Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-30-2008, 03:46 PM   #541
debsters41
DIS Veteran

I only just read about this now. I am also very saddened by Bob's passing. I honestly don't think the podcast will ever be the same. Please know that there are innumerable people who will miss Bob, without ever having met him. Heartfelt condolences to the surviving family. Please know that your father/husband used to make me smile at least once a week. May he rest in peace.
Old 04-30-2008, 03:56 PM   #542
Troop o' Goofs
"Inside every sophisticated grownup adult is a little kid just dying to get out." Walter Elias Disney

We have lost a very special person. Our prayers go out to Bob's family. He will be dearly missed.

Former Cast Member
DH, DW, DS10, DS8 & DD5
DisneyMoon 1997 WL & BW, WL 2007, DCL 2011

Troop o' Goofs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 04:02 PM   #543
Button
A princess waiting for Cinders to ship on out of that castle.

I feel I have lost a family member. I'm sure Bawb is watching down on us and will be with us all everytime we visit the parks. Miss you may the magic be with you always. x

Button is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 04:11 PM   #544
Splat25
DVC Owner AKV & BLT

I am also saddened to hear about Bob. My condolances to his family and the Podcast crew. Feel like a good friend is now gone.

Splat25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 04:35 PM   #545
2pirateprincessmom
Earning My Ears

Thoughts and Prayers for Bawb's Family and Friends

As my first post to the boards but an avid podcast listener, I wanted y'all to know that he will be missed.

While listening to last weeks podcast, I had the thought about how great it was to have Bob on the team when he had sooo much knowledge to share with us.

He will be sorely missed and my thoughts are with his friends and family.
2pirateprincessmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 04:48 PM   #546
maidenfairy
If only I wasn't married and he wasn't gay.

Unhappy

I can't believe it. I just can't express with words how sad I am over this lose, and I never met the man. Please have my condolences. He was a great man to listen too and I, like many people, will miss him greatly.

Old 04-30-2008, 04:52 PM   #547
flippin4mickey
tumbling around the world

Bawb will be very missed!! I was just telling a friend today about the podcast and specifically about kaht cam. I am so saddened by this news. Bob's family and the podcast crew are in my prayers. Rest in peace, Bob.
Old 04-30-2008, 05:24 PM   #548
DebbieT11
Waiting to go back......
Wait. Isn't that the *marines*????

Oh my. How sad for us and how magnificent for Bob.

Last December, he was driving me around in a golf cart taking photos of lights, cautioning me to make sure "he didn't screw up" anything.....

Hearing the excitement in his voice on the phone during the WildeOscar Pete Stalk at Universal was priceless.

And he's just.... gone? Oh my.
Old 04-30-2008, 05:53 PM   #549
maleficent28
Earning My Ears

I was very sad to hear the news of Bob's passing.....then i thought, i never even had the chance to meet Bob and i still feel like i have lost a great friend, and that is a wonderful testimate to his character. I like to think he is following Walt around asking him all kinds of "grammatically incorrect" questions (and i know Walt LOVES it)!!

my thoughts and prayers are w/ all of Bob's family and friends....take care.

Last edited by maleficent28; 04-30-2008 at 07:04 PM.
maleficent28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 06:22 PM   #550
MTNest
Earning My Ears

Very sad time, indeed. My thoughts and prayers go out to Bawb's family and friends - and podcast listeners.
MTNest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 06:31 PM   #551
rer1972
DIS Veteran
Full of DISinformation
Snake balloons and computer torture. I knew I shouldn't have majored in business

I was so shocked, and still am, to hear about Bob passing away. The DIS, DISUnplugged, and Disney World will never be the same without him. My deepest sympathies go out to all his family and friends.

Villas at Wilderness Lodge (Dec 2010, Sept 2009, & Dec 2008), Animal Kingdom Lodge (Sept 2008), Ft. Wilderness Camp Ground (Aug 2007 & Feb 2007), Pop Century (Dec 2010, Sept 2009, & Aug 2007), All-Star Movies (2006), Dolphin Resort (1998), Off-Site (2002, 1999, 1996, 1994, & 1992)
rer1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 06:35 PM   #552
Bellona
Earning My Ears

My thoughts and prayers go out to Bob's family. He will be sorely missed.
Old 04-30-2008, 07:12 PM   #553
iwynlea
I am Eilonwy, daughter of Angharad, daughter of Regat, daughter of--oh, it's such a bother going through all that!
da boss was looking at me funny

Oh, my. Having just returned home tonight after the sudden passing of my grandmother last Wednesday, I'm shocked, saddened, and numb to hear that one of my podcast friends has also passed on. My heart goes out to the family and close friends of Bob...having been on the end of a hard loss only a few days ago myself, I can empathize with how you're feeling - how I'm still feeling for my granny and how I know we will all feel for a long while to come. Although I only met Bob once, at the podcast meet in December, he felt like a friend to me (as all the pod squad do). In fact, DH was planning to ask Bob on Sunday at the live show if he'd like to get together sometime to go golfing...now DH and I will attend the Sunday memorial sad we will never have the chance to make that offer. My thoughts and prayers are with Bob's family and friends. I just don't know what else to say.

iwynlea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 07:13 PM   #554
tristessaFL
Epcotaholic.

I'm a lurker more than a poster, but I have been a faithful listener for a year and a half. When I heard the news, I called my husband at work and cried to him. I am originally from the Boston area (now living in Orlando) and hearing Bawb's accent and speech patterns always reminded me soooooo much of my grandfather. I will very much miss hearing his voice on the podcasts.

Heartfelt condolences go out to the family and friends. RIP Bawb.
Old 04-30-2008, 07:26 PM   #555
Timon-n-Pumbaa Fan
Identifies with Pumbaa's Flatulence Issues

Location: in the burbs, in a house with a lot of Disney decor.

I posted a few days ago on another board, but I guess being that I love TheDisUnplugged, that I should have come here first.

I am very sad that we have lost a friend, even if most of us never had the pleasure of meeting him in person. My prayers are with his family and friends, real world and internet.
Timon-n-Pumbaa Fan is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: