Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Reports Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-02-2008, 07:04 AM   #1
wilma-bride
Would love a diet on Cadbury Flakes
Admits she's strange when it comes to eggs

DISboards Moderator

Fred, Wilma and Family do Disney - Day 4

Fred, Wilma and Family Day 4 – Flowers and gardens

Monday 14th April

Again, I was up early (5 am) and took up residence in front of the fire down in the lobby. Thought you might like to see a picture of where I spent my early morning sessions.

I then made the usual early-morning foray to Roaring Fork to get some breakfast fare – Reeny and Chuck had bought breakfast items like cereals, fruit and bread at Walmart a couple of days ago but I prefer to eat something different when I’m on holiday so always got brekkie for me and the kids from Roaring Fork.

After breakfast, we were ready to leave and set off to catch the bus to Epcot. We waited quite a while for a bus and then had to pick up at Fort Wilderness too so it was almost 9 by the time we arrived. We just caught the end of the opening ceremony and joined the back of the crowd heading to Soarin’. We really hoped that Chuck and Reeny would appreciate why this ride is one of the best at Disney. After getting fast passes for us all, we joined the line which was already showing a wait time of 20 minutes. It seemed to take forever to get on but soon we were strapped in and ready for take off. It was fantastic, as usual, and everyone loved it. Daniel declared it his favourite ride except for ‘Small World because that has better music’. After stopping to book the in-laws on the Behind the Seeds tour, it was off to the Seas with Nemo and Friends to ride Nemo and see Crush. Gary and I had done Nemo last August but we preferred it this time. Turtle Talk with Crush was funny and, again, we all enjoyed it. I really liked the fact that we could experience a lot of things here together.

After a couple of photos outside, we headed back to the Land for our second Soarin’ experience. This time we were in row 1 and, I always say it, I think it’s so much better than rows 2 and 3. We told Chuck and Reeny to look out for the hidden mickey on the golf ball (thanks for pointing this out to us Susan Ellen) and this time they saw it.

Chuck and Reeny then headed off for their tour while me, Gary and the kids went over to get fast passes for Test Track and ride Mission:Space. The fast passes were for 2:35 to 3:35 even though it was only 10:40 am. We decided not to wait in the 45 minute standby line for Mission:Space either and went into the Epcot Garden Town exhibit in the old Body Wars building. There was a cool miniature train in there as well as some great Disney-themed stuff for the garden. Rea bought a limited edition Epcot Flower and Garden Festival pin. There was a great sand sculpture for the Festival outside.

We had arranged to meet Chuck and Reeny at Ice Station Cool so, after a quick stop at Mousegear, we trooped over there and amused ourselves by getting Daniel to taste the Beverley. I have some great video of him trying it, which Sian has named ‘Beverley Part 2 – Revenge of the Beverley’ as it is almost identical to the video of Rea trying it back in October 06.

We sat outside and watched the fountain for a while and I tried to take some pictures but Daniel wouldn’t co-operate so I gave up. Eventually, the in-laws arrived and we wandered over to World Showcase, taking pictures of the fantastic topiaries along the way.

In order to try and get Daniel to eat a full meal (he hadn’t since we’d arrived), I bought the kids McDonalds nuggets and fries from Refreshment Port and, after settling them on a bench in Canada, Gary, Chuck, Reeny and I carried on round to the UK where we bought Harry Ramsden’s Fish and Chips – yum!

After we’d all eaten (Daniel ate every last bit of his and some of the girls' as well), we wandered round the UK. Chuck and I stopped to look at the tea plants and realized we’d lost Gary, Reeny and Daniel. After some attempt to find them, we decided to wait where we were in the hope that they would find us. Meanwhile, Mary Poppins and Alice arrived so the girls went off to get their autographs (luckily, they had Daniel’s book with them). When Sian walked up to Mary Poppins, she was doing the ‘teenage slouch’ and, quick as a flash, Mary said to her ‘Chin up, don’t slouch’. It was hilarious and I took great delight in saying it to her at every opportunity for the rest of the holiday. Eventually, Gary turned up and said they’d been waiting for us – in France!! Talk about getting ahead of themselves.

Over in France, we went in search of Belle and the Beast but they weren’t around. I did take some pictures around France though

After that, I decided I was in need of refreshment. Although everyone else declined, I treated myself to a Grey Goose Lemon Slush. And very nice it was too (despite the disapproving glances from Mother). She did make a comment about the time (2 pm) but I reminded her it was definitely 5 o’clock somewhere.

To be honest, the rest of the afternoon took a downhill slide from there really. Everyone except me and the girls was flagging and every time, we stopped in a country everyone sat down and it took an age to get them moving again. By this time I was well and truly fed up and, not wanting to cause a row, I suggested we call it a day and go back to the room. Daniel was not happy as I’d promised him ice cream and he still hadn’t had it and the in-laws kept insisting they were OK to keep going. As a compromise, we decided to leave via the International Gateway and walk over to Beaches and Cream for ice cream. It gave Mother and Chuck a chance to see the Beach Club and Boardwalk, where we would be coming on Friday night for our Illuminations Cruise.

We got ice cream from the take-out ‘window’. Gary, Daniel and I shared a sundae with mint choc chip ice cream, hot fudge sauce and sprinkles. The girls shared the same and Chuck and Reeny had a one-scoop vanilla cone each (adventurous, huh?)

After we’d eaten, we went through to the front of the resort, caught a bus to Magic Kingdom and then got on the boat back to Wilderness Lodge.

Later in the evening, we went to Uno Chicago Pizzeria for dinner and, although none of us were particularly hungry, we all managed enough dinner to allow us to have….dessert!!!

The check was a pretty reasonable $90 including tip. Extremely stuffed, we returned to the Wilderness Lodge. Daniel went straight to bed and was asleep within seconds. Chuck and Reeny weren’t far after him and Gary, the girls and I stayed up to watch some true-life movie and were in bed by 10:30.

Tomorrow the geeks are off to Kennedy Space Centre while the kids and I get to play at Magic Kingdom all by ourselves – yay!!!
wilma-bride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 07:52 AM   #2
mandymouse
If It's Not A Bahama Mama Then I'm Not Interested
Can I put my Christmas Tree up yet ?

DISboards Moderator

OMG Joh, those desserts at Uno Chicago Pizzeria look fantastic Did you ever fall asleep in front of that lovely fire ? it looks so comfy and inviting there, I'd be asleep in no time

Another great day and fab piccies too

mandymouse is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-02-2008, 07:57 AM   #3
natalielongstaff
I need a cup of tea and a big bar of free chocolate now
Was born with my dancing shoes at the ready
I will be back later to stalk some more

Another lovely day

I like the look of that slush, nice top you have on...did you get it from next ??

natalielongstaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 07:59 AM   #4
wilma-bride

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandymouse View Post
OMG Joh, those desserts at Uno Chicago Pizzeria look fantastic Did you ever fall asleep in front of that lovely fire ? it looks so comfy and inviting there, I'd be asleep in no time

Another great day and fab piccies too
I wouldn't have dared Mandy - my snoring would have woken the whole building It was really cosy though
Old 05-02-2008, 08:01 AM   #5
wilma-bride

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalielongstaff View Post
Another lovely day

I like the look of that slush, nice top you have on...did you get it from next ??
How on earth did you know that
Old 05-02-2008, 08:03 AM   #6
Tammy Stringer
I love babies - all milky and baby powdery
Do you knit, Barbara?
Up for the marquee option

Joh

How could you put such yummy pictures up. I am sitting here at my desk salivating at the very thought of all those delicious puddings

Another great day. Don't you hate it when people sit down in every country - there really is no need - unless of course you are having a drink or two

Tam
Tammy Stringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 08:12 AM   #7
natalielongstaff
I need a cup of tea and a big bar of free chocolate now
Was born with my dancing shoes at the ready
I will be back later to stalk some more

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilma-bride View Post
How on earth did you know that
Lucky Guess !

natalielongstaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 08:23 AM   #8
mandymouse
If It's Not A Bahama Mama Then I'm Not Interested
Can I put my Christmas Tree up yet ?

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
I wouldn't have dared Mandy - my snoring would have woken the whole building It was really cosy though

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tammy Stringer View Post
Don't you hate it when people sit down in every country - there really is no need - unless of course you are having a drink or two

Tam
or 3 or 4

mandymouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 01:46 PM   #9
Snowy-girls
Did you speak to a 'human being'?
As you can see, all I have is a load of gobble-de-gook writing

Another great day+write up Joh .Love the picture by the fireplace looks so homely+cosy.Them desserts look sooooooooo good from Uno especially the 3rd one-whatever it is?.Can't wait for more.x.

Sweet Kitty Dreams La-La,Smudge,Sam+Max.Together Again.11:3:94-20:5:08.x.x.29:4:93-17:3:09.x.x.29:4:93-21:7:10.x.x.11:3:94-2:3:12.x.x.

NOV90Sheraton Anaheim CaliforniaSEP93Quality Inn I-DriveSEP95Holiday Inn I-DriveSEP97Castle Inn+Suites AnaheimSEP98-Best Western AnaheimAUG03Quality Inn I-DriveApr/May04Holiday Inn I-DriveApr09Embassy Suites I-Drive SouthApr11Quality Inn Plaza+Pop.Aug13Rosen Inn Pointe,HRH,CSR+AKL With Free QSDP.AUG15Rosen Inn Pointe,HRH,RPR+21 nights at OKW With Free DDP.
Snowy-girls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 02:42 PM   #10
jjk

Pete and I wait and watch some lovely baby lizards
I have always booked myself
"Play Up Pompey"

those desserts look great

[/IMG]

2000 Disneyland paris 2003 Ramada inn 2004 Quality inn plaza2005 Cumbrian lakes2006 Emerald Island July and December2007 Emerald Island May and July2008 Emerald Island and Contemporary Resort2009 Saratoga Springs 2010 Animal Kingdom lodge2011HRH Animal KingdomLodge 2012Holiday inn Miami ocean front /Animal Kingdom lodge
jjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 04:04 PM   #11
jns
Tries hard to get the jelly off Jaffa Cakes without breaking it!!!!

another great days report
2007 Animal Kingdom , Disney Magic , Saratoga Springs,NYC
2008 DLRP Santa Fa , Beachclub Villas, Wilderness Lodge ,Disney Magic and New York

2009 BayLake Towers, Beachclub Villas and Disney Wonder 2011 Disney Magic, Mediterranean Cruise, Old Key West2012 Los Vegas, Grand Calf and San Fran 2013 Disney fantasy , Wilderness Lodge and Vero Beach

We now know the secert too!! Trip report 2006 Trip Report 2008 WDW / DCL
jns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 05:13 PM   #12
Boss Hogg
It's 5 o'clock somewhere
Tinky Winky isn't it?!
"How do you fancy it?"

Quote:
Daniel declared it his favourite ride except for ‘Small World because that has better music’.
C'mon the Daniel, IASW is superb

Oh and Joh, as Tam has already mentioned, the sitting down at each world thing - good for drinking
Old 05-02-2008, 05:16 PM   #13
Boss Hogg
It's 5 o'clock somewhere
Tinky Winky isn't it?!
"How do you fancy it?"

Quote:
She did make a comment about the time (2 pm) but I reminded her it was definitely 5 o’clock somewhere.
Now we're cooking on gas, it's ALWAYS 5 'O' CLOCK SOMEWHERE, sing it to me Jimmy....
Old 05-02-2008, 09:49 PM   #14
SusanEllen
DIS Veteran

Thank goodness for Daniel. He certainly kept everyone on track. Look how close you came to calling it a day before getting to the ice cream parlor. Good work, Daniel.
SusanEllen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 01:54 AM   #15
jockey
Repeat after me....I LOVE CROC's, I LOVE CROC's, I LOVE CROC's!!!!!!

Another great day Joh those desserts look yummy! Really enjoying your reports

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: