Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-31-2008, 08:53 PM   #106
disneybridetobe
Married 9-19-06 at Disney's Wedding Paviliion!

I recently miscarried a very wanted baby, and honestly, I can see how easily it can make a woman snap. My heart breaks for her.
Magical May Photopass Share My "Tattooed Mama" blog POP Fridge Swap, many dates open!
disneybridetobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 09:18 PM   #107
kgle
My son's slave

Its really amazing how insensitive some people are...and how quick they are to label people without considering other circumstances.
Register to remove

Old 01-05-2009, 10:38 AM   #108
pixiefairy
DIS Veteran

We were at DHS for Star Wars Weekends two different times in June. I caught a glimpse of Linda Skywalker/Stoppable/Effron the first time from afar. The next weekend, she was everywhere. She was dressed in a white gauzy Leia-ish kind of outfit and had a rolling suitcase with her with a bunch of stickers all over it. She was walking around after the characters and talking to people here and there. While I waited for my family to join me for the parade, I was in the shade of the memorabilia shop that is right near the gate the parade comes out of - there was a large group of over the top star wars fans.....and when Linda came along, they started yelling for her to join them. They were just very excited and very loud fans...booing the bad guys and cheering the good. And loudly yelling the names of the actors that were there. The actors paid alot of attention to them when they drove by, as well. They were pretty harmless from what I saw, but definitely something that would catch your eye and make you wonder. And I can see why Linda may be taken aside...she was dressed in a "costume"...but then, we saw several guests dressed in costumes while we were there. Do they over-look it a little for SWW?

Adults only, 40th birthday trip for my sis Oct 2013
pixiefairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 01:00 PM   #109
dronein7g
star wars weekend GOD

who is Linda Skywalker/Stoppable/Effron does she talk kinda weird and even seem out of place for sww? i think i may have met her while in line for jedi mickey
Old 01-31-2009, 03:28 AM   #110
sweetiee
Mouseketeer

I saw the Teddy Bear lady at GF this past week. Took a few pictures from afar. A couple sat down to talk to her. She was there for quiet a while.
Old 01-31-2009, 03:24 PM   #111
Dreamsoftravel
DIS Veteran

Does the towel couple ever leave GF when they come to visit? Has anyone seen them in a park or do they just hang around the hotel?

12/22/2007 Disney Magic Eastern Christmas Cruise~10/31/2009 Disney Magic Western Halloween Cruise~
9/25/2011 Carnival Pride ~7/29/2012 Carnival Pride~7/6/2013 RCCL Oasis of the Seas~
Upcoming:
6/28/2014 Disney Fantasy
Dreamsoftravel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 10:07 PM   #112
Bethmsu
Mouseketeer

Wow!

I agree with other posters, my heart goes out to these people if these eccentricities are coping mechanisms that developed as a result of a traumatic experience. I personally hope they are just a little odd. In which case ~!

I met the Yeti man and rode with him on EE several times. My sister and I just thought he had crazy gloves? Who knew he was busy setting records!

As for the towel baby people, I won't believe it till I see it! Could it be the castmember equivilent of the camp counselor telling the campers ghost stories?

Either way interesting thread.
Bethmsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 02:15 PM   #113
Scoobmuzic
Believers in faith, trust and pixie dust!
nothing worse than a fork that is not curved properly

We met Yeti-man at the Dawa bar in AK in 2006. He is a great guy. He brought the bartenders a beautiful wooden sign that said:
"For the safety of the animals, no straws are available at the Animal Kingdom." You can kind of see the sign in the pic to the left behind DH head. Of course, now AK uses paper straws so they had to take the sign down.

Here is a pic of DH and the Yeti-Man. Guess who is who...

Go Cowboys!!!
X3 Disney Caption Contest
1982 Off Site; 1991 Disney Inn; 1995 Off Site; 1997 All Star Music; 1998 Dixie Landings; 1999 All Star Movies; 2000 Port Orleans Riverside; 2001 Coronado Springs; 2002 All Star Movies; 2003 All Star Music; May 2004 POP Century; Jan 2005 Move to Kissimmee FL; Jan 2005 Reilly Family Trip to WDW!! December 2010 3rd Reilly Family Trip, All 10of 'em!
Scoobmuzic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 09:36 PM   #114
ufgator
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by M-I-C-K-E-Y View Post
Agreed - I made certain not to include her image here. As for the bears, here they are folks (the best I could manage without being obvious). It was from a distance, just off the GF main lobby, so the image is a little "grainy."

This was taken in a very public place - as such, I don't feel that posting a photo of the bears is in bad form. However, if the Mods disagree, I'll gladly delete the photo. The bears are in some sort of cluster on top of her rolling suitcase.

I've never heard of any of these people, but I was just there and saw this woman in the GF lobby. We went to dinner at Narcoossees and I remember seeing her again about 3 hours later and was surprised she was still there. I noticed the bears because I collect bears.
Me DH DS#1 DS#2 DS#3 DD Dog

Visit I Love Teddies
Your largest teddy and real bear resource, including reviews and pictures of Disney Teddy Bear and Doll Weekends

Recent trips: The Fort 2013 ~ Poly 2012 ~ GF 2011 ~ Stayed at AKL, BC, BWI, CBR, CSR, CR, Ft. Wilderness Cabins & Campgrounds, GF, Poly, POFQ, POR, WL and YC. Visited Disneyland CA and Disneyland Paris.
ufgator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 04:06 PM   #115
teddygurlkeekee
Lovin' life, as his wife.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ufgator View Post
I've never heard of any of these people, but I was just there and saw this woman in the GF lobby. We went to dinner at Narcoossees and I remember seeing her again about 3 hours later and was surprised she was still there. I noticed the bears because I collect bears.
I collect bears as well! I even have a bear tattoo and got married on National American Teddy Bear Day lol

I really really hope I get to see her in April with the hubster and I go for our first trip!!
teddygurlkeekee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 09:57 PM   #116
luvthemouse71
Cries like a baby at Illuminations..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney_Angel View Post
This gives me seconds thoughts about sitting in the GF looby with DDs American Girl doll while she attends the Wonderland Tea party. (I do not want her to lose her doll.)

The loss of a baby is unimaginable. And until you have experienced this you have no idea how YOU would respond....Grief is a powerful emotion.
True..and there is nothing much for the CMs to do except treat the couple with kindness and move on. CMs are not mental health professionals.

There was a lady in my city who did something similar..she had MR and she also had a little dog that she doted on. My dad was a fireman and his station was in her neighboorhood. He had told me that she had gone into the store and left the dog outside. Someone killed the dog while she was in there(beat it to death). The neighboorhood was not a good one and there were people who used to bother her, tease her etc. The firemen did their best to look out for her but weren't able to save the dog.This was extremely devastating to her, with good reason..last time I saw her, she was carrying a baby doll instead. The cruelty in this world can take your breath away.

I say, as long as they aren't hurting anyone else, leave them alone.
Old 10-19-2009, 02:26 PM   #117
Dopey420
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvthemouse71 View Post
True..and there is nothing much for the CMs to do except treat the couple with kindness and move on. CMs are not mental health professionals.

There was a lady in my city who did something similar..she had MR and she also had a little dog that she doted on. My dad was a fireman and his station was in her neighboorhood. He had told me that she had gone into the store and left the dog outside. Someone killed the dog while she was in there(beat it to death). The neighboorhood was not a good one and there were people who used to bother her, tease her etc. The firemen did their best to look out for her but weren't able to save the dog.This was extremely devastating to her, with good reason..last time I saw her, she was carrying a baby doll instead. The cruelty in this world can take your breath away.

I say, as long as they aren't hurting anyone else, leave them alone.
I hate people. They are the worst.

Soarin' is borin'

December 2013- Boardwalk Villas; October 2012- Saratoga Springs; October 2011- Saratoga Springs; December 2009- Saratoga Springs April 2009- Boardwalk Villas; October 2008- Boardwalk Villas; July 2008- Dolphin; December 2007- Animal Kingdom Lodge; April 2007- AllStar Music, Saratoga Springs, Pop Century; Oct 2006- AllStar Sports, BWV, POFQ; July 2005- Vero, Boardwalk Inn; Oct 2004- Contemporary Tower; Feb 2004- Coronado Springs; Dec 2003- Radisson Resort Parkway; Oct 2002- Best Western Lake Cecile; Apr 1994- Delta Resort
Dopey420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 06:06 PM   #118
brekin67
DIS Veteran

We kept running into a middle aged couple who were each carrying a dirty, tattered teddy bear. They were interacting with the dressed like babies, teddy bears as if they were real babies. It did not seem to us that they were doing it to be silly, it looked like they really thought these bears were real. Whenever we saw them they would have the teddy bears up over their shoulders, or cradled in their arms.
brekin67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 02:46 PM   #119
live4christp1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyores Butterfly View Post
She legally changed her last name to Skywalker, would come for all of the Star Wars Weekends (and then some) with her own homemade outift, and would constantly visit Luke and Leia. A few years ago she "divorced" Luke and started fixating on Ron Stoppable. I've heard that at that time she liked to be known as Linda Stoppable, but I don't think she legally changed her name again. Right now I've heard her new fixation is High School Musical and she wants her last name to be Effron.
She was at SWW this year when we were there. Dressed in outfit. Carrying a case with all kinds of SW stuff glued to the top and hanging off. As well as carrying around two of the expensive ($120) lightsabers. She was in Luke & Leia's line so she must be in love with Luke again. The CM's at SWW all seemed to know her and she was very chatty with them.

Last edited by live4christp1; 10-21-2009 at 03:14 PM.
live4christp1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 05:50 AM   #120
Disneyadore
DIS Veteran

Wow really people how nasty can you get?
I myself had a real nice conversation with the Teddy Bear lady in the GF.
She is not nuts, a lunatic ,strange or frightening.She only comes to listen to the piano for sweet memories as her husband died last year.
She sits quite in a chair and bothers nobody in opposite to the parents that let there children scream, run amok, throw food over the floor or jump up and down the chairs in the lounge of the GF.
Last year her sister came over to this board to tell us about Lynn. She is no freak.
The real sad thing is that she knows she is the laughing stock on this board ,she told us herself, so please mods close this threat.

Last edited by Disneyadore; 10-22-2009 at 06:48 AM.
Disneyadore is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: