Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-13-2008, 08:27 PM   #76
lpoeppelman
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by o2bacelt View Post
I found a little shoe organizer for shoes, not one of the pocket ones for toiletries, but one that looks like little cubes stacked on top of each other for actually controlling the shoe population in the room. They were $2 and hold 6 pairs of adult shoes. I figure I could probably put three pairs of DD's shoes in one, I usually have one pair of tennis shoes and several pairs of flip flops and DH has two pairs of shoes with him. That it would be good enough to keep us from tripping over the shoes.

When we go down, I have a large rolling duffle bag that I use to put in things like the shoe organizers, etc. By the end of the trip the amount of stuff in that bag has decreased enough that I have extra space but we have a smaller folding duffle that we bring down empty so that we had an extra bag just in case we need it, and if we don't it folds flat and just goes back into the duffle.

I also bring a small IKEA step ($3) for DD so she can reach the sink to brush her teeth, it's just a little plastic rectangle and when I turn it over I just put things in it so it doesn't waste too much space. It just beats having to here her ask to be picked up to wash her hands, brush teeth etc.

I'm another one folks who has a binder with all my information in it. It is affectionately known in our house as "The Great Big Book of Everything." Thank you Stanley! I also have little 3 x 5 cards with our daily information on it, ADR's etc., that I carry in my bag.

Thanks to this board I have a great Baggalini bag that I use in the parks. I love it.

We also do a lot of the above mention things like outfits in ziplocks. I also have little bags that live in our vacation box (it's just a plastic tub that lives under my bed) like a laundry kit, dishwashing kit, travel games kit, pressed penny books, special sharpies, a light spinner we picked on a previous trip, clip on fans, mister fan, just to have everything we only use on vacation at hand. A few weeks before we leave I check to see if anything needs replacing or replenishing. This is all the stuff that goes in that duffle.

I want to thank some of the PPs for new ideas, like the pop up laundry bags, I went and grabbed a couple at the dollar store so we didn't have a messy room! Great ideas! Keep 'em coming!
Wanted to bump this up.

Tell me more about your Bagallinni. Thanks!

WDW - Caribbean Beach in 2005
WDW - All Star Movies in 2006
WDW - Polynesian June in 2008
WDW - Wilderness Lodge November of 2008
WDW - All Star Movies July 4th of 2009 YIKES- busy!
WDW - Beach Club in November of 2010
lpoeppelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 03:33 PM   #77
myrsfmly
DIS Veteran

Happy to find this list!!! Amazing what you forget when it's been awhile....

Last years tip... Bodyglide, saved me. I'll never leave for Disney without it again!

myrsfmly is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-13-2008, 09:15 PM   #78
dzneelvr
A Disney Dolly
Doesn't mind if her gnomes kick the bucket after a year!

trail mix, snacks or sandwiches and empty water bottles in carry-on so you don't have to buy the airline food for mucho bucks to start out your trip. Fill the water bottles prior to boarding and AFTER security. Our teenage DD and DS used these bottles in the parks throughout the trip
clothes hampers, over the door shoe hangers, plastic hangers to hang most clothes upon arrival; also to hang your colorful tops so you don't have to put them through a strange dryer cycle, powder laundry soap, dryer sheets, night light, glo-in-the-dark jewelry--you'll be amazed how expensive that stuff is in the parks but you get to wear several pieces for a fraction of the cost , small Disney toys to surprise the kids each day (all these can be found at DollarTree for $1).
dzneelvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 07:10 AM   #79
enya1973
Earning My Ears

subbing...would like to know too!
enya1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 11:14 AM   #80
myrsfmly
DIS Veteran

I brought a bottle of rum from home and a few empty travel size bottles... like you would buy to put shampoo or lotions in... and would fill a few up in the morning with the rum which made for a pretty inexpensive rum & coke later in the park... my DH thought I was nuts but was happy for the sneaky cocktail on our MK day!!

myrsfmly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 12:56 PM   #81
proteus
DIS Veteran

hmm...

- bathing suit with double sealed rear pocket for money
- aloe vera in case of sun burns
- night vision goggles for AKL (how is that for weird?)
proteus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 01:06 PM   #82
james'mommy
I've always been a green stripe kinda girl
I love you Sweatpea

My MIL goes everywhere with a mini vodka bottle filled with babyoil. I found one in my son's medicine cabinet just about freaked. Turns out she left it so that she doesn't need to worry about bringing one down.
james'mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 01:53 PM   #83
melancholywings
How do you prepare for a bank full of nuns?
'I'm thinking of a disney character'

I'm making small rice bags (fabric 'pillow' filled with rice), you toss it into the microwave for a minute with a glass of water and it becomes a heating pad. Very useful for sore muscles. And cheap so we can leave it behind if we need the room.
melancholywings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 02:31 PM   #84
1rileydog
Excited all over again!

Love it!

I love the idea of bringing small Disney toys & glow in the dark jewelry...it's so expensive to buy there!!!!
1rileydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 09:00 PM   #85
Lovin Mickey
Earning My Ears

Wow, we leave in two months and I really need to get cracking. Good thing we're flying SW so that I can have that extra suitcase.
I read somewhere that you should bring citronella candles and bug spray, especially if you plan on sitting on a balcony for any length of time.

1986 offsite
1996 offsite
2003 offsite
2007 offsite
Sept 20-27 2008 AKL-free dining
May 2012 POR Royal Rooms
2013? Art of Animation Nemo Suites
Lovin Mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 09:18 PM   #86
vcgirl925
Raisin cookies that look like chocolate chip cookies are the main reason i have trust issues

1. I'm putting all their outfits in ziplock bag. So each baggie will have undies, socks, shorts, and tee. Also hair clips that match the outfit for my dd. This way each time they need a new outfit all i have to do is grab a baggie or throw a baggy in my bag for the park. Or my dh doesn't have to match clothes he can just grab a bag. Then you squeeze all the air out and it vacuum packs it in and makes it easier to fit in your suitcase.

2. I have a ziplock bag with two sample bags of tide, two with downy, tide stain remover wipes, two dryer sheets, and a roll of quarters for the laundry.

3. I'm bringing glow sticks and bracelets from the dollar store.

4. I'm bringing two pop up laundry bags with handles ($5 at wallmart) to put dirty clothes in and if i decide to do laundry i can just carry the bag right to the laundry room.

5. I bought a gift card that i can add money too at the disney store for souveniers. It should help with budgeting. I've been putting $50 a month on the card so their should be a couple hundred on it by the time we are ready to go.

6. I buy ponchos from the dollar store for the family.

7. Buy the clip on sunblocks and antibacterial gel. Then you can clip it right to your park bag, you save space and you don't have to rummage through your bags looking for it.

8. Get some sort of lanyard for around your neck with an id pocket. This way you can put your park pass, hotel key, fastpasses, and photopass cards in it. Easy access!

9. Bring ziplocks to the parks to put digital cameras in or your wallets to keep them dry on water rides.

10. First aide kit ziplock. Adult headache relief, childrens motrin, antiseptic wipes, bandaides, moleskin, little scissors, nail clippers, ear plugs, & aloe vera gel.

11. Sunglasses holder, either clip or the kind that go around your neck. Most of the rides are dark and it's a pain to rest it on the top of your head. Mine always fall off, this way you can just clip it on to your lanyard or hang it around your neck somehow.

Upcoming Trips:
Caribbean Beach Resort: June 25th 2014
Beach Club Resort Sept 13th 2014

Last Trip: Port Orleans Riverside Feb 9th 2013

Last edited by vcgirl925; 07-23-2008 at 09:43 PM.
vcgirl925 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 09:42 PM   #87
TinaLala
Hold My Table at Ohana's I'm on My Way!

-Our orange dirty laundry bag
-An extra piece of luggage or a bag or those souvinears
-ziploc bags
-empty tube of M&Ms to hold our quarters and a mini tube to hold our pennies
-sharpie, because we've always seemed to need it for something
-special K breakfast bars

that's all I can think of right now.

Courage Confidence Character!
http://lalacraftworld.wordpress.com/ - my craft blog!

TinaLala is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 07:11 AM   #88
Disneymommy2006
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcgirl925 View Post
1. I'm putting all their outfits in ziplock bag. So each baggie will have undies, socks, shorts, and tee. Also hair clips that match the outfit for my dd. This way each time they need a new outfit all i have to do is grab a baggie or throw a baggy in my bag for the park. Or my dh doesn't have to match clothes he can just grab a bag. Then you squeeze all the air out and it vacuum packs it in and makes it easier to fit in your suitcase.

2. I have a ziplock bag with two sample bags of tide, two with downy, tide stain remover wipes, two dryer sheets, and a roll of quarters for the laundry.

3. I'm bringing glow sticks and bracelets from the dollar store.

4. I'm bringing two pop up laundry bags with handles ($5 at wallmart) to put dirty clothes in and if i decide to do laundry i can just carry the bag right to the laundry room.

5. I bought a gift card that i can add money too at the disney store for souveniers. It should help with budgeting. I've been putting $50 a month on the card so their should be a couple hundred on it by the time we are ready to go.

6. I buy ponchos from the dollar store for the family.

7. Buy the clip on sunblocks and antibacterial gel. Then you can clip it right to your park bag, you save space and you don't have to rummage through your bags looking for it.

8. Get some sort of lanyard for around your neck with an id pocket. This way you can put your park pass, hotel key, fastpasses, and photopass cards in it. Easy access!

9. Bring ziplocks to the parks to put digital cameras in or your wallets to keep them dry on water rides.

10. First aide kit ziplock. Adult headache relief, childrens motrin, antiseptic wipes, bandaides, moleskin, little scissors, nail clippers, ear plugs, & aloe vera gel.

11. Sunglasses holder, either clip or the kind that go around your neck. Most of the rides are dark and it's a pain to rest it on the top of your head. Mine always fall off, this way you can just clip it on to your lanyard or hang it around your neck somehow.
I LOVE the ideas on your list...one more thing we bring are empty water bottles to refill and the Kool-Aid or Krystal Light (for the adults) Mix Ins. These take up no space at all and help out with the budget and purchasing fewer drinks/water. The mix ins help if your kids aren't big water fans!
Old 07-24-2008, 11:19 AM   #89
tiggger1
I put vicks on my feet
It really cleans my floors and makes them softer!

I do the toss and go cup thing but I get the larger ones with the straw.. then I put the place mat. paper bib, toss and go spoon and fork, and a couple individual packs of wipes..I also toss a few of the individual mix ins in a couple of extra toss and go cups.. that way we can get a drink of water from the anywhere if we get thirsty

I also have a small first aid bag and keep a change of clothes for each kid in the bag.. ( usually something lightweight like a sundress for my dd or a one piece for the baby
Old 07-24-2008, 12:23 PM   #90
WDWorBUST
BL II - Purple Team
Okay I need my head examined....

A great use for that Sharpie - write your name on your photo pass card with it. We have had several times when the photopass photographer took our card - but then had extras and wasn't sure which one was our to put our photo on...until he looked and saw our name. (Of course still record that photopass number in a safe place too)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: