Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The College Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-08-2010, 11:36 AM   #646
kt-scarlett
Migraines are stupid, throw rocks at them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroToHero View Post
Those are one and the same. The Internship Participants also could include Career Start and the International Programmers.
Ah, okay. Thanks! I was confused because I thought you were referring only to the folks in the Professional Internship Program This is great that we, the parents of CPers, can get a DVC discount.

HOTEL ROYAL PLAZA '86 CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT '92 DIXIE LANDINGS '97 WILDERNESS LODGE '97 OLD KEY WEST ‘98 SWOLPHIN '98,'00, ’01, ’03, ’04, ‘05 VILLAS AT WILDERNESS LODGE '01, ‘08, '11, '14 BEACH CLUB '02, '10 BOARDWALK INN ‘02 BEACH CLUB VILLAS '03 BOARDWALK VILLAS '99, ’00, ’02, ’03, ’04, ’05, ’06, ’07, '08, ‘10, '11, '12, '13, '14 POP '10, '12, POFQ '11 POR '11, '12 DCL WONDER TO ALASKA '13 VILLAS AT GRAND CALIFORNIAN '13 ANIMAL KINGDOM VILLAS '14
kt-scarlett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 11:59 AM   #647
mickey4ever111
Earning My Ears

My daughter got accepted to Photopass yesterday!!

WE ARE DOING THE DISNEY HAPPY DANCE!!

My daughter applied the day apps came out on Jan. 20th had phone interview on Jan. 27th. Got a thank you email for interview a couple days later and never heard anything after that! She called about 3 weeks ago and they told her she was pending! than on March 8th we went to a college presentation and spoke to the recruiter who told her she should have got something by email! So, she called this past Thursday 3/11 and they said and I quote "you should be getting something for YOUR Fall advantage program" so needless to say she thought that sound like good news and sure enough in the mail yesterday was her PURPLE FOLDER!! I told her that it was worth the loooooooong wait

I am very surprised that she got photopass because I know it is very competitive!! But she is a film/photography major so I think that has alot to do with it!!

So, are there any parents out there that have kids doing photopass now or past photopass CP parents that can give some tips or answer some questions?

I heard that Photopass needs to wear White sneakers, is this true and do they have to have a certain brand? I would love to get her a pair or two to break in before she goes!!

Any other tips or suggestions would be great!! Thanks!!
mickey4ever111 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-16-2010, 02:50 PM   #648
Praise2Him
DIS Veteran

Congratulations! I know how excited you are

I'm sorry, I don't have any experience with Photopass, but I do think they ~try~ to place the students in the area of their major (I know it's not always possible). My DD is a Fashion Design major and is in Costuming (her first choice), also after being pended for several weeks.

My tip would be to read this whole thread! I know it's long, but there's a lot of good information in it. Then ask any other questions you might have - it's overwhelming and I didn't really even know what to ask! But I'll be glad to answer any questions that I can.

Rodney Lisa Kenton Tiffany Kevin Leighton Jayden Lana
Praise2Him is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 01:06 AM   #649
Cesilie
One half of the Disney Duo :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praise2Him View Post
Congratulations! I know how excited you are

I'm sorry, I don't have any experience with Photopass, but I do think they ~try~ to place the students in the area of their major (I know it's not always possible). My DD is a Fashion Design major and is in Costuming (her first choice), also after being pended for several weeks.

My tip would be to read this whole thread! I know it's long, but there's a lot of good information in it. Then ask any other questions you might have - it's overwhelming and I didn't really even know what to ask! But I'll be glad to answer any questions that I can.
i wish mine was relative to my major, altho disneyland doesn't really have anything biological related there :l I got QFSB which wasn't even a choice of mine....
Cesilie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 01:24 AM   #650
MaryPoppins86
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey4ever111 View Post

My daughter applied the day apps came out on Jan. 20th had phone interview on Jan. 27th. Got a thank you email for interview a couple days later and never heard anything after that! She called about 3 weeks ago and they told her she was pending! than on March 8th we went to a college presentation and spoke to the recruiter who told her she should have got something by email! So, she called this past Thursday 3/11 and they said and I quote "you should be getting something for YOUR Fall advantage program" so needless to say she thought that sound like good news and sure enough in the mail yesterday was her PURPLE FOLDER!! I told her that it was worth the loooooooong wait

I am very surprised that she got photopass because I know it is very competitive!! But she is a film/photography major so I think that has alot to do with it!!

So, are there any parents out there that have kids doing photopass now or past photopass CP parents that can give some tips or answer some questions?

I heard that Photopass needs to wear White sneakers, is this true and do they have to have a certain brand? I would love to get her a pair or two to break in before she goes!!

Congrats to your DD on her acceptance. As far as photopass photographer goes, I don't know much about that role. But here is a link to a current cp, who happens to be a photopass photographer. Hope this helps.
http://marinawdwcp.blogspot.com/
Old 03-27-2010, 11:28 AM   #651
nltroxell
Earning My Ears

Are the discounts on rooms available to us if we go down a few days before my daughter has to check in. If so, how do you get them. Is there a code? Thanks for any info.
Old 03-27-2010, 12:46 PM   #652
ZeroToHero
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nltroxell View Post
Are the discounts on rooms available to us if we go down a few days before my daughter has to check in. If so, how do you get them. Is there a code? Thanks for any info.
No, she needs to have already started working. However, room-only & package discounts are available for you guys if that helps - it won't be as good as a discount, but it's something.
ZeroToHero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 11:25 AM   #653
Pure_Imagination
CP Spring 2010?

Edit: accidently posted in the wrong thread!!

Last edited by Pure_Imagination; 03-28-2010 at 07:14 PM.
Pure_Imagination is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 11:35 AM   #654
mickey4ever111
Earning My Ears

Thank you, mary poppins!! and another question

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryPoppins86 View Post
Congrats to your DD on her acceptance. As far as photopass photographer goes, I don't know much about that role. But here is a link to a current cp, who happens to be a photopass photographer. Hope this helps.
http://marinawdwcp.blogspot.com/
Thank you sooo much for posting this link!! Very helpful!!

Ok, so here are some more questions..........

1. What kind of socks are photopass suppose to wear?

2. Do both Chatham and Patterson bedrooms have their own bathrooms?

I am sure I will have more questions but I am now off to Chipotle for lunch!!!

Laurie
mickey4ever111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 11:41 AM   #655
Joanna71985
Characters are my friendsSuper CP to the rescue!
I was mostly in Fantasyland

Quote:
Thank you sooo much for posting this link!! Very helpful!!

Ok, so here are some more questions..........

1. What kind of socks are photopass suppose to wear?

2. Do both Chatham and Patterson bedrooms have their own bathrooms?

I am sure I will have more questions but I am now off to Chipotle for lunch!!!

Laurie
1. They wear white socks

2. All 3 Patterson sizes and Chatham 1-3 bedrooms have a bathroom for each bedroom (Chatham 4-bedrooms have 2.5 baths).
Aug 1998- POR March 2003- HS band trip (offsite) Aug 2003- POR Jan 12-Aug 5, 2005: CP Jan 1-5, 2006: AS Sports (solo) May 24, 2006- Jan 5, 2007: CP Jan 31-Feb 3, 2007: Solo (offsite) March 1-3, 2007: Dad+me (offsite) May 16-Aug 10, 2007: CP Aug 10-12, 2007: GF May 21-Aug 15, 2008: CP Aug 15-18, 2008: AKL March 25-29, 2009 (offsite) Aug 10, 2009-Jan 2, 2010: CP Jan 3-May 14, 2010: CP May 16, 2010~ FT Dream: Feb 12-16, 2012 Fantasy: Oct 20-27, 2012 (East) Dream: Sept 8-12, 2013 Magic: Jan 20-24, 2014 Dream: 3-6, 2014 (for now)
Joanna71985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 01:22 PM   #656
epfootballcutie04
DiSnEy PrInCeSs

Quote:

Congrats to your daughter!! I had a few really good friends who were photopass and most of them absolutely loved it. I was thinking about applying again for fall photopass, but decided that something else was more of a priority in my life at the moment---anyyway lol...

A word of advice that I heard from my photopass friends, make sure your daughter drinks a lot of water whenever possible. For fall advantage, you will be there over the HOT HOT HOT summer months and the photopass people I knew worked on Main Street at MK and in Animal Kingdom... 2 of probably the hottest areas to work. The MK people said the sun just beats down on you HARD when you are on the black pavement and it's easy to feel totally exhausted after a while.

Other than that they said it was a lot of fun!!

Good luck
Contemporary *1st time to Disney!*- 92...Poly/Wonder Cruise- 01...Sailing on the Magic- 05...Going Home! SSR/OKW- 06...SSR- 07...Pop!- 09...**Disney College Program Spring Advantage!**- 09...All Star Music- 09...SSR/MNSSHP- 10...All Star Movies *Wedding Planning!*- 11...**Married my Prince Charming at WDW!**- Nov 11..Disney Dream- Oct 12...Disney Fantasy MutinEARS- Nov 13...Rockin the Dock Fantasy Sailing- Oct 14

Disney Fantasy Trip Report: November 2nd-9th 2013:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3222476
epfootballcutie04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 08:31 PM   #657
kidcoos3
Should be in animation
I'm seriously geographically challenged
As long as it's fruity, has rum and a cute umbrella, I'm game

Epcot Clinic

Can the CP kids use the Epcot Clinic if they get sick?
2001 Boardwalk
2002 Wilderness Lodge/4 Day Wonder
2003 Grand Californian Hotel
2004 Saratoga Springs
2005 Grand Californian Hotel
2006 Saratoga Springs
2007 Mediterranean Magic
2008 Old Key West
2009 7 Day Magic
2009 Adventures By Disney - South Africa
2010 Saratoga Springs
2010 Animal Kingdom Villas, Boardwalk
2011 Villas at Grand California
2012 Aulani
kidcoos3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 09:58 PM   #658
glendalais
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidcoos3 View Post
Can the CP kids use the Epcot Clinic if they get sick?
No.

Use of the Center for Living Well, located in the Epcot Cast Member Parking Lot, is limited to those Cast Members and Employees of The Walt Disney Company and Affiliated Companies covered by a CIGNA Health Insurance Benefit (mostly Full Time Cast Members).

Former Disneyland Resort Cast Member

The views and opinions expressed on this post are mine and do not necessarily represent or reflect those of The Walt Disney Company and Affiliated Companies, nor of Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc..
glendalais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 12:01 AM   #659
wdwmaw
planin' next trip

A friends daughter has been accepted to the CP Fall program. They have never been to Disney so they are looking to me for help. I don't know where to start planning for a CP parents vacation. They plan on going down for 1 night in Aug. to get their daughter settled in, 4 nights in Oct. during our fall break to experience Food and Wine festival, and then the whole family in Dec to finish out her time spent in the world.

Can anyone help with discounts they would qualify for like room/ tickets for her parents.Also, during their travel how much time can they expect to have with their daughter. I am doing their dining plans and don't even know if she could even join them. Thank you so much for all your help with this. I am so jealous of all you parents, you must be so proud.

24 trips and plannin' the next 1
wdwmaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 12:14 AM   #660
Traveliz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwmaw View Post
A friends daughter has been accepted to the CP Fall program. They have never been to Disney so they are looking to me for help. I don't know where to start planning for a CP parents vacation. They plan on going down for 1 night in Aug. to get their daughter settled in, 4 nights in Oct. during our fall break to experience Food and Wine festival, and then the whole family in Dec to finish out her time spent in the world.

Can anyone help with discounts they would qualify for like room/ tickets for her parents.Also, during their travel how much time can they expect to have with their daughter. I am doing their dining plans and don't even know if she could even join them. Thank you so much for all your help with this. I am so jealous of all you parents, you must be so proud.
For the trip to take her there - they will just need to make a reservation with a discount available to the general public - after that they can have their daughter make room reservations for them using her discount - if she stays with them it will be a bit better of a discount as well. She can do that after she gets settled in.

For dining plans I always make my reservations assuming my daughter can come and if she can't we show up with one less - never a problem. Seriously.

If she wants she can ask for time off when they are there - well for the middle trip anyway; for the end of the program she will most likely not be able to take off. We all went in December though and still spent a fair amount of time with my daughter and she stayed with us so she was there overnights anyway.

Liz
Traveliz is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: