991
Carnival - Fantasy, 1995
DCL - Wonder 3-nite, May 2007
DCL - Magic 7-nite Eastern, April 2008
DCL - Magic 7-nite Western, May 2009
DCL - Wonder 4-nite, Nov. 2010
RCCL - Enchantment of the Seas, July 2013
RCCL - Enchantment of the Seas, Oct 2013 (Furlough getaway)
DCL - Dream 4-nite, Nov. 2013 (Thanksgiving)
Carnival - Breeze 6-day, Dec. 2013 (New Years)
Carnival - Sensation 3-day, Apr. 2014 (Easter)
DCL - Dream 4-nite, July 2014 (Independence Day)
zerog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 09:20 PM   #26
dreamcometrue

sorry, I never got around to posting last night.

Part 2... IT'S HERE!!! Hand me the tissues, I can see the MAGIC!!

We left my SIL's house at around 8:30am and made our way to Port Canaveral after a quick stop by Walgreens. Kaylee had the sniffles and I was so worried it was a cold, and I had visions of her not being able to spend time in the kids club. I got her some meds, but it turned out it was just allergies. She never gets allergies at home so I was surprised, but my SIL mentioned that her kids are allergic to the oak something or another so maybe that was it.

I was so excited the whole way to Port Canaveral and couldn't wait until I got my first glimpse of the Magic. I was the one asking "are we there yet" for once, and not the kids! And finally, as we crossed the bridge, I saw her!!! I started to cry, she was even more beautiful than I imagined!

We were early, so we made our way to Budget so DH would know where to go
to drop off the rental car. It is so easy to find. We made our way back to the port, and were still about 10 min. early, so they made us park in the lot across the street. It was a loooong 10 minutes. Finally the wait was over and we made it to the terminal. Got all our bags out, and grabbed a porter who helped us with the bags. The porter is WELL wort the tip. DH and Josh left to return the rental car and Kaylee and I made our way through security. The line wasn't too bad. Finally we were on the escalators up to the terminal. We were really here!! And the Magic was RIGHT THERE!! Here came the tears again. We went straigt to the check in line, and checked the whole family in. Very easy. Got boarding pass 3 and PLAPLAP dining roation, which is what I
really hoped for since it will put us in Lumieres for formal and Parrot Cay for Pirates night!!! And finally I had our key to the world cards in my hot little
hands and made good use of them right away by buying lanyards in the terminal. I also checked Kaylee into the kids clubs and got her her bracelet. We walked around the terminal for a bit then to check things out.

Met Mary and Mark, Karen and family and Randy in the terminal. Mary and mark stood out with their lime green shirts and I recognized them right away. What a nice bunch of people! Mark had mickey bars and of course Kaylee saw them and had to have one right away so off we went to buy Mickey bars. As you can see, I tested my KTTW card well before actually boarding.

Mickey made a grand appearance in the terminal, so Kaylee and I stood in line for that. Got Kaylee's picture taken with Mickey.

Alan and Josh finally caught up with us at around 11:30 or so. Boarding started at 12:00 I think. We were called pretty quickly, so no more long wait! Had our embarkation picture taken, and then finally FINALLY the moment I had dreamed about for so long...we were actually truly boarding the Magic!!! You dream about it for so long, and imagine it, but nothing nothing you envisioncomes close the actual experience when your name is called as you walk on the ship and stand in the atrium for the very first time! Tears again!!

I went to Rock in' Bar D right away for Palo Brunch reservations since I was unable to get any online. There were plenty available and I made reservations for Monday 10:30am.

Then we made it up to deck 9 to the Mickey pool!! The kids were so excited! Got them both changed and they were in it in a heartbeat. They thought I was the best mom in the world for remembering to pack their bathing suits in the carry on!

Alan and I got a table by the Mickey Pool and went off to topsiders and got some lunch. It was also while sitting there that I had my first Bahama Mama. The first of many, I might add!

The Mickey slide opened up at some point and the kids went down it over and over again.

They also spent some time in the goofy pool, they particularly liked the jacuzzi.

I went down to guest services because I forgot to make reservations for Tea with Alice and the Mad Hatter for Kaylee and I so I did that and got is in for Sunday at 4pm.

It was 5 minutes to 1:30 and I snuck down to see if the ropes to the rooms had been dropped yet but nothing, so I asked a CM and she said not till 2pm. So I headed back upstairs and joined the others by the pool. The kids and I went back downstairs at 2pm. DH decided he was still hungry and wanted a hotdog, but I was too anxious and couldn't wait and told him to come down when he was done! I wanted to see our stateroom!! Some of our suitcases were outside the door and by the time Alan arrived about 10 minutes later, the rest of the bags were here too. Yay!! No lost luggage. We were category 9, stateroom 2608. We really loved our room and the location. It was very close to the aft elevators (between midship and aft, but much closer to aft) so it was easy access to most restaurants, the pools and the drink station on deck 9. Our stateroom host was Marilyn from the Philippines. She was very sweet, we loved her! The stateroom was also decorated
with birthday decorations, since it was my birthday on the 25th and I wanted to celebrate on the Magic, I ordered those for myself!

By that time Kaylee was soooo tired, and we decided to just hang out in the room for a bit and unpack, which we did. I managed to get all of mine and Kaylee's things unpacked by 10 to 3 when I headed up to the Promenade Lounge for a DIS meet. I got to meet a lot of great people from our cruise meet threat. It was nice to see everyone around the ship for the remainder of the cruise. We hung out there for a bit then back to the room since it was almost time for the Lifeboat drill.

When I got back, Alan and Josh had also unpacked their things and DH managed to get all of our suitcases put under the bed. Kaylee was asleep on the couch and I felt really awful for having to wake her for the lifeboat drill, but we had to. She was NOT happy. She was so grumy and whining about having to put on the vest and she would not stop until the drill was over. We headed up to deck 4 starboard side. I was worried that it would be too hot, but it was mostly shady and a nice breeze, so it wasn't bad at all except
Kaylee being unhappy.

We made it back to the room just in time to drop the lifevests and then head up to deck 10 for the sailaway party. Kaylee was still a bit grumpy at first, but quickly cheered up and started to dance along.

As you can see, we are already breaking the rules by letting Kaylee sit on the box that says "do not sit or stand on this box"

DH and I got a Pina Colada and a virgin Pina colada for the kids. Of course I had tears in my eyes again when I heard the beautiful ship horn for the first time, it gave me the chills. I kept thinking "I AM ON A DISNEY CRUISE". Finally we started moving, right at 5pm. We stayed up there on deck 10, watching the CM at the terminal wave and until we made it through the channel out to sea. We stood up there until after 5:30 when we finally made it back to our room to change for dinner.

Old 05-06-2008, 09:21 PM   #27
dreamcometrue

too many pictures in my post, so I have to break it up... ooops...

Dinner was at Parrott Cay and met our serving team. We really really loved our servers. We had Dobi from Bulgaria and Danielo from the Phillipines. They really went out of their way to make us happy throughout the cruise! Both kids were tired. Josh fell asleep during dinner and only touched some fruit and fries. During dinner, we really felt the ship move. None of us got sea sick though. I looked on the stateroom TV at 11:30 that night and swells were 4 - 8 feet. I hear that first night is alwas the worst. We felt it but it wasn't too bothersome, but I can see how it could make someone who is prone to motion sickness very sick! I don't remember what DH had but I had a clam appetizer (don't remember the name of it) in cheese sauce and the Mixed Grill for entree. Both of which were absolutely to die for!!

Neither one of the kids wanted desert, so they got "Nothing". I had the cheesecake with whipped cream and fresh strawberries. Again, absolutely delicious.

After dinner we stopped by the Atrium and Kaylee had her picture taken with Minnie.

We headed back to the stateroom because Josh was really really tired. Towel animal for tonight was a swan. The kids LOVED it. We met some people later on that said they never got a towel animal! I thought it was pretty much standard that you would get them? Anyway, we were anxious every night after dinner walking to our stateroom, wondering what animal would await us that night!

Josh didn't want to see the show, he was too tired and DH wasn't really in the mood either. Kaylee and I headed out again, we walked down Promenade Deck and the sun was just beginning to setl. It was so pretty.

We headed to the shops. She got a sailor donald. It was too crowded in the shops for me to shop around and I decided to come back later. Then the two of us saw "All Aboard" show. I thought it was just ok, nothing too spectacular. Probably wouldn't go see it again. Kaylee was really getting tired during it and almost fell asleep but she made it through. The show lasted an hour and I took her back to the stateroom after and got her all ready for bed. I wanted to do some shopping so I headed out again and up the shops. Bought a t-shirt, refrigerator magnet, christmas ornament. I also went to Shutters for the first time, and bought a photo packet and our Embarkation Picture which I thought turned out well. Oh, I also dropped of our photo mat at Guest Services. Walked around for a bit, got a drink on deck 9 and back to the stateroom. I think I was in bed by 11:30. I have to say that I slept so well every night on the ship. The bed was so comfortable and I actually enjoyed the rocking of the ship while laying in bed!

Tomorrow Day at Sea and Formal Night....

Old 05-06-2008, 09:36 PM   #28
anewmac
Ive got nothing planned whats an OCVP to do?

aww 1st night sounds awesome. I cant wait to read more. The food pic looks yummy too.. I cant wait for our turn LOL.
Old 05-06-2008, 10:19 PM   #29
Jillpie
Can you package some Main St. music and send it to me?

yes, thank you! I was worried you weren't coming back. So great, what a fantastic report. I completely understand all the running around you did that first night, you don't want to miss a thing. I could never understand how my family could sleep! Can't wait for more!
Old 05-07-2008, 03:14 AM   #30
Verandah Man
I "DREAM" of a "FANTASY" that is full of "MAGIC" & "WONDER"

Good Job!!! Can't wait to read more and see more pics!!!

"Retired and Loving It!!!"
Verandah Man is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: