Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The College Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-04-2012, 07:32 AM   #1156
recmouse
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorchanthings View Post
Hi. Why not anyone can start a post for parents? Even many of us having more knowledge for this so do it soon.
This is the thread where parents can ask questions. Ask your questions and we'll see if we can help you.
recmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 08:47 PM   #1157
nicolearielsmom
Earning My Ears

Very excited to be taking my DD to check in on June 11th. Are there any family type gatherings planned. Right now just her roommates and moms are getting together for dinner.
nicolearielsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-05-2012, 08:54 PM   #1158
recmouse
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolearielsmom View Post
Very excited to be taking my DD to check in on June 11th. Are there any family type gatherings planned. Right now just her roommates and moms are getting together for dinner.
There were no family events planned when I brought my daughter in January. When you first drop your daughter off that morning... she checks in by herself. There is an area for parents to hang out, they give you info on the Disney College program and there is coffee and cookies. They also offer apartment tours, will answer any questions you have, and DVC is also there giving presentations.

Good luck!
Old 05-16-2012, 08:56 PM   #1159
Dave Dizney
Super-Duper organized Ultimate Disney Fan!
And Travel Channel Television Star!
Possibly a hitchhiking ghost...

CP Parents Benefits?

Hey you CP experts: Do you know if the parents of CP's get a discount on Disney Cruises?
Dave Dizney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 09:44 PM   #1160
Berlioz70
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Dizney View Post
Hey you CP experts: Do you know if the parents of CP's get a discount on Disney Cruises?
Your son/daughter gets a discount, so if you join them on a cruise then it would help benefit you. There are no discounts solely by "relation" except for spouses/partners (which only apply to PT and FT CMs).
Old 05-19-2012, 09:19 AM   #1161
Praise2Him
DIS Veteran

Except I'm pretty sure the only discounts are for "space available" cruises, which are released a few weeks out, so you have to be flexible with when you can go.

Rodney Lisa Kenton Tiffany Kevin Leighton Jayden
Praise2Him is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 10:21 AM   #1162
mickmom728
Mouseketeer

Good Place to Stay

Hard to believe that my DS has been done with his CP for a year now! We found that the Buena Vista Suites was a good place to stay and close to their complexes. (We rented a car and it was easy to get around the area.) They have suites that include a two bed sleeping area, a bathroom, and a sitting area with pull-out couch, fridge, microwave. Free breakfast every morning that included hot foods(some of which were made-to-order) and lots of selections for everyone. I believe we paid about $79 a night. They have a website that has specials on Wednesdays and Thursdays(they are the sister resort of Caribe Royale) so definitely check it out!
On a side note, my DS loved his program! And the Disney Happy Ending is that he met his fiancee while there and they will be getting married July 2013! Dreams do come true!!
mickmom728 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 12:59 PM   #1163
JohnBilotti
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by onehotdisneymama View Post
Hello to CP parents out there. Are you having times of going from to as each day goes by and your or near their date of check-in?
Correct
JohnBilotti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 01:00 PM   #1164
JohnBilotti
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by DISshopkeeper View Post
On move-in day, this past August, the bulk of the time I spent was waiting while she checked in. Once I got her stuff inside the door of her apartment, I looked around, met the roomies and was done! She set herself up. So I was there a total of 9am to around 11:30 or so.
Thanks
JohnBilotti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 06:00 AM   #1165
nicolearielsmom
Earning My Ears

getting excited/nervous the closer my dd check date gets.
I have another question that probally has been answered before(sorry). On check in day, we know the cp goes their way to check in but is there anytime during that 1st day to run to store with cp or is it once they check in they are busy rest of day? BTW she is lifeguard and we know she takes her test that day , but she has heard on some FB sites that some cp ar esitting around after checkin for a couple days.
nicolearielsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 10:07 AM   #1166
recmouse
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolearielsmom View Post
getting excited/nervous the closer my dd check date gets.
I have another question that probally has been answered before(sorry). On check in day, we know the cp goes their way to check in but is there anytime during that 1st day to run to store with cp or is it once they check in they are busy rest of day? BTW she is lifeguard and we know she takes her test that day , but she has heard on some FB sites that some cp ar esitting around after checkin for a couple days.
This is one of the things I found interesting and frustrating... considering it's 'Disney' - you aren't given much information until check in day about anything! If it wasn't for these boards... we would have been going more crazy than we were that day!

For my daughter - she checked in, I waited for about an hour and a half for her, and then we went to her apartment to drop everything off. She only had a window of about an hour or so before she had to head to get a bus to go to a meeting. Some of her roommates had the same meeting, another had one later that day. While she went to that meeting - I finished setting up her room and then headed to Target. I bought some of the stuff she was missing, which fortunately wasn't much, and pretty much bought food and supplies... again... mostly food and snacks! We did go shopping again for some small things the following day.

When she got back to the apartment, probably 2 -3 hours later, with her roomies after their meetings, finger printing, etc... we finished setting up and went to dinner with some of the room mates and their parents... that was about 6:00pm. It was a LONG day!

The next few days, each of her room mates had different schedules... some of them started right away - others had a day off before they started. That was the frustrating part... it was hard to plan beforehand. It all worked out... she's got a few months to go... and unfortunately - she can't wait til it's over. (She's in Quick Service Food and Beverage)
Old 06-23-2012, 11:11 PM   #1167
wishicouldgomoreofte
Mouseketeer

CP for students with Master's degree

When a college student has completed her master's degree, and graduated, is she still able to do the college program, or is it just too late?
I tried looking at the career info about internships, etc, but was unsuccessful in finding anything. I think I have found info before, so may not have been looking in the right place.
I would appreciate any assistance.
Thanks in advance.
Old 06-24-2012, 06:12 PM   #1168
Joanna71985
Characters are my friendsSuper CP to the rescue!
I was mostly in Fantasyland

The student has to be currently enrolled in school to apply for the CP
Aug 1998- POR March 2003- HS band trip (offsite) Aug 2003- POR Jan 12-Aug 5, 2005: CP Jan 1-5, 2006: AS Sports (solo) May 24, 2006- Jan 5, 2007: CP Jan 31-Feb 3, 2007: Solo (offsite) March 1-3, 2007: Dad+me (offsite) May 16-Aug 10, 2007: CP Aug 10-12, 2007: GF May 21-Aug 15, 2008: CP Aug 15-18, 2008: AKL March 25-29, 2009 (offsite) Aug 10, 2009-Jan 2, 2010: CP Jan 3-May 14, 2010: CP May 16, 2010~ FT Dream: Feb 12-16, 2012 Fantasy: Oct 20-27, 2012 (East) Dream: Sept 8-12, 2013 Magic: Jan 20-24, 2014 Dream: 3-6, 2014 (for now)
Joanna71985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 10:40 PM   #1169
Dizbabe
Earning My Ears

CP Park Tickets for Guests

My DD will begin her Internship on August 8th. My DH and I will be coming to visit her during Christmas. Does anyone know if the interns can still get guests into the parks during the blackout dates for the parks?
Old 07-09-2012, 11:11 PM   #1170
epfootballcutie04
DiSnEy PrInCeSs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizbabe View Post
My DD will begin her Internship on August 8th. My DH and I will be coming to visit her during Christmas. Does anyone know if the interns can still get guests into the parks during the blackout dates for the parks?
If her main gate is black out then sadly, no. You would be more then welcome to go to the park but you would need to purchase park tickets :-) I don't know if she would be able to get you a discount on purchasing them or not... I did my program in 2009 and can't quite remember. But Holiday time!!!... so exciting :-) Good luck to your daughter!
Contemporary *1st time to Disney!*- 92...Poly/Wonder Cruise- 01...Sailing on the Magic- 05...Going Home! SSR/OKW- 06...SSR- 07...Pop!- 09...**Disney College Program Spring Advantage!**- 09...All Star Music- 09...SSR/MNSSHP- 10...All Star Movies *Wedding Planning!*- 11...**Married my Prince Charming at WDW!**- Nov 11..Disney Dream- Oct 12...Disney Fantasy MutinEARS- Nov 13...Rockin the Dock Fantasy Sailing- Oct 14

Disney Fantasy Trip Report: November 2nd-9th 2013:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3222476
epfootballcutie04 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: