Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The College Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-03-2010, 02:57 PM   #811
khancock
DIS Veteran

They may be talking about the 360's

https://www.wdwcollegeprogram.com/sa...360_views.html
khancock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 11:19 PM   #812
newdrama12
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeCee735 View Post
Is this an area of the website that only the CPers can get into, or can I look around too? If so, can you post the link or tell me what the website is? Is it the regular Disney CP site?

Thanks so much for any info you can provide. Also, can he wait til he gets home for Thanksgiving before filling out the roommate matcher form, or is this something he should do immediately?

Again, TIA!
If you go to wdwcollegeprogram.com you will be able to look around a bit. There is a family member section as well as a student section. There are lockers in the apartment, he would just need a combination lock. The roommate matching form doesn't have to be filled out, but he can wait to do that if he wants to.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-07-2010, 09:14 AM   #813
DeeCee735
"How Do You Know of the Key?"

Some more questions from a mom

I also posted this on the regular college board because I think some of the questions can be addressed to the students and some to the parents, so thanks again for any info!
My son's check in date is 1/10/11. Where is check in? Is it the same place for everyone? Where is Traditions held?
Where will his training be for Bell Services/Dispatch? Will he need his car to get to and from training or is it mandatory to take their transportation for the training days?

He's bringing his car, we are driving two cars down to get him settled. I was thinking of renting the second car instead of taking ours to drive down and move him in, and then return the rental in florida so my husband and I can fly home at the end of our stay (we will be there for a few days). How much will he need to use a car in the first week that he's there? Is there a lot of running around to be done, besides the supermarket or to buy shoes?

Just trying to get a feel for that first week. I know we won't see him much, and my husband and I do plan to have a couple of days in the parks for ourselves, but I also plan to be "on call" if he needs us to run errands with him, or for him while he's doing his training.

Anything thing you guys can share with this mom to help me from a parents point of view, to prepare for the first few "settle in" days?

TIA!

AKV 11/14,AKV 6/14,VWL5/14,BWV 2/14,BWV 11/13, AKV 10/13,AKV/BWV 3/13,AKV 2/13,BWV 12/12 SEDONA RCI TRADE 4/12,BWV 2/12, OFFSITE 12/11,AKV11/11,DREAM/BWV 4/11, AKV 2/11, SSR 1/11, BWV 6/10, HH 3/10, AKV/BWV1/10,AKV11/09, OKW 3/09, BWV 1/09, BWV 10/08,AKV/BWV/HHI/CHARLESTON PL 4/08,BWV 9/07, HH 4/07, BWV 2/06, BWV 10/05, OKW 2/05,BWV 3/04,BWV 10/03, BWV 2/03, BWV4/02,Wonder&BWV2/01,BWV 5/00,Offsite2/00,WL/CS98,Poly 6/95
DeeCee735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 11:27 AM   #814
ZeroToHero
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeCee735 View Post
I also posted this on the regular college board because I think some of the questions can be addressed to the students and some to the parents, so thanks again for any info!
My son's check in date is 1/10/11. Where is check in? Is it the same place for everyone? Where is Traditions held?
Where will his training be for Bell Services/Dispatch? Will he need his car to get to and from training or is it mandatory to take their transportation for the training days?

He's bringing his car, we are driving two cars down to get him settled. I was thinking of renting the second car instead of taking ours to drive down and move him in, and then return the rental in florida so my husband and I can fly home at the end of our stay (we will be there for a few days). How much will he need to use a car in the first week that he's there? Is there a lot of running around to be done, besides the supermarket or to buy shoes?

Just trying to get a feel for that first week. I know we won't see him much, and my husband and I do plan to have a couple of days in the parks for ourselves, but I also plan to be "on call" if he needs us to run errands with him, or for him while he's doing his training.

Anything thing you guys can share with this mom to help me from a parents point of view, to prepare for the first few "settle in" days?

TIA!
Check-in is at Vista Way, and yes, it is the same for everyone.

Traditions is at Disney University.

Training will either be just at his resort, or at Disney University and his resort. You don't have to take the transportation offered, but if you don't know the way, it might be safer to take it, so you don't get lost the first day.

My roommates and I only needed to go out to get stuff the first two days, and it was just going to Target for groceries and anything the apartment needed. After training starts (or sometimes at Casting the first day, depending on your role) you'll find out what type of shoes you need, but you have plenty of time to get them.
ZeroToHero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 01:31 PM   #815
deek05
Earning My Ears

Does anyone know if it's problem to mail a box down a few days before my dd arrives? Will they hold it for her? Thanks
deek05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 04:19 PM   #816
SportsChick
Mouseketeer

No they won't hold anything so sending stuff down early isn't possible
Old 11-07-2010, 05:09 PM   #817
kids4olsen
Earning My Ears

is there a certain attire my daughter needs to wear for main entrance or shuttle person
kids4olsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 05:15 PM   #818
SportsChick
Mouseketeer

you have to have professional wear for Traditions and Discovery Day (or whatever the park orientation day is called. Epcot is Discovery Day). I started training right after that, so I only needed two professional outfits. I'm not taking classes here however.
Old 11-07-2010, 06:30 PM   #819
Traveliz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kids4olsen View Post
is there a certain attire my daughter needs to wear for main entrance or shuttle person
She will be issued a costume for work - everything but the underwear, socks and shoes (shoes and socks will have to be a certain color). For other work events there is a "Disney Look" that needs to be maintained...its basically nice clothes (somewhat nicer than business casual) and will be explained in detail.

Liz
Traveliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 06:42 PM   #820
kids4olsen
Earning My Ears

classes tix and room discounts

she is majoring in marketing and minoring in graphic design,business,internatioanl business, global chain supply and demand what courses can any of you suggest she takes while she is there she will bethere from jan 31 until aug 12. she is hoping to take 2 courses. also the college site says she will get tix for up to 3 people for up to 6 days. people on here have said you get 4 tix for up to 6 days. can anyone tell me which it is.and are there block out days that you can not get discounts for rooms for your family
Old 11-07-2010, 06:51 PM   #821
WDW_lover_in_SC
DIS Veteran

You can get 3 people in 6 times.
Old 11-07-2010, 07:36 PM   #822
kids4olsen
Earning My Ears

thank you
Old 11-07-2010, 08:39 PM   #823
SportsChick
Mouseketeer

There are black outs. They are available on the HUB and are released a couple months at a time
Old 11-14-2010, 06:07 PM   #824
starwood
This mouse GOT her next cruise
I won't even tell my DH what I'm doing. He already thinks I'm nuts

DS is going down in January and I have a question about banking. How can I set up a bank account for him down there with an atm card and deposit money into his account up here in NJ? He has an account at a local bank that his Disney Store paycheck is being direct deposited into but there are no branches of this bank in Florida.

Environmentallity Begins With You
starwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 06:21 PM   #825
WDW_lover_in_SC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by starwood View Post
DS is going down in January and I have a question about banking. How can I set up a bank account for him down there with an atm card and deposit money into his account up here in NJ? He has an account at a local bank that his Disney Store paycheck is being direct deposited into but there are no branches of this bank in Florida.
Can't her just use a bank/check card if the branch is in your hometown? Also it is possible to deposit money into his Disneys Partners bank account through Western Union. But that's a whole other story.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: