Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-19-2008, 01:01 PM   #16
disfamily5
making memories one Disney moment at a time

on any trip my family goes on we always get a inflatable foot bathtub..its amazing after a long day in the park to soak our feet..my mom ,sister, and I get some of that peppermint foot lotion and scrub..and go down by the pool with the foot bathtub and give ourselves pedicures...there is nothing better than pedicures in Disney World!
Old 04-19-2008, 01:22 PM   #17
Bethy Lou
Kungaloosh!
I make it a habit to not sniff kitty
Yells at exciting moments

We never go without the water mister fans that we bought at walmart. They were a blessing when we were at Disney Hollywood Studios waiting in a good spot for the High School Musical parade.

Also a portable first aid kid with pain relief, upset stomach meds, band aids for blisters and any scrapes, and individual pain relief and neosporin.

Extra batteries for cameras, they are so crazy expensive outside of the park.

We usually buy some Disney toys before we go, hide them, and surprise the girls with them either before we go to a park or while we are at the park. They help when you are waiting in line, and they also cut back on the expense of the gift shops.
Bethy Lou is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-19-2008, 07:31 PM   #18
ljb9539
Mouseketeer

Thanks again - I went today to the Dollar Tree near me and no shoe organizer Everyone raves so much about this - I have to hit a few more dollar stores around and see if I can find one. Thanks all!
Old 04-19-2008, 09:28 PM   #19
disneytab
Earning My Ears

one and fun!

Man, I've been there, done that. . .more than once!!

-Be Kool patches, the thingys at the pharmacy to help kids with fevers. On the back of the neck or back feels so good in the heat!

-dum dum lollipops. Emergency 'mute button' in quiet attractions.

Stroller must haves for me:

-swim diaper. They want to play in the fountains, but cast members will ask you to remove them if they notice the diaper. This is particulary true at the Donald's tugboat area at MK, where kids often play for a long time.

-hand towel in zippy. To dry off with after the water fun! And, I suppose it goes without saying, an complete change of clothes. In a zippy. Ziploc Ziploc Ziploc. The official sponser of Moms Gone Mad at Disney.

-Those things they sell everywhere at WDW: The spray bottles/fan. I always fill mine with ice in the mornings. By the time we need it it's nice and cold. And she always enjoys playing with it.

-stick sunscreen. it gets so sweaty hot, the lotion on their face runs and gets in their mouth and eyes, which just sucks.

Good Luck!!
disneytab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 09:33 PM   #20
wishtdream
DIS Veteran

When traveling with kids it is very important to remember to throw your traveling plan out the window ( the best laid plan will go awry when there are little ones around) and bring the infants motrin because if you don't your child will get a fever. Try using a backpack for a diaper bag. A sling is priceless for waiting in lines and cuddling on the go. Small snacks are a must as is your child's favorite cup or bottle. we took our dd on vacation when she was 16mo old and she refused to drink out of the nifty convenient disposable sippy cups it was not pleasant. Power strips, pop up hampers and shoe oraganizers are all handy to have.
wishtdream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 11:55 PM   #21
eeyoregon
I have DDD: Disney Destination DISorder

I always pack a small electric fan to use for white noise (also helps circulate air in stuffy rooms).

I bring a power strip so that I can plug in my chargers for the camera, cell phone, batteries...less likely to leave something in the socket if their are multiple items plugged in.

Packing tip if checking luggage w/ airline: NEVER pack all of one persons stuff in one suitcase because if it gets lost then that one person will have nothing. When I pack for me and my two sons I lay all 3 suitcases in a row and do an assembly line putting some of each of our things in each suitcase.

Clothes pins are helpful for keeping drapes closed tight for a darker room.
Old 04-19-2008, 11:58 PM   #22
eeyoregon
I have DDD: Disney Destination DISorder

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljb9539 View Post
Thanks again - I went today to the Dollar Tree near me and no shoe organizer Everyone raves so much about this - I have to hit a few more dollar stores around and see if I can find one. Thanks all!
Walmart has some for around $6. I just purchased a really nice (has pockets on both sides when hanging in closet) one from Avon and can't wait to take it on my cruise!
Old 04-20-2008, 12:36 AM   #23
adell557
Mouseketeer

Bump

this stuff is really helpful
adell557 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 12:51 AM   #24
grumpyvet
DIS Veteran

The item I used about a b'zillion times

Scissors. I brought a small pair of scissors, slightly sharper than toddler scissors and used them for everything!!! Cutting tags from new goodies, opening travel sized shampoo foil packs, trimming moseskin for blisters...and many other occassions that I have forgotten. Have a pair in my cosmetic case--just in case!!
grumpyvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 06:24 AM   #25
lghost
Mouseketeer

I don't know if someone posted this already but I brought a pack of cheap nightlights with us this past trip. They came in handy and we avoided having to keep the bathroom light on for the night (which always makes the room too bright).
lghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 08:19 AM   #26
ljb9539
Mouseketeer

Every time...

Every time I read this my shopping list gets longer and loger - thanks folks!
Old 04-20-2008, 12:14 PM   #27
bear74
DIS Veteran

great ideas
bear74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 12:54 PM   #28
goofygal531
Always planning...

My must haves:

Trash bags - for in room meals also doubles as laundry bag

Room air freshner - a must have in our bathroom!

Foldable potty seat - DS can't go potty #2 without his seat!

Flushable potty wipes

mini Lysol Can - clean door knobs and faucets ASAP when entering the room

Ziplocks in all sizes - also if you need a ziplock and don't have one the Goofy Candy Co. Bags have a ziplock seal

Dawn Dish Wipes -LOVE these for our sippy cups!

I also pack the usual laundry detergent, fabric sheets, juice boxes, crystal lite to go, fishy crackers, cherrios, cereals in the bowl, gum, mints, first aid kit, disposable sippy cups, disposable toddler flatware, extra diapers, extra wipes etc....

All of this stuff goes in my box to be shipped to the resort.

Also, I make my DS1 use the disposable sippys in the parks during the day. His "real" sippys stay in the room. He gets his evening milk and morning juice in his "real" sippys. I've lost too many to take them to the parks. He's at thrower! When the cup is empty, he chucks it!

Our Disney Vacations
8/14 Yacht Club's Regatta Club • 8/13 Pop Century TWO WEEKS! • 2/13 Pop Century • 9/12 Port Orleans French Quarter • 8/12 Pop Century
• 10/11 Port Orleans French Quarter• 5/10 Wilderness Lodge (Mom&Boys) •6/09 Grand Floridian-Royal Palm Club •
11/08 Boardwalk's Innkeeper's Club• 6/08 Grand Floridian
11/07 Caribbean Beach • 2/06 Beach Club• 1/05 Polynesian •
5/02 Dixie Landings • 5/01 Contemporary/Wonder/Hard Rock Hotel • 5/00 Swan
goofygal531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 11:08 PM   #29
Terry36
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disfamily5 View Post
on any trip my family goes on we always get a inflatable foot bathtub..
Where do you buy this?
Terry36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 11:39 PM   #30
all4fun
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry36 View Post
Where do you buy this?
Here's one on Amazon.com Masada Relaxing Foot Bath

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljb9539 View Post
Every time I read this my shopping list gets longer and loger - thanks folks!
LOL - I know!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpyvet View Post
Scissors. I brought a small pair of scissors, slightly sharper than toddler scissors and used them for everything!!! Cutting tags from new goodies, opening travel sized shampoo foil packs, trimming moseskin for blisters...and many other occassions that I have forgotten. Have a pair in my cosmetic case--just in case!!
I second this. I always bring a very small pair of sharp scissors. They never fail to come in handy each and every trip!

1995 Disneyland 1996 WDW off property 1997 WDW off property 1999 off property 2000 Boardwalk Villas, Disney Magic 7-day cruise 2001 Boardwalk Villas 2002 Boardwalk Villas 2004 May-off property, Sept. AKL, Boardwalk Villas 2005 January Boardwalk Villas, April VWL, September Disneyland, November Disneyland2006 April-Disneyland September-WDW,All Stars-Movies,& December-BWV2007 May BWV, October SSR, 2008 April Boardwalk Villas, December Boardwalk Villas, & cruise, 2009 March, Sept, Dec. Disneyland, 2010 October F&W Fest! 2012 November F&W Fest.
all4fun is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: