Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-29-2008, 09:58 PM   #436
ChristaDeVil
DIS Veteran

You all (the team and Bob's family and friends) are in my thoughts and prayers at this time.
Old 04-29-2008, 10:00 PM   #437
PrincessBelle39
DIS Veteran

I'm so shocked to hear this. I'm also shaking. Have never met Bob but it feels like I have lost a close friend. My thoughts are with you all as well as with Diana and the rest of Bobs family.
September 2005 - Disneyland, Desert Palms Inn & Suites
August 1999 - Disneyland, Park Vue Inn
February 1996 - Disneyland, Carousel Inn
November 1994 - Disneyland Paris
PrincessBelle39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 10:04 PM   #438
Tess'smom
Mouseketeer

Although I did not know Bob personally, he will be missed terribly. I can't believe that this wonderful funny man who brought joy and laughter to thousands of people, and was taken away so early and suddenly. My prayers and thoughts go out to his family and loved ones.
Tess'smom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 10:08 PM   #439
helper
Earning My Ears

Another daily lurker who logged on to hear the podcast.Had to post to say how much i enjoyed and will miss Bob.So very sorry..
helper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 10:11 PM   #440
gatorfreud
DIS Veteran

I will also be keeping Bob, his family, and friends in my thoughts and prayers. I am relatively new to the DIS, and tonight just ran across my first Bob video from Star Wars weekends on youtube. His funny attitude and helpful information will be sorely missed! My heart goes out to his family as well as all who have been touched by Bob. He will be missed.
3/07 - All Star Sports
7/07 - Disney's Vero Beach
11/07 - MVMCP, POR and Coronado Springs
1/08 - Disneyland
3/08 - Camping at Fort Wilderness
6/08 - Saratoga Springs and SWW!
10/08- DLR, GCH no kids!
11/08 - DLR, DLH Thanksgiving
4/09- Off site
6/09 - CBR and Poly
9/09- DLR, DLH
gatorfreud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 10:15 PM   #441
jamieT
A trip to Disney is just what I need....

I had to read all the posts before I could even begin to put my thoughts into words. I am numb. I cannot even believe I could feel this heartsick over losing someone I have never "met" After 400 plus posts I can say this man made more of an impact than he could have possibly known. I couldn't help but laughing out loud at him. I couldn't help but feel defensive for him when everyone was teasing him!

I just feel sick. I have come to love you guys at the DIS. Pete, Corey, julie, John and Kevin As well as Regina and Will. As well as the faithful DISers on the boards. but Bob..... well he was in a league of his own. I hung on his every word.

Diana, you may not ever read this, but if you do, please know how truely sorry I am. your husband was part of our family on a weekly basis! I looked forward to his voice or his blog more than I care to admit.

A few others described it like losing an uncle. Yes, that about says it.... that favorite Uncle who always has time to talk to you at whatever level you need him.....heartsick is all I can feel. You are all in my prayers. I hope you are feeling Gods comfort at this very difficult time!
jamieT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 10:17 PM   #442
ChrissyLynn88
Earning My Ears

Another lurker looking for the podcast... saw this sad news instead.

I'm so very sad and sorry to hear about the loss of Bob Varley.

He brought a smile to my face every time he spoke. We Massachusetts folk have a kinship!

My deepest condolences to his family and to the PodCast Crew and everyone else who was touched by this man.

He will be missed.

Chrissy

30 years of Disney trips!
'08- POP!!! 6 weeks and counting!, '07- Pop, '06- Pop
'05- PO Riverside, '04- Off Property, '03- Off Property
'02- Buena Vista Palace, '01- Buena Vista Palace
'00- Buena Vista Palace, '99- Dixie Landings
'98- (Dec) CP Revisited- Vista Way, '98- (Jan) All Star Sports, '97- COLLEGE PROGRAM! (August-January) Vista Way, '94- Off Property, '91- Yacht Club, '89- Caribbean Beach, '83- Off Property, '77- Polynesian (I was only 2!)
ChrissyLynn88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 10:20 PM   #443
amgine27
MGPartners.info

Bob(bawb) you'll will be missed forever.RIP
amgine27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 10:21 PM   #444
JoeG
Enjoying the Disney Lobotomy!!

Unhappy

It is hard to put into words the sadness with the passing of a friend. Bob was a friend that you all on the PodCast crew shared with us...... And for that I am very grateful!!! I know that I will toast Bawb with a Dole Whip the next trip to the Magic Kingdom, with a tear in my eye.

My sympathies and prayers are with Bob's family and the PodCast Crew.

Last edited by JoeG; 05-07-2008 at 05:01 PM.
JoeG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 10:27 PM   #445
Paul in CT
DIS Veteran

This is very sad news. My wife and I met Bob in December at the podcast meet. We are so happy that we had the chance to meet him even though we felt we knew him from the podcasts. He was as nice in person as he came across in the podcast. I cannot imagine the podcasts without him and his beloved KartKam.

Our thoughts and prayers go out to Diana and Brian in this difficult time and also to the podcast team. It was so apparent to us from our meeting them all that this is a family loss for all of them.

Bob, you will be greatly missed.

Paul in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 10:27 PM   #446
If U Had Wings
DIS Veteran

My thoughts and condolences are with all of Bob's family and friends. After listening to the podcast for so long I feel as if I've lost a good friend. He will be missed by so many that he made laugh, even though we never met face to face.

All my thoughts and prayers.

Hockety Pockety Wockety Wack a Tale of a Trip from the Back of the Pack

Ferb, I Know What We're Going to Do Today! 12/5-12/1213.1 Before I hit 40 - A New PTR
If U Had Wings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 10:30 PM   #447
Carolinagal

Mouseketeer

So very sorry to hear!

I have only this week discovered the podcast and have been listening to past shows with pleasure. Bob is a joy to hear, and I know his friendship enriched your lives.

Bob brought joy to us all by sharing his love for Disney, and the world is sadder for his passing. To his friends and family, I wish you peace and offer prayers for your comfort.

Thank you Bob, and God bless
Carolinagal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 10:40 PM   #448
andrabell
Property of Walt Disney (BPAL RULES) !PATA PATA!

Shocked and saddened by this terrible news. Bawb, you will be missed. Sincerest condolences to Diana, Brian and all of Bawbs family, friends and fans.
Old 04-29-2008, 11:02 PM   #449
quietgirll
DIS Veteran

shocked, surprised, saddened...heartbroken. that is how i think we are feeling right now...bob was loved by us all for being a true original. my thoughts and prayers are with all of his friends and family in this difficult time..
Old 04-29-2008, 11:02 PM   #450
sabyancw
Earning My Ears

Deepest sympathy

Our deepest sympathy goes out to Bob's family, and really everyone involved with the DIS. He has so quickly (and sneakily) become a part of all of our lives, and I'm glad to have had that. We obviously never met him, but we're sure that he was a fantastic man and a great friend... despite all the pauses and mispronunciations.

We'll miss you Bob. Truly.

-Christian and Ryan
sabyancw is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: