Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-19-2009, 12:35 PM   #46
JKSWonder
Twelve plus trips and counting

I'm not sure what I should do...should I order a cake for my daughter or not?

We are having dinner at CRT for her birthday in about a week! I was just going to do one of those cakes you can order when you get there....now I'm not sure. I'm sure my daughter will be happy with anything (she will be 8) as all cake is the same to her, I think.

There will be seven of us, 4 adults and 3 kids.
Old 03-19-2009, 01:05 PM   #47
tarheelmjfan
Proud Redhead
Does anyone have any more secrets to add?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtsWife View Post
I just ordered a cake from CSR for my honeymoon (2 years after being married). And it's a simple cake - double chocolate for $20. I will have pics after we get back! Hope it's good. And they are putting it in our room before we get there *surprise for the DH*
Don't be disappointed, if it's not in your room, when you arrive. They usually won't put anything in your room, until you've checked in. Just a friendly warning.
(")_(")

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-19-2009, 01:32 PM   #48
Tori0681
Can't wait to celebrate Christmas with Mickey!

Question Coral Reef Celebration Cake

Ok, sorry if this is a stupid question or one that has been asked over and over...this is my first post! My fiance and I will be at WDW for our honeymoon in May and our last night there we have ADR for Coral Reef. I would love for them to bring out a special cake as a surprise for my fiance (guess he will be husband then ) to make the last night of our honeymoon extra special! I just wanted to make sure I have this right...do I just call Coral Reef and tell them that I would like to place an order for a celebration cake for the date and time of our ADR? Is there anything else that I need to make sure to tell them? Do you get to pick the flavors and stuff? I don't want a cake that just looks like I went to the local grocery store bakery and picked up a pre-made cake out of the cooler! I may be trying to make this way harder than it seems to be, maybe my brain is just fried from all this wedding planning stress! Thanks in advance for your help!
Old 03-19-2009, 01:35 PM   #49
Tricia1972
I love late night snacks
Libra who loves peace and harmony

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tori0681 View Post
Ok, sorry if this is a stupid question or one that has been asked over and over...this is my first post! My fiance and I will be at WDW for our honeymoon in May and our last night there we have ADR for Coral Reef. I would love for them to bring out a special cake as a surprise for my fiance (guess he will be husband then ) to make the last night of our honeymoon extra special! I just wanted to make sure I have this right...do I just call Coral Reef and tell them that I would like to place an order for a celebration cake for the date and time of our ADR? Is there anything else that I need to make sure to tell them? Do you get to pick the flavors and stuff? I don't want a cake that just looks like I went to the local grocery store bakery and picked up a pre-made cake out of the cooler! I may be trying to make this way harder than it seems to be, maybe my brain is just fried from all this wedding planning stress! Thanks in advance for your help!

Welcome to the Dis!

If you check out the first post it lists the Cake Hotline number, which is the number to call for your cake requests. Many have sent photos of sample cakes to Disney and they have replicated cakes for them.

As for flavors, there is some wiggle room there, just call the cake hotline and let them know what you want. They'll help you wade through all of this.
Old 03-19-2009, 01:51 PM   #50
Tricia1972
I love late night snacks
Libra who loves peace and harmony

DISboards Moderator

Just to make sure that nobody's pictures get lost when moving them out of the chatter thread and into the gallery, here are links to the posts that have been moved already.

Lurky Loo’s 6” Anniversary Cake (wedding cake replica) http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=30802188&postcount=2

Colleen27’s Birthday Cake Yellow cake, strawberries in custard filling with white buttercream frosting http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=30826056&postcount=3

4orm’s mini wedding cakes (through the years). White/yellow cakes with buttercream frosting http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=30829609&postcount=4

Goofygal531’s Cinderella Castle Mini Cake. Cheesecake with white frosting. Very Small. http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=30830790&postcount=5

Goofygal531’2 Chocolate with Chocolate Mickey Mouse cake – requested at podium (Crystal Palace) http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=30830876&postcount=6

Myhappythought5’s Marble birthday cake with chocolate frosting http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=30864581&postcount=9

Cinderella cake, link also listed above. http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...5&postcount=10

Hope this helps keeps things straight, this is a work in progress and we are open to suggestions.

Old 03-19-2009, 02:07 PM   #51
Tori0681

Thanks Tricia! This whole trip planning thing makes me nervous! I'm doing most, well really all, of the planning since my fiance has never been to WDW before and I want to make sure it is a very special experience since it is our honeymoon and his first trip! Is it too early to call now or should I wait until right before we leave?

May 24-31, 2009 - Our Honeymoon and DH First Trip POP; Nov 28-Dec 1, 2010 All Star Sports
Old 03-19-2009, 03:18 PM   #52
Tori0681

Sorry! I have one more question! Does anyone know if they will deliver a special cake to a diner show? We will be going to The Spirit of Aloha Diner Show at the Polynesian Resort one night and I was just thinking that it might be pretty neat to have the cake there!

May 24-31, 2009 - Our Honeymoon and DH First Trip POP; Nov 28-Dec 1, 2010 All Star Sports
Old 03-19-2009, 05:21 PM   #53
Pumbaa_
Hakuna Matata!
My first attempts at gravy required slicing
It probably got lost in the scrolling

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Thanks Tricia! This whole trip planning thing makes me nervous! I'm doing most, well really all, of the planning since my fiance has never been to WDW before and I want to make sure it is a very special experience since it is our honeymoon and his first trip! Is it too early to call now or should I wait until right before we leave?
The general rule has been about 2 weeks before the date of the event

Have a great time!
Old 03-19-2009, 05:28 PM   #54
Pumbaa_
Hakuna Matata!
My first attempts at gravy required slicing
It probably got lost in the scrolling

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Sorry! I have one more question! Does anyone know if they will deliver a special cake to a diner show? We will be going to The Spirit of Aloha Diner Show at the Polynesian Resort one night and I was just thinking that it might be pretty neat to have the cake there!
I believe they do - keep in mind that the dinner has been cancelled for inclement weather..just something to keep in mind
Old 03-19-2009, 07:57 PM   #55
mousehouselover
Your life is an occasion; rise to it. - Mr. Magorium

Location: My dream came true! I live 35 minutes away from my happy place!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreTyPres87 View Post
That Cinderella Cake is AMAZING!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleStinkerbelle View Post
Wow, that Cinderella cake is amazing!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3prettyprincesses View Post
Holy Cow! That cake is AMAZING! It's looks beautiful and has my favorite character, Cinderella!

Hmmm, we're going in October, wonder if I could get that cake for my girls?
Since that was my cake and design idea, I'll happily say "Thanks!" The staff at CRT was still talking about it when I picked up the left overs at dinner time.

The images are a photo capture and transfer. I don't see why they can't do this with almost any movie. Keep in mind though, I paid $6 per image They chose to do 5 images, which was fine. Like I stated before, I had specific ideas for the cake and took the time to draw them out so the chef knew what I was looking for. Since we've had this over the top fantastic cake, it will be hard to just order the mini castle cake and slipper dessert for DD's b-day this year.

~*~DH~*~Noni~*~DD1~*~DD2~*~DS~*~Life with three teenagers: definately not for the faint of heart!
My Dreams came true: We moved to Central FL 11/09**I can visit WDW anytime and share the magic with those I love!
Most recent and upcoming: My first cruise: 4 days on Disney's Dream 9/30/12; a Magical birthday adventure being planned by DH 10/15-20/12; Be Our Guest ADR for 12/1/12 An exciting development: there's a CM in the family!! I can see even more Disney magic in my future!!
Old 03-20-2009, 06:53 PM   #56
lissiesmum
DIS Veteran

the slipper dessert

Hi all! I've been looking over the multiple food and cake threads and I can't find the info I happened upon...I thought I read somewhere that the slipper dessert can be purchased at either CRT or at the GF. I also thought I remembered reading that they were a little different depending on the place. Could someone clarify and if you know the current price, that would be great. TIA for your help
April 2011 - Easter at the Dolphin, Epcot fireworks view
February 2010 - Polynesian Resort, Tuvalu TPV
April 2009 - Polynesian Resort, Hawaii GV
September 2008, MNSSHP - Wilderness Lodge, Courtyard view

(me 41) (DH 41) (DD 8) (DS 10)
Old 03-21-2009, 07:29 AM   #57
BreTyPres87
Mouseketeer

I want my DS's cake to have a picture of Mickey in a car- he likes Mickey he likes cars but someone said they don't do Pixar so the next best thing plus he won't notice
If I find an image on google or somewhere else will they be able to use this for my cake?

Last trip June 2010
Read my DxDDP Dining Report Here

Next trip is in the works for Winter 2014
Old 03-21-2009, 08:58 AM   #58
mousehouselover
Your life is an occasion; rise to it. - Mr. Magorium

Location: My dream came true! I live 35 minutes away from my happy place!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreTyPres87 View Post
I want my DS's cake to have a picture of Mickey in a car- he likes Mickey he likes cars but someone said they don't do Pixar so the next best thing plus he won't notice
If I find an image on google or somewhere else will they be able to use this for my cake?

I think the Pixar thing is a licensing issue just like the the Pooh charaters. It wouldn't hurt to ask when you call though because as we all know, those things can change. If you do a search and find something, copy it and send it to them as an idea but keep in mind they problaby have stock pictures and will most likely chose something from stock so it may be a bit different. Have fun hunting!

~*~DH~*~Noni~*~DD1~*~DD2~*~DS~*~Life with three teenagers: definately not for the faint of heart!
My Dreams came true: We moved to Central FL 11/09**I can visit WDW anytime and share the magic with those I love!
Most recent and upcoming: My first cruise: 4 days on Disney's Dream 9/30/12; a Magical birthday adventure being planned by DH 10/15-20/12; Be Our Guest ADR for 12/1/12 An exciting development: there's a CM in the family!! I can see even more Disney magic in my future!!
Old 03-21-2009, 09:33 AM   #59
SRUAlmn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousehouselover View Post
I think the Pixar thing is a licensing issue just like the the Pooh charaters. It wouldn't hurt to ask when you call though because as we all know, those things can change. If you do a search and find something, copy it and send it to them as an idea but keep in mind they problaby have stock pictures and will most likely chose something from stock so it may be a bit different. Have fun hunting!
Hi! I know this is soooo OT, but how did you get the little Disney people in your signature? I have those on my car and would love to put them in my sig. Thanks And sorry for being OT
Old 03-21-2009, 09:51 AM   #60
jb01
DIS Veteran

Wow I sure am hungry after seeing all the great pics.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: