Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-03-2008, 07:56 PM   #1
DisneyFairy66
I love my Bichon Frise, Dixie Mae! Fan of Daisy Duck!

Please Read my FIRST TRIP REPORT TO UNIVERSAL ORLANDO RESORT!

Hello, Everyone this is my frist trip report and I hope you all enjoy it. I have gone on many trips to Disney World Resort and never attempted to do a TR. Although this time, with lots of inspiration from other TRs I have read on Disboards, I thought I would do one with my trip to Universal Orlando Resort. I have not been to US/IOA in such a long time, so this is more like a first time for me. Please enjoy, relax and let me know what you think, I love feed back!

Cast and Crew of A&S Universal May Trip!

Me: Alexis
Occupation: Part time Pharmacy Technician, Full time College Student.
Loves: My doggie Dixie Mae, Shopping , Reading, Disboards and Dancing.

Boyfriend: Scott
Loves: Fishing, Boating, Golfing, Hockey, Chicago Bears, and Cigars.

Scott and I have been dating for about 5 years now, and this has been our first trip alone to a resort we both havent been in a long time. We have gone to Disney numerous times, NYC, and other destinations. But this trip was special because neither of us have experienced a full on Universal Resort vacation.

Day 1: "Getting there is half the fun!"

So unfortunatley Scott had to work but he got off at 2:00pm, changed and picked me up for our road trip to Orlando. We dont live tooo far from Orlando but far enough where we cant go too often

When he picked me up, we packed his truck and got hungry. So for our on the road munchies we picked up Wendys through Drive Through and got lunch. We were soo excited because we couldnt wait to get there!

Here is Scott driving. I offered to drive because I thought he was tired from working BUT you know how men are with driving and their trucks. lol.

Us, I was soo excited to get there!

So about 2 hours after driving we had to stop at a rest stop because we needed a potty break after eating lunch in the car and we wanted to get some disney and universal maps and pamphlets just to look at and get super excited at the pictures. I saw some fresh produce which I thought looked yummy but didnt purchase any. Also scott got some nice sunglasses there as well. Scott is known for breaking, losing and rebuying sunglasses. So he always has to buy a new pair.

Love the colors, so pretty

New sunglasses, lets see how long these will last! Anyone want to make any bets? lol jk.

See my many brochures lol. I know i take silly pictures but thats what a digi camera is for. You dont have film your gonna waste lol.

Coming up next: "Our Final Destination, Can I live here!"
DisneyFairy66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 08:10 PM   #2
AlienNation
I may not be able to tag anyone, but at least I can make crop circles!!
Sometimes I wonder if Texas is its own country

Subscribing...

Fiance will be going on her first true UO Resort vacation as well when we go in December. Would like to see another (been there already, but basically still a first for a true Resort vacation) perspective.
And I didn't feel a thing, So baby don't feel no pain
Just smile back... - Em
AlienNation is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-03-2008, 09:20 PM   #3
Metro West
Proud Redhead
11.47 Miles from Universal
23.56 Miles from Disney

DISboards Moderator

So far so good Alexis...keep going!
Old 05-03-2008, 10:27 PM   #4
DisneyFairy66

Still Day 1...part 2

"Our Final Destination, Can I live here!"

Still driving, I love these signs, they just remind me that Im going on vacation to Orlando.

Oh my goodness, we made it. YAY!
So excited, as we pulled up to our exit and then pulled into the Universal Resort area.
We drove to the hotel and got there early evening. We could not retain our excitement. We were ready to check in and check out our hotel.
Old 05-03-2008, 10:27 PM   #5
DisneyFairy66

ROYAL PACIFIC HOTEL

What a beautiful entrance, so amazing and breath taking.
The staff greeted us soo festive with Alohas and Mahalos!

"Oh my gosh, were here...Let the fun begin"

The wonderful bell hopper took our luggage and they valeted our car. I love service like that, makes you feel special. So as they did all the hard work, we got to play and get excited as we walked into the hotel lobby. Talk about PICTURE TIME!

I have to say, walking towards this lobby was amazing. It was just soo beautiful, refreshing and clean and airy. The environment with all the beautiful greenery was just soo pretty. It really made us feel in a polynesian paradise. We both have stayed at the Polynesian Resort at WDW, and I have to say for the RPH being cheaper I enjoyed this hotel alot better. But dont get me wrong Disney Resorts are amazing. But this one is high up there considering the deal we got

The bamboo style walkway was soo beautiful! What a way to stay in style!
I loved the froggies on the walkway as well lol. So welcoming.

We took about 10 min to take in the serenity of this walkway before we headed into the lobby. As well as to take pictures hehe. The Greenery was so refreshing with the ponds as well.

We were mesmerized by how pretty the hotel was, I couldnt stop flashing pictures!

The lobby is made for kodak moments lol.

We couldnt take our eyes off of the hotel lobby, we were stumbling over each other because it was so beautiful. Now its time to Check In and get to our room.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh We Made it!

Scott was soo happy it was Goose Pillows and Down Comforters..Soo cozy!

Our room was a Standard, 2 Queen Size Beds, with a Garden View Room! It was perfect, we couldnt ask for more. We felt at home.

I am a clean freak, so once scott laid his butt on that bed, I declared it the bed you can lay on to watch tv after we have been out, the other bed is for bed time. It comes in handy to have two beds.

What a VIEW!

I reccomend the Garden View Room. Its sooo amazing when you wake up in the morning and brush those curtains open and see a beautiful view. Very invigorating (sp?)

Coming up Day 1: Evening Spectacular

"CityWalk, City of LIGHTS"
Old 05-03-2008, 10:40 PM   #6
Metro West
Proud Redhead
11.47 Miles from Universal
23.56 Miles from Disney

DISboards Moderator

GREAT pictures! Loving the TR so far!
Old 05-03-2008, 10:46 PM   #7
jakuch
Earning My Ears

Thank you for posting all the photos. We are going next month and it's so fun to see new photos of where we'll be staying.

Karen
jakuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 11:02 PM   #8
AlienNation
I may not be able to tag anyone, but at least I can make crop circles!!
Sometimes I wonder if Texas is its own country

Loving the report. Can't wait to hear and see more.
And I didn't feel a thing, So baby don't feel no pain
Just smile back... - Em
AlienNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 07:06 AM   #9
chrissyc
Mouseketeer

Great job so far! Loving it!

chrissyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 07:31 AM   #10
LeslieR
Mouseketeer

I'm subscribing...thanks for the report!
LeslieR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 09:21 AM   #11
DisneyFairy66

(Thank You for ALL your comments, I love feedback, there is lots more to come)

Still Day 1: Evening

"CityWalk, City of LIGHTS"

Its now around 7:30pm, we were getting hungry and since we heard such wonderful things about CityWalk Dining we were contemplating where to eat. So many to chose from, NBA, HardRock, Nascar, Latin Quarters, Pastamore, Emrils, Margarittaville, and im sure more!

After check in we washed up, dressed up, freshened up and went straight to the elevator to go downstairs and take the water taxi to CityWalk. The bellhopper explained to us all the tricks and benefits of staying at a Universal Resort, Our hotel key/ park tickets is free access to the Clubs, 2 for 1 drinks at the Bars, and express pass on the rides, OH and ahead seating at the restaurants. We wanted to take advantage of that tonight!

This is Scott and I in the elevator ready to head to CityWalk

By this point our tummies were rumbling with angst and hunger. But our minds were still not sure about where to eat.

So as our elevator went to floor 1, we exited out to the pool area and walked to the Water Taxi section. We were the first ones there and then more people arrived. It was an excellent spot for photo taking! (my favorite)

The sun setting. What a beautiful scene.

When Scott makes those faces it means "Stop taking pictures" lol.

The duckies were soo cute there, they hang out by the lake. I wish I brought crackers for them.

Within 5 min the boat arrived. Great Service. I loved the safety precautions as well. They check everyones bags before entering the Water Taxi, they didnt have much to check on mine I just had a wristlet.

"Bye Bye hotel, see you in a couple of hours!"

Entering the CityWalk area on the boat....were almost there!!!!!!!!

At this point my camera was ready in my hands and finger on the button.

Margarittaville..Scott is a fan of Jimmy Buffet so eating here was definitly on our list.

The boat docked at CityWalk, the ride wasnt long at all. It was perfect timing and a relaxing ride. The weather is kinda cool so thank goodness i brought a little sweater. I guess also being on the water it was a bit chillier.

Dale Jr. Fan right here! I had to take a picture by it!

By this point there was so much to see and do here that we stopped listening to our stomachs. We wanted to take some photos as well before it got too dark. The Nascar restaurant had great photo ops. We took advantage.

The flash sorta ruined the picture but you get the concept lol.

Everything is soo brightly colorful. I love it. Gets me excited.

We were very excited to be here can you tell...

Coming up: Still Day 1: Dinner Time

"Ok we need to pick a restaurant...Who will be the winner???"
Old 05-04-2008, 10:09 AM   #12
orlandonyc
Proud Redhead

i feel like a kid watching his favorite show when the announcer goes "In next week's episode" i love your narrative style, please more!

DD ALYSSA

DS DARIN

[IMG][/IMG]
orlandonyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 10:20 AM   #13
DisneyFairy66

Quote:
Originally Posted by orlandonyc View Post
i feel like a kid watching his favorite show when the announcer goes "In next week's episode" i love your narrative style, please more!
LOL thank you..I am so glad you enjoy. there is plenty more coming...photobucket is slow lol.
Old 05-04-2008, 10:38 AM   #14
pam775
Mouseketeer

Loving your report so far. And the pictures are great. We will be at the RPR from 5/21 - 5/27. Can't wait!!!
pam775 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 10:46 AM   #15
DisneyFairy66

Still Day 1: Dinner Time

"Ok we need to pick a restaurant...Who will be the winner??"

Before we decided we wanted to take more pictures...Its just so beautiful there how can you resist picture time!

Now presenting.......The Hard Rock Scene

NOW down to business...Dinner Time!

We walked around CityWalk to see where we wanted to eat..We looked at Margaritavilles menu, and we werent craving what they were offering.

So we walked over to Latin Quarters and CRAVED what they offered. The menu sounded delicious, gourmet, and exactly what our tastebuds needed. ALso what are stomachs needed.

Drum roll please.......And the Winner is......by a landslide

LATIN QUARTERS!!!!!!!!!!!

"Table for Two Please"
The LQ staff greeted us and seated us. They were so friendly and right away we got seated at a romantic setting by the stage with a pond.

It was soo romantic and cozy, the atmosphere was inviting and it felt like I was in a vintage spanish cave. I love it here.

The staff wore authentic latin shirts called guayaberas. Scott was actually wearing a guayabera that night so it fit the mood. Our waiter was so nice and friendly letting us know what he reccomends. Which definitly helped because we werent sure what specialty drink we wanted, they had a list of latin style drinks.

Me and my Lime Daquari

Scott got the Little Havana..it was yummy I tried it and said next time I will order that.

Our drinks were perfection, they were sweet, cold and velvety on our tounges. It started off our dining experience right.

Now here comes the challenge...what shall we order???

We started with the Tostones appetizer..Its fried plantains with shredded juicy seasoned chicken, melted cheeses, tomatoes and black beans.
Talk about heaven on a PLATE! One bite and all the flavors collided in a spark in my stomach and mouth. Scott could not stop eating them. Neither could I!

The menu looked divine and it was so hard to chose from all the delicious latin varieties. In the end I chose the Latin Quarters de Paella. I love paella so i was thrilled to try theirs and sure enough it was MAGNIFICENT

Scott ordered the Churasco (skirt steak) with sweet plantains and brown rice.
He says "Alexis when we get married can you cook me this every night?"

Umm no I cant but we can come up here all the time, thats ok by me lol

They also brought us delicious soft bread rolls..heated and toasted to the right degree with butter with like a garlic/parsley season.
"WARNING YOUR TASTE BUDS MIGHT EXPLODE WITH EXCITEMENT"

Ok so are you all ready for the sad part??? Well we DID NOT get dessert, we were stuffed and we could not find any room for a sweet sensation.
But we wouldnt doubt for one second that they are delicious..

Scott and Alexis rate this restaurant with 2 thumbs up!

Coming up:

Still Day 1: After Dinner Fun

"Cigars, Drinks, and Singing...who could ask for more?"

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: