Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 03-21-2009, 10:09 AM   #61
AmyMama2AvaNtheo
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 223

Thanks for sharing pics of the slipper dessert! Its not cake though, right?

I would love to order something special for our trip, but my son has an egg allergy and unless they can make an egg free cake for us we might need to bring in something ourself (if thats an option)

Anyone ever dealt with allergies and the cake hotline?
__________________
~AMY~ Proud Navy Wife to Erich Mom to Ava (8) Theo (6) and Spencer (2)

Previous Trips ...
*2003 CR (multiple trips)
*2004 offsite
*2009 Coronado Springs
** Planning a trip to Aulani
AmyMama2AvaNtheo is offline  
Old 03-21-2009, 11:26 AM   #62
DiamondDiva305
Mouseketeer
 
DiamondDiva305's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Miami, Florida
Posts: 422

Help with cake order

I will be traveling in May with me and four of my friends and 3 kids one of my friends will be celebrating her 26th birthday and my friend daugther will be celebrating her 8th birthday. I wanted to order 2 different cake but dont know where to start. We are not staying onsite but we will be eating onsite can someone please help or point me in the right direction. Thanks in advance
__________________


DiamondDiva305 is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 03-21-2009, 12:21 PM   #63
Addicted to Dopey
Newt's Posse
 
Addicted to Dopey's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 282

Cakes on the Cruise??

Hi all! I'm not sure if this is the right place to post or not, but here it goes...I'm going to be going on the Podcast cruise in May with my mom and my moms best friend's family....we are going to be on the cruise for Mother's Day and i was wondering if anyone knew if it was possible to have a special cake ordered on the cruise???

Any help would be most appreciated!
__________________
Addicted to Dopey is offline  
Old 03-21-2009, 12:30 PM   #64
Colleen27
DIS Veteran
 
Colleen27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Michigan
Posts: 16,283

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousehouselover View Post
I think the Pixar thing is a licensing issue just like the the Pooh charaters. It wouldn't hurt to ask when you call though because as we all know, those things can change. If you do a search and find something, copy it and send it to them as an idea but keep in mind they problaby have stock pictures and will most likely chose something from stock so it may be a bit different. Have fun hunting!
I'm pretty sure the Pixar thing has changed. On the old cake thread there were Cars and Nemo cakes posted, IIRC. Absolutely call and ask, because I really think the "no Pixar" rule is outdated.
__________________
~~**Colleen & Crew**~~
POR 10/05 ~ BC 08/07 ~ WL 01/08 ~ CBR 12/09 ~ POP 03/11 TR/ DR
POP 1/12 TR ~ ASSp 5/12 ~ CSR 3/13 ~ POP 4/13 ~ ASMu 12/13

Tickerless once more...Kid-free trip on hold until fall 2014
How a Year Off Became a Year of Disney Magic! PTR
My Training Blog - From Fluffy to Fit: A Pooh Sized Runner's Quest to Run Disney
Colleen27 is offline  
Old 03-24-2009, 09:57 AM   #65
lilyfrog73
Mouseketeer
 
lilyfrog73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Central NY
Posts: 355

I just ordered DD a cake from Pop to pick up in the food court. It's an 8 inch vanilla cake with white chocolate filling and white chocolate frosting. It's going to be around $30. I'll post picks on the other thread when we get home.
__________________
Me(Tanya) DH(Shelby) DD(Macie) DS(Cameron)
3/28/09 - 4/4/09 Pop Century 1st trip
5/7/13 - 5/15/13 Caribbean Beach Resort
lilyfrog73 is offline  
Old 03-24-2009, 10:08 AM   #66
BreTyPres87
Mouseketeer
 
BreTyPres87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Maryland
Posts: 364

The Cinderella cake had a really cool egg toy looking thing (I have boys I'm not up on these things anymore )I just read it was provided if I send a special toy will they put it on, I was thinking maybe an actual mickey car or if the pixar thing is old a lightning mcqueen toy or does it have to be a real topper?
__________________
Me Ty (8) and P (6)

Last trip June 2010
Read my DxDDP Dining Report Here

Next trip is in the works for Winter 2014

Last edited by BreTyPres87; 03-24-2009 at 10:15 AM.
BreTyPres87 is offline  
Old 03-24-2009, 10:25 AM   #67
bouncycat
DIS Veteran
 
bouncycat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: San Diego CA
Posts: 3,066

I have a cake question....I have an ADR for DH on his birthday at Kona's, I guess I can call the cake hotline, and see what all they need, do you have to provide cc info upfront, or pay for it when you get it that night? Also, can they make a grumpy cake? He LOVES grumpy!!!!! We'll have 5 of us that night, and I don't want the usual frozen stuff!! I can get him a mickey cake to share with DS, his birthday is the day after DH's!! So I can do one for BOTH of them I guess, then take the leftovers back to the resort. I have plenty of time, so any info I can get would be very nice. I just want to make this a very nice birthday for DH, since next year he'll be 40, and my dad will embarrass him very badly!! HAHAHA
__________________
Christie Proud Coast Guard Chief's Wife!!
Who said turning 40 has to be a bad thing?? http://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post47171449

bouncycat is offline  
Old 03-24-2009, 01:02 PM   #68
tarheelmjfan
Proud Redhead
Does anyone have any more secrets to add?
 
tarheelmjfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Florida
Posts: 8,005

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreTyPres87 View Post
The Cinderella cake had a really cool egg toy looking thing (I have boys I'm not up on these things anymore )I just read it was provided if I send a special toy will they put it on, I was thinking maybe an actual mickey car or if the pixar thing is old a lightning mcqueen toy or does it have to be a real topper?
I can't answer your specific question, but can offer another suggestion. For our DS's cake, we brought a #1 & #7 candle. (He's always had the #s, & we wanted to keep the tradition.) My DH walked over to catch our server coming out of the kitchen, & gave them to her. She put them on the cake, before bringing it to the table. If you're going to bring something fairly large, I would have them note that, so they can leave a place for it on the cake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bouncycat View Post
I have a cake question....I have an ADR for DH on his birthday at Kona's, I guess I can call the cake hotline, and see what all they need, do you have to provide cc info upfront, or pay for it when you get it that night? Also, can they make a grumpy cake? He LOVES grumpy!!!!! We'll have 5 of us that night, and I don't want the usual frozen stuff!! I can get him a mickey cake to share with DS, his birthday is the day after DH's!! So I can do one for BOTH of them I guess, then take the leftovers back to the resort. I have plenty of time, so any info I can get would be very nice. I just want to make this a very nice birthday for DH, since next year he'll be 40, and my dad will embarrass him very badly!! HAHAHA


We had to give a CC #, but they didn't charge us until we got the cake. My DS's cake had Dumbo on it, so Grumpy shouldn't be a problem. It was an edible image. We ordered his from the Epcot, cake line, & it was a big disappointment. Hopefully, yours will be better.
__________________
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(USO)
(")_(")


tarheelmjfan is offline  
Old 03-24-2009, 01:27 PM   #69
bouncycat
DIS Veteran
 
bouncycat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: San Diego CA
Posts: 3,066

I think I might just go with a 10" with their names on it, and HB of course, chocolate with the chocolate peanut butter filling...that's what I'm leaning towards at this moment, that could change!! HAHA I just hope they can deliver it to our dinner place!!
__________________
Christie Proud Coast Guard Chief's Wife!!
Who said turning 40 has to be a bad thing?? http://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post47171449

bouncycat is offline  
Old 03-24-2009, 02:39 PM   #70
lilyfrog73
Mouseketeer
 
lilyfrog73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Central NY
Posts: 355

For the slipper dessert at CRT, I didn't realize there was chocolate and white chocolate. I have only ever seen the white chocolate until this thread. I ordered one yesterday but just said the chocolate slipper dessert. Which one do you think I will get? I hate to call back and be a pain in the butt.
__________________
Me(Tanya) DH(Shelby) DD(Macie) DS(Cameron)
3/28/09 - 4/4/09 Pop Century 1st trip
5/7/13 - 5/15/13 Caribbean Beach Resort
lilyfrog73 is offline  
Old 03-24-2009, 02:42 PM   #71
beattyfamily
DIS Cast Member
Has Oodles of Poodles
And the Tag Fairy wants to hug them all!!
 
beattyfamily's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Posts: 24,155

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyfrog73 View Post
For the slipper dessert at CRT, I didn't realize there was chocolate and white chocolate. I have only ever seen the white chocolate until this thread. I ordered one yesterday but just said the chocolate slipper dessert. Which one do you think I will get? I hate to call back and be a pain in the butt.
From what I've read most people get the white chocolate slipper and the dark chocolate one was a complete surprise to all that received it and a rare occurance.

Not sure if you can call and request one or the other or if its up to them.
beattyfamily is offline  
Old 03-24-2009, 02:47 PM   #72
lilyfrog73
Mouseketeer
 
lilyfrog73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Central NY
Posts: 355

Quote:
Originally Posted by beattyfamily View Post
From what I've read most people get the white chocolate slipper and the dark chocolate one was a complete surprise to all that received it and a rare occurance.

Not sure if you can call and request one or the other or if its up to them.
Thanks for the quick response! This is a surprise for DD and I think I'll just see which one she gets. She likes both so it won't be a big deal.
__________________
Me(Tanya) DH(Shelby) DD(Macie) DS(Cameron)
3/28/09 - 4/4/09 Pop Century 1st trip
5/7/13 - 5/15/13 Caribbean Beach Resort
lilyfrog73 is offline  
Old 03-24-2009, 05:08 PM   #73
shadowryter
DISNEYHOLIC
 
shadowryter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Rutland, MA
Posts: 5,768

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addicted to Dopey View Post
Hi all! I'm not sure if this is the right place to post or not, but here it goes...I'm going to be going on the Podcast cruise in May with my mom and my moms best friend's family....we are going to be on the cruise for Mother's Day and i was wondering if anyone knew if it was possible to have a special cake ordered on the cruise???

Any help would be most appreciated!
Hi Addicted to Dopey,
I 'd really like to know this too. I inquired on the DCL boards and was told that they have a standard "square" cake, that has a chocolate celebration sign on it. Not very pretty, just okay. I'm not sure if they have anything special like the bakeries in the parks and resorts do but I'm looking for something spectalular for DH and mine's 20th anniversary. Maybe someone here or there can help us.
__________________
shadowryter is offline  
Old 03-24-2009, 05:31 PM   #74
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania
 
goofy4tink's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Central Ma
Posts: 47,789
DISboards Moderator


This is a cake I got at the YC....sadly I didn't know my step-granddaughter was allergic to strawberries, it had strawberries in the filling.


This one was for my dd's 13th birthday....GF Cafe. Very yummy.

The Nemo one was about $100, about a year ago; the Tink one was $85, in '06.
__________________



goofy4tink is offline  
Old 03-24-2009, 06:06 PM   #75
d1sneyf4n
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: nj
Posts: 847

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4tink View Post

This is a cake I got at the YC....sadly I didn't know my step-granddaughter was allergic to strawberries, it had strawberries in the filling.


This one was for my dd's 13th birthday....GF Cafe. Very yummy.

The Nemo one was about $100, about a year ago; the Tink one was $85, in '06.
Is Tinker Bell white chocolate or can you not eat it?
__________________
Me DH DD : DS DD
d1sneyf4n is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The 2009 Vero Beach Adoration and INFO thread MiaSRN62 DVC-Mousecellaneous 1502 01-18-2010 07:38 PM
The *ALL NEW* Polynesian Resort FAQ thread - *APRIL 2009* SeaSpray Disney Resorts 3773 09-22-2009 04:15 PM
Show Your Face Thread soccercruiser87 Teen Disney 3242 07-02-2009 09:33 PM
10/24/2009 Bash On the Boat (I'm with B.O.B.) Thread 23 JLDSMD Disney Cruise Meets 3717 06-14-2009 10:43 PM

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:45 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: