Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-22-2008, 01:53 PM   #31
Bloondaddy
Earning My Ears

these are so funny!
2005 Magic
2006 Magic
2007 Strayed to NCL
2008 Wonder

[img]http://www.********************/timers/tickers/k3h8b5h8w8tri7hs.png[/img]
Bloondaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 01:55 PM   #32
Bloondaddy
Earning My Ears

bump, keep em coming
2005 Magic
2006 Magic
2007 Strayed to NCL
2008 Wonder

[img]http://www.********************/timers/tickers/k3h8b5h8w8tri7hs.png[/img]
Bloondaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-22-2008, 02:02 PM   #33
patsal
I've discovered I don't need to be a control freak...and like it!

I have one from my Wonder cruise 4/13. Let me perface this with the detail that my DD 12 is honors everything, this detail will be important to why it is so funny!
So, we're out on our veradah and pulling in towards Nassau on the 14th, she looks at us and says, "this smells just like pirates of the carribean." Ok, so I'm thinking she made the correlation that they really try to make things seem real at WDW. NOPE--she thought they were piping the smell in somehow to make it feel more like the ride!
Old 04-22-2008, 02:29 PM   #34
Mozart
There's one in every crowd...and it's usually me

Best moment on DCL? Alot of people already know this one, but...

So there is a DIS'er who decided to get married on the Wonder. But, he decides to do it as a surprise for his family. He and his "fiance" talk all of their family into going on a 4 night cruise together. The night before Castaway Cay, wedding announcements are delivered to his family's staterooms informing them that a wedding is taking place the next morning at CC.

So, the next night, by a set of circumstances that you have to have read the two trip reports regarding that cruise to fully understand, (and no, it wasn't totally a coincidence) I get the table in Palo's directly outside of their private room. The wedding party all filters into the private room, and proceeds to begin their meal.

After a little while, the groom (the one who's a DIS'er) stands up and announces in a voice loud enough for the entire restaurant to hear:

"What you're looking at are the pictures from when we were actually married 10 months ago."
Magic 7 Night Eastern - 11/08 - Life Stinks Season 3
Wonder 3 Night - 04/10 - Life Stinks Season 4
10th Anniversary at Victoria and Albert's

Mozart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 03:20 PM   #35
bsusanmb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloondaddy View Post
My daughter saw me sitting on the edge of the pool and came up from behind me and pushed push dear ol' dad in the water. Then a few seconds later when dad came up spitting water all over, she realized IT WASN'T ME ! It was another guy that looked like me from behind.
I saw the whole thing from my chair. At first I couldn't imagine why she would push some strange guy in the water because she's a nice kid. After the guy looked at her and my daughter turned 3 shades of purple (way past red) I realized what had happened.
Good thing the guy had a sense of humor too.
That is hilarious!

bsusanmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 03:49 PM   #36
owensjro
DIS Veteran

On our first cruise, a 4 night Wonder in April 2007, I was wandering deck 4 and ran across Peter Pan. No one was around so Peter and I had a very long chat. Somehow we got onto the subject of Alice in Wonderland and I mentioned that I didn't really like the movie much because it was kind of weird.

The next day I was taking my daughter through the signature lineup (all of the characters sit at a long table and do signatures) to get her birthday t-shirt signed. We had passed Alice and were a couple of characters down when we got to Peter. He immediately calls over to Alice and tells her that I don't like her because she's weird.

I started to stammer an explanation and apology to an indignant Alice while all of these parents and kids are looking on watching me. I'm sure I blushed several shades of red. It must have been quite a sight, this 35 year old man blushing and stammering an apology to Alice.

I just hope Peter and Alice don't remember me when we return on June 1!!

Jim
owensjro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 06:54 PM   #37
lds0191
DIS Veteran

Snorkling Adventure

I asked my DNeice(13) and DNephew(10) if they would like DH to take them snorkling on CC. Yes, they replied excitedly. So off they go; DH, DNeice, Dnephew and DD6. Swimming along, all of a sudden nephew starts screaming and jumps on DH's back. What the heck is wrong with you DH asks. I saw a fish nephew replies! What the heck did you think we were out here for, DH asks. By that time DD is freaking out thinking nephew has been attacked by something huge. Then DH notices neice scratching frantically her arms, face, etc. What the heck is wrong with YOU?? he asks. I'm alergic to saltwater she replies. Out! all of you, DH shouts. No more snorkling for that group, ever.

Linda
lds0191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 05:40 PM   #38
kaykels
I'm traveling with DOPEY & GRUMPY!

We were docked at CC and I put sunblock on my kids before we left the ship. By the time we got off of the tram car to the beach my DD was screaming because the sunblock was burning her face and eyes. She was allergic to this brand. I had to take her to the medical pavillion where they flushed out her eyes and gave her some Benedryl.

About 30 minutes later she decided to go snorkeling with DH. She was SO EXCITED to do this, it was all she talked about.
We were set up far down the beach, so the Mickey statue was a good distance. She's a very strong swimmer, but they got half way out and the Benedryl kicked in. I looked in the distance down the beach and saw my DH swimming with a 9 year old on his back. He said it was the longest swim of his life, swimming with a 65 pound kid on his back! They BOTH crashed out in a chair for about hour after that.
But he has fond memories of catching a 9 year old mermaid when he was snorkeling at CC.
5-07-05 Magic Western
11-11-06 Magic Double Castaway

11-26-07 NCL Pearl & Universal !
5-22-08 Wonder deck 1
5-24-09 4 night Wonder
11-27-10 Carnival Dream
12-18-10 RCCL Oasis
5-01-11 RCCL Allure
DH DF DD DD DS
kaykels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 05:42 PM   #39
kaykels

I video taped my kids in the Mickey pool. I didn't catch this until I watched the video back at home, but in the background, there was a big Pooh sized guy getting out of the pool with more than a little plumber crack showing !!
5-07-05 Magic Western

5-22-08 Wonder deck 1
5-24-09 4 night Wonder
11-27-10 Carnival Dream
12-18-10 RCCL Oasis
5-01-11 RCCL Allure
DH DF DD DD DS
Old 04-23-2008, 06:34 PM   #40
TiggerzFan
Cruising is what Tiggers do BEST!

Location: Central Florida - just a short ride to the Port and the Parks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaykels View Post
I video taped my kids in the Mickey pool. I didn't catch this until I watched the video back at home, but in the background, there was a big Pooh sized guy getting out of the pool with more than a little plumber crack showing !!
Oh My. That's just not MAGICAL!
MAGIC: 5-7-05, 11-11-06, 11-07-09
DREAM: 8-21-14 Family Wedding Cruise!
TiggerzFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 10:12 PM   #41
kaykels

I'll bring the video with us to your house in, uhm, only 29 more days. Yipeee.
It's a RIOT. We re-wound it a hundred times laughing every time.
5-07-05 Magic Western

5-22-08 Wonder deck 1
5-24-09 4 night Wonder
11-27-10 Carnival Dream
12-18-10 RCCL Oasis
5-01-11 RCCL Allure
DH DF DD DD DS
Old 04-23-2008, 10:21 PM   #42
DVC Mary
I must have missed the lobster

DS son 9 at the time & I were snorkeling at CC. We were almost at the far edge of the snorkeling lagoon, when my son starts whacking me & tugging at me. I pop my head out of the water & say "What?"

He asks w/ alarm: "Mom why are you chasing after that big long silver fish w/ all the teeth?!"

So of course I stick my head back down & find myself face to face w/ the famous "Barry the barracuda"

I start swimming like heck in the other direction.

I can see fairly well w/o my glasses, but apparently while I was swimming after a school of fish that I saw, so was "Barry." I didn't know about "Barry" or that he was harmless until I talked to one of the lifeguards & wrote about him on these boards.

Don't ask me why I could see a whole bunch of little but missed a big long silver one w/ "all the teeth."
WL'99, OKW '00, BWV/AKL '01, AKL '02, BCV '03, VWL '04 & DCL '04, SSR/AKL CL '05, VWL & DCL '06, BWV '07, Queen Nana's 1st trip 80th B-Day GF CL/BWV '08, BWV/ VWL '08 , BCV DCL AKLV '09, BCV '09, Poly CL / AKV 2010, Alaska DCL 2011, AKV CL, BCV, Canada Magic & Fantasy DCL '12,VWL'13,BWV/AKL CL X-mas'13,Univ/VWL Summer '14, DCL AK ?? '15
DVC Mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 11:09 PM   #43
PizzieDuster
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaykels View Post
Doesn't he know "Crack is whack"?

The first Match your Mate show was the funniest thing I have ever seen on all my cruises. But...it was the side show that was so entertaining we still talk about it.

There was a couple who was in front trying to do everything they could to get picked. They were dirty dancing, being very liberal and outrageous and the emcee called them up with two other couples. The audience had to pick by applause which one to make it. I'm sure this was the "middle couple" no the newlyweds, etc. So they just start going at it but unfortunately were not picked.

The woman gets so upset - along with her party. She takes off to the bar and her DH had to go talk to her along with other members in her party. Now I'm all but so involved with this side show, I hardly can watch the real Match Your Mate! So they leave her alone. Now they were there so early (it was obviously very important for her to be picked) they were sitting in the front. We are sitting behind her group. She comes back to her seat, during the show, turns it around so her back faces the contestents, crosses her arms and puts on the best show! She's basically looking at DH and I just ignoring the entire show going on 4 feet from her back! She's so pissed off! Rolling her eyes, giving the finger, making her self throw up. I was lmao! I couldn't watch the game ---- She was a much better show! Guess which couple won...... you got it. She stormed out and the best thing is - her whole party stayed and had a great time and we all started dancing after the show. Her DH was dancing alone.

She was a great show! She must have really wanted to be a contestent really bad ya think?
Royal Carribean - Explorer of the Seas 4/16/06
Royal Carribean - Freedom of the Seas 4/8/07
Returning to the Magic - 6/29/08 - West Coast
Liberty of the Seas - 4/09
Disney Wonder Mother/DD12 Cruise to Nowhere 1/21/11
Disney Wonder Mexican Riviera 1/29/12 Mother/DD13 Cruise (taking Grandma and Nephew DN5 along)
Disney Wonder - 1/24/14 5 Night Wonder {gift}
Disney Fantasy - 3/29/14 Western
PizzieDuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 08:35 AM   #44
AQW
Blessed beyond measure!

I think this is my favorite DIS thread ever - I've got tears streaming down my face from laughing so hard! Kudos to the OP, thanks to everyone for sharing, and keep those stories coming!!!
Old 04-24-2008, 08:55 AM   #45
alwayslisad
DIS Veteran

I will join in

In 2006 my siblings and I decided to do a Family Cruise. Dsis and her family / Dbro and his wife and my family - total group was 11 ppl.

Dbro has a slight drinking issue and most days he could be found stumbling around the deck looking for his beer. Dsis-in-law basically ignores him. It is a tad sad but that is their life and they accept it - so be it.

Anyway - during this cruise we experienced rough sea's. I did not mind since it was NOT overly bad - but one morning all of us Adults were sitting in the cove. DH was in the hot tub - Dsis was reading - Dsis-in-law was sitting on the other side of the pool sunning herself and I was sitting in the pool area - you know where you can wet your bottom but not the WHOLE body! It is about 10:00am and most of us are drinking coffee or juice. Many people are sitting on the ledge as well. Dbro see's me sitting and yells "LISA......LISA...Don't MOVE...I am on my way over to see you" he proceeds to climb INTO the pool area and start WALKING toward me - across the DANG POOL - so I yell "STOP - you are going to walk straight into the Pool" so he stops and walks around to where I am sitting. Many people sitting there are trying to stifle a laugh. He finally staggers over to me and flops down ( like a rag doll ) but does NOT spill a drop of the beer he is carrying !) and announces in a very VERY loud VOICE....

Him: I finally figured out what is wrong
Me: With what
Him: The boat
Me: there is a problem with the boat?
Him: Yes --- watch (and he points to the water in the pool)
Me: what am I supposed to be watching (by now everyone is watching)
Him: Here it comes - LOOOOOOOK and he points to the pool
Me: Is it an animal? or what?
Him: PAY ATTENTION !!! here it comes again
Me: hmmmm ok
Him: HERE IT COMES AGAIN - GET READY - SEE SEE SEE
Me: I DON'T SEE ANYTHING ( and neither does the 10 other people looking)
Him: ok just watch I will point it out to you
Me: OK
Him: HERE it comes - see - the boat is broken
ME: I NEED A DRINK
Him: Want a beer?
ME: NOOOOOOOOOOOo
Him: Ok since you are not seeing what I am seeing let me tell you what is wrong ---- the boat is broken---- before they put us in the water they should have LEVELED the Boat....
me: HUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH? ? ? ?
Him: Well after we all got on the boat - they should have made sure the boat was level and then we should have departed...
Me: I am totally lost with what you are saying - and so is your audience
( pointing to all the other people listening )
Him: Watch closely you will see that the boat is tipping side to side....
Me: ( finally catching on to what he is talking about ) YOU TOTAL IDIOT - the boat is rocking cus we are on the water and those are called WAVES that make the boat move !!!!!! ( I got up and shook my head and walked away ) the roar of hysterical people at the Adult cove was deafening!!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: