Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-27-2012, 09:07 AM   #16
Melodious
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEK224
Can you customize a package with them? I'm taking my two young nephews in May (ages 3 & 6), along with their parents. I was looking at the package with the mouse ears, autograph book and pen and some snacks. But I don't need the autograph book (I'm making theirs). Could I substitute something else in place of the book?
You cannot customize a room celebration only add things to it. I believe you can customize just a basket
Old 12-27-2012, 09:13 AM   #17
Melodious
DIS Veteran

The flowers and packages are delivered by the front desk, only room celebrations are set up by Disney Florist. I recently ordered the Christmas room celebration (though mine doesn't seem quite as nice as the above poster's, guess things change). I did have some service problems. On the phone they didn't explain not being able to customize the package well and I didn't get the delivery time slot that I wanted. Also I was told on the phone that the resort could ship the items home (particularly the giant mickey and minnie) and that is not the case which made me very frustrated and stressed at the end of our trip. The surprise of the room decoration was awesome though. It cost around $400
Register to remove

Old 12-27-2012, 11:31 AM   #18
Feralpeg
Diet coke lover
Can now visit the parks anytime
My DD, the movie star
Sean Bean...is he related to Mr. Bean?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEK224 View Post
Can you customize a package with them? I'm taking my two young nephews in May (ages 3 & 6), along with their parents. I was looking at the package with the mouse ears, autograph book and pen and some snacks. But I don't need the autograph book (I'm making theirs). Could I substitute something else in place of the book?
That should not be a problem. They will simply deduct the amount of the autograph book from the order and add in your other items.

The only thing they will not subtract items from is the room decorating packages. It is a logistics thing and would cause confusion if they started trying to remove some things from the package. They will add items to a room decorating package. Of course, this was the case when I worked there and it has been a few years.
Feralpeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 05:14 PM   #19
TheRustyScupper
GKTW coordinator. Kiwanis and SCORE Volunteer. Make-A-Wish board. Average Banjo Picker. Pretty good sailing captain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melodious View Post
. . . Also I was told on the phone that the resort could ship the items home (particularly the giant mickey and minnie) and that is not the case which made me very frustrated and stressed at the end of our trip . . .
1) The front desk or concierge CAN ship almost anything home.
2) It can go either FEDEX or UPS - standard or overnight.
3) This is done almost every day at every resort.
4) Someone gave you bad information.
TheRustyScupper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 05:54 PM   #20
Melodious
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRustyScupper View Post
1) The front desk or concierge CAN ship almost anything home.
2) It can go either FEDEX or UPS - standard or overnight.
3) This is done almost every day at every resort.
4) Someone gave you bad information.
Well, it was a whole conspiracy then because I asked more than once and asked multiple people at the GF including concierge (and believe me I was pretty annoyed by the end and some CMs swore they'd never heard of Disney Florist). I was told that the resort can't ship almost anything home, but that I can trek over to the convention center between the hours of 9-5 and pay for packing materials to pack and ship it myself. This is not what was told to me on the phone.

I was told the resort cannot pack and ship it home because only Disney Parks merchandise bought at Disney World can be shipped by the resort. Disney Florist merchandise, despite having tags that say Authentic Disney Parks merchandise, does not qualify. Also I did not have a receipt only my credit card receipt to show that I had purchased it.

I feel a little like Disney Florist tried to upsell me on the room package instead of the other purchases I was considering.
Old 12-27-2012, 05:58 PM   #21
Melodious
DIS Veteran

Now I'm wondering if others have had just anything shipped home by the resort....because if so I am going to be even more than I am anyway

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: