Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-20-2008, 10:11 PM   #16
dredick
DIS Veteran

I'm loving this!!

Debbie 40 DH 41 DS 17 DS 14
1. OffSite 6/94 2. Offsite 6/96 3. ASM 9/99
4. ASMo 9/01 5. CBR 7/02 6. POR 10/03 7. FWR 6/04
8. POP 10/04 9. PORQ 12/04 10. 3 TRIPS Offsite '05 11. ASsp 6/06
12. ASMu Suite 5/07 13. ASMu 7/07 14. WONDER 9/08 15. POP 9/08 16. SSR 6/09
17. WONDER 6/10 18. CBR 1/12 19.POFQ 3/14
20. (booked) ASMu Suite 6/15
dredick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 10:51 PM   #17
mmouse37
Mickey for Me!
Likes surprises

I've posted this before but since this is a new thread on the subject I will post it again..

Our DS who was 17 or 18 at the time had met some nice girls his same age during our 7 day cruise they hung out all week together. These girls happened to be on the same dining rotation as us so on the last night, at dinner, my son (always the charmer) decided to send a tray of drinks over to the girls as a last hurrah.....well since none of them were of age he was actually sending shirley temples over. He pointed out the table they were seated at and instructed our assistant server to please bring the tray of shirley temples over to the girls and to pass on that he really enjoyed spending time with them that week was glad he got to know them better, etc. to and to please keep in touch. Our server was so excited to be on this mission for our son. We see our server with the tray of drinks heading over to the table when all of a sudden he veers off in the wrong direction and winds up at the wrong table. Seated at this table was a father with three very young girls (about 9 or 10)....when our server passes on the note from our son along with the drinks we see the father stand up and demand to know to sent his girls these drinks.....mind you our son always looked much older than he was.

By this time we are dying laughing as we realize the father must have thought our son was some kind of deviant.....our server points out our son to the dad and if looks could kill......

Our son immediately went over to the dad and explained that the server took the tray to the wrong table and pointed at where they should have gone and they all had a good belly laugh....including the intended girls....

We were all laughing so hard, especially because our server thought he was going to the right table all along.....
Disney Dream - 5 times - Official Maiden Voyage January 26, 2011
Disney Fantasy - 2 times

Last edited by mmouse37; 04-20-2008 at 11:43 PM.
mmouse37 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-21-2008, 07:50 AM   #18
Joel110
Privateer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsusanmb View Post
That was great...you should send that to America's funniest videos!
Thanks. I did have an obscure reality show on the CW, I think it was called something like "Live Nation", contact me last fall about paying me $400 to broadcast it on their show. I guess the show was geared towards showing some of the internet's most entertaining videos. The day after they e-mailed me the legal forms to sign, the show was cancelled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaykels View Post
Joel, YOU WIN! My daughter and I read your post and we had to watch the 2nd You Tube 3 times. We were laughing so hard we were tearing up just thinking about your brother looking like those fools that were blowing down the beach. That's a RIOT !!!
Love this thread.
It was our favorite day. It's just too funny that he thought he was safer just standing back on the beach when he didn't have anything to brace himself with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmouse37 View Post
Our son immediately went over to the dad and explained that the server took the tray to the wrong table and pointed at where they should have gone and they all had a good belly laugh....including the intended girls....

We were all laughing so hard, especially because our server thought he was going to the right table all along.....
Quite the impression on the young ladies.

Joel110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 11:09 AM   #19
Bloondaddy
Earning My Ears

My daughter saw me sitting on the edge of the pool and came up from behind me and pushed push dear ol' dad in the water. Then a few seconds later when dad came up spitting water all over, she realized IT WASN'T ME ! It was another guy that looked like me from behind.
I saw the whole thing from my chair. At first I couldn't imagine why she would push some strange guy in the water because she's a nice kid. After the guy looked at her and my daughter turned 3 shades of purple (way past red) I realized what had happened.
Good thing the guy had a sense of humor too.
2005 Magic
2006 Magic
2007 Strayed to NCL
2008 Wonder

[img]http://www.********************/timers/tickers/k3h8b5h8w8tri7hs.png[/img]
Bloondaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 11:16 AM   #20
pooh_mania
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloondaddy View Post
My daughter saw me sitting on the edge of the pool and came up from behind me and pushed push dear ol' dad in the water. Then a few seconds later when dad came up spitting water all over, she realized IT WASN'T ME ! It was another guy that looked like me from behind.
I saw the whole thing from my chair. At first I couldn't imagine why she would push some strange guy in the water because she's a nice kid. After the guy looked at her and my daughter turned 3 shades of purple (way past red) I realized what had happened.

THAT is funny. Glad that the "other" dad had a sense of humor! How embarrassing for your DD!

DCL Magic Western April 2-9, 2011!

DW off-site 2003, DW off-site 2006,DCL Magic Western 4/5-12/08

Link to Western Navigators: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1801372

Link to Western Magic Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1790987
pooh_mania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 11:52 AM   #21
dredick
DIS Veteran

my DS would have died!! LOL!!

Debbie 40 DH 41 DS 17 DS 14
1. OffSite 6/94 2. Offsite 6/96 3. ASM 9/99
4. ASMo 9/01 5. CBR 7/02 6. POR 10/03 7. FWR 6/04
8. POP 10/04 9. PORQ 12/04 10. 3 TRIPS Offsite '05 11. ASsp 6/06
12. ASMu Suite 5/07 13. ASMu 7/07 14. WONDER 9/08 15. POP 9/08 16. SSR 6/09
17. WONDER 6/10 18. CBR 1/12 19.POFQ 3/14
20. (booked) ASMu Suite 6/15
dredick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 12:46 PM   #22
MousseauMob
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anal Annie View Post
My story is actually pre-cruise for the West Coast Cruises in 2005 and is at DS's expense. We were spending 3 n at DL first and when we got to Paradise Pier our room wasn't ready but we had stuff we needed to get into in our luggage before heading to the parks. So we grabbed some lunch & then walked around the property for awhile killing time. We went out to look at the rooftop pool and came in & I called the front desk from the house phones by the elevators. In the meantime, while I was on the phone, DS (8 at the time) went ahead & got into the glass front elevator that faced the lobby and proceeded to get stuck! Alone! We'd been in CA like all of 2 hours and here he was in this elevator for the whole world below to watch. Alone...you could see the crowd gathering & other Mom's asking "where are his parents"?! Duh. Watching. OMG. I called the front desk again...security came...engineering came...the manager came...the fire dept. - nobody could get the doors to open and it would'nt move! He's in a total panic - jumping up & down...crying....screaming! And everybody watching. It was a real show! They finally had to call the Otis elevator people to come out & they went onto the roof of it & got it to go up a floor & then got the doors open. It's funny NOW...but boy did we think what an omen we were going to have for the whole trip! The whole week on the ship he just wanted to take the stairs everywhere!
I totally feel for your poor son, this same elevator has held me hostage in the past as well, and one other time, it was going down, I got in and pushed to go down a couple of floors and it sent me to the roof? Personally, I think it's possessed and should have been used in TOT ride!

Okay, here's my real one: On our 2005 cruise my ex (now) had.. uhm... well... wasn't feeling well and had one of those reportable incidents. So he gets on the phone and proceeds to elaborate on the gory details, when all of sudden I hear him say. "Uhm, this isn't the Medical Dept? - Oh, well I'm sorry, I must have the wrong number" DS and I laughed forever about him going on and on to some poor stranger!

05/2014 DCL 9 Day Alaska, 04/13 Galveston to WDW, 09/12 HAL Alaska, 04/12 DCL Inaugural Hawaiian Cruise, 09/2011 DL GC and Universal, 05/2011 HAL Alaska, 09/2010 HAL Alaska, 05/2008 DCL Magic Mexican Riviera, 09/2007 DL GC, 04/2007 Celebrity Hawaii, 10/2005 DL GC (Trick or Treat), 06/2005 DCL Magic Mexican Riviera Cruise, 02/2004 DL GC, 01/2003 DL GC, 12/1999 DL PP, 10/1997 DL PP, 05/1995 WDW Dolphin and that big red boat
MousseauMob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 02:40 PM   #23
orlandothebeagle
Gotta love the beagles.

Quote:
That was a touch of class!!!!!!!!

4 day Wonder,7 night west Magic,Magical west bound TA,Wonderful panama canal.
orlandothebeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 03:10 PM   #24
mhelsley
DIS Veteran

Talking

OK i'll try and keep this PG-13. It happen on our first cruise on the Magic.
DH laughed at me for going to close the shade while getting ready for dinner and to quote him we're at sea who's going to see in. I had to agree he had a point so the shade stayed open. Well that was until we reached port. We woke up thank god undercovers(DH didn't kick them off like usual)and there were a couple of kids and then the rest of the family waving at us from there porthole on the ship next to us. Let just say that after they stopped waving DH had to do the sheet wrapped belly crawl to close our window shades. Word of warning close shade the night before a port call.

That same cruise i took a pair of shoes that i didn't intend to bring home. So at the end i threw them away and they were well in the garbage can not just sittting on top. Well fast forward a few days home and i get a fedex box. WOW what could they have sent me. Yes you guessed it my old shoes.
Old 04-21-2008, 03:14 PM   #25
misslissa
DIS Veteran

This thread is killing me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
May 2007 - Pop Century Resort/Saratoga Springs Resort
May 2008 - First Disney Cruise to the Western Caribbean
February 2009 - Polynesian Resort
January 2013 - Port Orleans/Disney Dream (with baby)
June 2013 - Marriott Grande Vista in Orlando (with baby)
August 2013 - Joined DVC
February 2014 - First stay at home - Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge
misslissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 04:29 PM   #26
PrincessMom2002
DIS Veteran

Quote:
OMG that is hilarious! I'm still laughing about it!

Last edited by PrincessMom2002; 04-21-2008 at 07:48 PM.
PrincessMom2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 05:31 PM   #27
lvstitch
Yankees Rule

Too funny...more please

1986-1993 Four trips - off property, 1994 - Grand Floridian (Married in Disney World), 1995 - Polynesian, 2000 - Caribbean Beach Resort, 2004 - Wilderness Lodge (Concierge), 2005 - Pop Century/Disney Wonder/Grand Floridian(Concierge), 2007 - 1st Nanahead Cruise - Disney Magic 2008 - Disney Magic - Mex Riv , 2008 - Disney Magic - Western, 2009 - Port Oleans Riverside, 2011 - First ever 2-night cruise on the Wonder 2011 - Pop/B2B Disney Dream 2012 - Port Orleans Riverside - Royal Room
30+ Trips to Disneyland since 2002
lvstitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 07:29 PM   #28
MouseLovinMom
Mouseketeer

Kids Say the Darndest Things

On our first cruise we were seated with 2 other families. The first night, we were doing the usual round of introductions. It was the pretty typical howdy-dos until we got to the 10 year boy. Well, he spoke right up, introduced himself and his Mom and then...continued on to tell us that he doesn't have a Dad then stopped and corrected himself...Well, says the 10 year old, I DO have Dad because you know it takes a boy and a girl to.... Y'all get the idea, but rest assured the biology lesson continued on in a bit more detail than I feel the need to share here. The crown jewel of his introduction came at the end. He shared that his Mom and Dad didn't really know eachother, it was just a one night stand! AAGGGHH! Now, if you're wondering why no one stopped him, it's because we were completely stunned. Everyone one of us (including the Mom) had our mouths just hanging open. Mom did look like she wanted to crawl under the table, though! Needless to say, we were all fast friends after that first night.
MouseLovinMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 09:37 PM   #29
triptaker
Mouseketeer

My funniest story involves a certain DISper - my dear friend (or DF for short) having a birthday, a certain character that is this person’s favorite character, and oh yea, Wendy….

Consider any typical 13 year old young man who is turning 14. Now consider how much this certain DF is enthralled by Jack Sparrow that he has his walk, his talk, and each mannerism down to an art. Now imagine this certain DF who would not even go get his picture taken with Jack Sparrow because he has a tux on (heaven forbid Jack see him this way)…. Well, Jack is over in the corner taking pictures, this certain DF is trying to sneak by without being seen, and lo and behold, Wendy appears…..

Now, Wendy just happens to remember how much this certain teenager is enthralled by Jack, ,and well, my DM (Dear Mom) is around and just happens to point in the direction of this certain teenager and whispers to Wendy that its his birthday….

Now, imagine Wendy turning to everyone who is within her hearing distance that it’s this certain teenager’s birthday…. And oh, yea, by the way, did I mention that Jack is within this distance?

Now, imagine Jack and Wendy singing happy birthday (along with a whole crowd of people now gathered around)…

Now, imagine a certain DF vowing that vengeance is his…..

And that would be my funniest story – and yes, we are still DF’s.

Triptakers Daughter
triptaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 07:48 AM   #30
disneyfool_1202
The countdown has begun!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MouseLovinMom View Post
On our first cruise we were seated with 2 other families. The first night, we were doing the usual round of introductions. It was the pretty typical howdy-dos until we got to the 10 year boy. Well, he spoke right up, introduced himself and his Mom and then...continued on to tell us that he doesn't have a Dad then stopped and corrected himself...Well, says the 10 year old, I DO have Dad because you know it takes a boy and a girl to.... Y'all get the idea, but rest assured the biology lesson continued on in a bit more detail than I feel the need to share here. The crown jewel of his introduction came at the end. He shared that his Mom and Dad didn't really know eachother, it was just a one night stand! AAGGGHH! Now, if you're wondering why no one stopped him, it's because we were completely stunned. Everyone one of us (including the Mom) had our mouths just hanging open. Mom did look like she wanted to crawl under the table, though! Needless to say, we were all fast friends after that first night.
OMG you guys are KILLING me! I'm sitting here at work - at a job I just started 3 weeks ago laughing my head off surrounded by people who don't know me and probably think I'm nuts! Not to mention I shouldn't be on the internet while I'm at my NEW job but man, this thread just beckons me in the morning!!!!

DisneyFool
Denise
disneyfool_1202 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: