Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-05-2008, 10:16 PM   #151
DISNEY*lover
DIS Veteran

That church is GORGEOUS! I love the stained glass.

September 7, 2009 I married my best friend
Wedding Pavilion California Grill UK Lower
*PJ & TR!
DISNEY*lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 11:41 AM   #152
camara381
DIS Veteran

Not much to update. It's been a difficult few weeks Sergio had surgery on the 19th and was discharged on the 23rd. So I've been taking care of him. I have managed to get a lot of stuff done for our planning session trip. I have all the floral ideas, menus picked out

We also selected the tux's for the guys. We are using MW Tux in winter gardens. I spoke to Julie and she was very very helpful, she got everything setup and ready for us. Sergio will have his fitting when we go down there. We were going to do it at the store here , but the were terrible we went in just to pick out our selections and we waited an HOUR before anyone even helped us!
This is what we picked: Sergio will be wearing the vest in a champagane color and all the other guys will be wearing the blue.

Everyone finally received the Save the Dates! and some have already started making their reservations!!!!

I also created a type of inspiration board, just so I could show my planner what inspired me and drove me to select my colors and theme:

Carolina * : DH: Sergio * DS: Marcel * DS: Aleczander * DDog: Romeo

Holy Redeemer Catholic Church/ Italy Isola / Italy Plaza / Living Seas Salon (LSS)
My Planning Journal September 05, 2009

Last edited by camara381; 01-02-2009 at 11:20 PM.
camara381 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-03-2009, 06:18 PM   #153
Crown_princess
Disney vacation addict

Those pictures are gorgeous and really do show what inspired you!

Are all of the men getting their tuxes when they get to FL?

MY DD and DFIL asked if they are supposed to rent them at home and bring them, and I said yes.

March 2009 FairyTale Wedding PJ
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....3#post25294663

Wine and Dine Half Marathon 2013 Planning and TR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3088379
Crown_princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 05:30 PM   #154
camara381
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crown_princess View Post
Those pictures are gorgeous and really do show what inspired you!

Are all of the men getting their tuxes when they get to FL?

MY DD and DFIL asked if they are supposed to rent them at home and bring them, and I said yes.
We are using MW Tux and I know with them the guys get fitted in their city and then MW will deliver their tux'es to our hotel a few days before the wedding and then pick them back up after. I know with MW since we setup a group each one gets $20 off their rental and with 4 rentals the Grooms tux is free.

Holy Redeemer Catholic Church/ Italy Isola / Italy Plaza / Living Seas Salon (LSS)
Old 01-06-2009, 06:08 PM   #155
camara381
DIS Veteran

Planning Session Preparation

Dupe post.

Last edited by camara381; 01-10-2009 at 01:56 PM.
Old 01-06-2009, 06:08 PM   #156
camara381
DIS Veteran

Planning Session Preparation

So I've been trying to get everything ready for the planning session. It seems the the getting ready for it is harder than planning the wedding.

I haven't been very happy with the cake choices, I have found things from several cakes that I like so I decided to draw up my own. We'll see if they can make it and what the price is

I've also decided on the food we will taste. t took me literally 3 months to select the food. Now I am awaiting approval from my planner but this is what we decided:

Appetizers
 Mini beef skewers with Chimichurri sauce
 Chicken, Mango, Plantain in wonton cup

Salads
 Tomato and Mozzarella with Balsamic Emulsion and Basil
 Marinated Vine Ripened Tomatoes with Cucumbers and Red Onions
Tossed in an Herb Vinaigrette

Entrees
 Herb Roasted Strip loin of Beef with Béarnaise Sauce
 Mashed Potato martini bar that includes Gold Yukon, Purple Peruvian and Sweet Potatoes.

 Parmesan Crusted chicken with Chardonnay Cream Sauce
 Gnocchi in Vodka Cream Sauce (Gnocchi, is a pasta made from potatoes. It is a very popular dish in Argentina - they actually have a National Gnocchi day that occurs the 21st of every month.)

 Cinderella Slipper (milk chocolate not white)

I am dying to try the slipper!!! and I would like to have it served to a few people, like my mother. We'll see if they let us.

I am also working on T-shirts for the trip. I have one that says bride to be. It will also be my sons birthday while we are there so I am making him a few to wear.

So far our trip looks like this:
W- We arrive this day in the afternoon, so we'll probably hang out or go to
DTD.

TH-We are rentinga car this day. have a 10 am fitting over at MW Tux. We also have to go meet with the priest at the church. We are having lunch at Kona, and then going to HS to see Fantasmic

F- We will be spending the day at Epcot. Dinner will be at Le Cellier.

S-My mom and MOH arrive this day!!! ( ) We will be at HS and lunch will be at Sci FI. I want to see if I can schedule a Backlot tour for this day, we'll see.

SU-My mom is dying to go to MK so we will spend the day there. Not sure where we will be eating.

M-PS DAY!!!!! Woo Hoo!!!!! We have our meeting with Ken @ Francks from 9-1 and then our menu tasting at the Epcot kitchen from 2-4. Not sure what we will do in the evening maybe hang out at the boardwalk. For sure there will be no dinner.

T- is my sons birthday, he's decided wewill spend the day at AK, so naturally we will have lunch at Tusker house.

W-Free day we may revisit one of the parks but we're not sure. Our plane leaves late in the evening.

Last edited by camara381; 01-06-2009 at 06:14 PM.
Old 01-07-2009, 08:43 AM   #157
disneygal922
DIS Veteran

Carolina, Wow, you are organized! I love your inspiration board and your drawing of the cake! I'm also having a hard time with cake designs. There are certain aspects of cakes that i like but nothing is certainly standing out right now! Your schedule sounds fun! I'm excited to read all about your menu tastings! They sound delicious!

me (30) DH(30) DD(infant) minnie(3.5) fiona (3ish)
disneygal922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 08:31 PM   #158
honey2741
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by camara381 View Post
I also created a type of inspiration board, just so I could show my planner what inspired me and drove me to select my colors and theme:
Absolutely beautiful! What program did you use to create the inspiration board? Thanks.
Old 01-11-2009, 08:49 AM   #159
auntpunkin
Mouseketeer

I love your inspiration board! It looks so rich! The gold is just incredible. I am going to hide in the bush to get a glimpse of your wedding! Your planning trip sounds so fun, and yummy! ..make sure to take tons of photos for us!

[img]http://www.********************/timers/tickers/3nkrxpxttc8gktlp.png[/img]

Our Planning Journal!
auntpunkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 04:32 PM   #160
camara381
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by honey2741 View Post
Absolutely beautiful! What program did you use to create the inspiration board? Thanks.
Thank you! It took forever to arrange everything! I uses Powerpoint, I adjusted the slide size to make it bigger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntpunkin View Post
I love your inspiration board! It looks so rich! The gold is just incredible. I am going to hide in the bush to get a glimpse of your wedding! Your planning trip sounds so fun, and yummy! ..make sure to take tons of photos for us!
Thanks Cristine! Ha Ha I LOVE stalkers, and trust me you are more than welcome you know I will be stalking yours!!!!!!

Old 01-13-2009, 06:06 PM   #161
Crown_princess
Disney vacation addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by camara381 View Post
We are using MW Tux and I know with them the guys get fitted in their city and then MW will deliver their tux'es to our hotel a few days before the wedding and then pick them back up after. I know with MW since we setup a group each one gets $20 off their rental and with 4 rentals the Grooms tux is free.
Wow that is so much better than what I was going to do:

have everyone fitted in home town, pick up tux in home town, and bring on airplane to FL, then pay $20 to Carolyn Allen's to steam

So you just saved me 80 bucks!

March 2009 FairyTale Wedding PJ
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....3#post25294663

Wine and Dine Half Marathon 2013 Planning and TR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3088379
Crown_princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 11:49 AM   #162
camara381
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crown_princess View Post
Wow that is so much better than what I was going to do:

have everyone fitted in home town, pick up tux in home town, and bring on airplane to FL, then pay $20 to Carolyn Allen's to steam

So you just saved me 80 bucks!
I am so glad I could help. If you need Julie's contact info let me know. I will PM it to you.

Old 01-20-2009, 11:49 AM   #163
camara381
DIS Veteran

More getting ready...

I am so excited!!!!! Only a few more days until we leave for our planning session (and my son’s birthday) I am such a bad mother I am more excited for the Planning Session!!!! So I’ve been trying to get everything ready. It is so much work. We’ve decided to stay at the Pop to save some money you can’t beat $49!!! We spent this weekend making shirts for the trip, I forgot to take pictures and they are already packed…Sorry.

We made reservation with Disney’s Magical Express and we received our luggage tags. This is the first time we fly into Orlando, usually we drive in from Miami.

My tote with my 3 inch binder and PS stuff is all ready to go… the bag looks like it’s going to burst. Inside the blue thing are the folders for Ken and Laura, not sure if I should make an extra one just in case. I hope they don’t freak too much when they see my binder or the 8 pages of questions I have for them.

I have to a few things left to do:
Finish packing my stuff (and Sergios)
Make reservations with the Kids Nite Out people
Buy my mom’s plane tickets and make her reservation with DME
Confirm our appointment with MW Tux.
Call the church; make sure someone will be available to see us.

Old 01-20-2009, 12:08 PM   #164
29apr00
Momma to a Princess and a little Prince!

Yay! everything looks really great Carolina!! WOW did you do that cake sketch? I so need you to sketch cakes for me! Mine are horrible looking!!

Have fun at your PS!!!

29apr00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 06:54 PM   #165
Emilita44
Earning My Ears

Planning Session

I know I need to update my PJ, but since you're about to go to your planning session I'd figure I would give you some brief details real quick and then do the rest later...

The food tasting was the best part!! They are amazing and the food was soo good. We're having the potato martini bar too!

Everything moves really fast. I came with my huge notebook and by the end realized I wasn't really prepared for everything.

You make a ton of decisions in such a short amount of time. I'm really not sure what are reception even looks like at the moment.

After reading all the beo's on this board, I still wasn't ready for the prices of some things at Disney. Food was fine, but floral was sooo expensive.

Since you are doing a church wedding like us, I suggest doing outside floral for your bouquets and ceremony. For the same thing, we were quoted about 2000 less than Disney.

Most importantly, HAVE FUN! We sat down afterwards and analyzed everything. Remember, that you can always change things so nothing right now is your final decision.

Hope this helps! I'll be waiting for your update!!

You're every song, and I sing along. 'Cause you're my everything."

Planning Journal:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1944231
Emilita44 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: