Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The College Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-25-2014, 09:38 PM   #1
Cadenza
Earning My Ears

Switching from SA to Spring?

This is a sort of hypothetical situation atm because I don't know how a lot of things are going to work out, but I'm wondering if anyone can help me...

So I'm graduating college this december, and have recently interviewed for a job that would be starting in July of 2015. I didn't know this when I applied to the dcp and put (and got accepted into) SA, and all the end dates for SA seem to be in August. Now this is hypothetical-ish because I don't know if I got the job (but I have a good feeling so keep your fingers crossed for me!)

So does anyone know if I would be able to switch from SA to spring? Or if there are SA dates that end in June? I haven't accepted/picked my dates yet as I'm waiting to hear back from aforementioned firm. Do you think if I explained my situation they would let me switch? I would feel awful going down knowing I would have to self term in July helpppp

Cadenza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 03:40 PM   #2
misssullyinc
Earning My Ears

I would call them once you get in and explain your situation. Let them know you want to do the program but can only stay until x date, is that okay? If they say know, then just give them 2 weeks notice. Since you have another job lined up, I don't think you'll have to worry about restricted rehire or any of that.

First Disney trip: Dec. 2002 [Age 6] Stayed at All Star Movie Resort. Spent Christmas in Magic Kingdom!

Second Diseny Trip: Feb. 2011 [Age 16] Stayed at Coronado Springs Resort.

Disney College Program: 01/19/15 [Age 19] I'M SO EXCITED!
misssullyinc is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-28-2014, 11:40 AM   #3
LittleMissGiggles89
Former Cast Member & Disney Fanatic

Typically the end dates stay the same for spring/SA. The only thing the differs would be the arrival dates. So if you changed to spring you would be able to arrive later but not end your program earlier
Old 11-19-2014, 11:08 PM   #4
ladypage
And that's how the story about me sleeping with the entire Polish national basketball team started

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMissGiggles89 View Post
Typically the end dates stay the same for spring/SA. The only thing the differs would be the arrival dates. So if you changed to spring you would be able to arrive later but not end your program earlier
That's true for Fall, but not Spring. In Spring they tend to start around the same time and either end in May or August.

Former Epcot CM

PROUD MEMBER OF
GIRAFFE WATCH 2012

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3009176
ladypage is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: