Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK DVC Discussion
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-27-2008, 06:22 AM   #1
MrsJobba1
I swoon @ the very mention of his name
Pirate Grabber
Captain Inquisitive
Has impeccable timing

Question Has anyone ever used DVC pnts to go to DLP?

Hi,

We have always used our DVC membership to go to WDW. However sitting here this weekend in the rain my dh are getting serous disney withdrawl symptons. Our next trip is not planned until 2009 !

We are considering trying to go to DLP in Aug for my birthday -

I have looked at the DVC points charts and we have enough points to go to 3 out the 4 of the hotels. But it mentioned you need to buy park tickets.

Also does anyone know if DVC membership gets any discouts-
IS there anything like the Disney dining plan?

Any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks -

MrsJobba1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 11:37 AM   #2
mark&sue
I keep trying to convert everybody, but they just don't want to be converted
I can only get a tag if its near the weekend. a monday, tuesday and some wednesdays are definately no tag days

We have stayed at DLRP using DVC points and will be doing so again in July. We are taking another family with us and all 7 of us had to purchase length of stay passes. We have decided to make the most of it and for our last day spend the night in Calais.

We are staying at Sequoia Lodge this time.

I would definately much rather use my point in this way as we can't get out to WDW for a couple of years and renting is such hastle!!!

Susan
Oct 1992: off site - April 1998: Dixie Landings - Oct 1999: DL California - Oct 2000: Grosvenor Resort - Oct 2001: POFQ - Dec 2001:Disneyland Hotel - Oct 2003: Davy Crockets Cabins - Oct 2004: Grand Floridian -May 2005: SSR (DVC) & HRH - Oct 2005: New York Hotel - Oct 2006: SSR and BCV (DVC) - Aug 2007: SSR (DVC) and 1st Disney Cruise - July 2008: Sequoia Lodge - July 2010: Treehouse Villas - Sequoia Lodge: Oct 2010 - April 2011 Treehouse Villas/Portofino Bay
2012/13: Several trips to our Dream holiday Home in Spain
mark&sue is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-27-2008, 03:41 PM   #3
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

I did last year but the tickets were included then.
Old 04-27-2008, 03:52 PM   #4
Becx N Gav

DIS Veteran

On the discount front we went in March this year and no-one seemed to instantly recognise the DVC member card, then when they checked the answer was no. This was in a couple of shops in Disney Village we didn't try in any of the restaurants. They seemed to have a list of discount cards ( a printed sheet with pics on) and it wasn't on there. Seems a bit of a shame, with the Euro/Pound exchange rate a discount would have been nice
DLP Santa Fe - Oct 2000 *DLP New York Hotel - Jan 2004 *WDW Grand Floridian/Beach Club - Sept 2005 *WDW Beach Club - Oct 2006 *DFTW WDW Wilderness Lodge Villas/Boardwalk Inn - Oct 2007 *DLP Sequoia Lodge - March 2008 *WDW Saratoga Springs - Dec 2008 *Swan and DCL Podcast cruise - May 2009 *WDW Beach Club Villas - Sept 2009 *DCL 11 night Med cruise - April 2010 *WDW Saratoga Springs/Animal Kingdom Villas - Kidani Village/Bay Lake Towers and DCL Podcast cruise 2 - Dec 2010* WDW Old Key West - Dec 2011
Becx N Gav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 01:01 AM   #5
tinkerbell 766
If I can't fly, let me sing. Or, in other words if I can't be in Disney, let me talk about it !
DLRP is quite simply my spiritual home

Yes, we stayed at the Disneyland Hotel in January on points. It was wonderful being able to stay there as I have never been able to justify paying cash to stay there before.
We were going to get annual passes but were unable to do so as we needed to purchase length of stay passes for everyone (as per the new rules)and it seemed a waste not to use them. Also now all DLRP bookings through DVC are subject to a $95.00 booking fee. I managed to book before this came in to operation.
I say go for it!! I would do it again if there was a year when I couldn't go to WDW. I need my regular Disney fix!!
Discount wise, I found the same as the above poster - didn't seem to recognise it at all.
Enjoy!!

tinkerbell 766 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: