Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-30-2008, 12:06 PM   #511
Kialua03
Earning My Ears

Thank you to everyone

My name is Angela Roberts and I live in Las Vegas. I registered yesterday so that I can personally thank each and every single one of you for the kind words relating to the early departure of Bob Varley. Diana brought the wonderful blogs to my attention last night and I know that they mean a lot to her. There will be good days and bad days to come in our future, but we know that Bob will be with us forever. So thank you for letting the family know how much Bob meant to all of you, the words, thoughts, and prayers mean more than words can express.

Sincerely,
Bob's Vegas Daughter.
Kialua03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 12:09 PM   #512
bits-n-pieces
Mouseketeer

My heart goes out to all Bobs family and friends. He has touched more lives and spread more joy then you will ever know!

bits-n-pieces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 12:10 PM   #513
DVCsince02
Everyone knows is better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kialua03 View Post
My name is Angela Roberts and I live in Las Vegas. I registered yesterday so that I can personally thank each and every single one of you for the kind words relating to the early departure of Bob Varley. Diana brought the wonderful blogs to my attention last night and I know that they mean a lot to her. There will be good days and bad days to come in our future, but we know that Bob will be with us forever. So thank you for letting the family know how much Bob meant to all of you, the words, thoughts, and prayers mean more than words can express.

Sincerely,
Bob's Vegas Daughter.

Angela,
Thank you for taking the time to stop by our boards. If there is anything we can do, please let us know. You and your family have my deepest sympathies.

DVCsince02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 12:19 PM   #514
Mickey_Man
DIS Veteran

1/12 CR New job celebration! 1/11 SSR 1st Full Marathon 9/10 CSR -Baby's first trip! FEB 2010 Dolphin: Winter Getaway! JUL 2009 Wilderness Lodge Villas & Swan: 6th Anniversary DEC 2008 - Dolphin - Mousefest/MVMCP JUL 2008 - BCV & WL - 5th Anniversary JAN 2008 - Dolphin - WDW Half Marathon JUL 2007 - Dolphin JAN 2007 -Dolphin - WDW 5K AUG 2006 - Dolphin FEB 2004 -CB JUL 2003 - WEDDING @ Wedding Pavilion and Honeymoon @ Grand Floridian!!!! FEB 2000 - 1st trip! Dixie Landings
Mickey_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 12:21 PM   #515
ToledoDisFan
Earning My Ears

I am very sad to hear about Bob's passing. I always hoped that someday my wife and I would be down at Disney and have the chance to meet Bob. He always made me laugh, my co-workers probably think I am nuts. It is indeed a very sad day. Our prayers and hearts go out to Bob's family and friends.

Doug
ToledoDisFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 12:22 PM   #516
WDWBetsy
found her happily ever after!!!

My thoughts & prayers are with Diana and all of Bob's family & friends. My DH and I enjoyed listening to him on the podcast, and he will truly be missed.

Art of Animation Cars Family Suite
April 4-10, 2015
DH (44), me (43), DS (15), DD (12), & DD (8)
WDWBetsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 12:43 PM   #517
shovan
DIS Veteran

I'm very saddened to learn of Bob's passing. My sincere condolences to his friends and family. Never met Bob, but feel like we've lost a friend.

Si Si, Monsier! has become a typical response around here. Bob will be sorely missed.

shovan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 12:51 PM   #518
bigmoonmullen
Disney Adventurer

This is extremely sad news. Bob... Rest in Peace.

Our family, also wants to send our condolences to Diana and all of Bob’s family.

Sincerely,

The Mullen Family in WI & MO
2008 - Dolphin / OKW (Nov/Dec)
2009 - Dolphin (Oct)
2010 - Swan / POD2.0 / Swan (Dec)
2011 - ABD - Backstage Magic Tour (Apr)
2011 - Oct - Fun with friends
2012 - May - VWL & BCV
2012 - Oct - BCV & DCL Fantasy
Upcoming:
2012 - Dec - BCV & DCL Fantasy
bigmoonmullen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 01:01 PM   #519
gppnj

Mouseketeer

I am so sorry to hear this news. My sympathies go out to Bob's friends and loved ones, especially his wife. Bob touched many lives and brought a smile to many people.

[img]
http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa108/rgmarquez/sigs/GCVLogo3-1a.jpg[/img]

Next WDW trip: Dec. 3-7, 2009, at the Villas at Wilderness Lodge. (Yay!) I'll be there after a Disney cruise from Nov. 29 - Dec. 3.
gppnj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 01:01 PM   #520
DisDarling
Mouseketeer
I have yet to conquer any of the Mountains, they terrify me!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kialua03 View Post

Sincerely,
Bob's Vegas Daughter.

((((((((Angela))))))))) Hugs to you and your entire family. I am SO sorry for your loss. Please give an especially big hug to Diana for us.

We are always here for all of you.

Amy P from WI
DisDarling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 01:01 PM   #521
HallsInTheKingdom
Mouseketeer

Bawb, we will miss you!

www.facebook.com/amyhall.fl SSR Owner since 3/2008
Sep07 DCL- May08 SSR - Sep09 AKV Jambo - Nov09 DCL- Dec09 BWV (DISapalooza) - Jan10 OKW - Feb10 CSR - Mar10 Pop Century - May10 BWV - Sep10 THV - Oct10 AKL - Nov10 AKL - Jan11 BLT - Nov11 DCL Nov12 SSR - Mar13 AKL - Sep13 BLT (MNSSHP) - Dec13 DCL&SSR - Jun15 Aulani HI
HallsInTheKingdom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 01:06 PM   #522
raidermatt
Beware of the dark side. Anger...fear...aggression. The dark side of the Force are they.

I've been a bit out of the loop the last few days and just found out about Bob's passing and like many others, am shocked. My deepest and sincerest sympathies and prayers go out to Bob's friends and family. I am very sorry for your loss.
raidermatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 01:13 PM   #523
Gren
Earning My Ears

I was shocked by the news, but I must say that I was even more shocked by my reaction. Like most of the posters on this thread, I have never met him, but I feel like I've lost an old friend.

We'll miss you, Bob!
Old 04-30-2008, 01:31 PM   #524
Becx N Gav

DIS Veteran

We would like to offer our deepest condolences to Bobs family, the Podcast crew and all the Disers.
Despite only starting to listen to the Podcasts a couple of months ago both my husband and myself feel like we know the whole crew, we were deeply upset to find out the sad news.
At times like these you really appreciate the Dis community and see how caring it is.
Many thanks to Bobs family and the Podcast crew for taking the time to keep us all posted during this hard time.

X
X
X
DLP Santa Fe - Oct 2000 *DLP New York Hotel - Jan 2004 *WDW Grand Floridian/Beach Club - Sept 2005 *WDW Beach Club - Oct 2006 *DFTW WDW Wilderness Lodge Villas/Boardwalk Inn - Oct 2007 *DLP Sequoia Lodge - March 2008 *WDW Saratoga Springs - Dec 2008 *Swan and DCL Podcast cruise - May 2009 *WDW Beach Club Villas - Sept 2009 *DCL 11 night Med cruise - April 2010 *WDW Saratoga Springs/Animal Kingdom Villas - Kidani Village/Bay Lake Towers and DCL Podcast cruise 2 - Dec 2010* WDW Old Key West - Dec 2011
Becx N Gav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 01:33 PM   #525
LilGMom
It makes me want to Kiss on the lips!
I have caught myself laughing more than a few times

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmssee View Post
OK we cheat a little, or as we like to call it, we play "Varley Golf"

I'm going to miss our golf adventures. I'm going to miss his wit and his sense of humor. I miss my friend. Rest in Peace Bobby.
I remember him telling us all about "Varley Golf" and thought to myself that was a golf game that I'd enjoy. Thank you for sharing your story and offer my condolences on the loss of your friend.
Animal Kingdom Lodge Jambo, Animal Kingdom Villas Kidani (aka "Home"), Bay Lake Towers, Beach Club Villas, Boardwalk Villas, Carribean Beach, The Contemporary, Coronado Springs, Old Key West, Pop Century, Port Orleans French Quarter & Riverside, Saratoga Springs (aka "Home"), Shades of Green, Swan, Treehouse Villas, Villas at Wilderness Lodge, Wilderness Lodge, Yacht Club, & the Disney Dream.

Upcoming trips: Whenver we feel like it. Living close has its perks.
"Well if there's enough room for a chowder-head like you, then there is more than enough room for a dragon" - Pete's Dragon
LilGMom is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: