Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The College Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 02-19-2012, 12:42 AM   #1096
johnandsadie
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 17

Thank you!

for you good thoughts....your quick response...and your helpful answer!
johnandsadie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 08:44 PM   #1097
jking6
DIS Veteran
 
jking6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Brookfield NY
Posts: 929

Hi everyone, well my daughter had her phone interview on Sunday as did my neice for the fall program. Today they both got accepted. My daughter will be photographer and my niece got fast food service.
They are so excited but I am a little nervous and Central New York is quite away from Disney!
__________________
My Disney Trips- Feb 2007- ASMU, Dec 2007- CSR, Dec 2009- Pop, Polynesian, CSR,
Aug 2010- BLT, Pop, May 2011- ASSp, CR, Dec 2011- CSR
jking6 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 02-22-2012, 11:48 PM   #1098
Yvette563
Mouseketeer
 
Yvette563's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Rancho Cucamonga, California
Posts: 121

Quote:
Originally Posted by jking6 View Post
Hi everyone, well my daughter had her phone interview on Sunday as did my neice for the fall program. Today they both got accepted. My daughter will be photographer and my niece got fast food service.
They are so excited but I am a little nervous and Central New York is quite away from Disney!
WOW! Congratulations on your daughter and neice getting accepted! Your daughter interviewd Sun and already got accepted! Thats AWESOME.. My daughter contines to be in a "Pending" status so that worries me.. She REALLY wants in.. Patience SURE is a virtue!!! hehehe
Yvette563 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 01:01 PM   #1099
momof3poohlovers
DIS Veteran
 
momof3poohlovers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: California
Posts: 681

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yvette563 View Post
WOW! Congratulations on your daughter and neice getting accepted! Your daughter interviewd Sun and already got accepted! Thats AWESOME.. My daughter contines to be in a "Pending" status so that worries me.. She REALLY wants in.. Patience SURE is a virtue!!! hehehe
I just saw that you are from Rancho Cucamonga! We live in the high desert and used to live in Rancho. As soon as this housing market picks up we will hopefully be able to sell our house and move back down there. I hope your DD makes it in! They will be a long way from home though!
__________________
momof3poohlovers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 01:03 PM   #1100
momof3poohlovers
DIS Veteran
 
momof3poohlovers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: California
Posts: 681

I was just wondering who on here have children attending the CP program in the Fall? My DD and her boyfriend were both accepted. My DD starts Aug. 8th and her boyfriend a couple of weeks later. Who else will be there in Aug?
__________________
momof3poohlovers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 07:28 PM   #1101
NewMex
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Posts: 2

Warn Your Kids About Crazy Drivers

Please warn you kids that many drivers in the WDW area are crazy! Most are tourists who are not familiar with the area, already stressed out, and are often driving rental cars they aren't familiar with. My daughter is there for the Spring 2012 program and has had many near misses with other cars. People suddenly make a lane a double turn right or left and turn in front or her, or are looking at a map and suddenly slow to a near stop, or run red lights, etc. So far she's been fortunate. I even have to admit that when I took her there in Jan, I left Downtown Disney without my lights on, because I was in a rental car and didn't realize I didn't have them on.

They need to drive really defensively!
NewMex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 11:06 AM   #1102
scrapbookinmickeyfan
Earning My Ears
 
scrapbookinmickeyfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Hampton Roads, VA
Posts: 54

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof3poohlovers View Post
I was just wondering who on here have children attending the CP program in the Fall? My DD and her boyfriend were both accepted. My DD starts Aug. 8th and her boyfriend a couple of weeks later. Who else will be there in Aug?
My daughter will be in the Fall Advantage program. She starts on June 4 and returns home on Jan 2.
scrapbookinmickeyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 09:38 PM   #1103
APB513
Wishing I was back in my Laughing Place
 
APB513's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Ypsilanti, MI
Posts: 2,168

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof3poohlovers View Post
I was just wondering who on here have children attending the CP program in the Fall? My DD and her boyfriend were both accepted. My DD starts Aug. 8th and her boyfriend a couple of weeks later. Who else will be there in Aug?
My son will be doing the Fall Advantage CP and he will be working QSFB. He starts May16th.
__________________



1970-1980 many trips to DL, 5/1986 (offsite - MK), 12/2001 (offsite & MVMCP), 12/2002 (DLR & Paradise Pier), 9/2006 (Pop & MNSSHP, Disney Magic, AKL ), 11/2007 (Pop & MNSSHP), 12/2007 (DTD & MVMCP), 8/2008 (Loew's Royal Pacific Resort, Pop & Windsor Hills), 5/2009 (Bday Solo Trip - POFQ), 12/2009 (Loew's Portofino Bay & Pop w/FD), 8/2011 (Pop w/FD, Disney Dream & Loew's Portofino Bay), 5/2012 Disney's Travel Agent EP, Bday & Mother's Day AND Kyle starts DCP! - CSR & Contemporary, 12/2012 All Star Sports and Loew's Hard Rock Hotel, 1/2013 DLR - Disney's Travel Agent EP - Paradise Pier and Disneyland Hotel, 10/2013 Loew's Royal Pacific Resort, ASMo, Pop and CSR - Homebased Travel Agent Forum

Angela
Me DS24 DS19

Memberships: D23, Mickey Moms Club and WDW Commando Club (member #113)
APB513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 04:01 PM   #1104
blackjackdelta
Uncle had an "in" with Walt
I love those rainy days with the decreased crowds
 
blackjackdelta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: So. Eastern Washington
Posts: 8,422

It looks all these post have to do with WDW, what happened to DLR. My daughter got pended which i consider cruel making them wait. Can not plan for a vacation this year until this has been resolved.

Jack
blackjackdelta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 04:25 PM   #1105
taigirl87
Resident Pixie Duster
 
taigirl87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Utah
Posts: 799

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackjackdelta View Post
It looks all these post have to do with WDW, what happened to DLR. My daughter got pended which i consider cruel making them wait. Can not plan for a vacation this year until this has been resolved.

Jack
I think the reason there are more posts about wdw is because there are loads more positions there. I think pending for both DL and wdw virtually have the same meaning though, what that means I don't know. I wish I did as my husband and I are both pending for wdw. I wish I knew if we got in! I'd rather not have our auditions coming up be our one shot! A role to fall back one would be nice
__________________
Me: 26 DH: 25
Fall '09 Merchandise
Spring '10 Main Street Ops
taigirl87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 08:13 PM   #1106
blackjackdelta
Uncle had an "in" with Walt
I love those rainy days with the decreased crowds
 
blackjackdelta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: So. Eastern Washington
Posts: 8,422

Thanks for writing, I am a shareholder for Disney Corp and have and will continue to express my dis-satisifaction at this process. Either plan it properly or do not do it all, it really does show Disney lack of overall organization through the ranks, very poor management.

Wishing you luck,

Jack
blackjackdelta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 02:25 PM   #1107
jgraney106
DIS Veteran
 
jgraney106's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Rochester, New York
Posts: 867

Quote:
Originally Posted by jking6 View Post
Hi everyone, well my daughter had her phone interview on Sunday as did my neice for the fall program. Today they both got accepted. My daughter will be photographer and my niece got fast food service.
They are so excited but I am a little nervous and Central New York is quite away from Disney!
I know how you feel ! I have mixed emotions too. My daughter got accepted for a merchandise role at WDW , and will check in on August 29th. We are in upstate New York.
I'm trying to find out from these boards what "wellness" and "non-wellness" means as far as the housing goes? My daughter hasn't told me much about the whole experience yet.
I hate the idea she won't be home for Christmas!
jgraney106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 02:29 PM   #1108
mouselovenfamily
DIS Veteran
 
mouselovenfamily's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Blue Springs, Missouri
Posts: 1,506

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgraney106 View Post
I know how you feel ! I have mixed emotions too. My daughter got accepted for a merchandise role at WDW , and will check in on August 29th. We are in upstate New York.
I'm trying to find out from these boards what "wellness" and "non-wellness" means as far as the housing goes? My daughter hasn't told me much about the whole experience yet.
I hate the idea she won't be home for Christmas!
I believe it means this:


"Also there are two types of apartments: wellness apartments and non-wellness apartments. Wellness are dry apartments intended for participants under 21 years old. However if you are over 21 you can choose to be in a wellness apartment. Non-wellness apartments are designed for those over 21 years old."
__________________
Heading Back for trip 30 over Spring Break!
mouselovenfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 03:24 PM   #1109
jgraney106
DIS Veteran
 
jgraney106's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Rochester, New York
Posts: 867

Quote:
Originally Posted by mouselovenfamily View Post
I believe it means this:


"Also there are two types of apartments: wellness apartments and non-wellness apartments. Wellness are dry apartments intended for participants under 21 years old. However if you are over 21 you can choose to be in a wellness apartment. Non-wellness apartments are designed for those over 21 years old."
Thank you for the info. My daughter is 22 but doesn't drink or smoke. Hoping she is requesting wellness. She is NOT a partier by any means.
jgraney106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 06:50 PM   #1110
figmentfan6
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 140

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgraney106 View Post
Thank you for the info. My daughter is 22 but doesn't drink or smoke. Hoping she is requesting wellness. She is NOT a partier by any means.
Living in a wellness apartment does not mean there will be no alcohol, smoking or partying. It just means that if you get caught with alcohol in the apartment you can be immediately terminated. If she's not a partier or a smoker, she needs to hand pick her roommates and not leave it up to chance. I would suggest that she go non-wellness and pick roommates who are like her and not into parties and smoking. This way, she takes less of a risk if someone bring alcohol home. She may not want to be stuck with a bunch of partying 18 year-olds, which could well happen in wellness.
figmentfan6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:49 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: