Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-03-2008, 04:14 AM   #61
BecBennett
Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarves are not happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneygrl36 View Post
Great pictures in Toontown.
Didn't know about the Segways in Innoventions. That's cool.
I know, isn't it great? I only wish that I'd remembered the Segway Tour! It would have been awesome!
Old 06-08-2008, 01:27 PM   #62
ta2edgoofy
show me someone who says they know more than me about KISS and i'll show you a liar!

great trip report, cant wait to hear about how it ends, and if chris stops his whining!
ta2edgoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-15-2008, 01:16 AM   #63
BecBennett

Hey,
Sorry I've taken so long to post - once again - but my internet connection is really slow at the moment. THe good news is however, that I've almost finished typing my trip report, it's just a matter of posting it now!!

So the next post is coming up shortly.
Old 06-15-2008, 01:28 AM   #64
BecBennett

Wednesday 5th March – We finally make it to L.A!

So, we were up and early and ready for our tour of L.A. We breathed a sigh of relief when the bus turned up too.

This tour was ok, but nothing special. I really expected that they’d let us off at Rodeo Drive so we could look around. I really wanted to buy 1 thing from there, that’s all I could afford of course. But they wouldn’t let us off the bus! We did go to garden grove, but it’s not the same. We also stopped at Santa Monica. This is nice, but it’s got nothing on the Aussie Beaches.
This photo was pretty anyway.

We also went and saw Grauman’s Theatre, and all of the stuff around it.

Hey! This looks familiar!

And we stopped at this place!

Best decision ever!

That night we had Yambuki for dinner. It was nice, but a little over priced... We didn’t eat in though, so we didn’t get the full ambience that would have made the meal... Nice though...

Then we fell asleep watching the Disney channel. Notice a pattern here? I now love watching Hannah Montana, Cory in the House and Witches of Waverly Place.
Old 06-15-2008, 01:35 AM   #65
stagemomx3
DIS Veteran

Your sundae lucks good! Great shot of the Hollywood sign.
stagemomx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 06:47 PM   #66
Bloodhound
DIS Veteran

woo hoo an Update....lol

Robert
Bloodhound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 04:27 AM   #67
BecBennett

Thursday March 6th – Day off.

We slept in today. I’d completely lost my voice... I knew it was coming, my voice had been crackly all week because of my cold, but I was at Disneyland, so I couldn’t really be bothered to do anything about it. Chris made me take the day off though. He told me that we could go to Disneyland on Monday instead of today. We weren’t originally planning on going to DL that day, because it’s the day we fly out, but our flight wasn’t until after 10pm...

When we eventually got up we caught a taxi to The Block to do some shopping. This is a nice shopping centre, but not as good as I was expecting. We bought lots of lollies – or candy, whatever you want to call it – from the lolly shop, and spent the day wandering around the shops.

We had a lovely lunch at the Alcatraz Brewery. I had some sort of hamburger with pineapple relish. Chris had something that was really spicy. I can’t have spicy stuff, because I’m a sook.

When we’d looked at just about everything there was to see at The Block, we caught another taxi back to the hotel.

We then spent the afternoon in DTD shopping and getting souvenirs for the people back home. We had a PS at the Rainforest Cafe that night so we just spent our time looking around and buying unhealthy food. We did a bit of people watching and waited for our dinner time.

I really enjoyed the rainforest cafe. It was difficult trying to order my dinner, mainly because it’s noisy in there, plus every time the waiter came to our table it just happened to be in the middle of a thunder storm...

I had the chicken Caesar salad, which was nice, but I didn’t even come close to finishing it because I still wasn’t feeling well. I also had several of these yummy drinks.

I can’t remember what they’re called though...

Once again we strolled back to the hotel through DTD, people watching, buying souvenirs and deserts. Mainly fairy floss.

My description of each day seems to be getting shorter as I go, and trust me it felt that way too. Sleeping in late and being forced to go back to the hotel early was starting to get annoying. But I was sick, and I suppose I needed it, but it was really annoying!!!

So, back to the hotel to watch the Disney chanel...
Old 06-17-2008, 11:51 AM   #68
Bloodhound
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BecBennett View Post
Thursday March 6th – Day off.

We slept in today. I’d completely lost my voice... I knew it was coming, my voice had been crackly all week because of my cold, but I was at Disneyland, so I couldn’t really be bothered to do anything about it. Chris made me take the day off though. He told me that we could go to Disneyland on Monday instead of today. We weren’t originally planning on going to DL that day, because it’s the day we fly out, but our flight wasn’t until after 10pm...

When we eventually got up we caught a taxi to The Block to do some shopping. This is a nice shopping centre, but not as good as I was expecting. We bought lots of lollies – or candy, whatever you want to call it – from the lolly shop, and spent the day wandering around the shops.

We had a lovely lunch at the Alcatraz Brewery. I had some sort of hamburger with pineapple relish. Chris had something that was really spicy. I can’t have spicy stuff, because I’m a sook.

When we’d looked at just about everything there was to see at The Block, we caught another taxi back to the hotel.

We then spent the afternoon in DTD shopping and getting souvenirs for the people back home. We had a PS at the Rainforest Cafe that night so we just spent our time looking around and buying unhealthy food. We did a bit of people watching and waited for our dinner time.

I really enjoyed the rainforest cafe. It was difficult trying to order my dinner, mainly because it’s noisy in there, plus every time the waiter came to our table it just happened to be in the middle of a thunder storm...

I had the chicken Caesar salad, which was nice, but I didn’t even come close to finishing it because I still wasn’t feeling well. I also had several of these yummy drinks.

I can’t remember what they’re called though...

Once again we strolled back to the hotel through DTD, people watching, buying souvenirs and deserts. Mainly fairy floss.

My description of each day seems to be getting shorter as I go, and trust me it felt that way too. Sleeping in late and being forced to go back to the hotel early was starting to get annoying. But I was sick, and I suppose I needed it, but it was really annoying!!!

So, back to the hotel to watch the Disney chanel...
That looks like a wild place...I have to put it on my list.

Robert
Old 06-17-2008, 04:51 PM   #69
Disneygrl36
Happy DVC member!!!!

What's a sook?
What's fairy floss?
I never knew Australian English was a foreign language.
Loved the Hollywood update!!!!
I hate that you were sick at DL. I hope you had at least one day filled with magic.
Old 06-18-2008, 05:10 AM   #70
kylieh
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneygrl36 View Post
What's a sook?
What's fairy floss?
I never knew Australian English was a foreign language.
Loved the Hollywood update!!!!
I hate that you were sick at DL. I hope you had at least one day filled with magic.
Fairy Floss = Cotton Candy
Sook = Well, I looked up a good definition for this, as to any Aussie, you say Sook, and in context of the sentence we know what it means. So from http://www.famie.com/australia/australianslang2.htm , sook is Sook: Someone who complains a lot; and from http://goaustralia.about.com/cs/language/a/strines.htm sook. Shy, timid person. Also a bit of a cry-baby. The adjective is sooky.

In this case, though I'm sure Bec will correct me if I'm wrong, she is meaning cry-baby, whingy, as this type of tucker, being spicy food, may make her a little crook . But then again, I could be telling a bit of a furphy
Old 06-18-2008, 05:13 AM   #71
kylieh
DIS Veteran

And I forgot to add, thank you Bec for your trip report. DH & I have quite enjoyed it.
Old 06-23-2008, 07:04 AM   #72
BecBennett

Thanks for translating Kylie! Yeah Chris whinges... A lot... So do I though, so it all evens out in the end!

My internet connection is finally up to speed again, so the next post is coming up.
Old 06-23-2008, 07:09 AM   #73
BecBennett

Friday March 7th

Back to Disneyland today!
Still deemed too sick to be allowed to have an early morning... But we got their relatively early still.
I was excited to discover that the Jungle Cruise was open! It wasn’t scheduled to open until the following day, so on we toddled.

I love the corniness of this ride. I get a good chuckle out of the jokes. Chris wasn’t as impressed with it though.
Unfortunately they hadn’t completely ironed out all the wrinkles and we got stuck just before the end of the ride. Next to the head shrinker... whatsis name... We sat there for ages. It got a little embarrassing for the poor skipper. He asked us if we had any questions after he ran out of all of his skit, a few people had questions, but it sort of ruined it for me. On the Jungle Cruise you’re supposed to be out in the Jungle, but the skipper told us that during the 6 weeks that it had been closed, he was just working on Splash Mountain. He could have lied, and made something up about being on safari or something...
He did redeem himself a little when a little girl asked him why the head hunter had stopped moving. He simply said “Yeah, his arm gets tired”

We then rode BTMRR again, and then spent a little bit of time in Big Thunder Ranch. I was hoping to take a photo of “The Happiest Turkey’s on Earth” but they weren’t there...

We spent a bit more time in Disneyland before heading over to DCA. I wanted to see Aladdin.
This was a really great show. I was a bit disappointed that it didn’t follow the exact same story as what the movie does, but I got over it enough to enjoy the show. But I ask you!? What is Aladdin without Abu?!?! It just didn’t sit just right with me.

After the show we stumbled on where you buy the Turkey legs from.

Chris really wanted one of these. We come from a family where every Sunday we have a baked dinner. Since we were on holidays, we hadn’t had one for a month. This was the closest we could find.

We then headed back to Disneyland. Yes I know, we bounced around a lot.

We somehow ended up at The Hungry Bear, I grabbed some lunch, and enjoyed a little while with some of the Disney cats.

This cat was really friendly, and was more then happy to sit and stare blankly at me while I talked to it.

This one wasn’t nearly as friendly (or as pretty) but I love white cats, so I’m obliged to like him too.

After lunch we looked around NOS, I wanted to find the Jewel of Orleans because I thought there might be some really nice jewellery there, but despite them being one offs, they weren’t exactly all that different to what you’d find in any jewellery store.

We then caught the train around the park and got off at Main Street and headed back to the hotel to rest. I had been once again deemed too sick... *sigh*

When we headed back to the parks it was night time. We went into DCA because I wanted to go on the sun wheel at night, and Chris wanted to go on Screamin’ at night. So we did.

We eventually headed back into Disneyland, tonight we were going to watch the fireworks and fantasmic! No illness would stop me from seeing these shows!
Old 06-24-2008, 10:50 PM   #74
Bloodhound
DIS Veteran

yum....Turkey Leg...lol Great pics

Robert
Old 06-25-2008, 04:28 AM   #75
BecBennett

Next post coming up shortly!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: