Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The College Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-24-2013, 04:46 AM   #1396
Ziggy
Playing guitar with the spiders from mars

Roger and Leeg its lovely that you've both been back/are going back to do it again, I'm sure DD will do too, its all a big adventure for her and she's really looking forward to meeting others who are equally as excited about Disney as she is.
Old 02-24-2013, 05:14 AM   #1397
AnnaS

The puppy has now left the building and I am exhausted
Will you be rolling?
I can't wait to try them all

Yes, good luck to all the CPs applying.

My dd is there now. She is working at CBR in custodial. So far so good. She comes home in May. She does not have a car. I keep forgetting to ask her how the busses are. We are getting a new car for her when she comes home - was not buying one and taking it down. So far she does not plan on extending and that was the plan from the beginning.

Upcoming/planned trips:
March - SSR
October BCV F & W - 4 N. DCL Dream Double Dip

DCL '01 Eastern, '03 Western, '05 West Coast Cruise šoš '07 11 N. Med. Cruise, '13 Western
WDW - CBR, POR, POP, OKW, BWV, BCV, AKV, VWL, HH & VB, SSR,
AnnaS is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-25-2013, 02:19 PM   #1398
uromac
DIS Veteran

Hi!

Just posting to say hi and am excited about dd's CP application - she just received an email with more forms to fill out - any ideas if this means something? I'm just thrilled that she applied and had her phone interview - can you tell my family loves Disney!!

Melissa

Last edited by uromac; 02-25-2013 at 02:52 PM.
uromac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 11:18 PM   #1399
BANNISTER
Mouseketeer

Pending Status?

My DD had telephone interview last Thursday and today received email she is pending?? Who else has been through this? Can we be optimistic??? Keeping fingers crossed!

Family of 5 from Maryland
BANNISTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 11:27 PM   #1400
stitchlovestink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANNISTER
My DD had telephone interview last Thursday and today received email she is pending?? Who else has been through this? Can we be optimistic??? Keeping fingers crossed!
DD's BFF was pended for almost 5 weeks for spring '13 and ended up not getting in. Personally, I think it is a crap shoot with being pended. I think it depends on how popular the roles are that you selected, how many kids they let extend... every kid they let extend keeps one from getting a new spot if I understand how the system works. At least it keeps them from the shorter 5 month program because that is as long as they can extend. I wouldn't give up all hope, but I'd say it's probably a 50/50 shot. You'll just have to wait it out. Sorry! :/
stitchlovestink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 09:28 PM   #1401
RogerRadcliffe
Imagineering

Quote:
Originally Posted by leeg229 View Post
This is how my parents found out...

Mom: "Gerry, I'm thinking of planning a trip to Disney this June for Star Wars Weekends"
Me: "Awesome! I should have my maingate by then so I can get you dad and my sister in and I can use my discount for your hotel!"
Mom: "....Excuse me? What do you mean you'll have your maingate by then?"
Me: "Oops. Surprise mom! I'm going back! "
Mom: "YOU'RE GOING TO MISS MY BIRTHDAY AGAIN????"

She's still not too happy with me right now haha.
That sounds about right. My Mum's birthday the day after check-in so I'm most likely getting the same talk. Surprise!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
Roger and Leeg its lovely that you've both been back/are going back to do it again, I'm sure DD will do too, its all a big adventure for her and she's really looking forward to meeting others who are equally as excited about Disney as she is.
She'll really love it and meet people that have the same interests as her! How soon until she applies?

Have a Most Magical Day!

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths."
―Walt Disney
RogerRadcliffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 01:59 AM   #1402
Ziggy
Playing guitar with the spiders from mars

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerRadcliffe View Post
That sounds about right. My Mum's birthday the day after check-in so I'm most likely getting the same talk. Surprise!

She'll really love it and meet people that have the same interests as her! How soon until she applies?

Have a Most Magical Day!
She's applied and has a place on the ICP, she's coming over in June, she got merchandise
Old 03-01-2013, 11:21 PM   #1403
RogerRadcliffe
Imagineering

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
She's applied and has a place on the ICP, she's coming over in June, she got merchandise
Wow, many congratulations to her! It will be nice to run into a few people from the UK since that's where I'm originally from... Oh, how I miss it!

Ditto for Merchandise!

Have a Magical Day!

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths."
―Walt Disney
RogerRadcliffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 07:56 PM   #1404
markleventhal
Earning My Ears

With respect, I think your experience may have been a few years ago, before Obamacare. Under the ACA all children are covered on their parent's family insurance plan until they are age 26. It does not matter if they are students, it does not matter if they live at home, it does not matter if they are married.The new law says the insurance carrier must keep the on the plan until age 26 if you have a family policy.

The only exception is if they have a job that offers them health insurance . In that case, even it it is worse coverage, they must accept it and they insurance company has no obligation to keep them on the parent's policy. .

[QUOTE=Traveliz;24660684]Not true on the insurance and that is why its a subject parents might want to discuss on the boards -- it really depends on the parent's insurance policy.

In our case the child has to be in school full time (and that is determined by what the school says is full time) == which would be 12 hours each semester so my daughter did not qualify for the insurance she had been previously covered under. This varies greatly from one company to the next, from one insurance policy to the next. That meant we had to look for alternative insurance (or not) and I could share with other parents what we ended up doing.
markleventhal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 04:23 AM   #1405
AnnaS

Will you be rolling?

My dd loves it so much, she just informed me that she wants to extend til 8/2.

Upcoming/planned trips:
March - SSR

DCL '01 Eastern, '03 Western, '05 West Coast Cruise šoš '07 11 N. Med. Cruise, '13 Western
Old 03-04-2013, 04:46 AM   #1406
stitchlovestink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaS
When did she start and when is she currently scheduled to leave?
Old 03-04-2013, 02:28 PM   #1407
AnnaS

Will you be rolling?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stitchlovestink View Post
When did she start and when is she currently scheduled to leave?
She started in January and was scheduled to leave in May.

Upcoming/planned trips:
March - SSR

Old 03-04-2013, 02:35 PM   #1408
stitchlovestink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaS

She started in January and was scheduled to leave in May.
Oh, okay!
My DD started in January but isn't scheduled to finish until august.
Old 03-04-2013, 06:45 PM   #1409
Traveliz
DIS Veteran

With all due respect right back at you I made the post you quoted of mine on 4/23/2008 so almost five years ago and I am aware that things have changed. At the time it was relevant information.

Liz

[QUOTE=markleventhal;47689379]With respect, I think your experience may have been a few years ago, before Obamacare. Under the ACA all children are covered on their parent's family insurance plan until they are age 26. It does not matter if they are students, it does not matter if they live at home, it does not matter if they are married.The new law says the insurance carrier must keep the on the plan until age 26 if you have a family policy.

The only exception is if they have a job that offers them health insurance . In that case, even it it is worse coverage, they must accept it and they insurance company has no obligation to keep them on the parent's policy. .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveliz View Post
Not true on the insurance and that is why its a subject parents might want to discuss on the boards -- it really depends on the parent's insurance policy.

In our case the child has to be in school full time (and that is determined by what the school says is full time) == which would be 12 hours each semester so my daughter did not qualify for the insurance she had been previously covered under. This varies greatly from one company to the next, from one insurance policy to the next. That meant we had to look for alternative insurance (or not) and I could share with other parents what we ended up doing.
Traveliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 12:12 PM   #1410
Joanna71985
Characters are my friendsSuper CP to the rescue!
I was mostly in Fantasyland

Quote:
Originally Posted by jking6 View Post
I haven't been on the boards for quite sometime. But I wanted to say congrats and good luck to all the new prospective CM'S. My daughter started in August 2012 in the CP as a Photopass Phtographer at HS. She loved the job and HS is her favorite park, however she roomed with 7 other girls. 2 termed early and were replaced and they had one from he*# as the other girls would say. She made almost every girl in the room cry at one time or another. But over all she loved the experience so much she extended her stay and is now a Character Attendant at MK until the the middle of May.
I'm sure I know her then (I'm a CA at MK too)!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaS View Post
Oh nice! Good for her
Aug 1998- POR March 2003- HS band trip (offsite) Aug 2003- POR Jan 12-Aug 5, 2005: CP Jan 1-5, 2006: AS Sports (solo) May 24, 2006- Jan 5, 2007: CP Jan 31-Feb 3, 2007: Solo (offsite) March 1-3, 2007: Dad+me (offsite) May 16-Aug 10, 2007: CP Aug 10-12, 2007: GF May 21-Aug 15, 2008: CP Aug 15-18, 2008: AKL March 25-29, 2009 (offsite) Aug 10, 2009-Jan 2, 2010: CP Jan 3-May 14, 2010: CP May 16, 2010~ FT Dream: Feb 12-16, 2012 Fantasy: Oct 20-27, 2012 (East) Dream: Sept 8-12, 2013 Magic: Jan 20-24, 2014 Dream: 3-6, 2014 (for now)
Joanna71985 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: