Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-21-2008, 09:40 AM   #31
Octoberbabiesrus
DIS Veteran

I foresee myself needing an extra suitcase or a big box to ship to disney!
Old 04-21-2008, 02:06 PM   #32
jacksmomma
WWMD?~ What Would Mickey Do?

Things not mentioned

~Lysol wipes The pack n play that was in our Disney room had tried peanut butter from the previous user on it! Yuck!

~Glow sticks For rides that are dark if your little one is afraid of the dark. Ours were a big hit during the EMH

~Crib Sheet Disney provides one, but I felt better using our own

~Extra Lovies or clips for them We have 3 identical copies of our son's lovey blanket, we took them all. We also had a clip so that we could attach his special stuffed animal to him if needed
6/04 Yacht Club
8/04 Disneyland
6/05 Disneyland
2/08 POFQ
6-7/08 ASSports
5/11 Pop
jacksmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-21-2008, 02:34 PM   #33
jessp1021
*Dreamin of Disney*

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandiegosusie View Post
One of the best tips that I have come across is putting together a dining cup...1 disposable (take and toss) cup with sippy seal. Add 1 table topper, 1 bibster and a few wipes in a ziploc bag. Keep the cup with all of the neccessities in your diaper bag or back pack. Your can either throw the whole "pack" away after or meal or keep the sippy and replenish in your hotel room. I thought that was a nice, compact way to have everything all together.

I would probably add some Cheerios to it to keep your daughter happy as well...
I will be traveling with my 14mo old in Sept and that is such a great idea!! Thanks!
'06 Honeymoon..Brought back an extra special souvenir..our own little minnie mouse 9mo's later!!! '07 First Family Trip '08 First time on the Dining Plan AND first flight for both kids '10 Birthday Celebration trip for DS '12 Princess Trip for DD '14 Birthday Celebration for DD

"A Christian walks by FAITH...not by FEELINGS"
jessp1021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 09:13 AM   #34
stcassidy
Mouseketeer

thanks for the great ideas

Love the shoe holder for the bathroom supplies!!! I need to go and get one.

thanks for the great ideas.
stcassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 01:33 PM   #35
adell557
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessp1021 View Post
I will be traveling with my 14mo old in Sept and that is such a great idea!! Thanks!
I agree, I have an 18 month old and that is a great idea for him. Thanks and keep the tips coming!!
adell557 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 03:59 PM   #36
LoveTwoTravel
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessp1021 View Post
We did this several years ago (and I actually keep one in my diaper bag everyday) and it worked out well. I pre-made the cup-packs in quart sized plastic zip bags (Kroger's are cheap and work well--they are thick). I took 3 to the park each day per child. If this seems like a lot of zipper bags, then you could actually make one cup with x3 plastic bibs, utensils, etc. and stack the cup in 2 other cups, making one bag with enough for 3 meals.

We've been a bunch! Still love it!

LoveTwoTravel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 10:58 AM   #37
adell557
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofygal531 View Post
Trash bags - for in room meals also doubles as laundry bag

Genius! We always try to cram our stuff into the tiny room trash can!

mini Lysol Can - clean door knobs and faucets ASAP when entering the room

Amen!! My kids have gotten sick almost every time we go, Got to Lysol!!

Dawn Dish Wipes -LOVE these for our sippy cups!

Nothing nastier than gross milk that has been sitting all day.

Also, I make my DS1 use the disposable sippys in the parks during the day. His "real" sippys stay in the room. He gets his evening milk and morning juice in his "real" sippys. I've lost too many to take them to the parks. He's at thrower! When the cup is empty, he chucks it!
LOL My son too! DD never did this, is it a boy thing?
adell557 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 11:22 AM   #38
o2bacelt
BL II - Red Team Captain
I'm totally excited about it!
I'm hoping to blow that out of the water this month

I found a little shoe organizer for shoes, not one of the pocket ones for toiletries, but one that looks like little cubes stacked on top of each other for actually controlling the shoe population in the room. They were $2 and hold 6 pairs of adult shoes. I figure I could probably put three pairs of DD's shoes in one, I usually have one pair of tennis shoes and several pairs of flip flops and DH has two pairs of shoes with him. That it would be good enough to keep us from tripping over the shoes.

When we go down, I have a large rolling duffle bag that I use to put in things like the shoe organizers, etc. By the end of the trip the amount of stuff in that bag has decreased enough that I have extra space but we have a smaller folding duffle that we bring down empty so that we had an extra bag just in case we need it, and if we don't it folds flat and just goes back into the duffle.

I also bring a small IKEA step ($3) for DD so she can reach the sink to brush her teeth, it's just a little plastic rectangle and when I turn it over I just put things in it so it doesn't waste too much space. It just beats having to here her ask to be picked up to wash her hands, brush teeth etc.

I'm another one folks who has a binder with all my information in it. It is affectionately known in our house as "The Great Big Book of Everything." Thank you Stanley! I also have little 3 x 5 cards with our daily information on it, ADR's etc., that I carry in my bag.

Thanks to this board I have a great Baggalini bag that I use in the parks. I love it.

We also do a lot of the above mention things like outfits in ziplocks. I also have little bags that live in our vacation box (it's just a plastic tub that lives under my bed) like a laundry kit, dishwashing kit, travel games kit, pressed penny books, special sharpies, a light spinner we picked on a previous trip, clip on fans, mister fan, just to have everything we only use on vacation at hand. A few weeks before we leave I check to see if anything needs replacing or replenishing. This is all the stuff that goes in that duffle.

I want to thank some of the PPs for new ideas, like the pop up laundry bags, I went and grabbed a couple at the dollar store so we didn't have a messy room! Great ideas! Keep 'em coming!
1st trip 1972, 7+ '73-'89, 3/89 off, 5/94 DL - AB, 4/04 Off, 3/06 Pop, 10/06 POFQ, 09/07 CBR 11-12/07 ASMo 6/08 Pop

o2bacelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 01:38 PM   #39
timzagain
Rena

Another interesting/ crazy idea from the Fine Living Network channel.

Instead of packing large bottles of shampoo & conditioner, pour the contents into a ziploc bag. When you get to your destination, either snip the corner of the bag and squeeze out like an icing tube, or simply scoop out what you need. At the end of the trip, you can discard the bags. If I used this tip, I'd probably pack quart sized bags with shampoo & conditioner inside a gallon size ziploc bag for added leak protection.

I'm thinking of NOT buying mister fans that are unlikely to be used again after the trip. Instead I'll save the empty bottles from my girls' body sprays, hair stuff etc and fill them with cool water and spritz at will. No added cost and I can discard them at the end of the trip to make room for the shopping, souvenirs etc!
timzagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 01:53 PM   #40
AKBAFB
Mouseketeer

Wow! The DISers never cease to amaze me. You guys have so many good ideas! The kinds of things I would think about when I was there needing that particular item and not wanting to go through the hassle or inflated cost of buying it down there. The thing is, I never remember these types of things for the next trip. You all are serious about your vacays!

AKBAFB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 02:10 PM   #41
Barb D
DIS Veteran

Bring a BABY SPOON! It's sometimes hard to find spoons in the park restaurants, and even if you do they're huge.
Barb D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 03:13 PM   #42
lecach
Will not get out of bed unless the time on the clock is even
Has a bacon gifting MIL

I've been putting together a "tinkerbell" bag for DS. Someone suggested buying little surprises ahead of time and if your child doesn't want to go back to the room you can tell them that they need to see what Tinkerbell left them. I made DS a tote bag with a Disney iron on. I've picked up items at the Dollar Tree and at Walmart such as a Buzz Lightyear pez dispensor (WalMart), Disney Straws, Disney Puzzle, Disney paddle ball, etc. - all from the Dollar Tree. Each day I will put one of the prizes in the bag so DS will have a surprise waiting on him. Plus having all the Disney gifts will hopefully alleviate buying a lot of expensive stuff in the parks. I have a weeks worth of stuff and including the bag have spent about $10 total.
POFQ - March 2009 40th Birthday Extravaganza**Marriott Grande Vista - FREE (using Marriott points)! - May 10-17, 2008**POFQ - 5 times**POR - 1 time (3/2004)**Offsite at Fairfield Inn & Suites (5/2002)**Offsite for first trip (1994)
lecach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 03:53 PM   #43
disfamily5
making memories one Disney moment at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry36 View Post
Where do you buy this?
I bought mine at a Beauty supply store..but I have seen them at the dollar store before
Old 04-28-2008, 11:03 PM   #44
GoofyG
DIS Veteran

Talking

My DD2 chunks her cup when it's empty too. I always put her cup on a tether so she can't throw it on the ground. I got a set of mitten clips, the ones you attach their mittens to their coat, and attach one end to her blankie and the other end to the strap of the stroller. That way she can't toss it over the side. I also use it on blankie in the van so she can't drop it, always on the opposite side of the van. Makes the ride a lot easier. Now if I can only come up with a way to attach her shoes. LOL She loves to take them off and chunk them. I'm always searching the car or the aisle at the store looking for them. I swear she's going to be a softball player. That girl can throw.
Old 04-29-2008, 01:01 AM   #45
HalloweenBaby
Earning My Ears

Duct tape is great for everything from fixing a hem to covering outlets to keep little hands away from them. We hardly go anywhere without it!
HalloweenBaby is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: