Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-30-2008, 09:23 AM   #496
dmccarty
DIS Veteran

Middle of the week, time for The PODCAST!

Woo Hoo....

Then I saw the news about Bawb and it took my breath away.

Still shocked.

After scanning through 33 pages on this thread its very apparent that Bawb, as well as the rest of the Podcast team, have touched a large number of people.

Hopefully in this horrible time for Bawb and the Podcast family there is some joy in knowing how many people they have touched. To have this many people, most of whom have never met in person only through the DISBoard, suffering the loss of Bawb, has to show the positive impact Bawb had in life.

I would like to know what Bawb and Walt are talking about at the moment. What does Walk think of the Kart Kam?

I won't say RIP since I'm sure St. Peter gave Bawb permanent Fastpasses and at the moment Bawb is off on a ride somewhere... Gooo Bawb!

You will be missed but not forgotten.
Oct 2007 CBR
Apr 1998 and May 1997 CR
70's to 1997 too many trips to count.

Disney is a lens that focuses on people.
Sometimes it exposes the worst.
Most of the time it highlights the best.
dmccarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 09:27 AM   #497
Disney8704
I so need to do that!
I have 2 cats who LOVE to climb on top of EVERYTHING

I know its hard not to mourn over the loss of our dear friend. But Im sure he would not want any of us to cry or be saddened of him leaving earth and entering heaven. He's with our heavenly father now. Instead of being sad, let us be happy and remember the good times. Let us celebrate his life! After all, he is with the dream maker himself, Walt Disney!
Disney8704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 09:33 AM   #498
MarkinRichmond
DVC Member - 2005

Thoughts and Prayers for Bawb

Tammy-Lynn and I are both so sad to hear of your loss. It is a great loss for all of us. Bawb's magical wit will be sorely missed. We will be thinking of all of you at this difficult time.

Mark & Tammy-Lynn Terry
Richmond, VA
MarkinRichmond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 09:38 AM   #499
WebmasterAlex
DIS Veteran

DISboards Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LouMongello View Post
Although I have not posted here before, I wanted to come on and offer my sincerest condolences to Bob's family - both his immediate and extended here on the DIS and on the DISUnplugged.

It's of course always sad when someone passes, but when we as an entire community of Disney fans lose a fellow member, it's even harder. Although I did not know him personally, I can see from the outpouring of support both here and elsewhere online that he was a friend to many, and enjoyed by even more.

I know that podcasts allow both hosts and listeners to connect in a very personal way, and I'm sure that many of you felt Bob was a friend, even though you may never have met him in person. The entire Disney podcast community feels a loss today as well.

Again, my heartfelt condolences to all of you who suffered a loss from his passing.
Thank you Lou we appreciate your coming to visit and extend your condolences

webmasteralex@wdwinfo.com
No Tag, No Signature.....no Need
WebmasterAlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 09:39 AM   #500
DexLabDeeDee
Hollywood, 1939. Amidst the glitz and glitter...the Hollywood Tower Hotel was a star in its own right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommaluvsDis View Post
Bob,

Say hi to Walt for us...
I came back to this thread to read what others have written since I posted and to just try and make sense of something that doesn't. I was thinking last night about how now Bob will be able to meet Walt Disney. How wonderful would that be?

___Planning a vacation for September! _ PTR
DexLabDeeDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 09:48 AM   #501
jjpenguin
A penguin with mouse ears & wooden shoes?
I'm going to sulk!!

Such sad news, I met Bob once and he was very gracious.
My thoughts are with his family at this difficult time.
July 1974 Offsite * Feb 1997 Offsite * Feb 1998 Offsite * Feb 1999 Offsite * Feb 2000 POFQ and Disney Wonder * March 2001 DLP Sequoia Lodge * Nov 2001 1st DVC trip VWL + OKW * March 2003 BWV + AKL Concierge * May 2004 HH + BCV for Star Wars Weekends * Nov 2004 OKW solo trip * Feb 2005 Disneyland * Sept 2005 DVC Member Cruise & Vero Beach * May 2006 Star Wars Weekends again, at BWV * Sept 2006 2nd Solo trip at ASMu and SSR * May 2007 Using up our AP at OKW - Pirates of the Caribbean Adventure on the 7 Seas Lagoon * Sept 2007 Very last minute quick fix solo trip at SSR! * Sept 2008 - DH and me at SSR

jjpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 09:52 AM   #502
Jennygt
DIS Veteran

I am in shock as are so many others. I was not able to get to a computer yeaterday and I could not belive it when I went to the Podcast main page. I was going to the you tube link because my son loves to watch the send Bob to the parks segment at mgm. I am in tears at this tragic news. I never met Bob in person but I feel as if I know him and I looked for him in the parks during our last trip. My heart goes out to Diana and Brian, I had a similar expereince with the circumstances around my fathers death and I know how traumatized she is right now. My thoughts and prayers are with you Pete, John, Julie, Corey, Kevin, Regina, and the entire Dis family.
Jennifer

Jennygt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 10:04 AM   #503
stevelamb121
DLP Lover

RIP Bob....You have touched many people through the podcast (as does everyone else) You will be missed by many the world over.

I hope you have a nice walk in Main St. in the sky.

Like everyon else, my thoughts and prayers are with Bob's Family and the podcast crew.
Xmas '99 3 weeks Offsite @ WDW, Xmas 03 2 weeks Offsite @ WDW, Xmas '05 3 weeks CBR + Wedding @ Pavillion in WDW, May '07 1 week Santa Fe @ DLP, May '08 1 week Cheyenne @ DLP, May '09 1 week NPBC @ DLP, May '10 1 week Cheyenne @ DLP, Nov '10 Winter visit to Santa Fe @DLP

Hey TAG-FAIRY "HIT ME BABY"
stevelamb121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 10:18 AM   #504
Pixiedustspreader
Mouseketeer

Bob will be missed by many, many that have not had the pleasure of meeting him in person. I also have only come to know him via the podcast, boards, and kart cam videos. He has touched us all. I miss him.

My prayers are with his family and friends during this this difficult time.
Pixiedustspreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 10:22 AM   #505
StacyPop
Things have a way of working themselves out
I am planning on eating my way around the world

omg i cant believe it
how sad for all of us who loved hearing him
my prayers go out to his family-i dont even know what to say!
what a loss!

StacyPop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 10:48 AM   #506
DLR 1&only
Earning My Ears

My thoughts are with my extended family

Dear Team -

I was looking forward to the podcast like normal, I got to work today and jumped to the site to listen.

I am now setting at my desk remembering all the laughter Bob brought to my day and how he lightened my boring day of paper pushing. I even smile at how his cartcam videos made me want to hurl like spinning a tea cup just a little to much.

My thoughts are with you all during this time. Bob will be missed by many but I am sure St. Peter will not require a finger scan. After all it's Bob.

We look forward to the podcast teams return but I am sure I speak for all the listeners, we will all be here when you return, please take time to reflect and remember...we all will.

Bob you are missed.
Old 04-30-2008, 10:48 AM   #507
mmssee
Earning My Ears

Bob has been my friend for many many years. I have known Bob long before he got involved with the DIS and Dreams. We were golfing buddies. We used to play with another friend almost every Wed. We missed Bob when he moved down to Florida, but still kept in touch. The first year Bob and his family settled into their new home, he invited us to stay with them for a few days in January. We have now been doing this for the past 8 January's. My friend Mike and I brought our golf clubs and all we did was play golf, laugh, and eat at great restaurants Bob had found. Bob loved to eat good food and he loved to play golf. No one in our little group is very good. Actually on occasion we have been known to embellish our scores. OK we cheat a little, or as we like to call it, we play "Varley Golf"

One of the funniest memories I have of Bob was one of the first times I ever played golf with him. This is when Mike and I were first introduced to "Varley Golf".

Bob teed up his ball and then proceeded to hit a less than desirable shot. I then started to tee my ball up so I could hit my shot. Bob "said wait I'm not done yet." He then took another golf ball out of his pocket, teed it up and hit another less than desirable shot. Then he hit another, and another, and yet another. I think he hit six or seven in all, I lost count. He kept hitting until he was satisfied. When we all finally got to the green and finished the hole. I was keeping score, so I asked Bob what he got for a score, so I could mark it down. He turned to me and said,"I got a par". "Varley Golf" was born!!

I'm going to miss our golf adventures. I'm going to miss his wit and his sense of humor. I miss my friend. Rest in Peace Bobby.
mmssee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 10:52 AM   #508
sportears
Mouseketeer

Bob

There is no doubt that God has welcomed Bob into heaven with open arms. There's also no doubt that he's telling Bob right now, it's heaven Bob, not heavern. We mourn the loss of a great friend to all of us, even though most of us had never met him. We will miss him terribly, and our thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends, the ones who knew him best. Pete, if you can, please post a charitable organization that Diane would like contributions made to, in Bob's memory. Thanks.
sportears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 11:01 AM   #509
ArielRae
1042 mi from WDW

Unhappy

I have to say that DH and I just got back from our trip to atlantic city and was stunned to find this out.
Our hearts and prayers go out to the family and everyone who loved him.
Animal Kingdom Lodge - 2006
Pop Century - 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009(Pregnant), 2013(Solo), 2104(Mother & Son Trip)
Fort Wilderness - 2012(Tent Camping), 2013(DS's 1st Trip), 2013
Disney's Wonder - 2006
Disney's Dream - 2011
Disney's Fantasy - 2012(Thanksgiving Cruise)

ArielRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 11:06 AM   #510
DVCsince02
Everyone knows is better

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmssee View Post
Bob has been my friend for many many years. I have known Bob long before he got involved with the DIS and Dreams. We were golfing buddies. We used to play with another friend almost every Wed. We missed Bob when he moved down to Florida, but still kept in touch. The first year Bob and his family settled into their new home, he invited us to stay with them for a few days in January. We have now been doing this for the past 8 January's. My friend Mike and I brought our golf clubs and all we did was play golf, laugh, and eat at great restaurants Bob had found. Bob loved to eat good food and he loved to play golf. No one in our little group is very good. Actually on occasion we have been known to embellish our scores. OK we cheat a little, or as we like to call it, we play "Varley Golf"

One of the funniest memories I have of Bob was one of the first times I ever played golf with him. This is when Mike and I were first introduced to "Varley Golf".

Bob teed up his ball and then proceeded to hit a less than desirable shot. I then started to tee my ball up so I could hit my shot. Bob "said wait I'm not done yet." He then took another golf ball out of his pocket, teed it up and hit another less than desirable shot. Then he hit another, and another, and yet another. I think he hit six or seven in all, I lost count. He kept hitting until he was satisfied. When we all finally got to the green and finished the hole. I was keeping score, so I asked Bob what he got for a score, so I could mark it down. He turned to me and said,"I got a par". "Varley Golf" was born!!

I'm going to miss our golf adventures. I'm going to miss his wit and his sense of humor. I miss my friend. Rest in Peace Bobby.

Thank you for sharing your memories of Bawb with us. Those of us who listen regularly to the podcast know what "Varley Golf" is and have heard of the great times he has had playing with his friends. I hope you pass along to the rest of Bawb's friends and family how much we will all miss him too.

DVCsince02 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: