Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-23-2009, 12:59 PM   #331
DISNEY*lover
DIS Veteran

Carolina, I'm so sorry you guys got moved to LSS but I'm sure it was still beautiful and breath-taking. On a lighter note, you looked gorgeous! I love the blue crinny, the dress, and the veil! The hair and makeup looks beautiful too! Can't wait to see more!

PS - Not bad pics for an iPhone!

September 7, 2009 I married my best friend
Wedding Pavilion California Grill UK Lower
*PJ & TR!
DISNEY*lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 01:09 PM   #332
jspahn
Disney Bride October 2009

Can't wait to see more pics! You look beautiful!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-24-2009, 08:43 PM   #333
MegKate
2010 UMaine Graduate... now unemployed. What to do? Spend time on the DIS!

Just gorgeous!!! Can't wait for your TR! Don't start it until like... end of October! LOL, I'm so behind in DISBoarding!
MY PJ can be found here!, Facebook me!
WDW - 1991, 1993, 2000, 2001(Contemporary), 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009 (Pop), 2011
WDL - 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998
Our Wedding/Honeymoon - October 8-20 (POFQ)

Our 5 year anniversary trip - April 26 - May 4, 2014 at the Polynesian - CASTLE VIEW!

MegKate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 11:49 AM   #334
Wish on a Star
DIS Veteran

You looked amazing- a beautiful bride!
Your cake is stunning too! I can't wait to see more
Old 09-27-2009, 06:05 PM   #335
camara381
DIS Veteran

Ok sorry it has taken me so long to start these I still donít have very many decent pictures. Everyone posts them on face book but no one will send them to me.

I flew one week before to Miami so I could meet up with my mom and finish a few things. I had 4 suitcases with me plus my dress!! The flight was delayed and when we finally boarded the plane we sat on the runway for 2.5 hours the storm caused them to close down the airport. I didnít arrive to Miami until 1:45 am!

When I arrived for some reason my mom was a bit confused and thought Sergio was flying with me so she had the most gorgeous roses for us. Each rose had our names on it. They were super cute.

I was able to finish my shoes, my mom made a garter for me, she finished embroidering the finger tip veil, we picked up all of the dress, oh and the wine bottles arrived while I was there.

My shoes. Ok well one shoe not sure why I didnít take a picture of the other one Ė it has a C and a Mickey head.

We ordered two types of wine: Raspberry merlot, and peach apricot chardonnay. I was really happy with the labels they made.

I have to say I was very happy with the dresses. The original BM are by Jim Hjelm but he doesnít make them in the colors I wanted and she was able to recreate them exactly for $55!!! She also made my moms dress and modified the FG dress to have the blue sash instead of the ivory sash. We had to modify the MOHís dress because she is 6 months pregnant but she still looked super cute.

We also made chocolates for the welcome bags, they were carriages.

Day 1 9/3:
We ended up leaving Miami to Orlando early Thursday morning. The original plan was to leave the day before but everything with my family is an ordeal. Sergio, Marcel, my brother, FSIL and a few friends were all arriving that night. Needless to say many things did not go according to plan.
The car packed (you can see the roses in one of the pictures I was determined to make them last so Sergio could see them. At this point they had already survived 7 days and they still looked pretty good):

So we finally arrive at AKL. I am such a freak when the officer greeted us at the gate we said Welcome home and I started crying! What a retard my mom thought I was psycho. We checked into our room, picked up the tuxes and went about our business. The first room they gave us still had someoneís stuff in it along with a few dozen beer bottles and trash, so we went down to the front desk and requested a different room. Overall they were pretty friendly.

The view from our room:

When we got into our room I was greeted by my boyfriends head (that sounds funny):

We had a ton of stuff to do that afternoon:
My mom needed to get her nails done
Hit Wal-Mart Ė stuff for welcome bags, water bottles
best buy: card for my camera that I somehow managed to mess it up where the camera wonít even read it.
Michaels Ė glow stick and a few other things for the kids bags for the reception.

We headed back to the hotel to put everything together. We didnít even have the favors dome. My aunt, a few cousins and the FG all came over to help assemble everything. I canít believe I forgot to take pictures of the mess we had. We left the balcony door open all day and well into the evening until we had a very UNWELCOME visitor Ė a huge no GIANT cockroach flew in! Itís amazing how something so tiny can create such havoc. The little thing had us all screaming, 6 grown women and 2 kids; it flew around landed on my cousinís head, on my foot Ė eventually we were all squished in the bathroom. One of our neighbors must have complained about the screaming someone called the room. I managed to sneak out of the bathroom to answer the phone they said they would send pest control up 20 minutes later still nothing so I called and used my Bridezilla voice a (which came out a lot during the week) and 5 minutes later they were there. The lady that came actually picked it up by its antennas SO GROSS! She went on to explain the natural order of insects and how they donít kill any animalsÖ blah blah blah I spaced out somewhere during the lecture. We were finally able to finish the favors and welcome bags minus the nasty unwanted visitor. It was pretty late so we went to the Mara for a quick dinner.

Sergio and his posse arrived that evening.

My stinker is the one on the left in the black sweater.

That's it I went to bed super excited!!!! I hadn't seen Sergie in a week so I was really missing him.

Carolina * : DH: Sergio * DS: Marcel * DS: Aleczander * DDog: Romeo

Holy Redeemer Catholic Church/ Italy Isola / Italy Plaza / Living Seas Salon (LSS)
My Planning Journal September 05, 2009
camara381 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 10:05 AM   #336
camara381
DIS Veteran

Day 2 9/4 MW Tux Disaster, Rehearsal, Rehearsal Dinner

Bright and early the next morning the guys got up to try on their tuxes. What a mess that turned out to be. Most of my guys had gone in for 2 fittings to make sure everything was right, so I don’t understand why we had so many problems. Since the wedding was the next day we had to drive out (45mins ) to the winter garden store to get things fixed. This turned into a 3 hour trip! The was not too happy to have to redo everything, but she at least tried to help. A few times she brought out the wrong things or would forget something but after 4 tuxes, alterations and countless changes we were able to get things right.

Below is a list of things that were wrong:

Groom, Sergio: The sleeves of the jacket came up above his wrist. The pants were 2 sizes too big and way too long, the shirt collar was too tight. The shoes and socks were good.

Son, Marcel: For some reason they sent a 12 yr old boy a size 42 regular mens jacket but sent kids pants that were too small, he couldn’t even zip them up. The shoes were fine but the socks were mens 9-10.

Groomsmen: The shoes for the GM were wrong. Both tuxes were too small for them and one of them the shirt was too small.

Anyway so by the time we finished there it was 2:00 and we still had to deliver all of the boxes to Francks and get ready for the rehearsal. We hurried back to the hotel and got ready we were all ready by 3:30 all of the stuff still had to be delivered and everyone that was going to the rehearsal was meeting me in the lobby of AKL at 4:00 which gave me exactly 30 minutes to load the car, get everyone organized in cars, drive over to FS and come back. My mom went with me to drop of the stuff while everyone else waited. As we are driving back 2 calls come in my MOH calls to let us know she will be late to the rehearsal and one of my bridesmaids calls to let us know that they were running late and it didn’t look like they were going to make it to the rehearsal but would be there for dinner. By 4:15 I had herded everyone into their corrals and they were on their way. The rehearsal was at 5:00 we were just a few minutes late, the priest was waiting for us outside.

So when we walk in I ask the priest if he can confess us. For those of you that don’t know living together is a sin and we would not be allowed to get married if we had not confessed. He agreed to it with the condition that is was only just us because he had a private mass to attend. Perfect! We started the rehearsal – the MOH made it on time and the BM made it half way through. The rest of the rehearsal went great, everyone knew what they were supposed to do. Wonderful!

We finally arrive at the POLY. That was the longest car ride ever! As we are getting out of the car my mom receives a call from her oncologist, who is also a really good family friend. As she steps away to talk to him I run inside and grab leis for everyone. While Sergio grab all the other stuff. I distribute the leis and we all head upstairs to wait for our table. When I checked in I gave them the box of favors and menus to set at each place setting. I was pleased to find out they were going to sit us at one of the long tables. I was a bit worried because when you make your ressie that is the first thing they tell you. Everyone went to the bar to enjoy some drinks while we wait. I met with Mikkel, who did our grooms cake.

Our grooms cake. The flag around the ball is from Sergio’s favorite soccer team:

Everyone lounging:

The girl that checked us in saw that we had the cake and came over. She had already talked to the manager and had set aside a place in the kitchen for is to set down the cake! As the cake leaves, Gail (a bride from the DISboards) comes up to us to say Hi. She was having dinner at Kona and recognized us. She is super sweet!

Group picture, there are a few heads hiding in the back somewhere:

When we get to the table we realize that there are only 15 place settings and we are 24 including the kids. That was completely my fault I forgot to tell them we had more people. They immediately brought over 2 more tables, chairs and even set down the extra menus and favors. They take the drink orders and within minutes start bringing out the food. You could tell everyone was enjoying themselves. It was a lot of fun. The food was amazing!! Some time during dinner the Magic Kingdom fireworks started. Everyone was really excited; none of them had ever seen MNSSHP FW before.

The lady that does the entertainment there asked us if we would help her with the limbo dance. I agreed for the both of us!  I didn’t think much of it and next thing you know she brings over maracas, grass skirts, a million leis. The look on sergio’s face when he saw her was too funny he looked frightened He was a good sport about it though and seemed to be having fun. Once we were all dressed up in our royal outfits we led the parade around the restaurant, danced around a bit and held the pole for the limbo contest.

After dinner everyone headed home and we decided to head over to DTD for a bit and meet up with a few of Sergio’s friends.

Carolina * : DH: Sergio * DS: Marcel * DS: Aleczander * DDog: Romeo

Holy Redeemer Catholic Church/ Italy Isola / Italy Plaza / Living Seas Salon (LSS)
My Planning Journal September 05, 2009

Last edited by camara381; 10-09-2009 at 10:14 AM.
camara381 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 02:51 PM   #337
jspahn
Disney Bride October 2009

YAY for the TR!!!

As I was reading your first couple entries, I was thinking, OMG I am not the only one who had a ton of issues!! Up until my wedding day i felt like NOTHING went right! So I completely sympathize with some of your issues.

Love the grooms cake and how fun that you got to meet another DisBride!!

Can't wait to see more pics and hear about the rest of your wedding!
Old 10-21-2009, 03:46 PM   #338
polynesianbride
DIS Veteran

Congratulations (a bit late)! Sorry to hear it rained but you looked AMAZING! Your dress is gorgeous, I love the blue crinnie and the crystals on the bottom of your shoes! Your bouquet is AMAZING! Are those orchids real or silk? Either way I LOVE them- they are HUGE! Sorry to hear about all the tux troubles- atleast they made it right in the end but I think I would have had a MAJOR bridezilla moment over this! Can't wait to see more pics of your big day! Ohana's looks like it was a hit! So glad it worked out and that they were able to accomodate your group (even though they thought it was only a group of 15 at first)- it's good to know they know they can deal with last minute changes!
polynesianbride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 09:03 AM   #339
girli565
A Miami kind of girl

I'd love to see some wedding and reception photos!

It looks like you all had a wonderful wedding!
girli565 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 04:53 PM   #340
Believing is Seeing.
"So make a wish, see it through. Dare to do what dreamers do."

I love everything you planned for you wedding. It looks like it went beautifully! I would love to see more of your TR sometime.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: