Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-28-2010, 02:06 PM   #1
Disney Dad Canada
Passing on my Disney obsession to my 3 kids, and anyone else that will listen

How to become the "train family" at MK rope drop

Just wondering how one becomes the family travelling in the train with Mickey etc during the rope drop at Magic Kingdom. Is it random, or can one apply?
Disney Dad Canada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 02:15 PM   #2
ADP
I'm a huggin' foolWon't some sweet mama come and take a chance with me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Dad Canada View Post
Just wondering how one becomes the family travelling in the train with Mickey etc during the rope drop at Magic Kingdom. Is it random, or can one apply?
The best advice I could give would be to get to the gates of the Magic Kingdom as early as possible. Additionally, you will want to interact with the Cast Members at the at the front entrance as much as possible. Be energetic and excited about being at the Magic Kingdom.
ADP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 02:35 PM   #3
Lauren0609
Earning My Ears

What time would you recommend getting there? We are going in July for DD's 4th birthday. This is her 3rd trip to WDW and she LOVES it!! It would be awesome if we were the train family on her birthday!
Old 04-29-2010, 03:08 PM   #4
ADP
I'm a huggin' foolWon't some sweet mama come and take a chance with me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren0609 View Post
What time would you recommend getting there? We are going in July for DD's 4th birthday. This is her 3rd trip to WDW and she LOVES it!! It would be awesome if we were the train family on her birthday!
I'd suggest getting there 45 minutes to an hour before the park is scheduled to open; especially since you are going in the summer when it's busier. Going that early can be tough, especially when there are no guarantees your family will be selected.
ADP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 03:26 PM   #5
Kitikat
Mouseketeer

We were picked as Family of the day during our last trip in Dec '09 for my DS12th bday. We get to the park very early. Usually leave the resort by 7:1. Go to the turnstiles on the left side.Talk to any and all CM. We were wearing matching shirts. The pic in my avatar is my family before we opened MK. It's the best one on one time with Mickey.Don't forget to play rock/paper/sciccors. It's one of the best memories we have.
We have also opened Epcot (2) and Animal Kingdom (1).
Kathie (IrishDadx4's Wife) Commando #57
ME DH DD 22yr DS 19yr(Our Marine) DS 15yr DD 12yr

8/09 Pop FD
12/09 ASMu FQSD {DAP}
8/10 POP taking Nana FD
12/10 POP 20th anniversary trip & PCCruise 2.0
8/11 FREE Dinning!!
8/12 Free Dinning Again!!
8/13 Free Dinning Pin Again!!
Kitikat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 03:28 PM   #6
irishdadx4
We did it Disneyland, in the knowledge that most of the people I talked to thought it would be a financial disaster - closed and forgotten within the first year. Walt Disney

Been There...Done That....

We were picked last Dec as the family of the day. Get there early is the best advice, and talk to the CM's. We actually tried for it one morning...didnt make it in time....changed park plans and went the next morning...yes we were there I think an hour and 1/2....at least an hour early. Was talking to a CM.....and we were in. Good Luck...it is soooooo coool :che er2:

Mike

Me & DW, DD DS DD
6/83 offsite -- 8/09 POP -- 12/09 ASMu 8/10 POP 12/10 DCL 8/11 PoFQ 8/25/13 PoFQ
irishdadx4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 09:33 AM   #7
irishdadx4
We did it Disneyland, in the knowledge that most of the people I talked to thought it would be a financial disaster - closed and forgotten within the first year. Walt Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitikat View Post
We were picked as Family of the day during our last trip in Dec '09 for my DS12th bday. We get to the park very early. Usually leave the resort by 7:1. Go to the turnstiles on the left side.Talk to any and all CM. We were wearing matching shirts. The pic in my avatar is my family before we opened MK. It's the best one on one time with Mickey.Don't forget to play rock/paper/sciccors. It's one of the best memories we have.
We have also opened Epcot (2) and Animal Kingdom (1).
Hey Hunny.... we were writing our posts at the same time...that's why I didn't see yours when I opened the thread.

Love You

Mike

Me & DW, DD DS DD
6/83 offsite -- 8/09 POP -- 12/09 ASMu 8/10 POP 12/10 DCL 8/11 PoFQ 8/25/13 PoFQ
irishdadx4 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: