Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





 
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-27-2008, 11:21 PM   #1
LaLa
Hangs with the Mensas
Uses her boss as a coat rack while she dances
Dreams of running with the big dogs
 
LaLa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Who Dat Nation
Posts: 2,085

Overdue and Overpacked III: A Tale of Two Cities ~Last Chapter~ 8/22 Page 33

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times.

Okay.

So maybe it wasn’t the worst of times.

Or anywhere near the worst of times, to be honest. Because we were in Disneyworld, after all. Not stuck in line at the DMV. Trying to fight off approximately three billion people for one of seven Wiis that just arrived in the Wal Mart electronics department one week before Christmas. Not that I’ve ever done that. More than once. We weren’t spending our vacation at Six Flags. Waiting for a new Lost episode and looking for some closure on that freaky four toed statue on the beach. Or being thrown up on at the county fair by a complete stranger. Who obviously overindulged in the gumbo.

That one I’d like to block out.

But the fact of the matter is that line pretty much summed up our trip to Disneyworld last October. Aside from the whole “worst of times” part. Because even though we were shocked, numb and dumbfounded (all at the same time) at the idea of both Spaceship Earth and Thunder Mountain being closed for refurbishment at the same time (what?!), I think it goes without saying that there are many things in this life that are much, much worse than spending time with your happy, healthy family on vacation in Disneyworld.

For those unfortunate few who may have suffered through the last two trip reports and may or may not have been wondering, yes. We went back to the Land of Yellow. The House that Walt built. The home of Dole Whips, Epicot, Soarin’, Cinderella’s castle, food courts, pool slides and funnel cakes.

Not to mention Illuminations.

Because the man is an oak and we are the LaLas. And that’s what we do.

Among other things.

Our daughter’s prayers on our way back underneath the arches were answered as we did indeed go back to Disneyworld when she was in the first grade.

Not just once.

But twice. Twice when she was in the first grade.

Yep. God is good. All the time.

But I’m getting ahead of myself. Let’s go back to October.

Our family spent eight awesome days back home at Port Orleans Riverside rediscovering our straight up love for that place. And the Dining Plan. And while some of our exploits turned out to be…well…pretty crappy, we also had some of the best moments of any Disney vacation ever at that point in time. We kicked it off by doing something we’d never done before. We surprised the kids. Yes, my husband and I were the Keepers of the Secret and it was amazing. We woke them up and surprised them with the news the morning we left and their reaction was absolutely priceless. It was a year of firsts for our daughter. She rode Space Mountain for the first time. The girl broke it in proper, riding it four times in one day. Doing her own little version of the laugh/scream the whole time. With her arms lifted high and a grin on her face. Lovin’ life the whole time. She also rode Splash Mountain for the first time. Which was a huge deal to her. And her mother. For entirely different reasons. We picked out some really pretty pearls in Japan and had matching pendants made so we could remember the trip forever.

The girl and I did. Not the boy and I.

That would be weird.

The boy was given the Mike Wazowski shout out when he “guessed” the punch line by screaming at the top of his lungs “BECAUSE HER COACH WAS A PUMPKIN!” when asked why Cinderella was bad at sports.

Who says Pal Mickey ain’t worth the coin?

We experienced the most amazing view of Illuminations to date. Two words (or is it four?): VIP area. We rediscovered our love for the Elusive Strawberry Swirl (move over Dole Whip). We ran into Jiminy Cricket. Literally and figuratively. We enjoyed an awesome and incredibly memorable meal at Artist Point. The girl was chosen to participate in a rousing rendition of “We Are in Ahhh-frica” while pounding out a beat on the bongos and forming a circle around a traditional African dancer as he did his thang after dinner at Boma one night. We had dinner at Boma one night. Which included Zebra domes.

Let that one sink in for a minute or two.

Mmmm.

Zebra domes.

Also there’s this: no one threw up in or around a fanny pack or contracted a staph infection, there were no wardrobe malfunctions and I took home the gold at the POR Olympic Waterslide Event.

Yet again.

All in all, it was a very good trip. But like all vacations, it was not without its less than stellar moments. One of which may have involved the Hokey Pokey, ¾ of the Roundup Gang (where the heck is Stinky Pete anyway?), a blocked pathway, one snarky CM, stifling heat, unbearable crowds, and one very tired and impatient husband.

Attempting to push an invisible stroller (hat tip, ZZUB) through the crowd.

In that moment, my dear, sweet husband was the pack of Mentos and the rest of the stuff was the 2 liter bottle of Coke.

And that’s all I’ll say about that.

But we were in Disney and moments like that are to be expected from time to time. As much as we love the place, it ain’t perfect, after all. Nothing on this earth is.

When we came home, two things happened. Well truthfully, lots of things happened but you’re only getting the low down on two. For now anyway. Lest this turn out to be another neverending pointless thread. And an eight month long affair.

Gawd forbid a million times.

Although during the span of eight days at Disney, we had enough funny and interesting things happen to write about until the cows came home (and no we don’t actually have cows ..anymore…we gave them all away to bellhops and waitresses last year), I decided to forego delving into another trip report. Ironically, it was all about the time. And my lack of it. The second thing that happened was that we decided the next family vacation that we took would be somewhere other than Disney.

Any of this sounding familiar?

But this time we (he) meant it. DH was adamant. Not Adam Ant. That would be weird. After five consecutive years, it was time to go somewhere else. I sighed heavily and agreed it was time to do something different. It wouldn’t hurt to switch it up a little bit. We didn’t want to get burned out on the place. Or spoil ourselves any further than we already had. We’ve already been ruined for anywhere else and think no other destination can compare. If pictures can be believed, Bora Bora looks pretty darn close. But I’m guessing the mice there don’t…

A) Wake you up in the morning and call you pal
B) Make kissing sounds and wiggle their noses at you
M) Have handlers who rush them off after only three minutes of damage

So it was decided. Agreed upon. Set in stone. Written in blood. Pinky swore. Spit in the hand and shook upon.

In other words, my husband sent out a decree and I said “Whatever.” But this one was going to stick. There would be no amount of “Daddy I miss Mickey” or “Take Me to Disneyworld or Lose me Forever” business that would change things this go ‘round.

No sir.

Or would there?

As time went on, we researched several different destinations and toyed around with dates for our next adventure away from the increasingly burdensome daily grind that had descended on our home with the coming of 2008. Work stresses were at an all time high for both my husband and I and by mid March we were itching to get away. We were in desperate need of a break. A respite. Oddly enough, the kids had a break from school coming up shortly.

Spring Break, to be exact.

They had an entire week off from school and it was in the lovely month of April so we decided that if we were going somewhere, that would be the perfect time.

With the time frame set, the only decision left was where to go.

For some years now, we have talked of going to Pigeon Forge and visiting Dollywood.
And no, I wasn’t joking. We really do want to see the real working grist mill. More or less. But mostly we want to see the inside of a well appointed cabin and hear steaks sizzling on the grill situated on a deck overlooking a fifty mile view. And with everything going on in our lives at that point, some serious relaxation sounded like the perfect plan to us. With that in mind, we pored over cabin photos, traveler reviews, and ride videos on YouTube. We listened to Dolly (who is now suddenly cool as all get out to our daughter because she appeared on an episode of Hannah Montana), John Denver and the Oak Ridge Boys to get ourselves in the mood for some clean country livin’. We acted out Dueling Banjos in the car on the way to school. We pulled out our overalls and danced a jig to Rocky Top in the kitchen.

Which is really no different than any other day in the life of a LaLa. We just did it up extra special for the occasion. In other words, we rolled up our overalls and put an extra lil sumpm sumpm into it.

But then it started.

After a spontaneous long weekend jaunt to Texas for Easter, suddenly DH wasn’t sure if he felt up to the long drive to Tennessee a couple of weeks later. And the more we looked at the ride photos (they actually have …wait for it…a Scrambler…as in the County Fair Scrambler), the more we weren’t really feelin’ it. Too much. Well, the kids and I were feeling it. All we knew was we were getting away and dangit, we didn’t care where it was. We were ready to blow this popsicle stand. And how. We were feelin’ it.

DH, not so much.

Which was weird.

We were one breath away from booking a cabin called Simply Viewtiful (or was it I Love View?) when he called me at work.

Me: Mmmyello?
Him: I’m not a smart man. Will you marra’ me?
Me: Oh stop it with the Forest Gump soundboards already.
Him: What? That’s funny.
Me: Oh okay, maybe it’s a little funny. I much prefer that one over Carl from Slingblade. But look, should I book it? I’m gonna book it.
Him: I don’t know, La. I’m just not feeling it.
Me: It’s because you want to go to Disney instead, isn’t it? Admit it. You keep weighing your options and thinking that we could be going to Disneyworld. And Dollywood is paling in comparison, isn’t it? That’s what’s throwing you. Am I right?
Him: You’re never right, woman. The sooner you come to terms with that, the better off we’ll be. Now hush yo mouth and git to doin’ some woman’s work.

Okay, so he didn’t really say that but I’m pretty sure he was probably thinkin’ it.

What he actually said was this: Mmm hmmm. I like-a way you talk.

Or else it was more along the lines of maybe. Maybe you’re right, La. I’m just not excited about it like I thought I’d be. And what would we do when we got there? You may be right. I may be crazy. Hey, but it just ain’t Dollywood that I’m lookin’ for.

And then he choked on his franch fried pertaters. With mustard.

Twice. For good measure.

And just like that, we put Dollywood on Ignore. Again. But we were still determined to go somewhere different. The crowds, the stress, the running around from parks to resorts to ADRs, the iteneraries, the getting’ up offa that thang, all of that wasn’t what we had in mind for this trip. After five years of applying the Commando approach to our vacations, my husband would sooner drink the fat and vote Democrat than spend another week running around like a bunch of chickens with our heads cut off.

No. For this trip, a more relaxed pace was in demand.

More relaxed. But not too relaxed. We still needed a little excitement. After all, we don’t use Depends, we rarely pop Geritol like candy (anymore..since the Incident) and we still have all of our teeth.

Well, most of them anyway.

After I told him “Mmmmbyebye” and we hung up, I started surfing the web and within minutes, found myself on Universal’s website.

Yes, you read that right. Universal Orlando Resort. As we would find out later was the proper name for it. Not “the dark side” or “that other place” or even “C-R-A-P hole”

Yeah, that last one was Pigeon Forge.

Kidding.

Or am I?

Actually, Universal was something that we’d considered doing from time to time. But since we always stay onsite at Disney and get a whole heckuva lot of Magic Our Way when we go, we’ve never really been interested in taking time away from our Disney vacations to go over there for a day or two. Why should we? We’re in Disney. Why should we step down and waste our vacation days (and…gasp..leave property) to go to a park that’s obviously not gonna come anywhere CLOSE to being in the same league as Disney?

Or so we thought. Back then. As it turns out, we had a lot to learn.

The more I checked out the website, the more I liked what I was seeing.

Cool looking rides? Check.
Pretty resorts? Check.
Wide variety of restaurants within walking distance? Check.
Lovable, identifiable characters? Check. And ALSO uncheck. Two words: Crash Bandicoot.
Complimentary transportation to the parks? Check.
Hess station on property with pretty lattice work surrounding the cool as all get out car wash? Sadly, uncheck.
Mickey soaps and shampoos? Check.

Just making sure you’re still with me.

I was surprised how fast DH jumped on board with the Universal plan. I called, had them run some figures and that very night we booked four nights at the Royal Pacific Resort through Loew’s and got mine and my husband's tickets for free. It was very smooth and extremely painless. Unlike childbirth. And the mood once we’d booked it was, dare I say, giddy. Yes, I’ll say it. We were downright giddy to be heading to Orlando. We jumped up and did a jig. A backwards one. And taunted each other in our little sing song voices “We’re goin’to Uni-versal, uh-uh-uh-uhhhh-uh.”

Yes, we taunted each other. I’m not sure why but it felt like the thing to do.

Because the trip was planned on very short notice, there was no time for countdown chains or Dunkey jars. Which is similar to a Mickey Jar. I would imagine. Not that I would know because I’ve never made one. In fact, there wasn’t time for much planning at all. Which made me extremely itchy. When we go to Disney, I start poring over iteneraries, ADR choices and room requests as soon as the room is booked. I plan each outfit weeks before and roll them neatly into gallon sized Ziploc bags and write the persons’ name and the park day on the outside. I do that for the kids. Not so much us. Something tells me DH would not be a happy camper if I raided his highly regarded “good Tshirt drawer” (which is completely different from the “layin’ around the house Tshirt drawer”) and started rolling stuff into balls and stuffing it in ziploc bags. I empty Mini M&M containers and alternately fill them to the top with two quarters and one shiny penny. And if you don’t know what that’s for, good luck earning your ears.

NOLivingWiththeLandbabypumpkin.

All that to say this: I go into overdrive planning mode from the get go and don’t let up until we’re safely back home from vacation. It’s exciting and fun and I love doing it. I wouldn’t have it any other way. But it’s also rather…tiring. There. I said it. Despite the fact that there would be none of that this trip, or perhaps even because of that fact, we knew good things were in store for us in the Sunshine State. But little did we know that the trip we were about to be embarking on would go down in the history books (not actual history books, just the proverbial ones) as one of the best, if not the best trip we’d ever taken as a family.

And that’s saying a lot because we’ve had some good ones.

In many ways, we felt like we had the best of both worlds on this trip. Because aside from having an incredible time in Orlando, we also found ourselves spending a good bit of time in our favorite place in the whole world. The place with the fancy indoor plumbin’. And the cool as all get out light fixtures. The place where the sound of drumbeats and the sight of torches being blown out around a calm, still lagoon is enough to make you smile continuously for the next twelve minutes. The place where pirates, princesses and pixie dust reside within forty seven square miles of happiness.

Oh yeah baby.

Our destination was not only Orlando. But also Lake Buena Vista. Two cities that are very close together. Yet miles apart. Very much the same. Yet completely different.

And we were blessed beyond measure to be able to experience the best of both of them.

Universal and Disney.

Disney and Universal.

What?

You didn’t actually think we’d go all the way to Orlando and not go to Disneyworld, did you?

Neither did we.

Up Next: Meet the Crew

Last edited by LaLa; 08-22-2008 at 02:06 AM. Reason: Please stand clear of the doors.
LaLa is offline  
Old 04-27-2008, 11:28 PM   #2
jamal
Nutwing #4
You and your peeps are
B-E-A-utiful!
 
jamal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Hanging on to a pole on Main Street
Posts: 1,533

Get out. GIT OUT!!

A La La trip report?

I'm stunned and also thrilled, especially since I haven't even been over here in many months of moons.

Now I'm first!

Clearly, I love you best.

Back.

You're still simply the best, La.

Quote:
She rode Space Mountain for the first time. The girl broke it in proper, riding it four times in one day. Doing her own little version of the laugh/scream the whole time. With her arms lifted high and a grin on her face. Lovin’ life the whole time.
I think I can hear her...


Quote:
For some years now, we have talked of going to Pigeon Forge and visiting Dollywood.
And no, I wasn’t joking. We really do want to see the real working grist mill. More or less. But mostly we want to see the inside of a well appointed cabin and hear steaks sizzling on the grill situated on a deck overlooking a fifty mile view.
Tell me you were joking...

Quote:
We were one breath away from booking a cabin called Simply Viewtiful (or was it I Love View?) when he called me at work.
Or not. DON'T do it. Well, don't do it as a Disney substitute. Ever. Promise me. {{Shudder}}
Quote:
Me: Mmmyello?
Him: I’m not a smart man. Will you marra’ me?
Me: Oh stop it with the Forest Gump soundboards already.
Him: What? That’s funny.
Me: Oh okay, maybe it’s a little funny. I much prefer that one over Carl from Slingblade. But look, should I book it? I’m gonna book it.
Him: I don’t know, La. I’m just not feeling it.
Me: It’s because you want to go to Disney instead, isn’t it? Admit it. You keep weighing your options and thinking that we could be going to Disneyworld. And Dollywood is paling in comparison, isn’t it? That’s what’s throwing you. Am I right?
Him: You’re never right, woman. The sooner you come to terms with that, the better off we’ll be. Now hush yo mouth and git to doin’ some woman’s work.

Okay, so he didn’t really say that but I’m pretty sure he was probably thinkin’ it.
Gosh, La, I'm married to this phone-a-freak. Mmmmyello is his favorite.

There's nothing to get you dancing around the house like the decision to take a Disney, excuse me, Orlando trip, is there?

We did a day at the Dark Side in January; now I can't wait to read your take.
__________________
Jamal, DH, DS14, DS8: Honeymoon '88, 5/99 ASM, 5/01CB, 3/03 POLY Conc,12/03 WL Conc,5/05 CR Conc, 9/06POP
03/06 POLY Conc (ten perfect days),:trip report:
The Fixer and The CookMaster...backstage pixie dust!!
Now playing:
The Fixer, The CookMaster, The Teacher, and The President: a 2007 sequel of sorts!!

3/07 BC CL,9/07 BC CL , Jan. 2008 AKL, June 2008 Windsor Hills(!), Sept. '08 Poly, Thanksgiving '08 CR CL!

Last edited by jamal; 04-27-2008 at 11:48 PM. Reason: Crash Bandicoot.
jamal is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 04-28-2008, 12:53 AM   #3
ZZUB
Roll Tide, Mean It
 
ZZUB's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: If I'm not at Monk's, check the Hawk & Dove, or else I'm playing tetherball
Posts: 876

Quote:
We acted out Dueling Banjos in the car on the way to school. We pulled out our overalls and danced a jig to Rocky Top in the kitchen.
There are many reasons why you're on ignore. Singing Rocky Top is just the icing on the cake.

mmmm. cake.

Well slap my mamma and call me a rock star! LaLa's got her a new Trip Report.

Just when it seemed all was lost and the Disboards were spiraling out of control. NOBritney.

But I got confused there for a bit. Let me see if I tracked with you: you went to Disney World last October but you're not writing about that. Except you are. You are also writing about a recent trip to Universal Studios and Disney World, right? When did y'all go to Dollywood?

Kidding.

Or am I?

__________________
"'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the LORD, 'they are plans for good and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.'" Jeremiah 29:11


Last edited by ZZUB; 04-28-2008 at 12:56 AM. Reason: Which two cities? Orlando and Pigeon Ford?
ZZUB is offline  
Old 04-28-2008, 01:23 AM   #4
stagemomx3
DIS Veteran
 
stagemomx3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Washington State
Posts: 4,287

A new La La trip report I'm so excited. I seriously just went back and re-read your last one the other day because I was remembering it fondly and wondering if you had a new one. This is a happy day!
stagemomx3 is offline  
Old 04-28-2008, 06:16 AM   #5
IkeandMike
Mouseketeer
 
IkeandMike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 197

All hail LaLa. Now tell me, did you get your dole whip this year?
__________________
IkeandMike is offline  
Old 04-28-2008, 06:42 AM   #6
ILMICKEY
DIS Veteran
 
ILMICKEY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Osseo, Michigan
Posts: 1,444

Well slap me up side the head and call me Shirley, LaLa's back!!
ILMICKEY is offline  
Old 04-28-2008, 09:05 AM   #7
nicolemarie
DIS Veteran
 
nicolemarie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 800

WOOOOO HOOOOOO!!!! She's BACK, baybee!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaLa
Our family spent eight awesome days back home at Port Orleans Riverside rediscovering our straight up love for that place. And the Dining Plan. And while some of our exploits turned out to be…well…pretty crappy, we also had some of the best moments of any Disney vacation ever at that point in time. We kicked it off by doing something we’d never done before. We surprised the kids. Yes, my husband and I were the Keepers of the Secret and it was amazing. We woke them up and surprised them with the news the morning we left and their reaction was absolutely priceless. It was a year of firsts for our daughter. She rode Space Mountain for the first time. The girl broke it in proper, riding it four times in one day. Doing her own little version of the laugh/scream the whole time. With her arms lifted high and a grin on her face. Lovin’ life the whole time. She also rode Splash Mountain for the first time. Which was a huge deal to her. And her mother. For entirely different reasons. We picked out some really pretty pearls in Japan and had matching pendants made so we could remember the trip forever.
This? This and the coupla more mentions below it are ALL? All we get for a trip report? I feel cheated. Jipped. Slighted. Given the screwgie. And anything else that means I got the short end of the stick.

Quote:
The girl was chosen to participate in a rousing rendition of “We Are in Ahhh-frica” while pounding out a beat on the bongos and forming a circle around a traditional African dancer as he did his thang after dinner at Boma one night.
Why does this make me laugh so hard?

Quote:
But like all vacations, it was not without its less than stellar moments. One of which may have involved the Hokey Pokey, ¾ of the Roundup Gang (where the heck is Stinky Pete anyway?), a blocked pathway, one snarky CM, stifling heat, unbearable crowds, and one very tired and impatient husband.

Attempting to push an invisible stroller (hat tip, ZZUB) through the crowd.

In that moment, my dear, sweet husband was the pack of Mentos and the rest of the stuff was the 2 liter bottle of Coke.

And that’s all I’ll say about that.
DED. Poor DH. No wonder he wasn't feelin' the Disney love.

Quote:
Any of this sounding familiar?
Actually, a little TOO much so. But I'm workin' on it.

Quote:
Or else it was more along the lines of maybe. Maybe you’re right, La. I’m just not excited about it like I thought I’d be. And what would we do when we got there? You may be right. I may be crazy. Hey, but it just ain’t Dollywood that I’m lookin’ for.

And then he choked on his franch fried pertaters. With mustard.

Twice. For good measure.

And just like that, we put Dollywood on Ignore. Again.
I'm thinkin' that was a good call.

The Scrambler? Y'all would have just been ticked off the whole time. The WHOLE time.

Quote:
Because the trip was planned on very short notice, there was no time for countdown chains or Dunkey jars. Which is similar to a Mickey Jar. I would imagine. Not that I would know because I’ve never made one. In fact, there wasn’t time for much planning at all. Which made me extremely itchy.
Well, no kidding! Did you at least call and check on the crowds or SOMETHING?

Quote:
Our destination was not only Orlando. But also Lake Buena Vista. Two cities that are very close together. Yet miles apart. Very much the same. Yet completely different.

And we were blessed beyond measure to be able to experience the best of both of them.

Universal and Disney.

Disney and Universal.

What?

You didn’t actually think we’d go all the way to Orlando and not go to Disneyworld, did you?

Neither did we.
I'm hooked, and I'm IN!!! Bring it on, my sweet LaLa. I can't wait to hear all about your tales. Your great writing has been missed around here, and as someone thinking of a little jaunt to The Dark Side myself, I could use some tips.

Your elated-and-pumped-up-to-see-your-report friend,

NM
__________________

NicoleMarie
____________________________________

"Better is one day in Your courts than a thousand elsewhere." Psalm 84:10

What I learned from the DIS - Spring Break 2006 (with pics!!)

Are We Turkeys? - Thanksgiving 2006 at WDW

nicolemarie is offline  
Old 04-28-2008, 10:57 AM   #8
Chapter 11
I suspect that the list of things you know that I don't is very long indeed
Funny though. In a warped kinda way
(Hamster had to go)
Makes the best pizza!
 
Chapter 11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Workin'
Posts: 984

Whew -- too much to digest. It's like a trip report just came bursting out and vomited all over your keyboard (okay, unfortunate imagery there, given your past experiences, but the description is still apt). This however:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaLa
You may be right. I may be crazy. Hey, but it just ain’t Dollywood that I’m lookin’ for.

And then he choked on his franch fried pertaters. With mustard.
is some of your best work. Juxtaposing Billy Joel and Carl together? Sheer, warped genius. Now, get back on your meds and pump out another chapter.
Chapter 11 is offline  
Old 04-28-2008, 11:24 AM   #9
DJR
DIS Veteran
 
DJR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Out of Bounds
Posts: 1,121

Against my better judgment, I'm climbing aboard this puppy since the dogs haven't been able to find Mel anywhere.

I am disappointed you stiffed us on the October trip though.
__________________
DJR is offline  
Old 04-28-2008, 12:08 PM   #10
PinkPrincessZ
Mouseketeer
 
PinkPrincessZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Elk Grove, California
Posts: 116

Hilarious start - I laughed out loud at the baby pumpkin reference! Too cute!

Can't wait to hear more about your adventures!
__________________
Kris
PinkPrincessZ is offline  
Old 04-28-2008, 12:13 PM   #11
AshClan
I forgot to say SNAP!
We'll coordinate our Woo Hooties!
Yes, he is a mutant. But a cute one
 
AshClan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 1,753

WOO HOO!!

I am so very very very happy that you have decided to write a TR, La. Especially since we got gypped on the last one. Thanks for the drive-by above, but it just wasn't the same. We have missed your musings. I so enjoy sittin' myself down for what's sure to be a laffaminute whenever there is a LaLa chapter awaitin' me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Our FAVorite Mississippi Girl
We listened to Dolly (who is now suddenly cool as all get out to our daughter because she appeared on an episode of Hannah Montana), John Denver and the Oak Ridge Boys to get ourselves in the mood for some clean country livin’. We acted out Dueling Banjos in the car on the way to school. We pulled out our overalls and danced a jig to Rocky Top in the kitchen.

Which is really no different than any other day in the life of a LaLa. We just did it up extra special for the occasion. In other words, we rolled up our overalls and put an extra lil sumpm sumpm into it.
Now this is classic La. And truly made me LOL right here at my desk. On my first day back from vacation, no less. I may get fired. But it'll be worth it!

Keep em comin' girl! Will you be on an OCD schedule like Z? Or do I have to just keep my fingers crossed that we'll get new installments every coupla months/years/decades like Mel? No matter how you do it, you always do it well. I am PUMPED!!
__________________

Last edited by AshClan; 04-28-2008 at 12:15 PM. Reason: Friday night I crashed your party, Saturday I said I'm sorry...
AshClan is offline  
Old 04-28-2008, 12:13 PM   #12
Yzma and Kronk
I survived the Pie-fest
I broke my spleen and yaked up a lung.....and I was driving!
Not done the "other" thing yet...
 
Yzma and Kronk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 3,352

Gawd forbid a million times a new TR from Lalalalalalalalalala!

Lala's back and bringin' on the yellow.


Last edited by Yzma and Kronk; 04-28-2008 at 12:14 PM. Reason: Unfortunately, I just saw this and have to run. Back later. Keep the fires burnin' Preace Secrest Out!
Yzma and Kronk is offline  
Old 04-28-2008, 03:21 PM   #13
Yzma and Kronk
I survived the Pie-fest
I broke my spleen and yaked up a lung.....and I was driving!
Not done the "other" thing yet...
 
Yzma and Kronk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 3,352

Goodness me!

I'm back and no one has been here.

What!!

It must have been the Dollywood reference. Or a linking problem.

Whichever.

But I've been to Dollywood. A very enjoyable experience with the BEST funnel cake ever!

I wonder if Funnel Cake is real cake?

Lalalalalalala saidanditwastoofunny:
Quote:
In that moment, my dear, sweet husband was the pack of Mentos and the rest of the stuff was the 2 liter bottle of Coke.
I admit I had to let that one sink in for a minute or two.


La and La. La and La wrote:
Quote:
Universal and Disney.
Disney and Universal.
Oooh I'm getting dizzy.

I can't wait to hear more.
Yzma and Kronk is offline  
Old 04-28-2008, 04:40 PM   #14
LaLa
Hangs with the Mensas
Uses her boss as a coat rack while she dances
Dreams of running with the big dogs
 
LaLa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Who Dat Nation
Posts: 2,085

Hey Yakkity Yak Don't Talk Back! I'm here.

Yak's been to Dollywood? You'll have to give me the scoop in case we actually DO decide to head up there.

For a long weekend, perhaps. NOT in place of a Disney trip. Something tells me I'd get in trouble with Jami if I did. Or else I'd just be ticked off the WHOLE time. She says in her Southern voice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jami
You're still simply the best, La.
Aw, thanks Jami! That's really sweet. But why do you sound like Tina Turner when you say that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZUB
I got confused there for a bit.
Shocker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z
Let me see if I tracked with you: you went to Disney World last October but you're not writing about that. Except you are. You are also writing about a recent trip to Universal Studios and Disney World, right?
Right. Which is surprising, considering the whole Bama thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJR
I am disappointed you stiffed us on the October trip though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RagedupNM
This? This and the coupla more mentions below it are ALL? All we get for a trip report? I feel cheated. Jipped. Slighted. Given the screwgie. And anything else that means I got the short end of the stick.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyverysweetverytallfriendAsh
I am so very very very happy that you have decided to write a TR, La. Especially since we got gypped on the last one. Thanks for the drive-by above, but it just wasn't the same.
I'm noticing a trend here.

The screwgie? Must be a Georgia saying. Okay, even though I didn't write a full fledged report about our trip last year (the way I figured it, it would've taken me roughly eighteen months and two carpal tunnel surgeries to write), I've got a feeling some of the more memorable moments from our trip to Disney last year will more than likely work themselves into this one. In fact, I'm sure of it. Along with some glimpses from our trips in the following locales:

Texas
Fort Payne
Orange Beach, AL
Destin (Destin Baby)
Panama City Beach (PANAMA!)
Super Target
The dentist
church
Various yard sales in and around town
The Democratic National Convention

Okay, obviously I'm kidding. Or am I?

At the very least, I'll include some musings from the trip last year and two or three (but no more than eight and only when relevant) of the above. Which means what started out as a four night trip (well technically five nights unless you're a student of Frick Math) will probably end up taking me eighteen months and two carpel tunnel surgeries to write anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKingoftheOneLiners
Juxtaposing Billy Joel and Carl together? Sheer, warped genius. Now, get back on your meds and pump out another chapter
Well, well, well. Look what the cat drug in. It's CHAPPIE! You have no idea how loud your Billy Joe and Carl comment made me laugh. I giggled for far too long when I saw your post. I'm not sure why. Needless to say, I'm glad to see you show up, Chapster. I look forward to being consistently insulted by you over the course of the next year and a half. Or do I?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NM
Actually, a little TOO much so. But I'm workin' on it.
Nothin' a trip to Target won't fix.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NM
Well, no kidding! Did you at least call and check on the crowds or SOMETHING?
I may have used my Phone a Friend option. But only to make sure the parks weren't closed.


Quote:
Originally Posted by StagemomX3
A new La La trip report I'm so excited. I seriously just went back and re-read your last one the other day because I was remembering it fondly and wondering if you had a new one. This is a happy day!
Thanks for coming along for the ride, Stagemom! Hope you enjoy it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkPrincessZ
Hilarious start - I laughed out loud at the baby pumpkin reference! Too cute!

Can't wait to hear more about your adventures!
Pink Princess Z, I love that name. You're not another ZZUB alias, are you? Glad I could make you laugh out loud. And thanks for jumping on board.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILMICKEY
Well slap me up side the head and call me Shirley, LaLa's back!!
Surely you can't be serious. Thanks for posting, ILMICKEY! Glad to see you back around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IkeandMike
Now tell me, did you get your dole whip this year?
Sadly, the Dole Whip was a bit elusive for me in April. But you better believe I got me one of those bad boys in October. And it was just as good the second time around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash
...And truly made me LOL right here at my desk. On my first day back from vacation, no less. I may get fired. But it'll be worth it!
I know the feeling quite well. But.. no way they'd fire the sweetest girl ever. Even if there was snorting and Diet Coke spewing going on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash
Keep em comin' girl! Will you be on an OCD schedule like Z? Or do I have to just keep my fingers crossed that we'll get new installments every coupla months/years/decades like Mel? No matter how you do it, you always do it well. I am PUMPED!!
Thanks Ash. I'm not going to be on any kind of schedule, really. Just whenever I get the next one written is when I'll post it. I'll also be juggling work and the family so hopefully it won't take me four weeks between installments.

But then again, you never know.

Thanks everyone for reading along. I really appreciate all the funny and sweet responses.


Last edited by LaLa; 04-28-2008 at 04:41 PM. Reason: ZZUB, would it make a difference if I told you the overalls were orange and white?
LaLa is offline  
 



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:36 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: