Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-20-2008, 11:56 PM   #61
the4princesses
WE LOVE DISNEY WORLD

HI JUST WANTING TO KNOW HOW YOU ARE DOING?
I'VE ENJOYED READING YOUR POST, WAITING TO
READ MORE?
I HOPE YOU ARE DOING OK???
CAN'T WAIT TO SEE WHAT CAKE YOU CHOSE
AND YOUR DRESS??
KATHY
Old 07-21-2008, 01:01 PM   #62
pink_tink8i8
DIS Veteran

I love the simple centerpieces with all the candles and a few flowers!
Your monograms are always amazing! I really need you to make me some

pink_tink8i8 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-21-2008, 01:17 PM   #63
JoJo1980
DIS Veteran

Everything looks wonderful!! Very chic and sophisticated - I love it and OMG your engagement ring has made me lost for words, apart from 'stunning'
JoJo1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 03:59 PM   #64
camara381
DIS Veteran

Hi Ladies!! Sorry Iíve been gone so longÖ Iíve been so busy with work and school! Sergio was gone for 3 weeks visiting his family, and we got back from our Site Visit and Engagement Session this morning! Itís been hectic, especially with the storm that hit Florida!!!! Marcel (son) is finally back with us after spending all summer in Miami with my mother.

Carolina * : DH: Sergio * DS: Marcel * DS: Aleczander * DDog: Romeo

Holy Redeemer Catholic Church/ Italy Isola / Italy Plaza / Living Seas Salon (LSS)
My Planning Journal September 05, 2009
camara381 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 04:43 PM   #65
camara381
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoJo1980 View Post
Everything looks wonderful!! Very chic and sophisticated - I love it and OMG your engagement ring has made me lost for words, apart from 'stunning'
Thank you so much!!! I think I love the ring more than Sergio!! HA HA !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pink_tink8i8 View Post
I love the simple centerpieces with all the candles and a few flowers!
Your monograms are always amazing! I really need you to make me some
After seeing the reception site i really do think that simple centerpeices will look better. Italy is so gorgeous all on its own.
I'm still not happy with my monogram, but i would love to create one for you. let me know!

Quote:
Originally Posted by the4princesses View Post
HI JUST WANTING TO KNOW HOW YOU ARE DOING?
I'VE ENJOYED READING YOUR POST, WAITING TO
READ MORE?
I HOPE YOU ARE DOING OK???
CAN'T WAIT TO SEE WHAT CAKE YOU CHOSE
AND YOUR DRESS??
KATHY
AWW!!!! you are so sweet! Thanks for checking up on me!!! I will be doing a lot of updates soon... site visit, engagement session, invitation changes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyBrideToni View Post
Your dress is gorgeous!!!!!! I love the cap sleeves I wish my dress had them. I might have to add them on...hmmm.. You will look like a princess!!!!!! Love it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 29apr00 View Post
WOW your dress is gorgeous!! I love it! You're going to be a princess for sure on your wedding day!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pink_tink8i8 View Post
OHHHHH I love the dress! classy and sexy all in one
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyBride View Post
The first words that ran through my head was WOW! That is a dress! It's very pretty! I love the sleeves too! I thought about adding some to my dress for about five seconds.
Thank you ladies I will try to post more pics soon! I wasn't to keen on the idea of cap sleeves but once i tried the dress on it looked perfect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the4princesses View Post
Your dress is so pretty, the ring is gorgeous!!!,
you have the most exqusite taste!!
I love your choices!!
I choose the #2 cake I truly think it would go much better with the theme of your wedding!! It would look so pretty with your intials on it!!
My dd19 does wedding cakes!! go to her site and you can see the wedding cake she did for a wedding 2 weeks ago!! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post25736891
I was wanting to know what is a "civil service"
You are going to be the prettiest bride!!
Your ds is so cute!!
Can't wait to see more!!
Kathy
thank you so much for all of your compliments. the looked at the cake you daughter made it is so beautiful!! she is really talented!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by alissa2008 View Post
I love the shoulder caps on the dress!! I'm not a huge fan of the cathedral train because I really don't like being the center of attention (ha, yeah, bride, duh) anyway -- I think it will look fantastic on you -- you have such a great shaped face!! I know that sounds weird, but like in that pic of you with your ears on, your face is so symmetrical - you're gorgeous!!

BTW, where did you get your tiara? i love it!
I am the complete opposite of you I love being the center of attention. I don't want anyone walking into the church with me because it will distract from me! You are so sweet, i have never been told I had a great shaped face!!! that's funny. thank you!! The tiara I got it on ebay from rbsze.

Holy Redeemer Catholic Church/ Italy Isola / Italy Plaza / Living Seas Salon (LSS)
Old 08-20-2008, 08:20 PM   #66
the4princesses
WE LOVE DISNEY WORLD

I'm so glad you are back and can't wait to read all the new info!!
I know you are going to have the most wonderful wedding ever!!
You are goin to be the most beautiful bride ever!!

Please post sooooooonnnn!!
Kathy
Old 08-22-2008, 01:16 PM   #67
camara381
DIS Veteran

SITE VISIT & E-PICS SESSION
The first days were boring and uneventful so I won’t spend too much time on them.
We didn’t arrive to Miami until 2:30 am (the flight was supposed to leave Houston at 6 it left at 11:30- I hate American Airlines)so we didn't have a chance to pick up the rental car until the following morning. Anyway so we spent all Saturday in Miami with my baby! I was so excited to see him, 4 months was way too long.

We drove to Orlando early Sunday morning and made it there in a record 3 hours! Usually it takes us 5. Apparently we made it to Orlando before Tropical Storm Fay did!! The day was gorgeous.

Once I started seeing the Disney signs I went nuts!!!! I was so excited!!!!

We stayed at the Pop this time, I had never been there and it turned out to be really cute, I loved it. Even though we were early we decided to check in anyway and then walk around the Pop and take some pictures.

When we checked in the girl gave me these cute “happy anniversary” buttons, I explained to her why we were there but she insisted we keep and wear our buttons anyway. So we did. This was cause for a lot of attention!

We hung out in the room for a little while. We had reservations at 1900 Park Fare so after some more pics we headed over to the Grand.

I love 1900 PF. They gave us these cute little place mats with the characters signatures. we took pics with all of them, i had never seen sergio so excited to take pics with the characters. he was having a ball.

Last edited by camara381; 08-22-2008 at 09:00 PM.
Old 08-22-2008, 04:33 PM   #68
Goldeelox9
Our Disney Cruise Line Wedding ~ November 4, 2008

Awe...Don't you and Cinderella look pretty!
*-:¶:-Lisa -:¶:-*Click to read about my wedding :Our Disney Cruise Wedding, Don't miss my B2B on the Dream Trip Report. My newest trip report is Disneyland - DCL, Hawaii, Aulani & Disneyland Still a work in progress!

February 1982 - Off Site; June 1995 - Offsite; February 1998 - AllStar Music; February 2000 - Disney Magic; January 2002 - Carribean Beach Resort & Disney Wonder; January 2004 - Port Orleans Riverside & Disney Wonder; January 2006 - Pop Century; February 2007 - Pop Century; November 2008 - Disney Wonder Wedding & Animal Kingdom Lodge; November 2009 - All Star Movies, Treehouse Villas & Disney Wonder; December 2009 - All Star Music ; January 2011 - POFQ, BLT & Disney Magic Cruise;
September 2011, AKL & B2B - Disney Dream & Wilderness Lodge; January 2012 - Boardwalk; October 2012 - Grand Californian at Disneyland; October 2012 - Disney Wonder to Hawaii; October 2012 - Candy Cane Inn at Disneyland; February 2013 - BLT & Disney Dream & Beach Club Resort; May 2013 - Animal Kingdom Lodge; September 2013 - Polynesian & Fantasy; October 2013 - Art of Animation; December 2013 - Old Key West; February 2014 - Animal Kingdom Lodge; February - 2014 - Grand Californian; May 2014 - Animal Kingdom Lodge, Disney Magic B2B, Bay Lake Towers; May 2014 - Wilderness Lodge for Star Wars Weekend; August 2014 - Old Key West, Beach Club Villas & Disney Dream
Goldeelox9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 08:51 PM   #69
Rebclay
I found my prince!!!

I can't wait to hear how the rest of your day went.

Rebecca & Allen's PJ 9/6/10 DP/WP/Bistro de Paris
Rebclay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 12:47 AM   #70
camara381
DIS Veteran

Monday – Site Visit Day:

We skipped breakfast because we were running really late. We managed to get to Francks 5 mins before our appt. time. When we walked in Heidi was standing at the door waiting for us. I have to say she is AWESOME!!!! So we sat down and started going thru my 8 pages of questions. Heidi was so wonderful she answered all of them and even took notes.

These are some of the questions I asked Heidi:
A price breakdown (what will I be charged for) EXTRAS / FEES
$300 - to move existing umbrella tables
$2500 – site fee (Italy plaza / Italy west)
will find out if we can combine the minimums of the locations so we don’t have a separate minimum to use the AAR Parlor for the kids.
$250 – venue rental AAR Parlor

Since the CH only last 1 hr and the trio is paid for 3 hrs can they be used @ the offsite ceremony? Extra Fee? They still will only be used for 2 hrs including the ceremonyThere is no extra fee to use the string trio during the ceremony, but it will depend on the ceremony location site and on Disney entertainment. will find out if it is allowed

When will save the dates go out?
They are publishing new save the dates, those will be available in October. Heidi recommended we wait until they come out and she will send us a sample. Said they are to look more like formal invitations instead of brochures.

Is it possible to include our own STD magnets in the mailing?
No need to mail that on your own.

Do we have to have our full invite list ready to go for STDs
No it is preferable that most of the guests are on the list but not all we will get extras in case we need to add people. Guest list needs to be sent out in excel format.

What if it rains so hard they cancel fireworks what if it rains at all? What is our backup location?

It usually does not rain if it does cocktail hour will be moved to and indoor location.
Backup locations are TBD. Other options are Living Seas Salon, Odyssey, maybe China Pavillion.

How will we handle people that are not staying at Disney?
They should park their car at Epcot, and we can have the Bus do a second pickup either at epcot or WP or a resort.

If people drive themselves how will they get to the reception? Behind the scenes?
Everyone must be bused in so they can park at epcot before the ceremony, the bus will pick them up then the bus will drive everyone to from the church to epcot backstage.

Can dis transportation be used to the ceremony?
Yes. Mears transportation.

if so, is there a limit on distance?
No there is no limit on distance, if we need more time we can use them.

How will we handle illuminations viewing fees for those that have park hopper tickets, regular tickets for that day, or AP’s?
Either everyone had tickets and we are not charged for anyone or we are charged for all guests.

Payment dates
$2000 deposit/ in check with contract
remaining minimum due – 90 days before event.
$overage due 30 days before
72 hours before must provide final guest count

Deposit Amount
$2000

Do you have the STD in Spanish?
They will translate the STD into Spanish and then send it to me to proof.

(i love her bag!!!)

We then headed over to Epcot to look at the locations. I loved driving backstage:

This is where we will come for our tasting

We went to see the:
Grand Summer House - where rehearsal dinner will be
Living Seas Salon - possible rain out location

Italy West - pre-reception

Italy Plaza – reception

AAR Parlor - where the children’s party will be

Once we were done we came back to Francks, finished up the meeting and I took a few pics around at things I liked:

Last edited by camara381; 08-23-2008 at 01:01 AM.
Old 08-23-2008, 02:00 AM   #71
IndyBride
DIS Veteran

I'm glad she was able to answer all of your questions!!! Were you exhausted afterwards? It's so much information!
Old 08-26-2008, 12:06 AM   #72
camara381
DIS Veteran

i'm going NUTS!!!!! i have been patiently waiting for Randy to post our e-pics on his site, it's been 10 DAYS and still nothing...how much longer...AGH!!!

On another note only 2 more weeks until we get confirmation on our date, I CAN'T WAIT! These seriously have got to be the longest 2 weeks of my life!!!

Last edited by camara381; 08-26-2008 at 07:19 AM.
Old 08-26-2008, 12:27 AM   #73
Lynn5700
WOO HOO I will be there

Aww you got to meet with Heidi!! I love her..isn't she the cutest.

It's only been ten days?? or ten weeks???
Lynn5700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 07:19 AM   #74
camara381
DIS Veteran

I know she is sooo cute!!!!

(oops, I fixed it now) It's been ONLY 10 days, how am I going to survive?!?!?

Old 08-27-2008, 03:49 PM   #75
camara381
DIS Veteran

I received the dreaded ROOM BLOCK email from Heidi! I have no idea what hotels to pick and how many rooms. UGH!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: