Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-24-2013, 02:43 PM   #1
hedgerow
Adventure Keeps Calling My Name!

Talking New Here

Hi all, wanted to do a quick into before I start asking too many questions.
I'm Jamie and mom to a growing brood of travelers. For this trip it will be me(46) hubby(47) 3 sons(23, 21, 21) son #2's wife(21) son#3's fiancee and daughter (9).
That is all 8 right? Sometimes's I lose track
Oldest son is graduating from college in May so this is a celebration trip for him. Given the choice he and his brothers chose Universal as the location.
Anyway being the stellar parents we are we will be taking doughter out of school for the last 4 days to head to Orlando the first week of June in an effort to beat the crowds. We want to rent a vacation home for the week with a pool so we can hang out together during the down time.
Does anyone know which neighborhood or development is near Universal? The house we rented before is in Clermont and while it was a stone's throw from the Mouse House it was quite a hike to Shrek and Harry's pad.
At this point we are thinking 3 days at the parks and filling in with some B attractions in Orlando that usually get overlooked when we are in Orlando.
Please feel free to throw out suggestions.

Been there done that? Maybebut I wanna do it again!
hedgerow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 03:06 PM   #2
Metro West
Proud Redhead
11.47 Miles from Universal
23.56 Miles from Disney

DISboards Moderator

Welcome! Orange County is not zoned for vacation rentals like Lake or Osceola Counties are. Clermont is in Lake and the rentals down near Disney are in Osceola but since Universal is in Orange County, you aren't going to find anything.

There are several time shares but you'd have to belong to the clubs in order to rent there I believe.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-24-2013, 05:46 PM   #3
Nancy for Disney
DIS Veteran

I am going the same week as you. I have found some at Vista Cay. I have looked at various sites. We have smaller group so it may not be as hard for me. If I was you I would go to HomeAway.com and look in the Orlando section. I can't recall the largest home in Vista Cay but per mapquest it is ten minutes to Harry, Spidey and friends. I found some others that were also near but they seem to be two bedrooms. Dr Phillips seemed to be an area that is near that I recall seeing houses available on HomeAway. You just have to search and pull up the map. Good luck. Maybe I will see you there.

1973 WDW - 1983 WDW- 1989 Disneyland -2000 Disneyland - 2008 My Family's First Trip to WDW
2009 (Dec) No Kids Trip to Disney: TR LINK http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2330724

Nancy for Disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 09:43 PM   #4
hedgerow
Adventure Keeps Calling My Name!

I have looked on home away. Most every listing says 'x' min to Disney. I found very little that said Universal.
I think we may stick with the house we have used in the past. It is a great 5 bedrooms,2.5 baths and screened in pool.
We had everyone but the fiancee at dinner tonight and it was so much fun hearing them talk about all the fun we had last time and what they wanted to do this time.

Been there done that? Maybebut I wanna do it again!
hedgerow is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: