Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The College Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 01-12-2010, 05:44 PM   #571
rubbergypsy
DIS Veteran
 
rubbergypsy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: kingdom of dreams
Posts: 544

my son is also checking in on the 27th, we arrive on the 26th and are staying at okw. we are leaving on the 28th. my son is taking the auto train with his father so he can have his vehicle. i am flying and leaving my nine year old daughter with relatives. we will be back for the entire pres week in feb and hopefully will spend some time with my son then. I was hoping for more than just a table with a pamphlet, oh well, we will take him shopping etc for whatever he needs although with a vehicle he is bringing quite a bit. he is going to be in the resorts in bell services. resort unknown at this point.
rubbergypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 06:45 PM   #572
Traveliz
DIS Veteran
 
Traveliz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Posts: 8,137

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubbergypsy View Post
my son is also checking in on the 27th, we arrive on the 26th and are staying at okw. we are leaving on the 28th. my son is taking the auto train with his father so he can have his vehicle. i am flying and leaving my nine year old daughter with relatives. we will be back for the entire pres week in feb and hopefully will spend some time with my son then. I was hoping for more than just a table with a pamphlet, oh well, we will take him shopping etc for whatever he needs although with a vehicle he is bringing quite a bit. he is going to be in the resorts in bell services. resort unknown at this point.
When I took my daughter (it was a couple of years ago) they gave tours leaving from the parent's tent. I went on that and found it very informative.

Liz
Traveliz is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 01-13-2010, 12:30 AM   #573
kikiq
DIS Veteran
 
kikiq's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,713

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubbergypsy View Post
my son is also checking in on the 27th, we arrive on the 26th and are staying at okw. we are leaving on the 28th. my son is taking the auto train with his father so he can have his vehicle. i am flying and leaving my nine year old daughter with relatives. we will be back for the entire pres week in feb and hopefully will spend some time with my son then. I was hoping for more than just a table with a pamphlet, oh well, we will take him shopping etc for whatever he needs although with a vehicle he is bringing quite a bit. he is going to be in the resorts in bell services. resort unknown at this point.
Have your son ask for some of the time off NOW before he arrives. My DD just returned after 7 months. She asked for time off when we spent the week there in August AND the weekend of her sister's due date which ended up being a week after the baby was born., a surprise for all of us. Her schedule was either rearranged or she got the days off, but ask NOW!!! Also, put his name on your Feb reservations in case he wants to go with you to EMHs. CMs cannot participate in EMH unless they are resort guests.
__________________
Are you feelin' it?
DLR and WDW AP family

kikiq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 06:49 AM   #574
rubbergypsy
DIS Veteran
 
rubbergypsy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: kingdom of dreams
Posts: 544

Quote:
Originally Posted by kikiq View Post
Have your son ask for some of the time off NOW before he arrives. My DD just returned after 7 months. She asked for time off when we spent the week there in August AND the weekend of her sister's due date which ended up being a week after the baby was born., a surprise for all of us. Her schedule was either rearranged or she got the days off, but ask NOW!!! Also, put his name on your Feb reservations in case he wants to go with you to EMHs. CMs cannot participate in EMH unless they are resort guests.
he has an annual pass, wouldn't he be able to use that for the emh? if i put him on the ressie i would have to get him the dining plan as we are dvc members and anyone listed on the ressie has to take the plan.
rubbergypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 08:29 AM   #575
Traveliz
DIS Veteran
 
Traveliz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Posts: 8,137

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubbergypsy View Post
he has an annual pass, wouldn't he be able to use that for the emh? if i put him on the ressie i would have to get him the dining plan as we are dvc members and anyone listed on the ressie has to take the plan.
Annual passes won't help with EMH - you have to be a resort guest and have the key card.

Liz
Traveliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 09:51 AM   #576
kmg148
DIS Veteran
 
kmg148's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 978

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubbergypsy View Post
he has an annual pass, wouldn't he be able to use that for the emh? if i put him on the ressie i would have to get him the dining plan as we are dvc members and anyone listed on the ressie has to take the plan.
As long as he has a room key with his name on it for any Disney hotel (DVC or not) he can use his ID to be in the parks at that time. I did it many times as did people I know. He can also have the dining plan, no problem.
kmg148 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 12:44 PM   #577
kikiq
DIS Veteran
 
kikiq's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,713

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubbergypsy View Post
he has an annual pass, wouldn't he be able to use that for the emh? if i put him on the ressie i would have to get him the dining plan as we are dvc members and anyone listed on the ressie has to take the plan.
No on the AP, you need a resort key. Yes, if you have the dining plan, he would have to be on in too. We did EMH late one night at DHS, they weren't handing out wristbands but they were checking room keys for the attractions.

You have to love your DVC during this time. We managed 3 short trips and one week stay while my DD was in the CP. Also was able to get very inexpensive airfares from the west coast.
__________________
Are you feelin' it?
DLR and WDW AP family

kikiq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 03:08 PM   #578
rubbergypsy
DIS Veteran
 
rubbergypsy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: kingdom of dreams
Posts: 544

we will be there for six nights in feb, it would be silly to get the dining plan for him seeing we have no idea when we can see him or not. I cannot pay $240 for a ghost dining plan. Makes no sense. Cannot add him on ressie if he is not on plan. Perhaps I can get two keys for my daughter and he can use one. I can just say she lost hers and they can reprint, no flames please
rubbergypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 04:45 PM   #579
Traveliz
DIS Veteran
 
Traveliz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Posts: 8,137

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubbergypsy View Post
we will be there for six nights in feb, it would be silly to get the dining plan for him seeing we have no idea when we can see him or not. I cannot pay $240 for a ghost dining plan. Makes no sense. Cannot add him on ressie if he is not on plan. Perhaps I can get two keys for my daughter and he can use one. I can just say she lost hers and they can reprint, no flames please
You can put him on the dining plan but then plan some two credit meals to use up whatever credits he would not use. We did that last year when we were better off using a package than my daughters hotel discount.

Another option is when you are there after you have checked in on whatever day it is you want him to go to the EMHs with you go to the front desk and tell them your son who lives in town in going to meet you (stay with you?) and you would like a card for him. We did that on two different occasions with a niece in the area no problem.

I would probably avoid having him use someone else's card because he could get in trouble if found in the park during these hours without proper ID.

My daughter has a roommate who was fired for something similar (being at the Holiday parties without tickets).

I really don't think you will have any problem adding him after you get there for just the room portion of the visit. I know DVC does things a little differently but I still think that will doable.

And then your final option would be to just avoid EMH mornings and nights when he is with you.

Liz
Traveliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 05:32 PM   #580
glendalais
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Orlando, Fla.
Posts: 2,224

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubbergypsy View Post
Perhaps I can get two keys for my daughter and he can use one. I can just say she lost hers and they can reprint
The thing about that is that if someone discovers that and then discovers that he is also an active Cast Member.....

It isn't unheard of for a Cast Member to be instantly terminated on the spot for something like that, particularly during CP Arrival Seasons, when everyone sorta knows that something like that is going to happen and is on alert for it.

It probably would be best if you just avoid the Extra Magic Hours offering this time around. There will probably be many more chances to take advantage of it, particulary once he discovers the 50% Discount on Resort Rooms .
__________________
Walt Disney World Resort Cast Member
"I make the magic happen - since '71."

Former Disneyland Resort Cast Member

The views and opinions expressed on this post are mine and do not necessarily represent or reflect those of The Walt Disney Company and Affiliated Companies, nor of Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc..
glendalais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 07:48 PM   #581
swissfamilyrobinson
Mouseketeer
 
swissfamilyrobinson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 303

Quote:
Originally Posted by glendalais View Post
The thing about that is that if someone discovers that and then discovers that he is also an active Cast Member.....

It isn't unheard of for a Cast Member to be instantly terminated on the spot for something like that, particularly during CP Arrival Seasons, when everyone sorta knows that something like that is going to happen and is on alert for it.

It probably would be best if you just avoid the Extra Magic Hours offering this time around. There will probably be many more chances to take advantage of it, particulary once he discovers the 50% Discount on Resort Rooms .
When are the 50% discounts on resort rooms available for incoming CP participants? We are trying to decide where to stay when we bring DD down - at the Holiday Inn Sunspree, or at a resort.
swissfamilyrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 09:08 PM   #582
kmg148
DIS Veteran
 
kmg148's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 978

Quote:
Originally Posted by swissfamilyrobinson View Post
When are the 50% discounts on resort rooms available for incoming CP participants? We are trying to decide where to stay when we bring DD down - at the Holiday Inn Sunspree, or at a resort.
Not until they have Hub access. If they knew someone else participating on a CP currently with Hub access, they could book a 40% off Friends/Family room now.
kmg148 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 09:14 PM   #583
rubbergypsy
DIS Veteran
 
rubbergypsy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: kingdom of dreams
Posts: 544

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveliz View Post
You can put him on the dining plan but then plan some two credit meals to use up whatever credits he would not use. We did that last year when we were better off using a package than my daughters hotel discount.
\Another option is when you are there after you have checked in on whatever day it is you want him to go to the EMHs with you go to the front desk and tell them your son who lives in town in going to meet you (stay with you?) and you would like a card for him. We did that on two different occasions with a niece in the area no problem.

I would probably avoid having him use someone else's card because he could get in trouble if found in the park during these hours without proper ID.

My daughter has a roommate who was fired for something similar (being at the Holiday parties without tickets).

I really don't think you will have any problem adding him after you get there for just the room portion of the visit. I know DVC does things a little differently but I still think that will doable.

And then your final option would be to just avoid EMH mornings and nights when he is with you.

Liz
do not want to get him into trouble so we will prob avoid emh alltogether
rubbergypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 12:21 AM   #584
kmg148
DIS Veteran
 
kmg148's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 978

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubbergypsy View Post
do not want to get him into trouble so we will prob avoid emh alltogether
Probably the better option, but it doesn't hurt to ask at check-in for him to be added. Since the dining plan is already paid for (assuming), it may work. Doesn't hurt to ask if it is the only option.
kmg148 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 10:34 AM   #585
TravisSch
DIS Veteran
 
TravisSch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 589

Please NOTE: This is my mom asking this question.

What have you guys heard about the housing in terms of safety, alcohol use, drugs, and sexuality? She has heard some negatives about the housing complexes.
TravisSch is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:49 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: