Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-02-2008, 10:13 AM   #631
DLR 1&only
Earning My Ears

Thanks DIS team for this thread - I stop by every morning when I first log on at work. It is like coming to a wall, reflecting and remembering. It is helping me work through the saddness of Bawb's passing. I would agree a best of Bawb podcast would be a fitting (if that is possiable) celebration of his life and what he has given to so many through his involvement with the DIS. I am even reflecting that this "pause" is not only respectful but a very Bawb thing too.
Old 05-02-2008, 11:06 AM   #632
JoelD
Lurking since 1999

It's been years since I've done much posting... but I had to take the time to post and let his family and his podcast family know that my prayers are with them and Bob.

We'll miss you BAWB.

As others have mentioned I am also surprised at how sad I am to lose somebody I never met, but then again... I'm not surprised. Not even the coldest hearted Disney villan could listen to a DIS Unplugged episode without having an immediate affection for Bob.

He was truly, wonderfully unique and kind, friendly, and fun loving and that all came across in spades on the podcast. I think he and his family would be very shocked at the number of people around the world that are going to sorely miss him.

I looked forward to the day that I would be strolling through one of the parks and all of a sudden I'd see the Christmas lights of Kaht Kam, and the excitement of getting to meet a friend I'd never met.

Next time I'm in The World, I'll have a dole whip and a nap for you Bob!

Rest in peace.

VGC - Nov. '12 | VWL & AKL - May. '09 | BWV & SSR - Nov. '07 | DLH - June '05 | BWV - Sept. '04 | HHI - Oct. '03 | OKW - May. '03 | BWV - Nov. '01 | The Magic & CR & BWV - Nov. '00 (honeymoon & first DVC stay) | Dixie Landings (now POR) - Sept. '99 | WDW Off site - Aug. '86 | WDW Off site - Dec. '85 | DL Off site - '77

JoelD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 11:39 AM   #633
ClaraBug
DIS Veteran

I have no words at this time, only tears

My love to the Varley Family and the Podcast Family....

Dolewhips just won't be the same...

ClaraBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 11:50 AM   #634
CynthiaC925

Earning My Ears

Bob-Our Friend Always

Our heartfelt sympathies to Diana, Brian and the rest of Bob's family. Please know that he will always be with us. Bob brought joy to all of us! We smile whenever we think of him, his nap reports and all the other happy times we had with him. What a wonderful legacy and testament he has left us on Earth.

Bob is our newest star in heaven - he will be shining brightly over us!

Cynthia and Kelsey Jorgensen
CynthiaC925 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 01:20 PM   #635
zuperdaave
Mouseketeer

I'm relatively new to the DIS and only started listening to the podcasts a few months ago. But in that short time, I have come to realize how special "Bawb" was to the program. I always enjoyed his commentary. My deepest condolences to his family (and podcast family)...

zuperdaave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 01:27 PM   #636
Fishy RocketBoy
Earning My Ears

Every time I visited the World, I've kept an eye pealed hoping to see "Cart-Cam" - I never met Bob, but (like so many others) I felt like he was a friend - this is such sad news - my love and thoughts to his family and friends.

- Andy
Fishy RocketBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 04:41 PM   #637
SFBayDon
D23 Charter Member and LOVING every minute of it

Why is this my first post…because I have been listening to the podcast for a few years as a lurker. Tuesday when the podcast did not load on itunes, I went to the forum to see why. As with most of us shock and disbelief do not begin to describe how my heart sank. Like many of us I did not have the privilege to meet Bob, but feel like I lost a good friend I heard so much about. I was really looking forward to meeting him on the Podcast cruse.

To the family my deepest condolences to you all during this difficult time.

To the Pod cast team where does one start. In the loss of a friend, co worker, comedian, and all the other titles Bob had it leaves such a huge gap in so many ways. As you struggle to find your footing and begin to figure out where to go from here remember just how much you mean to so many people. It is my hope that everyone will understand that you have so much to sort through on so many different levels during this difficult time. Please let us all know how we can support you, the family and the memory of Bob. If there is any type of Scholarship set up for Brian then I want to contribute to his future endeavors.

Don
SFBayDon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 05:51 PM   #638
Blueyed Girl
HAKUNA MATATA!

Oh no!!! This is just such sad news. I just found this post because we are on a trip to WDW right now. I had a few minutes to log on and check out the DIS and this is what I find. SHOCKING!!!! Bob, his family, and the rest of the podcast are in my thoughts and prayers. So, so very sad.
Old 05-02-2008, 06:55 PM   #639
mr. figment
Moving buddy? You can't be serious!

We are very sad to hear this new. Our thoughts and prayers are with Bob's family.

mr. figment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 06:57 PM   #640
mommyceratops
Covets Clown School
Kevin's best buddy (you happy now?)
Totally Addicted to DisUnplugged!

He is loving this!

I have to say....Bawb is loving this....35,436 people have viewed this thread....637 posts within 5 days.

This is on his thread watch list....he loves it when they are about him.

Bob really touched a lot of people, one amazing man.
Old 05-02-2008, 07:04 PM   #641
pjwelch
pjw

sorry for the loss

My prayers and thoughts are with Bawb's family and his Dis family
Old 05-02-2008, 07:26 PM   #642
M&M's
Matt and Mel

With my weird schedule, I'm sorry to say I'm just hearing about this today. What a shock to the system. I hope everyone else is doing as well as can be expected. I know I'm struggling here, but reading the stories from Bob's closest friends and reading the posts of the rest of us who knew him only through the website does help.

Part of the process of healing is relaying stories about the lost loved one. It's amazing that almost everyone posting has never personally met Bob or even talked to him, yet we all feel like we were friends with him on some level, and we all have stories to tell, even if we weren't personally involved in them. For me, the first one that comes to mind was when Bob brought in the cooler with the empty Dole Whip cups, and how flabbergasted Pete was. I've told that story before and I'm sure I'll tell it again, smiling the whole time. Only Bob....

From listening to the podcasts and watching Kaht Kam and reading his blog, Bob had that special gift of making everyone feel like he was their friend. In a way, he was. And from what we hear from those that were his close friends, it appears that Bob would have truly loved to meet every single one of us. When I listened to the podcast, I often thought of my upcoming trip in October and hoped I would run into Bob so I could introduce myself and thank him for all of the work he puts into the podcast and the website. I would have been so happy to introduce him to my wife and my baby girl and show them one of the people responsible for sustaining my Disney obsession. I would have felt so cool if I met him and had my picture taken with him. I feel like he was representing us from Massachusetts (especially with the accent) and he was doing a great job.

Bob, it goes without saying that you will be missed greatly by those who spent time with you daily to those that only got to spend time listening to you weekly. You have touched the lives of so many and we are all better off for it.

There's one thing I know. You've still got my vote for President. See you sometime in the future.
Old 05-02-2008, 07:28 PM   #643
nicoliosis
Earning My Ears

all of my thoughts and prayers are with bob's family & friends.

the dis just won't be the same without him.
Old 05-02-2008, 09:03 PM   #644
shmedly123
DIS Veteran

I almost always download the shows on the days they come out, this week I didn't have access for the past few days so I am just finding out now...I wish I still didn't have access.

R.I.P. from another MA native who enjoyed your accent and your sense of humor on the show. I'm a 31 yr old guy who never met you yet I am fighting tears as i type this...
2008 - Wilderness Lodge/ Port Orleans Riverside
2000, 2002, 2010 - Caribbean Beach
Fall 2010 Disneyland
shmedly123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 10:45 PM   #645
AnnieDan_Artlover
Mouseketeer

In loving memory...

I'm very saddened by this news.

I may be a fairly recent listener, but I couldn't hold back the tears when I read the news, and I was in shock.
I'm here in WDW for my first trip, which is why I got the news a little late.

As I was touring Epcot today, I thought about Bawb often... I had did so on the previous days too... wondering if I would meet him and is cart... wondering if that man in the cart could be him over there?...

...I must explain that being in a wheelchair myself, and being very new at this, him using a cart meant a lot to me.

So today in the park, each time Bawb came to mind, the news dawned on me again and again. How could it be true?!

Bawb's famly, which means all you Podcast team guys too, will be in my thoughts.
I wish you all the courage to go through this hardest of times...

He will be greatly missed and heaven just got a great new soul.
AnnieDan_Artlover is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: