Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The College Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-28-2010, 01:16 PM   #631
Bengel033
Disney Here I Come!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cara6190 View Post
I was accepted for the Fall Advantage program! I just got the e-mail today. I'm going to be a custodian! I actually think that will be good for me, so I'm excited!
Good job, Ill be there for fall advantage too!
Old 03-02-2010, 08:05 PM   #632
beautygirlsmom
Mouseketeer

My daughter interviewed a week ago Friday, and got her invitation today! She is QSFB, and super excited! She is going to be a Fall Advantage start.

She already lives in an Orlando apartment as a student at UCF, so moving her shouldn't be too much trouble. Our biggest problem is going to be storing all of her stuff! Her apartment now is pretty big (3 BR/3 BA), and they have a ton of stuff in the kitchen. We'll be filling up a garage or two, I think :-)

She'd love to hear other experiences, and can be found on FB as Brighid Lora.

Sounds like just more reason for us to visit WDW!
beautygirlsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-02-2010, 09:44 PM   #633
glendalais
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by beautygirlsmom View Post
My daughter interviewed a week ago Friday, and got her invitation today! She is QSFB, and super excited! She is going to be a Fall Advantage start.

She already lives in an Orlando apartment as a student at UCF, so moving her shouldn't be too much trouble. Our biggest problem is going to be storing all of her stuff! Her apartment now is pretty big (3 BR/3 BA), and they have a ton of stuff in the kitchen. We'll be filling up a garage or two, I think :-)

She'd love to hear other experiences, and can be found on FB as Brighid Lora.

Sounds like just more reason for us to visit WDW!
If she already lives in Central Florida and is a UCF student, Program Operations may be amenable to allowing her to refrain from moving into Company Housing and just commute to work on a normal basis. She would continue to be eligible for the other "benefits" of the program (classes, etc.), but wouldn't have up to go through the hassle of moving.

You would just need to contact them and ask.

Former Disneyland Resort Cast Member

The views and opinions expressed on this post are mine and do not necessarily represent or reflect those of The Walt Disney Company and Affiliated Companies, nor of Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc..
glendalais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 10:16 PM   #634
DisneyCDE
Mouseketeer

Facebook group for Spring 2011

To blessedby3

DS is hoping to do Spring Advantage 2011 and has found a Facebook group. Am enclosing the link

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=272325548167

Hope this helps
Old 03-03-2010, 11:30 PM   #635
lilosurf11
Mouseketeer

wrong post haha, sorry!

Last edited by lilosurf11; 03-03-2010 at 11:41 PM.
lilosurf11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 11:35 PM   #636
mebbradley
Patiently waiting for the next trip to Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyCDE View Post
To blessedby3

DS is hoping to do Spring Advantage 2011 and has found a Facebook group. Am enclosing the link

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=272325548167

Hope this helps
Yup, that is the Spring Group! I actually created it after the creator of the original group left so we could have a group we could change! haha
Old 03-04-2010, 04:26 PM   #637
DisneyDame27
Going to my happy place - Disneyworld

Looking for advice.....

Hi all! I am so glad I found you! My son just got his email for the fall. This is a dream come true for him. He starts 8/23 and will be doing something at the park entrances. Anyway we will be heading down for a scouting trip June 6. Don't think we'll be able to find any details out obviously but kinda want to drive around etc. We are DVC members and still have points to use.

Got any advice for us rookies?

PS - anybody on FB?

Last edited by DisneyDame27; 03-04-2010 at 04:53 PM.
DisneyDame27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 04:58 PM   #638
Traveliz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDame27 View Post
Hi all! I am so glad I found you! My son just got his email for the fall. This is a dream come true for him. He starts 8/23 and will be doing something at the park entrances. Anyway we will be heading down for a scouting trip June 6. Don't think we'll be able to find any details out obviously but kinda want to drive around etc. We are DVC members and still have points to use.

Got any advice for us rookies?

PS - anybody on FB?
We were down there in between the time my daughter was accepted and the time she checked in on a trip and we took time to drive over to the different apt complexes. You can't get in but you can see enough from the outside to get an idea of where you might want to live and also see what is availble in the neighborhood.

We also talked to alot of the CMs with colleges on their nametags as we were buying things and standing in line.

Liz
Traveliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 07:29 PM   #639
ZeroToHero
DIS Veteran

He's Main Entrance Operations? I would ask the people working the turnstiles, the parking lot people, etc, what they think of their role. They're probably what he's doing. And yes, always talk to current College Programmers.

And if he wants to get in touch with people he'll be meeting while down there, here is the fall group.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php...3307155&ref=ts
ZeroToHero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 12:58 PM   #640
DisneyDame27

Thank you

ZerotoHero - I will be honest we haven't really talked about what the email said. I'm waiting for him to come home from school. He's at school right now in Boston and will be coming home to Oxford at Easter. I've visited the websit etc., but I am finding more answers here - especially from people like you who have provided this thread with so much information.

I joined the Fall group on FB so look for me.......I think you will be able to find me..........also a DIS unplugged fan etc.

Again please keep the posts coming - I usually don't post much, I am a stalker and find myself reading more than posting.
Old 03-05-2010, 01:23 PM   #641
ZeroToHero
DIS Veteran

hahaha - no worries! What school in Boston, may I ask? I know there are a lot, but I go to school in Boston too, so I might know him.
Old 03-05-2010, 01:46 PM   #642
DisneyDame27

He will be graduating from AI - The New England Institute of Art - graphic design. The school is on RT 9 in Brooklyn just down the street from Fenway. His dorm is up on Comm. Ave.
Old 03-05-2010, 07:28 PM   #643
ZeroToHero
DIS Veteran

Ohh, okay. I know people at New England School of Art & Design, but not Institute of Art.

Not as small of a world as I thought it was.
Old 03-07-2010, 06:08 PM   #644
kt-scarlett
Migraines are stupid, throw rocks at them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glendalais View Post
He's actually referring to the Cast Member discount on Disney Vacation Club memberships, which as a courtesy is extended to the parents of Disney Internship Programs Participants.
Wow, I didn't know this! I've been thinking about adding a VERY small contract onto our membership but now I'll wait till DD starts the CP. Tell me, is this discount available to just the Internship Participants or to all in the College Program? <fingers crossed>

HOTEL ROYAL PLAZA '86 CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT '92 DIXIE LANDINGS '97 WILDERNESS LODGE '97 OLD KEY WEST ‘98 SWOLPHIN '98,'00, ’01, ’03, ’04, ‘05 VILLAS AT WILDERNESS LODGE '01, ‘08, '11, '14 BEACH CLUB '02, '10 BOARDWALK INN ‘02 BEACH CLUB VILLAS '03 BOARDWALK VILLAS '99, ’00, ’02, ’03, ’04, ’05, ’06, ’07, '08, ‘10, '11, '12, '13, '14 POP '10, '12, POFQ '11 POR '11, '12 DCL WONDER TO ALASKA '13 VILLAS AT GRAND CALIFORNIAN '13 ANIMAL KINGDOM VILLAS '14
kt-scarlett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 06:45 PM   #645
ZeroToHero
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kt-scarlett View Post
Wow, I didn't know this! I've been thinking about adding a VERY small contract onto our membership but now I'll wait till DD starts the CP. Tell me, is this discount available to just the Internship Participants or to all in the College Program? <fingers crossed>
Those are one and the same. The Internship Participants also could include Career Start and the International Programmers.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: