Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The College Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-13-2012, 01:04 PM   #1171
ugadog99
Has been waiting patiently for a visit from the Tag Fairy and found that good things come to those who wait
Is on a hunt for the best Creme Brulee!

There was some interesting information in this week's CP email that was sent out today. As of August 1, Price Management will no longer be the group in charge of the apartments. Lincoln Management will take over the responsibilites. I don't think anyone knows if this will bring about changes in anything, but I thought it was interesting. Time will tell, I suppose.
Old 07-22-2012, 06:00 PM   #1172
Brenda P
Earning My Ears

I saw a couple of posts whose kids are going to the CP on August 8th. My daughter starts that day too. Was wondering what your kids will be doing while there? Mine is merchandise
Brenda P is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-22-2012, 06:50 PM   #1173
Dave Dizney
Super-Duper organized Ultimate Disney Fan!
And Travel Channel Television Star!
Possibly a hitchhiking ghost...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brenda P View Post
I saw a couple of posts whose kids are going to the CP on August 8th. My daughter starts that day too. Was wondering what your kids will be doing while there? Mine is merchandise
Yes - our daughter will be starting August 8th, too. She will be in attractions. She's flying out on the 7th to meet her roommate - and we're excited/nervous/sad to see her go.
Dave Dizney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 06:59 PM   #1174
Brenda P
Earning My Ears

My daughter hasn't found a roommate yet so she will get the luck of the draw which is a bit scary too. We are driving her down and staying for a few days after she checks in.
Old 07-22-2012, 07:57 PM   #1175
Dave Dizney

Quote:
My daughter hasn't found a roommate yet so she will get the luck of the draw which is a bit scary too. We are driving her down and staying for a few days after she checks in.
Hope all goes well for her and your family!
Old 07-25-2012, 09:22 AM   #1176
alice0826
Earning My Ears

Help!

Hi All! I'm sure some of my questions have been addressed in previous posts, but here goes! My daughter is checking in for the CP on 8/20. I am flying down with her and staying for a couple of days until she is settled. I feel clueless as to what the process will be once we arrive. Does anyone know what happens after we check in? I don't know how much I'll be able to participate in with her. I am trying to decide how long to stay ( I can change my flight) but I'm unsure of what she'll be doing the first couple of days. Can anyone walk me through some of the process so I don't feel like a fish out of water when we arrive? I greatly appreciate any help!
Old 07-25-2012, 02:09 PM   #1177
aznshents
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by alice0826 View Post
Hi All! I'm sure some of my questions have been addressed in previous posts, but here goes! My daughter is checking in for the CP on 8/20. I am flying down with her and staying for a couple of days until she is settled. I feel clueless as to what the process will be once we arrive. Does anyone know what happens after we check in? I don't know how much I'll be able to participate in with her. I am trying to decide how long to stay ( I can change my flight) but I'm unsure of what she'll be doing the first couple of days. Can anyone walk me through some of the process so I don't feel like a fish out of water when we arrive? I greatly appreciate any help!
Hi!

So the first day is check-in, they'll be shipped off to Casting to do paperwork and stuff. That'll last a few hours, and then after she's done with that you can help her move into her apartment. Then she'll have housing meetings, general meetings, etc on the next day (I think) which will tell them all about housing rules and regulations, etc. That'll take up a few hours and usually they go alone.

Next is Traditions, the orientation for new Cast Members, which is a lot of fun and where they get their nametags and IDs, as well as go through the extremely exciting process of learning the ins and outs of becoming a Cast Member. They may or may not have already gotten their training schedule, and a day after Traditions will be Park Orientation. This is a more detailed orientation for the park that she will be most specifically working in- mine was MK so our park orientation had us walking around MK with a trainer.

Then she'll start training for her location. She'll be pretty busy the first few days but she'll have evenings free (usually) where you can spend time together. Her schedule she receives will tell everything in advance, and may include a lot of early mornings (I had to get used to getting up at 5:30 for meetings at check-in and Traditions!)
aznshents is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 08:44 AM   #1178
Brenda P
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by aznshents

Hi!

So the first day is check-in, they'll be shipped off to Casting to do paperwork and stuff. That'll last a few hours, and then after she's done with that you can help her move into her apartment. Then she'll have housing meetings, general meetings, etc on the next day (I think) which will tell them all about housing rules and regulations, etc. That'll take up a few hours and usually they go alone.

Next is Traditions, the orientation for new Cast Members, which is a lot of fun and where they get their nametags and IDs, as well as go through the extremely exciting process of learning the ins and outs of becoming a Cast Member. They may or may not have already gotten their training schedule, and a day after Traditions will be Park Orientation. This is a more detailed orientation for the park that she will be most specifically working in- mine was MK so our park orientation had us walking around MK with a trainer.

Then she'll start training for her location. She'll be pretty busy the first few days but she'll have evenings free (usually) where you can spend time together. Her schedule she receives will tell everything in advance, and may include a lot of early mornings (I had to get used to getting up at 5:30 for meetings at check-in and Traditions!)
Thanks for all the helpful info!!!
Old 08-08-2012, 09:04 AM   #1179
Brenda P
Earning My Ears

Sitting at College Program visitor center now. Anyone has questions let me know.
Old 08-09-2012, 11:54 PM   #1180
shelbs
Earning My Ears

hey everybody! im shelby
its been a while since ive been on here (last time i was on here i was a junior in high school) and im starting college this fall...well in a week and a half lol. i want to do the cp next summer. is there a summer program? and also i will be a nursing major, will the cp still accept me? ive heard they wont take nursing majors. ive got lots of questions lol so hopefully yall can help!!

thanks!!
shelbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 07:54 AM   #1181
aznshents
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelbs View Post
hey everybody! im shelby
its been a while since ive been on here (last time i was on here i was a junior in high school) and im starting college this fall...well in a week and a half lol. i want to do the cp next summer. is there a summer program? and also i will be a nursing major, will the cp still accept me? ive heard they wont take nursing majors. ive got lots of questions lol so hopefully yall can help!!

thanks!!
They will take any major. Major is irrelevant, you are eligible if you are attending classes at the time you apply for the CP. Also, there is only occasionally a summer program, and it is usually for alumni only. First-time CPs have to pick from either Fall/Fall Advantage or Spring/Spring Advantage- the summer program is for those who have done it already.
aznshents is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 02:34 AM   #1182
shelbs
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by aznshents View Post
They will take any major. Major is irrelevant, you are eligible if you are attending classes at the time you apply for the CP. Also, there is only occasionally a summer program, and it is usually for alumni only. First-time CPs have to pick from either Fall/Fall Advantage or Spring/Spring Advantage- the summer program is for those who have done it already.
thanks! that helps a lot. at least i know they accept nurses! i would love to do the fall advantage program. but with nursing, my classes are kind of on a strict schedule:/ but i have 18 hours of college credit from dual enrollment and will be considered a sophomore my second semester of my freshman year... so maybe something could work out..
shelbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 06:45 AM   #1183
wfbnancy
Mouseketeer

When we were in the family waiting area on Aug. 8th we were offered the opportunity to sign up to receive info emails I believe weekly which I did. I have not received any emails. How do I get on this email list? I'm not sure who to contact.
wfbnancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 09:17 PM   #1184
Brenda P
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by wfbnancy
When we were in the family waiting area on Aug. 8th we were offered the opportunity to sign up to receive info emails I believe weekly which I did. I have not received any emails. How do I get on this email list? I'm not sure who to contact.
I signed up for those same emails at the family waiting area on the same day as you. Have yet to receive one either. Did they give you any copies of the employee magazine? I will look thru to see if I can find contact info on there and let you know if I find anything.

By the way, where does your son/daughter leave and what are they working at? My dd lives at Chatham and works in merchandise.
Old 08-27-2012, 07:00 AM   #1185
Dave Dizney

Quote:
I signed up for those same emails at the family waiting area on the same day as you. Have yet to receive one either. Did they give you any copies of the employee magazine? I will look thru to see if I can find contact info on there and let you know if I find anything.

By the way, where does your son/daughter leave and what are they working at? My dd lives at Chatham and works in merchandise.
I'd be interested in that email address, too. Our dd is in Patterson.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: