Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-26-2009, 07:54 PM   #1501
KNCJM
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by erinlees_mommie View Post
We are just a few weeks out from our trip and I am wondering what is the best way to do a Birthday cake for DD.
She will be turning 5 but we plan on being in the park all day long.
I want to have something special for her in our room but didn't know how to go about this.
It is just her,me,my husband and mother going on this trip.So I didn't want anything huge.
We are at the Caribbean Beach Resort.
Any suggestions?

Thanks
I am watching this thread for the above question. We are celebrating our DD 14th birthday at Carribean Beach Resort and wanted to surprise her that evening. Especially since we are just doing the Quick Service Plan so we are not doing a TS that night.
Old 07-26-2009, 08:36 PM   #1502
amberg@eastlink.ca
DIS Veteran

to the two previous posters, you could always have a welcome package sent to your room through the disney florist. they have a huge selection and do in room celebrations. there's also a lady that's a disser on here that does them as well. i'm sorry i dont have the links perhaps someone else can post them.

just incase you don't want to go the cake route.

1985- off site1986- off site2003- off site2004- off site2005- allstar movies!2009- allstar movies!-tenth wedding anny trip! 2010 split stay! asmovies andwl! 2011-bay lake(feb) 2011 ssr(may) 2011 bay lake(dec)
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-26-2009, 09:41 PM   #1503
Liljam
So NOT a Princess!

I'm trying to understand this correctly so I know someone here should have the right answer - we don't plan to eat at any of the restaurants where we would have the option of having the cake we want brought to our table. I am certain that GF and BW do not deliver cakes to THV where we are going to be staying because this was definitely verified when I talked to someone on the hotline (I think it was GF Bakery not sure) and others have confirmed it here. I thought the lady on the phone said that we could go to the bakery and pick our cake up but I thought I read here that we could not pick a cake up from GFB. Can someone confirm whether we will or will not be able to go to GFB or BWB and pick up a cake. We are planning to get either the mad hatter style cake or something like the star wars fondant Mickey that was posted here with a POTC theme - we do not want one of the podium cakes with the picture printed on them. TIA

Old 07-26-2009, 10:12 PM   #1504
Sandy321
Crazy enough to want to do another Half Marathon!
If it were all about me? - I'd go with the Princesses!!

there seems to be so many different opinions - I'll 2nd the call disney florist!

http://www.disneyflorist.com/categor...rthday/display

after debating, I decided that the cake prices were just sky rocketing, and the restaurants we go to give free cupcakes! So I went with the candy "cake" BIG hit - its delivered to your room! (after you check in - )

for $30 they do a "snack package" candy, pop (I always call and ask for non caffeine pop!) and I add a mylar balloon!! its always been a hit here!

The Boardwalk Bakery (when you go to Epcot - go out thru the International Gateway and head towards Boardwalk on your left, pass ESPN zone! or take the boat from Disney Studios to the Boardwalk!) You can get a cake there "to go" - lovely cakes for your room... I went to the dollar store and got a plastic table cloth to put on the Pop table - and had brought plastic knives, forks and I brought napkins and plates!! splendid - and it didnt cost almost $100! (at $25 the custom cakes were worth it at $40 for our family - its pushing it - - everyone gets to decide!)

Last edited by Sandy321; 07-27-2009 at 04:41 PM.
Old 07-27-2009, 03:07 PM   #1505
lurkyloo
The Attic was just perfect
OK, apparently I've been living under a rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibouncetoo View Post

HEY..what are the between the layers filling choices for a custom cake...can't remember....
This is a list of the flavors available for Disney wedding cakes made at the Grand Floridian. The selection varies at other resort bakeries, but at least it gives you some idea of what the GF Bakery can do.

Cake Flavors
Vanilla
Chocolate
Marble
Carrot
Red Velvet
Lemon
Orange
Almond

Filling Flavors
White Chocolate Mousse
Dark Chocolate Mousse
Milk Chocolate Mousse
Raspberry Mousse
Orange Mousse
Amaretto Mousse
Strawberry Mousse
Passion Fruit Mousse
German Chocolate
Buttercream
Cream Cheese
Peanut Butter
Peanut Butter Cup (chocolate and peanut butter mousses layered together)
Bavarian Cream
Bailey's Mousse
Blackberry Mousse
Mocha Mousse
Fresh Strawberries
Fresh Raspberries
White Chocolate Mousse with Fresh Strawberries
Bavarian Cream with Fresh Strawberries
Passion Fruit Mousse with Fresh Raspberries
Dark Chocolate Mousse with Fresh Raspberries
Strawberry Mousse with Fresh Strawberries
Raspberry Mousse with Fresh Raspberries

Quote:
Originally Posted by divanicki75 View Post
Is there anything you don't know about Disney? lol I don't think we've ever 'talked' on here, but I've seen many of your posts... PS- your wedding cake was the coolest EVER!
THANKS, Lurkyloo, for the advice... I'll pick from those 3 restaurants for my bday lunch and we'll do CP another day.
yellow or vanilla... I don't care as long as it's not chocolate...

So, I guess CP will have to move to Breakfast so we can do one of those 3 hotels for lunch
You are too kind! There is a TON about Disney I don't know - anybody wanna help me figure out how to see all of Disney's various Christmas celebrations in just a week?

I'm glad you've been able to figure out a game plan for the cake, and I hope you'll share pictures here with us!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liljam View Post
Can someone confirm whether we will or will not be able to go to GFB or BWB and pick up a cake. We are planning to get either the mad hatter style cake or something like the star wars fondant Mickey that was posted here with a POTC theme - we do not want one of the podium cakes with the picture printed on them. TIA
You can pick up a specialty cake at the BoardWalk Bakery as long as you call ahead to order it - I'd say to give them at least 2 weeks' notice.
Old 07-27-2009, 03:31 PM   #1506
WendyisDarling
DIS Veteran

Placed my cake order today. The cost will be added to our dinner bill.
We are planning to use TIW discount. Any chance that will apply to the cake, too?

Yeah, I'm probably dreaming .
Old 07-27-2009, 04:32 PM   #1507
sabrecmc
DIS Veteran

Yes, the TiW discount will apply to your cake as well. However, the 20% tip will apply to your cake too.

This is kind of how it worked for us:

Dinner $165
Cake $80
Total: $245 excluding tip
Less 20%: $196
Plus 20% tip on $245 ($49): $245 including tip

That isn't exactly right because of tax, I suppose, but anyway, it worked out to have the bill before the discount be right about the total of the bill after the discount that included tip (it wasn't exact, but close). So, essentially, it saved me the tip, but the tip was a lot bigger because it included the cost of the cake. If I'd insisted the cake be rung up separately, I could've probably saved $20 or so, but I really wasn't going to be *that* guest. We were thrilled with our cake and our server, so it wasn't a problem. If you didn't like your sever, I'm sure it would be different, lol.
Old 07-27-2009, 05:37 PM   #1508
xxliz28xx
Jersey girl by birth, Floridian by heart

Has anyone else called back to confirm their order to make sure everything is correct? Since we don't get confirmation numbes or have to put down a CC, I'm worried it won't be there anymore since I placed the order at exactly 2 weeks before we eat. I'm probably nervous for nothing!

Walt Disney World Food Photos
Walt Disney World Food Photos Part 2
Walt Disney World Food Photos Part 3
Old 07-27-2009, 05:44 PM   #1509
lurkyloo
The Attic was just perfect
OK, apparently I've been living under a rock

I think calling to confirm is a good idea! Every once in a while you hear about a restaurant not being able to find a cake order, so it couldn't hurt.
Old 07-27-2009, 05:54 PM   #1510
Conservative Hippie
You seem somewhat familiar. Have I threatened you before?
My DH is a nuclear physicist...can you say weirdo???

I ordered my cake about a week and a half ahead of our date and did not call back to confirm. I was going to and just forgot about it. The cake turned out perfect!
Me ~*~DH ~*~DD (6) ~*~DS (3) ~*~#3 (due 3/8/14)
4 WDW vacations from 2003-2006~*~450 days spent at WDW since 2007~*~2 DCL Cruises since 2011

Old 07-27-2009, 05:56 PM   #1511
MyPrinceCame
Can't wait to bring Sugar Man to WDW

Ordered a cake today

It was so easy and the girl I talked to was super nice. We are leaving next monday . We are going with family and while we are there my MIL and my niece will have a birthday so we are also going to celebrate my son's second birthday (it's at the end of the month) there too. The night we eat at Coral Reef in Epcot I got a cake since he loves fish I thought he would love it. Only bummer is they only offer 2 flavors. It was either chocolate or vanilla. I got an 8 inch cake with a Nemo and friends picture on time and it will be personalized it was $32 not too bad. I'm excited! The other options there are the 6 inch cake w/o personalization and a Mickey Mouse head. Can't wait to see it and eat it!
Old 07-27-2009, 06:56 PM   #1512
WendyisDarling
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabrecmc View Post
Yes, the TiW discount will apply to your cake as well. However, the 20% tip will apply to your cake too.

Dinner $165
Cake $80

That isn't exactly right because of tax, I suppose, but anyway, it worked out to have the bill before the discount be right about the total of the bill after the discount that included tip (it wasn't exact, but close). So, essentially, it saved me the tip, but the tip was a lot bigger because it included the cost of the cake. If I'd insisted the cake be rung up separately, I could've probably saved $20 or so, but I really wasn't going to be *that* guest. We were thrilled with our cake and our server, so it wasn't a problem. If you didn't like your sever, I'm sure it would be different, lol.
Thanks. As I thought about it, I figured I would need to pay a grat. for the cake. Oh, well. At least I'm not paying full price AND grat. on top of that.
Old 07-27-2009, 07:20 PM   #1513
ibouncetoo
I get excited by the little things!
I follow directions well!!!
I'm not allowed to buy any more craft supplies till I actually MAKE something LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabrecmc View Post

Dinner $165
Cake $80

I thought it was an 18% automatic tip?

The tip (whatever % it is) is on the total bill. The tax (6.5%) is on the amount after the TITW discount (and before tip is added, of course).

Jackie '99-01AllStar Movies 02-03Many trips DLR '03 Nov AKL/Swan 04 April POFQ Oct offsite/Dolphin 05 Jan POP/WL,3DLR Nov POFQ/Wonder/POP 06 2DLR, Nov Magic DD 07 May DLR Dec SSR/Wonder 08 April DLR May Magic-WBPC Sept DLR 09 Sept WDW/Magic-Tortola Nov DLR 10 Jan Magic-Western, April EBTA 11 Jan 2Day Wonder April LA Repo/Alaska Nov Dream B2B 12 Wonder-Hawaii Dec Fantasy-SanJuan 13 2x DLR, Nov Dream 4 day

Old 07-27-2009, 08:23 PM   #1514
yolie912
DIS Veteran

Oh No...did I do something wrong....I ordered my cake 1 month in advance....Please give me advise???

Thanks
Old 07-27-2009, 08:32 PM   #1515
Nicole786
DIS Veteran

I am staying at the AKL will I have the same cake options there as I do at the GF restaurants or do I call AKL directly?

Next Trip: September 25, 2014!
Universal's Royal Pacific Resort & Animal Kingdom Lodge!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: