Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-25-2009, 04:42 PM   #91
katieam1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousehouselover View Post

That cake is amazing!!!! What a special cake!!

Old 03-25-2009, 05:17 PM   #92
kathyfranklin
Mouseketeer

Slipper Cake vs Mini Castle

Can anyone tell me the difference?
Are they both cake? Or are they chocolate, with chocloate mousse?
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-25-2009, 05:30 PM   #93
beattyfamily
DIS Cast Member
Has Oodles of Poodles
And the Tag Fairy wants to hug them all!!

Slipper Cake vs Mini Castle

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathyfranklin View Post
Can anyone tell me the difference?
Are they both cake? Or are they chocolate, with chocloate mousse?
Well, there's a few things you could be talking about.

There's the white chocolate slipper which is filled with mousse. At GF it is served with a chocolate boat filled with mousse (no cake at all). At CRT it is served with mousse in it but on top of angel food cake and served with berries.

Then some people were able to put the white chocolate slipper on a birthday cake.

Then there is the mini wedding cake that has the white chocolate castle on it. This is a cake for one person but two could share it. This is available to order at GF.

Then some people were able to order a bigger birthday cake with a white chocolate castle on it.

Photos of the slipper and the mini wedding cake with the castle on it are in the cake photo thread. There is also a photo of a bigger cake with the mini castle on it (and tinkerbell) and another big cake with the slipper on it.

There are also various photos with the white choco slipper or the white choco castle on various cakes in the original cake thread that's been locked.
Old 03-25-2009, 08:14 PM   #94
lissiesmum
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by beattyfamily View Post
Well, there's a few things you could be talking about.

There's the white chocolate slipper which is filled with mousse. At GF it is served with a chocolate boat filled with mousse (no cake at all). At CRT it is served with mousse in it but on top of angel food cake and served with berries.

Then some people were able to put the white chocolate slipper on a birthday cake.

Then there is the mini wedding cake that has the white chocolate castle on it. This is a cake for one person but two could share it. This is available to order at GF.

Then some people were able to order a bigger birthday cake with a white chocolate castle on it.

Photos of the slipper and the mini wedding cake with the castle on it are in the cake photo thread. There is also a photo of a bigger cake with the mini castle on it (and tinkerbell) and another big cake with the slipper on it.

There are also various photos with the white choco slipper or the white choco castle on various cakes in the original cake thread that's been locked.
thanks for the clarification on the slipper. We'll be dining at both the CRT and the GF and it sounds like the CRT would be more enjoyable with the berries and cake
April 2011 - Easter at the Dolphin, Epcot fireworks view
February 2010 - Polynesian Resort, Tuvalu TPV
April 2009 - Polynesian Resort, Hawaii GV
September 2008, MNSSHP - Wilderness Lodge, Courtyard view

(me 41) (DH 41) (DD 8) (DS 10)
Old 03-26-2009, 11:12 AM   #95
kalliyan1
DIS Veteran

Slipper Dessert

Can someone tell me how to go about ordering the slipper dessert at CRT with the dk chocolate slipper. I've called CRT, MK and CR bakeries and they tell they don't exist.
Old 03-26-2009, 12:33 PM   #96
VanessasMom
Disney Bound!

OK, so I will be there for my dd's 5th birthday and am thinking of getting the basic cake that says happy birthday on it at our table service meal. Do I just ask for it at the podium when I walk up with our ADR number or do I have to order in advance?

If, on the other hand, we decide to get the cake to eat at the resort in the middle of the day--how do I do that? Again, just the basic (cheap) cake.

OKW DVC Owner since 2010
Old 03-26-2009, 12:57 PM   #97
PrincessMomto2
Mouseketeer

Hi everyone,

Just want your opinions on a decision I have to make. I want to surprise my 2 dd's with a slipper desert. We are dining for breakfast at CRT and also at 1900 Park. I think I would like to order the slipper at CRT since it is earlier in our trip but I am a bit hesitant because it is breakfast time. Has anyone ordered it for breakfast? How did it go?

We could get it at 1900 we are going there for dinner but it is our very last night at WDW. I don't know what to do.

What do you guys think?

Breakfast at CRT or 1900 Park Fare for Dinner on our last day?

Thanks~
June 2009 Polynesian (without daddy but with Aunt Andrea)
Aug. 2007 - Polynesian (dd2's first trip.) Feb. 2002 - Polynesian (dd's 5th bday)Nov. 1999 - Polynesian (dd's 1st time)
prev trips - Dixie Landings & Contemporary

Next Trip - in the planning stages and too far away! :sigh:
Old 03-26-2009, 02:17 PM   #98
Disneymomma41304
Mouseketeer

Chef Mickeys

Hello-
I am so new to this but i love this thread!! I can't stop reading it. My son is a HUGE fan of the Monorail and Trains. So I called the cake hotline and the lady who answered put me on hold and asked the head cake decorator. She said that even though they have never done one, they could do a monorail cake!! I am so excited!!! They can only do 10 inch and the base price with nothing added is going to be $50.00. I'll post pictures, we are going April 19th for 5 days!!
Caribbean Beach Resort 2007-March & September
Wilderness Lodge Villas 2008 All Star Movies 2008
Port Orleans Riverside 2009 Caribbean Beach Resort 2009 Port Orleans Riverside 2010Caribbean Beach 2010
Port Orleans Riverside 2011Coronado Springs Resort 2011 CBR May 2011
Old 03-26-2009, 02:22 PM   #99
lilyfrog73
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessMomto2 View Post
Hi everyone,

Just want your opinions on a decision I have to make. I want to surprise my 2 dd's with a slipper desert. We are dining for breakfast at CRT and also at 1900 Park. I think I would like to order the slipper at CRT since it is earlier in our trip but I am a bit hesitant because it is breakfast time. Has anyone ordered it for breakfast? How did it go?

We could get it at 1900 we are going there for dinner but it is our very last night at WDW. I don't know what to do.

What do you guys think?

Breakfast at CRT or 1900 Park Fare for Dinner on our last day?

Thanks~
We leave on Saturday and I ordered DD a slipper for our CRT breakfast on Sunday. I'll let you know how it goes when we return. I was hesitant with doing it at breakfast but thought "what the heck!".
Old 03-26-2009, 03:13 PM   #100
PrincessMomto2
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyfrog73 View Post
We leave on Saturday and I ordered DD a slipper for our CRT breakfast on Sunday. I'll let you know how it goes when we return. I was hesitant with doing it at breakfast but thought "what the heck!".

Those are my feelings right now... let me know how it goes! Have a great trip!
June 2009 Polynesian (without daddy but with Aunt Andrea)
Aug. 2007 - Polynesian (dd2's first trip.) Feb. 2002 - Polynesian (dd's 5th bday)Nov. 1999 - Polynesian (dd's 1st time)
prev trips - Dixie Landings & Contemporary

Next Trip - in the planning stages and too far away! :sigh:
Old 03-26-2009, 06:43 PM   #101
kathyfranklin
Mouseketeer

Number for the CRT slipper cake?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyfrog73 View Post
You are the best Mom! Breakfast in the castle and dessert with breakfast!

Can you tell me the number you called? I'd like to order the slipper cake at CRT, too.
Old 03-27-2009, 02:06 PM   #102
billysmommy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneymomma41304 View Post
Hello-
I am so new to this but i love this thread!! I can't stop reading it. My son is a HUGE fan of the Monorail and Trains. So I called the cake hotline and the lady who answered put me on hold and asked the head cake decorator. She said that even though they have never done one, they could do a monorail cake!! I am so excited!!! They can only do 10 inch and the base price with nothing added is going to be $50.00. I'll post pictures, we are going April 19th for 5 days!!
Oooh ~ I can't wait to see a pic of this one!!!!! My boys would flip
Old 03-27-2009, 02:43 PM   #103
bouncycat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneymomma41304 View Post
Hello-
OMG!!! I want this now!! DS LOVES the monorail!! Are you getting it delivered to your resort, or to a dinner adr? CAN you get it delivered to a resort ADR???? We got an ADR at Kona for DH's birthday, and I planned on one cake for DH and DS, that would be PERFECT!!! Did you get your choice of fillings or colors?

Old 03-27-2009, 03:19 PM   #104
vacationbug
Mouseketeer

Any ideas for a teen HS graduation cake?

Obviously a teen is (cough, cough ) more "sophisticated" and he doesn't particularly care for the "cutesy" type themes being a "regular guy", but I'd like to have a little bit of a sweet treat to acknowledge this milestone!

Anybody out there with any design ideas? We have dinner planned at YSH

TIA!
Old 03-27-2009, 04:54 PM   #105
lindseynleah
Mouseketeer

I hope someone can help me out...We are going 11/28/09 to 12/5/09 and I am planning on our first night at 1900 Park Fare for dinner. I wanted to celebrate my husband's and I 10 year anniversary with a cake. I know what I want, the fondant covered, 6 inch with silver mickey heads stamped on it and maybe some purple flowers on top.....Since we will be dining here, do I just call Grand Floridian two weeks or so before we go to have this ordered...

Thanks everyone!!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: