Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-30-2008, 10:21 PM   #571
happy2go2wdwmom
I love that great song!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TammyAlphabet View Post
I too lost my husband tragically in February. I know how his widow must feel. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family. How can we send flowers?
Hi Tammy, I don't know you, but your post here has been on my mind since you sent it and I just wanted to say I'm so sorry about your tragic loss---I just, can not imagine, but I was also deeply touched by your compassion for Bawb's family.

HUGS!

~Pam
70's Fav ride 20,000 Leagues UTS; '03 June AKL-DF,DFH,DFS(4),DFS(5),MeDH, DS(4);'04 June HOJO'S Enchantedland-DH, DS(5), DSis (Eyeore) to WDW, Universal, SeaWorld; May '05 ASMo DDP--"OUR PERFECT DREAM COME TRUE VACATION" DH, DS(6); May '07 DDP-POP! w/ DH and DS(8)-SeaWorld;May '08 Free upgrade to CBR and PPP; April '09 Disney Wonder then Universal for SPRING BREAK-DH, DS(10),DF,DFH,DFS(9),DF(11); July '09 PC w/ DH and DS (10);May '10 CSR w/ $500 WDW gc w/DH & DS; Nov '10 PC w/ our middle schooler DS 11!! F&W, Festival of the Masters and "Christmas" at WDW and SW. July 20-26, '11 DS 12, DH (-63 lbs and counting) Y.E.S. Program, PC 5 day premium DQ, TL June 20-27, '12 First TEEN trip!!! DS and DH (-96 lbs and counting!) YES program and BG Tampa~Grabbing those quaility moments while we can! Feb. 22-25, '13 Sistah Tripping! DSis (54) and me (51), Pop Century - had res at CSR but extended stay at PC instead July 2013 - St. Pete Beach/Clearwater BG-Tampa Trip w/ DH and DS14 years old
June 2014-Universal trip w UAP and w DH and DS15--Portofino, Cabana Bay Resort, Hard Rock-club level!!!
happy2go2wdwmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 10:52 PM   #572
Sharon Seattle
Disney Gene 4ever * * * * * DVC Owner

Missing Bob

Our prayers go out to Bob's family & friends. We truly felt that we knew Bob like a personal friend. His memory will live forever and I will never forget the challenge Bob would have in pronouncing words that were new to him! I smile & cry at the same time.

He touched so many people and we were looking forward to spending time with him on the cruise.

God Bless you all.
Sharon & Craig Smith
Sharon Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 11:03 PM   #573
Bracho

DIS Veteran
Loves reading the "droppings" the Tag Fairy leaves behind!

I never met him but I heard his voice for months and enjoyed his writting. It will be strange to hear a podcast without his input and outlook... my prayers go to his family and close friends.. Be at peace
Old 05-01-2008, 02:17 AM   #574
Dibbledebobbityboo
Earning My Ears

A real loss to us all

In a world filled with ever more cynicism and hate, Bob's thoughts and words and delightful inability to pronounce certain words contained so much joy and cheer which was sent out to many each week.

I feel like I've lost a friend I never got to know. I drive a lot each week and the podcast is a highlight of the week, making it go that little bit faster and it just won't be the same again.

Let's not mourn Bob's passing for too long, but celebrate Bob's memory all the sooner by doing whatever we can to bring some joy to others.

My thoughts, prayers and love are with Bob's family and friends

And to Bob - thank you for everything, you leave a big kaht shaped hole in the world!

1993: I-Drive 1995: I-Drive 1996: Newport Bay (DLRP) 1997: All Star Music 1998: Hotel NY (DLRP) 2000: Sequioa Lodge (DLRP) 2001: Caribbean Beach 2003: Sequioa Lodge (DLRP) 2006: PO-FQ 2007: Newport Bay (DLRP):2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2010: DCL Med Cruise 2011: Old Key West (DVC) 2011: Santa Fe (DLRP)2012: Grand Californian and Aulani (DVC)
Dibbledebobbityboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 05:11 AM   #575
Beastly
Sea Ya Real Soon!!!!

I am very saddened

Pete & Podcast Team...

I was shocked to hear this sad news. Although I am only a listener, I have grown to love Bob and how you all picked on him in good fun and how he took it all in stride. It is a sad day indeed. I was surpprised to hear that he was the same age age me and I think it makes us all think to enjoy life as Bob seemed to do. He was fortunate to have such great friends as you guys. My prayers are with you all and to his family. I will miss him and his KartKam.

Beastly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 05:51 AM   #576
disneyblues
Earning My Ears

I am shocked and saddened to hear this news. I had just packed my dis unplugged t-shirt in my case in preperation for my trip over from Scotland next week. I thought of the chance of meeting Bawb while wearing it and went to check why this weeks podcast had not come through on itunes. Please past my sincere condolances to the family of a friend I never got to meet
disneyblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 07:08 AM   #577
pixe*dst
Mouseketeer

I haven't been on the boards for a week or so & am just seeing this news. I'm shocked & saddened.

My thoughts & prayers are with Bob's family--both the Varleys & the podcast.
Old 05-01-2008, 08:12 AM   #578
experiment659
Earning My Ears

A great loss to all of us.....

I want to add my heartfelt prayers and condolences to Diana and family and the entire Podcast team. I'm new to the boards, but have been listening to the podcast since last July. I have to agree with what everyone is saying - though I never had the pleasure of meeting Bob, I considered him my friend and looked forward to our weekly visits. While I know he'll now be streaming from another location and still listening to the laughter, I certainly will miss all that he brought to the show and the site each week. Bob will always be an example to me of the effect one life can have on many. He chose to follow his dream and in doing so (like Walt) changed many others for the better.
experiment659 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 09:11 AM   #579
Cordovad88
Earning My Ears

:'o( im sorry... words cannot express my sadness at this point.
Old 05-01-2008, 10:17 AM   #580
mrcricket
DIS Veteran

I was wondering where the podcast was this week. Now I know.

I, like most on the boards, didn't know Bob personally, but because of the podcast I saw a glimpse of man who loved life, loved his family and loved his friends. And from the sheer amount of responses, it is obvious Bob was loved back. To his family, friends and the DIS family, my thoughts and prayers are with you in your time of loss.

My Smugmug Photo Site: http://jriceco.smugmug.com/
Old 05-01-2008, 10:52 AM   #581
MenashaCorp
I'll throw some rum in the Dole Whip machine

Shared tunes with JF at JR
Orchestrated a Symphony for AskTracy

I have no words. Words aren't enough. My heart goes out to the Varley family and to the DIS/DU family.
Old 05-01-2008, 11:03 AM   #582
briandancer
I (heart) Disney!

I am stunned and deeply saddened. Though I am simply a listener and admirer of the podcast, I feel like a friend has been lost. What a horrible piece of news and a terrible tragedy. I feel like offering my support to you, his close friends, but I find I am in need of some myself.

I will miss hearing Bob so much.
briandancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 11:11 AM   #583
disneycruise05
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by briandancer View Post
I am stunned and deeply saddened. Though I am simply a listener and admirer of the podcast, I feel like a friend has been lost. What a horrible piece of news and a terrible tragedy. I feel like offering my support to you, his close friends, but I find I am in need of some myself.

I will miss hearing Bob so much.
We're all here for each other.

disneycruise05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 11:43 AM   #584
Disney Khi
DIS Veteran

I came here to get my weekly dose of laughter and fun with the gang, and now I feel like I've been punched in the stomach. What a sad, sad time for everyone. Add me to the list of those who never met Bob, but always enjoyed listening to him and reading his posts. My prayers and thoughts are with all of Bob's friends and family.

Disney Khi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 12:04 PM   #585
DisDarling
Mouseketeer
I have yet to conquer any of the Mountains, they terrify me!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MenashaCorp View Post
I have no words. Words aren't enough. My heart goes out to the Varley family and to the DIS/DU family.
((((Hugs)))) Here for you if you want to talk. I have just been onverwhelmed this week with sadness.

Amy
DisDarling is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: