Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Reports Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-22-2008, 04:31 PM   #1
tony64
Should've been a Cowboy
In charge of driving & collecting coffee and doughnuts for breakfast

T&T and Two First Timers Pre trip report

You will probably know me and Theresa by now but the two first timers will need an introduction.
My dear mum, Peggy and my aunt Zena are coming along this trip and we have plans to do just about everything there is to do all in the one trip.
They keep going on about needing to pack the Tena Lady for the scary coasters.
I can see Iím going to have my hands full with three women to keep under control this trip. I think Iíd better PM Kev and see if he has any tips on keeping them in check.
We are travelling with TCD and they have moved the goal posts on us a couple of times this trip; firstly they changed the plane so we couldnít go Sunshine Upper Deck which we were really looking forward to and then they introduced a refuelling stop at Gander which rubbed salt into the wound.
The plans are made and include 7 parks, 2 waters Parks, Discovery Cove, a day on the beach, horse riding, an airboat ride and, last but not least, shopping.
We have ADRís for Artist Point, Le Cellier, & 50ís Prime Time to name just a few.
Weíre staying at our time share on The Sheraton Vistana Resort and we love it there; we are so looking forward to going back.
We fly on the 3rd of May from Gatwick so I hope there isnít too much Bank Holiday traffic on the M25 at 7.00a.m.
I canít think of anything else to add at the moment, I'm sure there will be plenty to say when we get back.
1995 Paris 1997 Masters Inn 1999 Clarion Floridian 2001 HoJo 2003 Econolodge 2005 HoJo 2006 Sheraton Vistana 2007 Club Sevilla 2008 May Sheraton Vistana 2008 Aug Terrace Ridge 2009 Barefoot'n in the Keys 2010 Villa at Cumbrian Lakes2011 Sheraton Vistana & The Magic 2012KeyLargo, Sheriton Vistana & OKW
The Buckland Disney Stampede August 2005 TripThe S.V.R. 2006 Trip T&T Do Thanksgiving 2007 Trip T&T & 2 1st Timers May 2008 Trip T&T Do the Triple Aug 2008 Trip T&T's 2nd Thanksgiving Trip 1975 & 2010 A double trip Bad Mothers & Others Oct 2011 Key West to Old Key West Nov 2012

Last edited by tony64; 04-23-2008 at 03:46 AM.
tony64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 09:35 PM   #2
SusanEllen
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony64 View Post
You will probably know me and Theresa by now but the two first timers will need an introduction.
My dear mum, Peggy and my aunt Zena are coming along this trip and we have plans to do just about everything there is to do all in the one trip.
I can see Iím going to have my hands full with three women to keep under control this trip. I think Iíd better PM Kev and see if he has any tips on keeping them in check.
No, Tony, you have that wrong. Kevin doesn't keep the women he travels with (family or extended family) "in check." He treats the women he travels with like queens, as should you! I've been there when Kevin was surrounded by a 7 woman entourage, moving from ride to ride, park to park--an amazing sight. You probably shouldn't try this just yet. Start off as you are, with 3 women and work your way up to Kevin status. Too bad you aren't going a month later--I might have given you the opportunity to deal with 4 women!

Sounds like a fun trip. You and Theresa will have as much fun showing the first timers the sights as they'll have seeing them. Best to everyone.
SusanEllen is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-23-2008, 12:41 AM   #3
jockey
Repeat after me....I LOVE CROC's, I LOVE CROC's, I LOVE CROC's!!!!!!

Tony you are a brave man! Hope you guys have a great time, will look forward to the trippies and oics when you get back
Old 04-23-2008, 12:43 AM   #4
jjk

Pete and I wait and watch some lovely baby lizards
I have always booked myself
"Play Up Pompey"

Have a great time Tony,looking forward to reading all about it

[/IMG]

2000 Disneyland paris 2003 Ramada inn 2004 Quality inn plaza2005 Cumbrian lakes2006 Emerald Island July and December2007 Emerald Island May and July2008 Emerald Island and Contemporary Resort2009 Saratoga Springs 2010 Animal Kingdom lodge2011HRH Animal KingdomLodge 2012Holiday inn Miami ocean front /Animal Kingdom lodge
jjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 01:03 AM   #5
natalielongstaff
I need a cup of tea and a big bar of free chocolate now
Was born with my dancing shoes at the ready
I will be back later to stalk some more

Sounds like you are in for a treat Tony

natalielongstaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 02:57 AM   #6
Chilly
I was having a bit of a blonde moment
D'oh!
Married my prince at WDW

Just remember women are always right and you'll be fine.

Have fun
Chilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 03:00 AM   #7
carolfoy
One has Ones hat and One's orf...
and she's back with a vengeance!
looks like someones reads the crap we write then!

two words will ensure a happy holiday Tone

'Yes, Dear'
Old 04-23-2008, 06:22 AM   #8
Tammy Stringer
I love babies - all milky and baby powdery
Do you knit, Barbara?
Up for the marquee option

Tony

Sounds like you will have such fun.

Can't wait to hear all about it when you get back. Full trippie required please - with more of your excellent pictures

Tam
Tammy Stringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 06:38 AM   #9
Kevin Stringer
Chat Host
Oddly concerned about an elephant living in his pyjamas
The TF would like to see Kevinís rendition of 'Great balls of fire'

Quote:
I've always found a large whip to be handy Tony. Failing that, threaten to remove their shopping privileges.

Kev
Kevin Stringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 07:00 AM   #10
Strommie

It was so peaceful doing that and I loved it!
I like lemon and sugar on mine, and sometimes chocolate

Sounds like it's going to be a busy trip. Looking forward to hearing all about it when you get back
Strommie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 07:06 AM   #11
CustardTart

I am sooo proud, happy, relieved and impressed - it's a great day...

It's going to be a wonderful action-packed trip, Tony!!! If I see you in LGW surrounded by your gaggle of girls, I'll give you a wave!!!
Grand Floridian Resort & Spa - Christmas 1998 * Dolphin/Vero Beach - Easter 2000 * Polynesian - August 2001 * Grand Floridian Resort & Spa - August 2004 * Beach Club/DCL Wonder - May 2005 * Grand Californian Hotel - NYE 2005 * Polynesian - August 2006 * DCL Magic Western Caribbean - September 2007 * Yacht Club - October 2007 * Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa - December 2007 * Villas at Wilderness Lodge/DCL Wonder Double Dip - May 2008 * DCL Magic Mexican Riviera/Disneyland Hotel - August 2008 * Boardwalk Villas - October 2008 * Animal Kingdom Villas/Hard Rock Hotel Club - Easter 2009 * Bay Lake Tower/DCL Magic Eastern Caribbean & Tortola/Villas at Wilderness Lodge - September 2009 * Bay Lake Tower - June 2010 * DCL Magic Westbound Transatlantic - September 2010 * Old Key West - October 2010 * Sequoia Lodge/Paris - November 2010 * Boardwalk Villas/DCL Dream Inaugural Cruise - January 2011 * Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa/Villas at Wilderness Lodge - November 2011 * Boardwalk Villas - July 2012 * Animal Kingdom Villas/DCL Fantasy Western Caribbean - November 2012 * Boardwalk Villas/Bay Lake Tower - January 2014...
CustardTart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 11:14 AM   #12
mandymouse
If It's Not A Bahama Mama Then I'm Not Interested
Can I put my Christmas Tree up yet ?

DISboards Moderator

Quote:

I hope you all have a great time Tony, and I look forward to hearing all about it when you get back

mandymouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 02:15 PM   #13
Verity Chambers
He's delicious! Rather like melted chocolate...

Sounds like lots of fun!!

My parents always stay at Vistana too and love it!
Old 04-24-2008, 01:49 PM   #14
UKDEB
Found the Tag Fairy's hangout
All whacked up on Scooby Snacks

DISboards Moderator

I knew this was here! Anyone who says I didn't is a big fibber!

Sounds as though you have an action-packed trip in store, Tone. I hope you manage to squeeze Tim McGraw in there somewhere.

October 1992 ~ Enclave Suites, I-Drive May 1996 ~ Omni Rosen, I-Drive October 1998 ~ Villa-Clear Creek August 2000 ~ Beach Club/Villa-Sunset Lakes July 2001 ~ Animal Kingdom Lodge/Hard Rock Hotel/Villa-Formosa Gdns Christmas 2001 ~ Villa-Formosa Gardens October 2002 ~ Hard Rock Hotel/Villa-Formosa Gdns May 2003 ~ Portofino Bay/Villa-Cumbrian Lakes January 2004 ~ Ritz-Carlton Grande Lakes/Villa-Formosa Gardens July 2004 ~ Grand Floridian/Portofino Bay/Villa-Formosa Gardens December 2004 ~ Villa-Rolling Hills/Disney Wonder Cruise/BoardWalk Grand Villa/Contemporary April 2005 ~ Washington DC, Shenandoah, Blue Ridge Parkway, Charleston, Savannah, Royal Pacific Resort/Villa-Acadia Estates January 2006 ~ Reunion Resort/Royal Pacific Resort April 2006 ~ Celebration Hotel/NCL Jewel Cruise/Hotel Victor, Miami/Beach Cottage-Disney's Vero Beach October 2006 ~ Reunion Resort/BoardWalk Villa/Rosen Shingle Creek August 2007 ~ Saratoga Springs//Reunion Grande January 2008 ~ Saratoga Springs/Beach Club Villas/Reunion Resort November 2008 ~ BoardWalk Villas/Royal Pacific Resort/Saratoga Springs March 2011 ~ Celebrity Cruise/Veness Towers, a stone's throw from the Magic Kingdom November 2012 ~ Bay Lake Tower/Ritz-Carlton, Sarasota/Ritz-Carlton Destination Club, Jupiter/Saratoga Springs September 2013 ~ Kidani Village/Saratoga Springs May 2014 ~ Beach Club Villas/Wyndham Grand Bonnet Creek/Bay Lake Tower
UKDEB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 03:14 PM   #15
SusanEllen
DIS Veteran

Oooooh, squeezing Tim McGraw! As much fun as that sounds, I understand that Faith Hill will be on you in a minute if you try!
SusanEllen is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: