Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-03-2008, 08:54 PM   #661
cdmann
Earning My Ears

I am so sorry to hear this terrible news. Our family had been to Disney World four times (1998-1999-2000 and 2007). We were originally scheduled to go back this March but had to re-schedule it until June because of my father-in-law's medical condition and he passed away. My wife and I discovered your podcast earlier this year and I was always sure to play it in the car for our trips back and forth to visit my father-in-law as his conditioned continued to deterorate. Listening to the podcast always was a great distraction for us and both the wife and I especially enjoyed Bob on the show. We were looking forward to our June visit to Disney World and maybe getting a glimpse of the famous Bob. My family has recently struggled through this and our prayers and thoughts are with Bob and his entire family.

I am sure Bob is in paradise with all of his loved ones that have gone before.
cdmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 09:02 PM   #662
snyderla
DVC Lori
DH loved that popcorn light so much
I wish I was sitting in a rocking chair in Frontierland

I'm shocked and saddened to hear of Bawb's passing. I, too, wish to extend deepest sympathy to his family and friends. I have really enjoyed each episode of DISUnplugged and Bawb's part in it has been irreplaceable. I count myself as one of his many fans! I will miss him.
Lori Lofgren

June1975 FW; July1995 FW cabins;Aug'97 POFQ;NYE '98-99; Feb'01POFQ(&day trip a week later);Oct'01CBR (1 nt at ASMo);07/02 AKL ; Oct.'03 OKW; Easter'04 Pop/(2nd trip)POFQ;Oct.'04 ASMu&Sp&(2trips) POR Sept'05 OKW& Pop&Dec'05 Swan&SSR home;Aug.'06 BWV, OKW& VWL 15 day trip! BCV Aug'07 with grandkids;Mousefest '07 OKW&CSR;CSR&OKW Oct'08 Yacht Club&BWV Dec.'09;Poly&SSR Oct.'10 ;Mar'11 AKV w/grandkids;Aug'11 AKV/SSR;Dec'12 OKW&BLT;Feb'13 OKW; Oct'13 SSR THVJust 1 more resort until I reach my dream of staying at each of the Disney owned resorts in WDW! Oct.'14 VGC in DL
snyderla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 09:40 PM   #663
belleatheart
Mouseketeer

I am very saddened to hear this. I loved Bawb and what he gave to the podcast. I will miss the Bawb pauses, stories and all the words that he made up. My thoughts and Prayers go out to the Varley and Podcast Family

Disney CM starting on 3/1/11!!!
belleatheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 09:46 PM   #664
OceanGdss
Mrs. Deej696 on 12/18/08

As an avid DISer, I can't express my sadness or sypmathy enough. This is truely a sad day for DIS. I only hope it makes us all appreciate each other and realize that sometimes the little arguments on here mean nothing. We all share a common bond, our love for the magic that is Disney. I hope that is what we remember in Bob's memory.
Old 05-03-2008, 09:51 PM   #665
deej696
They say the recipe for Sprite is lemon and lime, but I tried to make it at home....There's more to it than that!

I second what my fiance said. While I never met Bob personally, I feel like a close friend is missing. We are a family here on the DIS and when one of us is missing, it effects us all. Best wishes to his family, we will be sure to have a Dole whip for Bob!

Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor mantengase alejado de las puertas.
deej696 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 10:06 PM   #666
ndmommy
Mouseketeer
Has a thing for the long haired rocker types!

I can't begin to express my sorrow over the loss of Bawb. The joy and laughter he brought to so many DISers each week will be tremendously missed. I know that I will never be able to have another Dole Whip without smiling and thinking of Bawb. My thoughts and prayers are with the Varley family and friends during this very difficult time.

ndmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 08:29 AM   #667
mickeysgirl17
Wish I was at Disney

I am very sorry to hear this. I listen to the podcast every week and this is very sad news. I will keep the family in my prayers.
First trip December 2006 9 Days at Pop Century, January 2007 1 day trip to MK, May 2007 1 day trip to MK, August 24th Pirate and Princess Party, May 2008 DD's birthday at MK! December 9, 2008 mvmcp May 2010 4 days offsite DD's 7th birthday and baby's 1st trip! December 2012 6 days at Pop Century, Deluxe dp, September 2015 , First Cruise on Disney Dream 4 night bahamian
Me DD DS

"Keep a weather eye on the horizon"-Will Turner
mickeysgirl17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 09:10 AM   #668
rwrocksme
I turn towards the wall and moo

Oh, dear. I just got back on here from a week off...and what I come back to...How sad. We will all miss him.

"He lives in you, He lives in me, He's watching over everything we see.--The Lion King
rwrocksme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 10:37 AM   #669
Dana49
No longer lonely without a tag
The TF's think you like your beer ;-)
If you love the magic, you'll never be too old

Oh my, how tragic. My prayers are with his family and friends. God bless Bob.

"It's funny what happens when you become a grandparent. You start to act all goofy and do things you never thought you'd do. It's terrific." - Mike Krzyzewski
Dana49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 10:37 AM   #670
BrizMarc
YOUR AD HERE!

My God, I hadnt been on the site for a few days and was wondering why a new podcast hadnt come up on itunes. I came here to see only to find this news. This really is very sad. My thoughts and prayers are with Bobs family and friends. RIP my friend.
Old 05-04-2008, 02:19 PM   #671
soupy11
Cast Member Wannabe

I'm speechless. I am gonna miss you Bob! I hope your family can find some comfort in your incredible spirit and the gifts you have given to all of us listeners!
September 1997 - Econolodge Hawaiian
January 2004 - Holiday Villa Vacation Home
October 2004 - La Quinta Lakeside
April 2005 - Cypress Pointe
April 2006 - Cypress Pointe
April 2007 - POP Century
August 2009 - POP Century
soupy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 02:21 PM   #672
karen l
DIS Veteran

I've only been listening to the podcast for a short time but have become addicted to it. I've been back from WDW for a week & haven't had much free time. What a shock to log in & read this very sad news. My prayers go out to Bawb & his friends & family. He will be greatly missed.
Old 05-04-2008, 02:36 PM   #673
The Goofman
Earning My Ears

Goodbye Friend

I only knew Bob from his voice on my I-Pod however he made me laugh every week I listened. Its funny but I cried yesterday when I logged on and got the news. Life is too short, but to leave it and touch so many lives while you were here, is a tribute to the man.

I hope he will continue to be part of the POD Cast in some way.

The Goofman
The Goofman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 02:38 PM   #674
OB1
May the Ears be with you

I'm so sad to hear this news. Many thoughts & prayers to his family and friends. It is so encouraging at times like this to see so much support. Through the boards & podcast Bob felt like a friend to all of us. You will be missed!!
OB1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 04:20 PM   #675
Roxy217
HRH Roxann Duchess of Disney šoš

Good Bye Uncle Bawb

I am so sorry to hear about Bob's passing. It is extremely hard to type because I can't hold back the tears. I was just putting the pictures of Kevin, John, Anthony & Bob in my photo album. I am truely greatful to have met him even for only a moment. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family and the podcast crew. I truely feel like I have lost someone in my family. We love you Uncle Bawb and will miss you. The Castelli's in Dumont send a virtual hug to everyone in Bob's family and to the podcast crew.

url=http://distickers.com/ticker/][/url]
Roxy217 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: