Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-29-2008, 07:38 PM   #1
WebmasterAlex
DIS Veteran

DISboards Administrator

To the many people that have made their "first" post

I have seen many people say this was their "first" post, that they were basically lurkers or from people that hardly ever posted but did now.
Bawb would have liked that

webmasteralex@wdwinfo.com
No Tag, No Signature.....no Need
WebmasterAlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 07:43 PM   #2
dpuck1998
I'm innocent I tell you...innocent! I've been framed!

Worlds second largest Miami Dolphin fan

As do us regulars. What a great way to remember and share stories and make new friends. Welcome newbies and hello regulars. The silver lining lies within us and making this a place that would make Bawb proud.

Aug03'Yacht Club Concierge;Feb04'OKW;Oct04'Poly;Jan05'SSR;Jan06'SoG;April06'BCV/RPR;Jan07'BCV;
March07'Cruis'en;Sept07'HRH/MNSSHP;Dec07'Xmas@BCV;June08'VWL;May09'AKV/Podcast Cruise;Dec09'BCV/AKV for Xmas
April10'POR
dpuck1998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 07:50 PM   #3
Renysmom
Just wondering what is going on
Something has to pay for my WDW trips LOL

Alex -

How are you doing? I know alot of the emphasis has been on the voices of the podcast but please know we are thinking each of you and wish there was a easier way for us to take away your pain.

WDW Oct 2005--WDW Dec 2006-- WDW Dec 2007--WDW/Wonder Cruise Oct 2008--WDW March 2009--WDW July 2009--WDW Oct 2009 -- Magic Western Cruise Nov 2009--WDW Dec 2009--WDW Aug 2010--WDW/Wonder Cruise Dec 2010--WDW April 2011--WDW Aug 2011--WDW/Dream Oct 2011--WDW Dec 2011--WDW April 2012--Fantasy Eastern Oct 2012-- WDW May 2013 -- Fantasy Western Sept 2014
Renysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 08:07 PM   #4
DisneyBryan
Earning My Ears

While this is not my very first post, it is close. I made my first post on this board about a week ago. And I came to these boards from the podcast (a long time listener and lurker and finally came out of the shadows). I am just so saddened by this loss. But how wonderful it is to be among friends here who get it.
DisneyBryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 09:00 PM   #5
dizneedoll
Curioser and Curioser

Thank you so much Alex, for taking the time to make new posters and those of us that don't post as often feel welcome to join in and grieve with the rest of you. It really is a testament to how many lives Bob touched that so many are now posting.

1975 Contemporary-- 1995 Polynesian-- 2004 Wildreness Lodge-- 2005 Port Orleans French Quarter-- 2009 Port Orleans Riverside
Disneyland-50+ times

dizneedoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 09:16 PM   #6
erogers
Earning My Ears

Thank you, Alex, for welcoming those of us who have just recently started posting. I am realizing with Bob's passing that it's easier to grieve here with this group who understands than alone, because no one in my world has a clue why I'm so upset at losing someone I never met but feel like I "know."

It's amazing to see just how many people were touched by Bob's life.

04/93, 03/95, 02/97, 03/99, 03/01, 05/07: Dixie Landings/POR
05/97, Grad Nite: All-Star Sports
12/12: DCL, Fantasy
erogers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 09:33 PM   #7
CraftyOtt
Mouseketeer

This isn't my first post on DISboards, but I think it's my first for the DIS Unplugged Podcast forum. And I am a first time podcast listener. I just downloaded my first podcast ever last week, and it was the DIS Unplugged Podcast. I was so excited that I finally got my MP3 thingy sort of figured out (I've had it for over 2 years). It was a great show. I downloaded a few more from the archives this past weekend and fell in love with the whole crew. I laughed till my sides hurt listening to many of the shows. I couldn't get enough of this "Bawb" guy, his Bawb-isms are absolutely priceless.

To the whole family at DIS Unplugged, my prayers go to each and every one of you. I am saddened that you (and we the listeners, even the new ones) have lost someone who has meant so much to so many people. I look forward to hearing past podcasts, and learning more about Bob and his Kaht adventures.

He will be truly, truly missed.
Me DH #1 Son (20) #2 Son (15) #3 Son (12)

'71-'81 - went to WDW too many times to count // '87 - offsite, 1st Anniversary and DH 1st time to WDW // '90 - Carribean Beach Resort // '93 - Contemporary, DS 1st trip to WDW // 2000 - Fort Wilderness - WDW Family Trip Take 1 // 2001 - Fort Wilderness - WDW Family Trip Take 2 // September 2008 - Fort Wilderness Cabins // September 2010 - Coronado Springs Resort // May 2012 - 5 night cruise on Disney Magic
CraftyOtt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 12:01 AM   #8
macheath
Got Dole Whip? No, really. Get me one and no one gets hurt!

Alex,
Thank you for thinking of welcoming some of us "first-time posters" right now in your time of grief. I'm sorry that this loss is what brought me out of the shadows....But I keep coming back to the boards because only other "Dis"ers can know how I am feeling right now.
to everyone right now.
Next trip: POR Princess Tiana Room!- November 2012 "3 Birthdays Trip"

DH ME DS DD
macheath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 05:37 AM   #9
vellamint
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebmasterAlex View Post
I have seen many people say this was their "first" post, that they were basically lurkers or from people that hardly ever posted but did now.
Bawb would have liked that
I think it is great that so many lurkers are posting about Bawb too......what an outpouring of emotion from so many. I too have been thinking about you Alex, my deepest sympathies
11/2010 Disneyland Paris For My GIRLS SWEET 16!! (Sequoia Lodge)
08/09 All Star Sports -- 11/09 BWV & Disney Wonder -- 2/2010 The Disneyland Hotel -- 10/10 BLT F&W/MNSSHP
01/09 Grand Floridian & Disney Wonder -- 8/08 Hard Rock Hotel & Cypress Pointe & Pop Century --
2/08 Animal Kingdom Villas --
8/06 All Star Movies & Venetian Villages -- 4/06 Grand Californian
3/05 Wilderness Lodge Villas -- 8/04 Disneyland & DCA -- 2/04 Boardwalk Villas -- 8/03 HIFS & Marriott Cypress Harbour
1/03 Beach Club Villas & Old Key West -- 4/02 Radisson Twin Towers & Caribbean Beach -- 8/00 Holiday Inn Sunspree
vellamint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 06:22 AM   #10
gomomgo
Mouseketeer

This is exactly why I LOVE the Dis. You don't have to write 23.5 posts per day to be taken seriously. And in this sad situation, we can all grieve together.

gomomgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 06:31 AM   #11
Cyrano

Disney VIP
Anyone for haggis
Aren't we all a cagey lot

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomomgo View Post
This is exactly why I LOVE the Dis. You don't have to write 23.5 posts per day to be taken seriously. And in this sad situation, we can all grieve together.
I agree it is what makes the DIS a community

Theme Park Attractions & Strategies board
20 nights Disney and Universal July 2015
Twelve highlanders and a bagpipe make a rebellion.
Cyrano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 06:44 AM   #12
skuttle
Counting the days until our next trip!

Thanks so much for making us newbies feel welcome and not out of the loop. I listen to the podcasts regularly during my drive home from work and it always makes the drive seem so much shorter. I've had many LOL moments, many of them due to Bawb! He will be greatly missed for sure. I haven't been able to stop thinking about him since I first read Pete's post. And it was with a heavy heart that I listened to the last email show yesterday afternoon. I almost didn't, but I did and it was great to hear Bawb...so happy and so full of life, and SO funny!
Old 04-30-2008, 10:58 AM   #13
aloha_lilo
Mouseketeer

This is my first post on the podcast board...I loved listening to Bob on the podcast, and I will miss hearing his voice.
Old 04-30-2008, 12:10 PM   #14
jamieT
A trip to Disney is just what I need....

After months of listening to the podcast and just reading the boards I hesitanlty signed up. I thought if I ddin't post than maybe I wasn't completely obsessed. When I finally posted I didn't even introduce myself. I jumped in feet first and no one batted an eye! I am still considered "new" I have appriciated this podcast more than you could know and nothing can out a smile on my face like Disney or Bob, or really the rest of the crew on the podcast.

You are are part of my family every week. I was in tears on the way home from bringing my daughter to school today.

I understand that this is a hard time for. I know you are going to mourn, but I hope you know how anxious we are to hear your voices. It's like a family. We just want to know you're ok...well it will be a while... Thank you for posting your thoughts. It was comforting to us, I hope it was a comfort to you to share!
jamieT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 12:31 PM   #15
DVCsince02
Everyone knows is better

Well said Jamie.

DVCsince02 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: