Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The College Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-14-2010, 03:33 PM   #751
mickmom728
Mouseketeer

I remember reading on here earlier in the year that Fall Cpers would receive a "Holiday" package around September that is good for Oct.-Feb. My DS is working there now and says he has not received anything like that. Is it just stuff that they access on the Hub or are they actual coupons or something they can use to get discounts in the restaurants, etc.? TIA
mickmom728 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 04:09 PM   #752
glendalais
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickmom728 View Post
I remember reading on here earlier in the year that Fall Cpers would receive a "Holiday" package around September that is good for Oct.-Feb. My DS is working there now and says he has not received anything like that. Is it just stuff that they access on the Hub or are they actual coupons or something they can use to get discounts in the restaurants, etc.? TIA
Disney's Family Holiday Celebration is a collection of Walt Disney World Resort Discounts and Benefits given to Florida-Site Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. Cast Members to celebrate the Christmas season.

All eligible Cast Members, including Florida-Site Disney Internships and Programs Participants, will receive a mailing at the address listed in the Company's records. For the 2010 Celebration, this should be arriving in the next several weeks.

Former Disneyland Resort Cast Member

The views and opinions expressed on this post are mine and do not necessarily represent or reflect those of The Walt Disney Company and Affiliated Companies, nor of Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc..

Last edited by glendalais; 10-15-2010 at 07:15 PM.
glendalais is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-14-2010, 04:34 PM   #753
mickmom728
Mouseketeer

thank you very much for the quick response! we will be looking for it!
mickmom728 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 03:04 PM   #754
KayMeg'sMom
Earning My Ears

How many days after your DS/DD moves into the apartments did you stay to help them settle in? I know they have meetings on Day 2 and Day 3 but only half a day.

I am sure it is going to be easier on my DD me leaving then it will be on myself.
KayMeg'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 04:42 PM   #755
Praise2Him
DIS Veteran

We stayed maybe 3 or 4 days - not really necessary but fun!

Rodney Lisa Kenton Tiffany Kevin Leighton Jayden Lana
Praise2Him is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 10:16 PM   #756
kikiq
DIS Veteran

I originally plan on staying one day to take the girls to the store once they checked in but had to leave that evening because of work. My DD and I arrived the day before and I picked up all the rest of the girls from the airport the day they checked in. Ended up they really didn't need me, they just took the bus to WalMart and did just fine. I was bummed since we're from California and I really wanted to spend just a little more time with my DD before she left for 6 months. You're right, it is harder on us then them.

kikiq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 01:03 PM   #757
DeeCee735
"How Do You Know of the Key?"

Hello everyone. Okay, Wow! I've got so much going on in my head I don't know how to start!

My son was just accepted to the CP for this coming semester, Spring 2011. He's a Hotel & Resort management major in college. He applied, half heartedly, last year for this current semester, but didn't get past the online interview. He applied again a few weeks ago, got the phone interview and was notified last Thursday via email that he's been accepted! I'm freaking out more than he is (I think, I haven't actually seen him since he's up at school).

My biggest concern is that he's such a last minute kind of person. Doesn't think ahead much. I am the complete opposite, I can plan what's for a trip 2 years out and know where we're having dinner when we get there and what's offered on the menu. Not him.

So, I have many concerns for both how he'll do once there, and for how to prepare to get him there and settled. I know nothing about this process, past the interview. He still has to respond with a yes that he's accepting the opportunity.

After that, ????

Please offer any help you can. It will be greatly appreciated. What's first, and second, etc.

Thanks so much! I am SOOO PROUD of him! As all of us parents are of our children, especially upon an accomplishment

AKV 11/14,AKV 6/14,VWL5/14,BWV 2/14,BWV 11/13, AKV 10/13,AKV/BWV 3/13,AKV 2/13,BWV 12/12 SEDONA RCI TRADE 4/12,BWV 2/12, OFFSITE 12/11,AKV11/11,DREAM/BWV 4/11, AKV 2/11, SSR 1/11, BWV 6/10, HH 3/10, AKV/BWV1/10,AKV11/09, OKW 3/09, BWV 1/09, BWV 10/08,AKV/BWV/HHI/CHARLESTON PL 4/08,BWV 9/07, HH 4/07, BWV 2/06, BWV 10/05, OKW 2/05,BWV 3/04,BWV 10/03, BWV 2/03, BWV4/02,Wonder&BWV2/01,BWV 5/00,Offsite2/00,WL/CS98,Poly 6/95
DeeCee735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 01:08 PM   #758
beautygirlsmom
Mouseketeer

My daughter didn't even want me to come down! She ended up going with my father-in-law and never needed him past dropping off her stuff. She quickly made friends with a couple of the girls, and with her activities the first few days, she really didn't have time for me even if I had gone down.
beautygirlsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 01:53 PM   #759
BadDad
Mouseketeer

Exclamation Day 1&2 + Quick food service + alcohol

Just joined my s20 is going into a wellness apt and quick food service for Spring advantage 2011. I have a couple of questions:
  1. What are days 1 & 2 like?
  2. How is quick food service? Is it as bad as many blogs claim?
  3. What should my s20 do is one of his roommates brings in alcohol?
BadDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 03:32 PM   #760
DZMike
Desert Storm, OIF, and WDW Veteran

Dear fellow future CP parent...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeCee735 View Post
Hello everyone. Okay, Wow! I've got so much going on in my head I don't know how to start!

My son was just accepted to the CP for this coming semester, Spring 2011 ...

Please offer any help you can. It will be greatly appreciated. What's first, and second, etc.

Thanks so much! I am SOOO PROUD of him! As all of us parents are of our children, especially upon an accomplishment
Well, first you need to take a deep breath.
Second, go back through this thread to around August and read up to now.
The Spring 2010 and Fall 2010 threads were also very informative.
Third, he needs to accept in order to get a start date. I understand that all the Jan start dates are full (unless my DS18 drops out).
Fourth, search YouTube for video of the apartments.
Fifth, make travel plans to deliver him and be prepared to spend $$ getting him stuff to get started.
Sixth, post more questions.
Good luck.
LTC Mike
DZMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 06:37 PM   #761
ZeroToHero
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadDad View Post
Just joined my s20 is going into a wellness apt and quick food service for Spring advantage 2011. I have a couple of questions:
  1. What are days 1 & 2 like?
  2. How is quick food service? Is it as bad as many blogs claim?
  3. What should my s20 do is one of his roommates brings in alcohol?
1) Day one you get your apartment, move in, go to Casting, have a housing meeting, and meet your roommates. And go shopping for essentials. Day 2 you have your housing meeting if you didn't have it on Day 1, do more shopping, unpack, and relax, because Day 3 is where it starts getting busy and you start Traditions and then in the days after that, your job.

2) I can't answer this because I don't do it.

3) Either tell them to get rid of it, or, if it is a reoccurring problem and your son feels like it is going to cost him his job (ie - it is in a common area, his bedroom, basically anywhere where he too could have access to it and it could be considered his), then go to security and file an anonymous report.
ZeroToHero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 06:50 PM   #762
beautygirlsmom
Mouseketeer

My daughter is in the program, doing quick service food and beverage.

1) Ditto what ZerotoHero has already outlined.

2) Brighid LOVES it. Of course, there are days where she'd rather be at the pool or the beach, but she works in a variety of jobs, has learned quite a few ins and outs, and has even been deployed to another resort (she is at the Mara at Animal Kingdom Lodge). During the course of a week, she could be on register, act as a greeter, or work in the back, stocking the refrigerators. This is her first real job, and she's loved every minute of it. She's been there since May, and she goes until January 3rd (fall advantage). She's made a lot of friends, and is excited about the holiday benefits!

3) I would tell you to have him report it. You don't want him to lose his job as a result of someone else's stupidity.
beautygirlsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 07:45 AM   #763
BadDad
Mouseketeer

More questions

Thanks for the information.
Another question:
Do boys (ahem) young MEN need business suits? polos and kakis?
Old 10-26-2010, 07:54 AM   #764
bantha09
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadDad View Post
Thanks for the information.
Another question:
Do boys (ahem) young MEN need business suits? polos and kakis?
A suit? maybe, depends on what your son's role is.

As for polos and khakis, polo shirts are not permitted, but to quote from the College program website " Dress trousers and a short- or long-sleeved professional-style shirt are required. Shirts must be tucked in, with the exception of camp style dress shirts and sweaters specifically tailored otherwise."

to put it all in a nutshell, your son must dress well for anything that he does that has to do with Disney ,including classes if he takes them.

To find the full list, go to https://www.wdwcollegeprogram.com/sa...s_noncost.html

hope that helps

P.S. Welcome to the boards!
Old 10-26-2010, 11:13 AM   #765
BadDad
Mouseketeer

Thanks

Which brings me the question. If he is working in QSFB what type of clothes should he bring?

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: